Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,996 Member
    A toggle for progression would be helpful. As things now stand if I'm playing family A, all the others are in motion as well, though uncontrolled. Began to realize this when sims weren't where I left them when I stopped playing a particular family to do another. Made the surprising discovery in family management a couple of nights ago while culling townie vampires that one of my married couples now have a baby. Thing is, the wife was not even pregnant when I last played that household a few weeks ago! :o;) I have the impression that a lot of players don't mind things running while they are not there, but surely I am not the only one that prefers the Sims2 approach of all households other than the active one are paused where you left them last. It may not emulate real life, but it does make for calmer game play and planning. I suggest a toggle so either play style may be accommodated.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    A toggle for progression would be helpful. As things now stand if I'm playing family A, all the others are in motion as well, though uncontrolled. Began to realize this when sims weren't where I left them when I stopped playing a particular family to do another. Made the surprising discovery in family management a couple of nights ago while culling townie vampires that one of my married couples now have a baby. Thing is, the wife was not even pregnant when I last played that household a few weeks ago! :o;) I have the impression that a lot of players don't mind things running while they are not there, but surely I am not the only one that prefers the Sims2 approach of all households other than the active one are paused where you left them last. It may not emulate real life, but it does make for calmer game play and planning. I suggest a toggle so either play style may be accommodated.

Sims 4 has no story progression though unless you're using mods. I think households marked as unplayed sometimes will change careers but that's about it. Played households are left alone.

"It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    GTW could have at least disabled the forced-to-have-all-clothes closests/wardrobes feature. What's the point of having a clothing shop If sims already have anything and EVERYthing to wear.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Reaper5901Reaper5901 Posts: 33 Member
    I agree but i have a problem in myshuno tables are inside or through the food stalls vendors cannot op there is about 6 food stalls on top of one another and it's only with the spice festival
    I meant to say vendors cannot get to the food stalls there is tables in the doorway of the food stall how do i add a photo
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Reaper5901 wrote: »
    I agree but i have a problem in myshuno tables are inside or through the food stalls vendors cannot op there is about 6 food stalls on top of one another and it's only with the spice festival

The overlapping festivals is a widely reported bug, not a feature. It's been acknowledged, I believe. Maybe next patch we'll finally get a fix.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Chanty25Chanty25 Posts: 94 Member
    I have a problem with the police career. When I go to work with them a lot of times the never go home, the work day never ends, try to go on patrol and sends me to manage world screen or if I try to issue APB it sends me to the manage world screen. Anyone else having this problem?
    I read that before the last sim goes to work you will get a option to call a nanny or daycare my sims don't get that option the infant's still gets warped to daycare has anyone any idees or have that problem i have the mod in for live in nanny from mod the sims and can that be the problem pls help
  • LonnykinsLonnykins Posts: 508 Member
    1. A Plasma Fruit Birthday Cake would be Ideal along with a few other Plasma Fruit recipes, please, for the sake of diversity - with that as a default when having events catered at vampire family homes - too complex? dunno. :) Hate throwing out birthday cake and other food cuz the Vamps can't eat it.
    2. Also, it would be nice to have Control of Guest Interactions while they are in your home or venue to make events more inclusive and assure everyone is in on celebrations, congregating when and where they should and not playing on computers or other distractions.

Really enjoying the Vampires and Toddlers (and so glad to see that issue put to bed - not having to wipe down the tears running through the forum threads) they are cuter than I expected and not a priority for me, but definitely fun. I like that I can create lots with coffins in graves below headstones that only bat or mist vampires can teleport to for sleeping :) Bravo there!
    I spend most of my time creating and building and Very Rarely Play i.e. The only family I played fully was my original basegame family through 5 generations.
    I'm always up with the latest packs and EPs. No complaints here. Thanks for what you do get done. Again, congrats on the satifying(?) the Toddler demand.

2lky1ys.jpg
  • LADYKAY75LADYKAY75 Posts: 46 Member
    I'm happy you brought toddlers back! My 16 y/o refused to play until toddlers was patched in. Love the vampires are we getting werewolves and fairies? Now, me as a faithful Simmer has been playing since the beginning. On an up coming patch can we please have washing machines and dryer's? I miss not being able to wash and dry clothes. Also are we going to get Seasons, Generations, Pets, Cars, going to the supermarket everybody doesn't shop on-line. I've been silently watching what the players want and to some degree it's coming to fruition. As of right now I allow my daughter to play as much as she wants and I'm taking a Sim-break.
  • bishop49erbishop49er Posts: 79 Member
    I need to be able to post ... I'm not finding a place to leave comments on a topic.
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    Would liked for paintings you paint yourself would give some points to enviroment, seems odd to me that you can craft a dragon sculpture on workbench and get a couple points to enviroment. But when you paint masterpieces they add zero to enviroment, feel a little strange to me while other paintings you purchase actually provide some bonuses to enviroment?
    Reaper5901 wrote: »
    I read that before the last sim goes to work you will get a option to call a nanny or daycare my sims don't get that option the infant's still gets warped to daycare has anyone any idees or have that problem i have the mod in for live in nanny from mod the sims and can that be the problem pls help

You need to actively use the Sim's phone to hire the Nanny. It's not a popup.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    bishop49er wrote: »
    I need to be able to post ... I'm not finding a place to leave comments on a topic.

If a topic is still open (some are closed), you'll see a box just like you did here. But New Members can't always start new topics; you might need to be active here longer before you can do that.
  • bishop49erbishop49er Posts: 79 Member
    My game quit working today while I was playing this morning. Second time this has happened since I've had the game. I got the The Sims 4 Has Stopped Working. I've had the game for a year ... Waiting to see if it happens again and reading about ways to fix it. Not sure where this goes. I can't post yet.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    bishop49er wrote: »
    My game quit working today while I was playing this morning. Second time this has happened since I've had the game. I got the The Sims 4 Has Stopped Working. I've had the game for a year ... Waiting to see if it happens again and reading about ways to fix it. Not sure where this goes. I can't post yet.

@bishop49er, have you tried lowering your graphics settings? I had the same problem as you but when I lowered my settings from Ultra to High, I stopped experiencing freezing and crashing.

EiFlric.png
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    It would be really nice if a patch allowed players with Outdoor Retreat - or maybe even all base game owners - to set lot types as Rental outside of Granite Falls. My sims who live in San Myshuno might want to go on vacation to Windenburg or Oasis Springs. I'd like to see a proper rental/vacation ability for any world opened up.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Hi devs and gurus, loving the Vampires game pack, I can't thank you enough for giving us such an amazing version of my favorite supernaturals!

I do have one humble request, if I may, regarding vampire lore. I love the skill and the things that are unlocked as it is learned, but I would really like to have a way to discover and use it without a computer. Would it be possible to add the same lore options to the bookcases? Many of my sims, both mortal and vampire alike, live in big, old, Victorian houses, and I like to keep them as technology-free as possible. Plus, I envision my vampire hunters taking special trips to the ancient library in Windenburg to do their research, and the computer necessity kind of kills the adventure, haha. Plus, I feel like it would make libraries a little more special, which would be nice, because I found some beautiful builds on the gallery and I just don't want everything to have to be modernized to be used.

Also, if, one day, there could be a toggle to turn off autonomous phone use, that would be perfection. Especially if we could get some old land line telephones to put in our houses.

Thanks for reading. :)
    #Team Occult
  • KitsunechanwKitsunechanw Posts: 112 Member
    i feel a few things would improve the game either as a mod or an official change.
    1. toddlers crawling before walking!!
    2. motives decay slower
    3. more time in the day- though there is a cheat to change the game speed without effecting activities it doesnt stay where you place it when you go to another location in the game (sims.set_milliseconds_per_sim_second 060)
    4. pets obviously, but more specifically pet shops- place able strays! i want to be able to make like a junk yard and then creat to dogs and place them on the lot without the need of a human! as well small animal breeding and more veriety of fish! like saltwater!- i think you should be able to go to a pet shop to purchase a pet. or even own one! oh and farms! i want to make a petting zoo to visit! and i hope rabbits can hop around the house like the cats. and i hope lizzards are still there. want more veriety of birds there as well then in the sims 3. maybe even be able to play a dog or cat only household.
    5. parks with actual realalistic playgrounds, slides swings, jungle gyms that look normal those horsey rocky things seasaw- you know park objects!
    6. i know ea wont but it would be nice to have a gamepack released for adults only that could add smoking, getting drunk drunk, aybe strippers nothing too adult just like some more basic things common in life- like im not talking anatomicly corect sims lol but just something for us adults on here who want a more real, and entertaining experience. but that wont happen lol so modder get modding 🐸🐸🐸🐸
    7. better or customizable tattoos
    8. ugh better hair for sure and clothes- but thats in general- idk whats up but i feel like the objects and clothing in game they like tr to go out of the way to make weird and colourful and different instead of having any normal everyday clothes. lol
    9. more events for my sim to hold, baby showers, bachelorette, slumber parties, bar-b-que, pool party- karoake night- movie night, you know more veriety- some of these i have already as mods which are great, but not everyone uses mods
    10. seasons of course! with corresponding holidays, halloween, christmas, easter i guess,
    11. more veirety of city events and festivals, maybe an actuall circus, or fair, when pets come around maybe a petting zoo or pet adoption event?
    12. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO ADOPT OR SELL OUT MY PETS BABIES!!!!!!!
    13. if they make pets unplayable they could make it so we could have more than 8 per household?
    14. laundry, i want to be able to do the laundry again like sims 3, i enjoyed that, it also helped change the outfits so the sim doesnt wear the same thing all the time. they could add water heaters and basement like clutter to that stuff pack as well
    15. open world could be nice, but would probs break my computer so maybe open neighbourhoods? as in no load screen when visiting a neighbour? or park right across the street. idk
    16. more veriety in style of objects- like seriously just take a look at some of our mods and see what is popular and make it like that?
    17. one thing that is annoying is the unrealistic pay! even it out to be more real- and add more job options, like teacher, military, biology, call center, baby sitter, dog walking, piano teacher! like get a bit more creative
    18. ide like to see a secondary education, or for toddlers even a preschool!
    19. wild animals of course. like squirrels and owls and what not.
    20. and lastly for now more food options! there just is never enough veriety i swear! as well as being able to pick how many to cook for-! specifically so no more leftovers!
    thats it- right now but these things i think could help make the gameplay even better- i mean i already fricken love it even with its glitches and minor flaws- but this will make it even better.
    Dragging fence over stairs should turn them into railing!

🐸🐸🐸🐸- yes your tag there- ive been wondering forever why we cant get any new custom neighbourhoods and now i see why. so unfair- they better have a good reason for this

Sims 4 has no story progression though unless you're using mods. I think households marked as unplayed sometimes will change careers but that's about it. Played households are left alone.

it does have some story progression- but it has a way way way better one if you use mccomand center. i mean 🐸🐸🐸🐸 its a great progression
    KyliePlays wrote: »
    Guys, PLEASE MAKE THE SIMS 5 BETTER THAN THE SIMS 4. IT HAS TO BE. Make the worlds bigger! Let us "Create a World!". The Sims 4 maps are done poorly...

sims 5 is years away. and honeslty i truly hope this is the last sims and they just add and add to this one- because honeslty anything better than this can jsut be added as a game pack-
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    KyliePlays wrote: »
    Guys, PLEASE MAKE THE SIMS 5 BETTER THAN THE SIMS 4. IT HAS TO BE. Make the worlds bigger! Let us "Create a World!". The Sims 4 maps are done poorly...

sims 5 is years away. and honeslty i truly hope this is the last sims and they just add and add to this one- because honeslty anything better than this can jsut be added as a game pack-

Yet, some of the things you've listed above would require a new game engine. Things that make you go hmmm!
  • JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    I'm about finished up with my 48 hour trial, and I felt like saying a few things. For a little background, I got the first Sims when it was new, played the first expansion, but then took a long break. I came back for Sims 3 and got a good chunk of the expansions and such for it before taking another break.

I don't think I'm going to be getting Sims 4 yet. Overall, playing it made me feel like I had never stopped playing Sims 3 (not in a bad way, just in a 'I hadn't taken as long of a break as I thought' way).

I liked the new mood system. It seems to fluctuate a lot sometimes, which is annoying when you have a whim to go to work Confident, for instance, but it seems like a good addition to the Needs system without requiring too much extra maintenance or anything.

I liked the new build mode. I was overwhelmed at first, ironically, even by the preset rooms and such (it didn't help that I accidentally first started out in the newer, empty world and thought I was going to have to build all of my own stuff). I don't remember being able to place objects at several different vertical heights on walls and such, and it seemed to open a whole new world of building possibilities.

Of course, I was always better at appreciating the work done with that than doing it myself, which brings me to one of my main issues. Create a Sim felt horribly limited to me. I don't know if it's because it took a step back from Sims 3, or just that I expected it to have improved more in Sims 4, but I spent the first few hours of my trial just trying to be content with the Sims I had made.

The first thing that really bugged me, was color choice. I can't believe how limited some of the color choices are on clothing. I really don't know why there are choices at all. Why can't I just use a color picker? I understand some of them have patterns and that can make things a bit more complicated, but that complication should only apply if you're choosing a pattern.

Another place this really bothered me, was in a certain hairstyle, one with a headband of roses built into it. First, it bugged me that it was built in, and not a separate accessory or "hat," especially since I wasn't fond of the style itself. But what really droves me nuts was that the flower color was tied directly to hair color. I simply did not like the choices it made for me with the hair color I wanted.

Expanding on that a bit, while I wasn't exactly expecting it, I'm still disappointed in how the clothes are handled in the Sims overall. I want to layer them. I want to pick a shirt, then my own jacket over that, and then maybe a tie, etc. I constantly run into finding a piece of clothing I like part of, but wish I could mix with another piece of clothing. Expansions and stuff packs can help this by sheer number of choices, but it still only goes so far, and each of those new choices can create their own great idea paired in a different way than I want. I know it's not even close to an easy thing to implement, but I really think it should be the ultimate goal. Start working on it now for the Sims 5 maybe? ;P

The other thing that really got to me, but I don't quite know the right words for, is the Sims design overall. For all of the sliders, I can never seem to get a Sim who doesn't just look like most of the other Sims. Looking at the Gallery, it seems most players have this problem. I can understand you not being able to go too far and just make something that just doesn't fit in at all (although there's nothing wrong with that being a choice), but I was trying to get a Sim to look like a character of mine, and it just never worked. They just look like everyone else.

One thing that certainly doesn't help that is easier to explain is that there is no height slider (although maybe I just missed it?). That makes a huge difference all on its own.

The gender customization seemed neat, but was limited not just by choice, but by technicality. Putting "feminine" clothes on a "male" Sim seemed to give them breasts and that really limits the choice.

Character really matters to me. While I didn't end up hating the Sim I made, it just felt like a huge compromise. It didn't ruin the game for me, but since I was already feeling like my break from Sims 3 vanished, it didn't inspire me to keep going.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    @Jokubas sveikas
    NNpYlHF.jpg