Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Game Failed to Load" Error Code: 102:28097716126180323314:45683325726532834848"

MrSoul127MrSoul127 Posts: 2 New Member
edited September 2014 in PC - Technical Discussions
Tells me to relaunch the game, tried that to no avail. Tried re-boot, re install, repair game option, and updating drivers, the usual new game launch ritual.

Odd thing is I can enter the build mode, but simply cannot load a game to play any households. If anyone has seen this as well advice obviously appreciated. I've sent an email to EA about the issue/error code as well, so will keep this thread updated as they keep me informed.

Thanks in advance any potential help

Comments

• Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I am getting the error as well, I'm calling it error 102 (remaining numbers are different than yours) - same thing is happening to me after I managed family to delete a child that recognized her parent as a sibling.

Now I am getting the error
    OJGRGDT.gif
    Tried everything I could possibly think of, but ended up having to start a new game. Luckily I was able to save my household through manage worlds.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • KitePolarisKitePolaris Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Devynsims00 said:
    > I am getting the error as well, I'm calling it error 102 (remaining numbers are different than yours) - same thing is happening to me after I managed family to delete a child that recognized her parent as a sibling.
    >
    > Now I am getting the error

Getting the same exact thing. Exact same situation.
    @kitepolaris I ended up saving my family to my library/gallery and had to re-start. Am so sorry this happened!
    OJGRGDT.gif
    I also make use of 2 saved games now. Just in case the main save becomes a 102 issue, I have the other to fall back on.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • KitePolarisKitePolaris Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2014
    @Devynsims00 Yeah I managed to save the family! Just feels like such a pain. D:
  • DrevorHDrevorH Posts: 3 New Member
    this error happened to me too but theres no sence, making a new game isnt the solution it will happen sometime again
  • Robert407Robert407 Posts: 12 New Member
    It telling me the same thing 102 ever sincs I updated it now I can't play
  • SelenaleeSelenalee Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm having the same issue. It started when the new patch updated, I've done everything to try and fix it and it still won't let me play any households. I have no idea what to do.
    So how do we fix this or how long tell a new update to fix it? Cuz I tryed to delete the game an reinstall it an I got notting :(
  • suzzupickelsuzzupickel Posts: 18 Member
    I talked to ea last night but was in the middle of trying to re-install the game. I told them that several people where having the issue they thought it was a corrupted save and told me to pull the the sims 4 folder in my documents to the desk top. It didn't work. Reopened my help ticket and will be calling them when I get home from work. Any way when I was on the phone with ea he did say that the issue was sent up to the "second" tear so that made me think that it might be bigger issue. Wish there was a way to undue that patch!
  • ReubenHoodReubenHood Posts: 55 Member
    edited September 2014
    Before deleting a Sim who is currently in a relationship (i.e. they are present in the relationship panel) with any active Sims try using the Destroy Relationship cheat found here.

I had this same issue and started a thread for it in the Answer HQ forum that was set up with Crinrict here.

Edit: This error has been traced back to the Beloved Trait. Removing this Trait will also resolve this issue.
    Post edited by ReubenHood on
  • psyonicpsyonic Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi.
    Im having the same error when trying to open any household, be it one of the ones that are pre-made or if I create one myself, even when starting a brand new game.
    Therefore, in my case, it has nothing to do with the beloved trait.
    :-(
  • hamster884hamster884 Posts: 38 Member
    I have the same problem! I have tried everything too, and nothing has worked!
  • hamster884hamster884 Posts: 38 Member
    edited September 2014
    Exactly the same!
    So did it fix now?
  • suzzupickelsuzzupickel Posts: 18 Member
    no fix yet but I got to spend about 4 hrs with ea trying a ton of ways to fix it and nothing(but everyone I spoke to was VERY nice)...I was told that it might need to go to the expert studio team and to continue checking for an answer on the help thread they started for it. I would post a link but I am not aloud...lets try this hxxp://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Sims-4-Will-not-go-into-play-mode/m-p/3447681#U3447681
    [quote="suzzupickel;12644634"]no fix yet but I got to spend about 4 hrs with ea trying a ton of ways to fix it and nothing(but everyone I spoke to was VERY nice)...I was told that it might need to go to the expert studio team and to continue checking for an answer on the help thread they started for it. I would post a link but I am not aloud...lets try this hxxp://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Sims-4-Will-not-go-into-play-mode/m-p/3447681#U3447681[/quote]

OK
    I think it was the update that did this what you think?

Guess I'm make a lot of sims tell they fix it
  • LadyBug485LadyBug485 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am also having the exact same problem, and I have done everything I could. This did start happening to me after the new update.

Hopefully we are able to get this problem solved soon.
    I just wanna play
  • SimSim Posts: 5 New Member
    I have the same problem since updating the game. :(
    [quote="Sim;12645267"]I have the same problem since updating the game. :([/quote]

Yea an EA don't wanna fix it for us now I'm getting really mad whit the game
  • psyonicpsyonic Posts: 8 New Member
    I am also getting mad, not only 'cuz I paid for a game thats unplayable, but also because EA is either unwilling to give us a solution or more likely they have no idea how to fix it, and instead throw random advice like update video drivers or run the game in windowed mode (neither of which has anything to do with the problem they created in the first place with their patch).
    The straw that broke the camel's back was when they asked for a screenshot of the error message, like if they didn't believe it happened in the first place.
    If I was still under a refund period, I'd demand one in an instant.
  • bluskys789123bluskys789123 Posts: 147 Member
    I am having the same issue after trying to enter the Oasis Springs park lot in build mode.