Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    SKKSKK Posts: 1 New Member
    I think we should have pre teens in the sims 4. I even send them a letter now I better some pre teen update on Thursday or their sales will go down and that will be the end of the sims 4 and we don't want that
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    It would be nice if radios turn off automatically if nobody is in the room. Much like auto lights but instead cutting all electronic activity.
  • Options
    silly_person_123silly_person_123 Posts: 3 New Member
    I like almost everything! I love the upgraded customization. There's a few things I wish it would've have that sims 3 had. For example the more customizable clothing. Also the expansions, I wish some of them would have more. Like the vampire pack, I wish it would have been a supernatural pack
  • Options
    The vampire expansion has some really annoying features. I love it overall but there are some things I just find bad.
    The random fights for example. Not the fact that my sims can spar but the problem of despising each other afterwards sucks. It happened with a sim and his nearly wife and his son. Why such a huge relationship loss?
    The drink to reset the vampire powers. Why are there two options? Right, one to find out for the first time which one is actually resetting the powers and one to waste time and items. Also Ive created several to reset my sims but another sim drank it or picked it up the moment it was done and the sim that needed the drink didnt get one for several rounds.
    Another problem is a delay with commands. Vampires just stand there and do nothing. Young vampires who stand in the sun burn easily sometimes because they dont obey a command, given or not or queued.
    Vampires, unlike non-vampires, dont automatically consume plasma fruits or plasma packs made by sims. They only automatically drink ordered plasma packs.
    There might be need for a twin coffin for couples.
    Getting a vampire to run out and drink from a non-vampire can be problematic when the non-vampire is heading off the grid.

Random things
    Some sims read a book, or attempt to, are almost done but then stop to do something else. Getting a single sim to read three books for the aspiration was a pain. But having four sims reading all vampire books at once was rather easy. *shrugs* Letting a book just sit around often results in a specific sim to put it away. Even tho the specific sim has no tidy trait.
    Objects have shadows to simulate light effects but the shadows "jump". The shadows can simulate waving trees but not a moving sun?
    I had a few days without power and water. Just for fun. But it wasnt fun afterwards because the settings for every light were reset. Trying to get it back right only works until I enable auto lights which resets the settings for the lights of the room.

If I give my sim a command, ANY action the sim is currently doing should be canceled. Or give us an option how many seconds of command delay we want. For short actions its ok not to cancel but for longer actions it is ok to cancel after up to 5 seconds.

The list goes on and on. These are tiny things that are annoying.
  • Options
    noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member
    edited April 2017
    My two cents. I would LOVE for the team to figure out how to create a modified " Create a World".( In fact I think that it would make a great Pack or EP, or whatever they would label it. )
    I say modified because I suspect that the closed world would create a few road blocks. Still, I never liked playing in premade worlds, I mean, they're ok, but I always preferred to create my vision, and loved seeing Sims make that world come alive. That was just my thing, and aside from Seasons, it's the only thing that is really lacking in this game ( for me) aside from career paths and a slew of objects.
    Post edited by noodlesandme on
  • Options
    I cant invite to hangout vampire girlfriends. During day they cant come because they are vampires. During night they cant come because they are sleeping. So the only way to get them to hangout is to way until they randomly walk the neighborhood or when they decide to call to hang out?

A fix to this would be a feature to have populated homes in the active street. I could set up a house for them and visit them or call them over if I see them awake. I dont want to install a mod everytime the game is messed up or is lacking a vital feature or because the devs maybe some day fix the issue... in the nearly far future.

I already installed mods to see trees because they go invisible when I get to close with the camera, to have nails, to not lose sims to culling, because my sims constantly get out of touch with people that I cant constantly invite in to spend time with, for better door locks and MC to fix things the game is constantly breaking. These are things the game needs by default, not through mods. I mean this is the fourth sims game. I would expect the devs to play the game themselfs from time to time to realize this. /vent
  • Options
    drvanlaeckedrvanlaecke Posts: 3 New Member
    Can we have more places to go on vacation? Like the beach or snowboarding
  • Options
    Kyky_3000Kyky_3000 Posts: 1 New Member
    Anyone else have sims that are married, but one or both of the sims has a want to get engaged and/or married to the sim they're already married to? I tried renewing vows at the wedding arch, but it didn't fulfill the "get married to ..." want. Just wish that if sims are married, they won't have a want to get engaged/married to that sim, gets annoying after a while.
  • Options
    IrishBeccaIrishBecca Posts: 4 New Member
    ok, I have enjoyed TS4, but there are a few things I miss about Sims 3. I miss being able to go unto the Sims website, and be able to purchase different hairstyles, outfits, etc, without buying the entire pack. I also am not a fan of too few lots that we can built on. Once a neighborhood is full, I either have to kick someone out or go in and "kill" them all..lol. The loading screens are a bit tiresome as well. Not worth a complaint in the long run though. My biggest complaint is the buying of outfits, hair, and shoes from the website.
  • Options
    IrishBeccaIrishBecca Posts: 4 New Member
    I forgot one thing. Does anyone else have an issue with their sim becoming "inspired", but to stop what they are doing to go play basketball? My sim was in the middle of cooking, got inspired, dropped the pan to go "dream big". Very annoying..lol
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Enough already with that stupid effing monster under the bed! I have the nightlights in every child's room in every household, but still get it night after freaking night, in every household that has children! Make it stop!
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    Angelt9123Angelt9123 Posts: 1 New Member
    Really need to add a way to move specific sims from a household into an empty lot, not merge with another household. :#
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    What is the difference between rotate lot and rotate house? It would be nice if rotate lot set the new front.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    Conceptually The Sims 4 is trending upwards. I really enjoy the graphics, the emotions/mood changes, CAS toggles and creative freedom. On the flip side I really miss my sims having cars and We need present day clothing and hair trends. We have retro/vintage clothes but there are a lot of cool things in 2017 that can be addressed. The "ethnic hair" section is appalling and it REALLY hurts as a long time fan of the game that we DO NOT have a Hip Hop and Latin station that can be played on the stereos NOT just the DJ both.
  • Options
    CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    Thanks for adding Toddlers :smile:
  • Options
    Harry StefaniHarry Stefani Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I didn't went crazy with the new April-June teaser but I feel that I need another Family based pack for my sims 'cause toddlers was off from the last. I would like them to fix some child issues like they're very slow beside toddlers or do specific things. It takes an hour or two to come back home from the playground. Plus for some reason their head-shape are weird. And add some things on teens, anything different from an adult. At last I hope for more free content that they left from the base game.
  • Options
    ArnyaAnise751ArnyaAnise751 Posts: 3 New Member
    So i had an idea and wanted to hear your feedback. I know its a touchy subject for some people but I don't mean it to come out harsh and mean because that's not my intention but I was thinking they should add the reality side to pregnancy in the sims 4. Such as the risks and miscarriages and still births, again I'm not trying to come off as a horrible human being and I'm sorry if i offend anyone but its just an idea I wanted to put out there...
  • Options
    giannacorbinogiannacorbino Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey so there were somethings from Sims 3 that I think should be put in sims 4.
    1. Mermaids
    2. Pets
    3. Supernatural stuff
    4. Color customization
    5. Color customization
    6. Please bring back color customization
    7. I think in either seasons or generations it had like a dating website sort of deal. Like you'd make a profile for your sim and look at other sims.
    Please consider these and I bid you good day.
  • Options
    EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    Finally got Vampires in 4, compared to vampires in 3, am liking them way more here, although the ones in Supernatural were way better than in Late Night.

As for the Plantsims challenge? How is needing to basically hover near a faucet for water all day long better than having to empty one's bladder occasionally? At least it's only a challenge but I can hardly wait to convert back to a regular sim. The sun need is not working well either, my poor little sim almost expired while at the flea market as the sun didn't seem to work too well in filling the food need. I almost feel like removing the walls and roof of my house so my sim can get enough sun to survive while trying to fill other needs.

As for a wish list, I know the World Adventure EP was not too popular with many but I enjoyed doing all the adventures even though it did take me almost six months to complete (Real life time). I wouldn't mind having something like that in 4, even if it were maybe just one world?

A world editor! Please! There are so many areas that sims can access, such as the park area in Newcrest and even the one in Willow Creek behind Potters Splay that just begs for more content. Please give us the tools to flesh those areas out. Maybe even create new neighborhoods that can be accessed using custom mysterious trees and mine shafts.

I do find this game much more enjoyable to play than 3 just because the lag is missing and the routing issues don't need constant addressing, so kudos there.
    On a planet far, far away.
  • Options
    xcutxandxpastex0xcutxandxpastex0 Posts: 76 Member
    I think a nice update would be to add the ability to have separate foundation heights for separate buildings on one lot, as well as wall heights.
  • Options
    xcutxandxpastex0xcutxandxpastex0 Posts: 76 Member
    Also can we please have teacher careers
  • Options
    MagicPiggyPiggMagicPiggyPigg Posts: 62 Member
    I am LOVING TS4!
    However..
    I have a great idea for the Sims 4.
    Since toddlers are still pretty new, TS4 staff should create bed wetting.
    It's like how children have monsters under their bed; it creates an interruption in the whole "sleeping environment", plus it adds realism. What do you guys think?
    tumblr_o06vtpmqXy1uxy6lvo1_500.gif
    "Who wants to live forever?" - Freddie Mercury, my queen
  • Options
    However we can sometimes run out of things to do. I'd suggest, also, to stop making all of these stuff packs and start making more expansion packs. I've bought all of their content and it hasn't graciously changed my game.
  • Options
    *generously.
    Sorry o.o
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    TS4 CAS is just amazing. You can really make all sorts of sims as none look different at all. Then you have build mode.
    SUCH a major improvement or previous games. So easy too it makes me get really into building homes and lots for sims. Builders are so creative with how flexible it is we see some amazing stuff.

I'd like to see more story progression? Seems like the sims don't have a lot of conflict in game compared to oh like sims 1 and 2. Now and again I may see a sim insult another, but hardly ever get into many fights less you initiated a bunch of mean interactions. Not just that, but Sims possibly proposing to other sims, getting married without the player having any influence on anything. I can only get this with the NRRAS mod. I remember I made a townie and she was in the bin with the others and while I was playing one of my main house holds here I see her strutting down the sidewalk pregnant and I'm just 'PFFT WHAT?? I made you hours ago and you're already knocked up.'

Oh, would also like to see more sims walking around carrying their toddlers or just having them in a stroller? Feels a bit more realistic than seeing toddlers waddling down a sidewalk as amusing as that is, especially when you can literally invite one over?

Maybe some more gameplay interaction for children AND toddlers though I expect it to probably be in a gamepack or EP. Return of sandboxes possibly? Swings for children and toddlers to be pushed in.

Oh, and PLEASE I would like to see Burglars soon. I miss these punks so much and I honestly thought they would have been in the GTW EP due to the detective career. What the heck? That would have been a great opportunity to introduce them but I hope to at least see them in a free patch? Things are a bit too perfect in the sims world when they're not burning their kitchens down or dying from a certain emotion.

I'd like more personality to the game opposed to more things to sim with as much as I enjoy them. Conflict is always needed. Here's hoping for the family game pack to help add onto that.

Also a WORLD EDITOR if possible. It'd be great if we could just create more worlds and not just get them in patches, GP's/Ep's and have a bit of customization to them. I don't mind the map overview in the least, but it'd be nice to have more options for sure.
    5vJrxmT.png