Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Game Failed to Load" Error Code: 102:28097716126180323314:45683325726532834848"

Comments

• Options
    Robert407Robert407 Posts: 12 New Member
    This some 🐸🐸🐸🐸 I just got a new laptop gameing laptop for the game so I no it's not my laptops problem it's EA's problem and if they don't fix it I'm want my money back
  • Options
    mooxcow10mooxcow10 Posts: 13 New Member
    I am having the exact same problem. It makes me very mad as well. I have been looking forward to this game since it was announced. I couldn't afford it so my BF was nice enough to get it for me, and now I can't even play it. First it was one problem (That I fixed with not help from EA), and now this. I want to actually be able to play the game. I want to experience TS4.
  • Options
    Robert407Robert407 Posts: 12 New Member
    [quote="mooxcow10;12649330"]I am having the exact same problem. It makes me very mad as well. I have been looking forward to this game since it was announced. I couldn't afford it so my BF was nice enough to get it for me, and now I can't even play it. First it was one problem (That I fixed with not help from EA), and now this. I want to actually be able to play the game. I want to experience TS4.[/quote]

Me to I been makeing sims sice 3 days now but can't play :( I'm so mad I had to buy a new laptop to play but now I can't
  • Options
    ZenerosZeneros Posts: 36 Member
    Its weird I get this error on my laptop but on my desktop Sims runs fine!
  • Options
    Yanacorn_rainbowYanacorn_rainbow Posts: 1 New Member
    same error, wont let me go into build mode. :'(
  • Options
    bluskys789123bluskys789123 Posts: 147 Member
    I can enter live mode and play that way, but I cannot go to a public lot and just enter build mode. I get the following error message after the loading screen and it kicks back to the Willow Creek map no matter which world I am in: "The game failed to load. Error Code:122;17323105654587864710:8762725905795483730. It is recommended that you relaunch the game."
  • Options
    bluskys789123bluskys789123 Posts: 147 Member
    PS - I also tried entering an non-occupied home lot in build mode. Same problem as above.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I found this in the EA Bugs area:
    I had this (could not build/buy in manage world screen) and did testing to find out the cause. I worked with TwistedMexican and we both were able to duplicate and remove the problem. What was causing this to happen to both of us was the Sim having the Beloved trait acquired through completing the Friend of the World aspiration. The only way we could solve it was by cheating to remove the beloved trait. traits.remove_trait Legendary The code for the beloved trait is Legendary. So there is an issue with this trait that would need to be patched.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Save-Error-102-122/td-p/3493605/page/2
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    kaaayyxkaaayyx Posts: 8 New Member
    I tried removing the trait, it didnt work for me
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Shoot. Must have multiple causes :(
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    btw are you guys playing TS4 on a laptop? because maybe its an error associated with laptops? idk :'(
  • Options
    mooxcow10mooxcow10 Posts: 13 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > I found this in the EA Bugs area:
    > I had this (could not build/buy in manage world screen) and did testing to find out the cause. I worked with TwistedMexican and we both were able to duplicate and remove the problem. What was causing this to happen to both of us was the Sim having the Beloved trait acquired through completing the Friend of the World aspiration. The only way we could solve it was by cheating to remove the beloved trait. traits.remove_trait Legendary The code for the beloved trait is Legendary. So there is an issue with this trait that would need to be patched.

This has to do with the error 122 not 102. So far the Beloved trait has nothing to do with 102 that I know of. None of my sims have that trait anyways.
  • Options
    laceuplaceup Posts: 21 New Member
    I had this same problem when I first bought the game. I ended up having to create a new windows log in name. Switched to that account and the game worked
  • Options
    I just finished talking to an EA advisor we tried everything but nothing helped, however he said that the investigating team is working on the problem and that it will be fixed in the next patch!.. so fingers crossed! :P
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    kaaayyx wrote: »
    I just finished talking to an EA advisor we tried everything but nothing helped, however he said that the investigating team is working on the problem and that it will be fixed in the next patch!.. so fingers crossed! :P

fingers crossed they get back to you soon.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    ReubenHood wrote: »
    Before deleting a Sim who is currently in a relationship (i.e. they are present in the relationship panel) with any active Sims try using the Destroy Relationship cheat found here.

I had this same issue and started a thread for it in the Answer HQ forum that was set up with Crinrict here.

Edit: This error has been traced back to the Beloved Trait. Removing this Trait will also resolve this issue.

good stuff, thanks for this.
  • Options
    psyonicpsyonic Posts: 8 New Member
    Nuh uh.
    The beloved trait and the deleting sim that has a relationship with another has apparently been linked to error 122.
    Error 102 has nothing to do with that, and is as of now a mystery.
    Dang you ea.
  • Options
    I have sims installed in 4 computers. One Desktop pc with a good Graphics card, a gaming laptop with a good graphics card, and two laptops with half decent graphics cards. The last two will not run the sims and always crashes when going into a lot. I suspect it has to do with either integrated graphics cards that laptops have. So far my two Nvidia laptops always get error 102. But my desktop with an ATI card runs well.
  • Options
    🐸🐸🐸🐸, I only have the option of playing on my laptop as my desktop pc broke like a year ago.. i wonder if TS4 will ever work now.. :(
  • Options
    KaprikornbabeKaprikornbabe Posts: 12 New Member
    Just thought I'd add I'm also having the 102 error issue! Hoping that the more people who post about having this problem, the quicker it will be sorted out by Maxis/EA! Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    sweetsi0sweetsi0 Posts: 7 New Member
    I just bought the game and am getting the same error. I reinstalled but it didn't help. I love building and making sims, but I would like a chance to play considering what I spent.
  • Options
    KevinO6KevinO6 Posts: 10 New Member
    Use this fix and your game will work
    youtube/watch?v=bfSoeZjFF_k
  • Options
    Keep posting here hopefully they pay attention and solve this big problem. I have not played sims 4 since the update and that was 9/9. Its 9/13 five days later and I'm ready to ask for some compensation.
  • Options
    psyonicpsyonic Posts: 8 New Member
    @sweetsi0
    If I were you, I'd ask for a warranty refund while you still can. You could always purchase again if and when they get their act together and fix it.
  • Options
    MandyTraversMandyTravers Posts: 1 New Member
    I was playing just fine a few days ago and went to load another household and then this error came up. Its been days and still not working. I just uninstalled and re-installing the game in hopes this might help. So frustrating. I would just like to play!!!!!