Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Game Failed to Load" Error Code: 102:28097716126180323314:45683325726532834848"

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    edited December 2017
    I just went to recover saved game like @rosemow said, but I still encountered the error code when I tried to load my sim household. However, when I tried to load a different household on the same save file, it worked! I decided to move my sim household to another house temporarily to see if I can still play with them, and this was a success also. I moved them back to their original house with no issues and started playing them as I normally do. I really do not know if the issues are fixed, but the game has me feeling so paranoid now that I am going through all of my saved files to see if they are still playable.

Hello
    It is good that you were able to load your sims household after moving them to another home and then back to the original home. It is helpful for other simmers to try doing this also when the issues occurs.
  • Sweetpooh1993Sweetpooh1993 Posts: 112 Member
    I just looked through all of my saved files, and I was able to load them with no trouble at all! I think the Sims are causing more stress than they are supposed to
    [img][/img]LD5LMSt.jpg
  • Sweetpooh1993Sweetpooh1993 Posts: 112 Member
    Oh by the way, does anyone know how I can prevent the error code 102 from happening? I would really appreciate any feedback on this.
    [img][/img]LD5LMSt.jpg
    Oh by the way, does anyone know how I can prevent the error code 102 from happening? I would really appreciate any feedback on this.

Hello
    Sometimes there isn’t anything that can be done to prevent it occurring. It can have a variety of causes, and sometimes it is a bit unclear why it occurs. When a number of simmers have this error occurring at the same time, a cause can then be narrowed down.
  • CaraferriCaraferri Posts: 2 New Member
    Once again I am having troubles with error code 102 again, I am so sick of this. I am still getting error codes 102 and 122 I have downloaded the recent patches and they broke somehow? The game was working just fine like a week ago and all of sudden its just broken again. Also loading or recovering a saved game from a previous point does not help either.
    Caraferri wrote: »
    Once again I am having troubles with error code 102 again, I am so sick of this. I am still getting error codes 102 and 122 I have downloaded the recent patches and they broke somehow? The game was working just fine like a week ago and all of sudden its just broken again. Also loading or recovering a saved game from a previous point does not help either.

Hello @Caraferri
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    If you are getting these error messages when trying to load a household, try going to Manage Households, and moving your sims household to another home. Then test to see if you can load therm there. If you can do that, then try moving them back to the original home and see if the issue remains.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've actually had this issue happen in two different occurrences (I resolved them myself somehow) but ironically involving the same Sims it seems. One instance was when I was trying to move out three sims from one household to another through asking to move in. I had one sim be asked by this ghost household that had Captain Whitaker in it to move in with them, then used that Sim to ask his husband to move in too, but I also tried to bring a ghost in that previous household along as well, which gave me the error. Whether or not it involved that said ghost was invited into that household. I still could re-enter the household but all clubs in the game reset. I recovered an earlier save and tried again with just moving the couple and not the ghost but I still got an error, so then I tried once more to just move the one again and worked fine again.

A second instance was when only a couple days after that, I tried to move this household in Willow Creek (who just so happens to be the nephew of the previous couple above) out so I can replace the residential lot he lived on, but got the error and this time I couldn't do anything. Interestingly enough I moved the nephew into the previous couple's new house, merging households, which the game didn't like at all. I tried recovering and troubleshooting several times and then simply decided to evict him from that house, and I could replace the lot freely without breaking anything. Interestingly enough when he was evicted he magically had 62,400 simoleons in his funds even though he only had the base 20k when in that house, so it was probably something wrong with the household itself. To prevent further errors with that household I had to kill him off ingame.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • VaperKittenVaperKitten Posts: 1 New Member
    I just wanted to chime in, yesterday after the patch I could not load any of my saved games or could I start a new one I kept getting an error code so I took all my MODS out kept in my CC just took out the Mods from Mod the Sims and then the game started working. In case anyone is having that problem, that is what worked for me...Great luck and Love to all...Kitten
  • powers6180powers6180 Posts: 15 New Member
    Hey Everyone! I had the same issue...BUT I FIXED IT! Luckily I found out what the problem was. The main issue is most likely that you have something in your mods folder that is messing with the gameplay. It's a long process, but to fix the issue, all you have to do is drag new mods or cc that you have downloaded before the message disrupted your gameplay. Happy Simming! - @powers6180
  • LukedeproLukedepro Posts: 1 New Member
    The samething has been happening to me for a month now and I took out my CC folder and it works I just dont know what did it
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @VaperKitten @powers6180 @Lukedepro Many mods have been updated for the pre-Seasons patch now, so you can get new copies. Some are still broken. Some others have been confirmed as fine without updating. See http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch/latest
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • powers6180powers6180 Posts: 15 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > @VaperKitten @powers6180 @Lukedepro Many mods have been updated for the pre-Seasons patch now, so you can get new copies. Some are still broken. Some others have been confirmed as fine without updating.

Hey! If people who have made the mods have been keeping up with the mods, then they should have posted an updated version for the updated sims. If they have not, then I do not believe there is a way to obtain an updated version. Perhaps you could try looking else where for the updated version of the mod. (this is a long shot, but maybe email or leave a comment on the creaters mod. They most likely have posted an updated verison or are working on it now!) Hope I helped! Happy Simming! -@powers6180
  • ellebeeboellebeebo Posts: 4 New Member
    Please help! I get error code 125:6ee24dd1:1ba6f799 whenever I want to play. The map, cas and main menu work just fine, but I can't even play anything! I've removed the mods I had just downloaded right before the error started but that doesn't work. My game has updated and I also repaired it, but no luck. I also reset the game by deleting the folders. I just want to play, somebody help!
    ellebeebo wrote: »
    Please help! I get error code 125:6ee24dd1:1ba6f799 whenever I want to play. The map, cas and main menu work just fine, but I can't even play anything! I've removed the mods I had just downloaded right before the error started but that doesn't work. My game has updated and I also repaired it, but no luck. I also reset the game by deleting the folders. I just want to play, somebody help!

Hello @ellebeebo
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.. Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder.
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    @rosemow Thank you! I will try to see if it works :)
    @rosemow THANK YOU!! It worked! Now I just need to add my mods folder back in, I have over 800 items there, so will it be alright to add them in in batches of 100? Thank you once again, I appreciate it! :D
    @rosemow THANK YOU!! It worked! Now I just need to add my mods folder back in, I have over 800 items there, so will it be alright to add them in in batches of 100? Thank you once again, I appreciate it! :D

You’re welcome .
    Because you have a lot of mods/cc, you could use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
  • ButterishButterish Posts: 255 Member
    What if all of my mods are up-to-date and I'm still getting error 102 (102:ff495b5:b3c27d2)? Does reshade also count?
    Butterish wrote: »
    What if all of my mods are up-to-date and I'm still getting error 102 (102:ff495b5:b3c27d2)? Does reshade also count?

Hello
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.
    I did the method but once I put my mods in, whenever I want to play my household I just get the loading screen forever! I even used the CC cleaner and I made sure it was all good but it is still happening, help!
    I did the method but once I put my mods in, whenever I want to play my household I just get the loading screen forever! I even used the CC cleaner and I made sure it was all good but it is still happening, help!

Hello @ellebeebo
    There has been many mods/cc broken by the pre season patch
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest
    Try seeing if your mods /cc are on that list.

Also try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. . Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

• Dino_GaminzDino_Gaminz Posts: 8 New Member
    waw looks like I'm late for the party, it looks like they fixed the patch but when seasons came back so did this glitch I have restarted it many times, but nothing. I am willing to restart and put the families back from the household, but that'd be my last option so if there are anyways I could fix this without restarting my whole game please let me know.
  • Candyland859Candyland859 Posts: 1 New Member
    This actually works as I use it myself,
    All you need to do is click the house of which your family is in then select the three dots. Click manage household and then go in to CAS. In CAS save your household to your gallery. You then need to go back to the map and evict your family. Then select the option to 'Create a family to move in'. Then open your gallery in CAS and select the family that you just saved.
    You may need to move them into a different house first dependant on the price of the home.
    I hope this is easy enough to understand (also I'm 12 so sorry for spelling mistakes)
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    waw looks like I'm late for the party, it looks like they fixed the patch but when seasons came back so did this glitch I have restarted it many times, but nothing. I am willing to restart and put the families back from the household, but that'd be my last option so if there are anyways I could fix this without restarting my whole game please let me know.

Did you try to recover it using the "recover save" function? I had one save where this kept happening and I recovered it, but eventually I just started a fresh save because it would happen somewhere else down the line. I typically think once you get these errors it's likely to keep happening because of some sort of save corruption. Sorry :/ I'd advise to just use a fresh save, but if you'd like to try first then I'd suggest trying to recover an older version of the save.