Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Marriage - FIX IT

BWpunisherBWpunisher Posts: 169 Member
So the more and more I play this game, the more and more it seems like so much was overlooked and it's obvious this was rushed. I am having fun but these little things need to be fixed.

I just had a sim host a wedding party and get married to the sim he was engaged to. Guess what? After the wedding party finished, SHE LEFT along with the guests. She did not join my household, she did not even change her last name to my sims. In the relationships panel, it shows her as my spouse....yet the last name didn't change, she doesn't even live with my sim nor did the game ask me if I wanted her to. She just left.

Really?

EDIT: How do you change a sims last name? That way I can do it myself since the dev team dropped the ball on this one. I am not sure you can even do that.

Comments

• missshey01missshey01 Posts: 31 Member
    i have not got the game yet but put this in the bug thread
  • ArielPreizArielPreiz Posts: 473 Member
    Maybe they need to be living together ?? I don't know
    Origin ID: EsmeGraham
  • Saskia507Saskia507 Posts: 649 Member
    Dude chill. With this kind of game its going to have bugs and bugs like this they will fix. Gotta have some patience it was just released 2 hours ago :)
  • zombieghostgirlzombieghostgirl Posts: 419 Member
    That sounds hilarious, bad, and interesting all at once. I'd like the option to get married to a Sim whom doesn't live with me just fine, but you should also get a popup asking if you'd like to move the Sim in. Sorry that happened to you. Go find her! ;p Hope you can easily add her to the household when you do.
    I study psychology. I am often observing social interaction and human behavioral patterns which means you are all my lab rats each time you post.
  • Mouse1996Mouse1996 Posts: 269 Member
    Yeah maybe she has to be asked to move in first, but that is ridiculous. I'd say give it some. Bugs are popping out all over the place. I hope you can get her back with her love.
    ed_zpsyclgaymk.gif
  • BWpunisherBWpunisher Posts: 169 Member
    Yeah, I asked her to move in afterwards.

I hadn't imagined that she would just leave after getting married. Imagined it would be like every other Sim game where it asks you who to move in from that household and automatically does the name change. But not thus far in TS4 LOL.
  • baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    > @BWpunisher said:
    > Saskia507 wrote: »
    >
    > Dude chill. With this kind of game its going to have bugs and bugs like this they will fix. Gotta have some patience it was just released 2 hours ago
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am chilled.
    >
    > And I have patience but it's just mind boggling that something like this slipped through the cracks when they were testing the game.

they where rushed to release the game on time we end up being the testers.
  • Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member
    Wow... seriously? That is a huge bug to miss...
  • AgathaUdimoAgathaUdimo Posts: 208 Member
    I'd put this in the bug thread if you haven't already =D
    I am not so silently judging you.
    ASD - I think differently to you.
  • BWpunisherBWpunisher Posts: 169 Member
    I did after making this thread.

Hopefully they fix this soon. It seems to happen in every case. I had a household I created in CAS prior to the game releasing, planned to get them married in-game but they were already living together. Same thing. The last name does not change.
    edited September 2014
    I'd put this in the bug thread if you haven't already =D

This post is important on this thread. It warns potential buyers what they are getting into. Thank god I decided to hold off on pre-ordering. Makes me wonder whether gurus were brainwashed into thinking this game was the best thing in the world, or they were held at gunpoint to act that way...
    BWpunisher wrote: »
    I did after making this thread.

Hopefully they fix this soon. It seems to happen in every case. I had a household I created in CAS prior to the game releasing, planned to get them married in-game but they were already living together. Same thing. The last name does not change.

Yes hopefully... then again... EA...
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    So the more and more I play this game, the more and more it seems like so much was overlooked and it's obvious this was rushed. I am having fun but these little things need to be fixed.

I just had a sim host a wedding party and get married to the sim he was engaged to. Guess what? After the wedding party finished, SHE LEFT along with the guests. She did not join my household, she did not even change her last name to my sims. In the relationships panel, it shows her as my spouse....yet the last name didn't change, she doesn't even live with my sim nor did the game ask me if I wanted her to. She just left.

Really?

EDIT: How do you change a sims last name? That way I can do it myself since the dev team dropped the ball on this one. I am not sure you can even do that.

Maybe you need to look into the cheats for that
    It is a bug for sure
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited September 2014
    Or wait!! There was no talk about a sim will move in and change name after marriage!!
    Maybe this is not a bug, maybe this is how the game was designed, the feature is not there!

We have not seen marriage in LPs! All dudes going to the gym or sims partying!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • YuraraYurara Posts: 195 Member

Really?

Is that mean divorce on the way ? since the wife left with the guests :P
    433970o8lcd5hrbz.gif194904olsgis3xqe.gif433965qzur0la2nd.gif550470opln9i59wi.gif513122fxkl98buqt.gif

• Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    [img]http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/meme/3BXXE/kenan-thompson-fix-it/image.png[/img]
    rifJadC.png
  • Andrew060Andrew060 Posts: 281 Member
    Saskia507 wrote: »
    Dude chill. With this kind of game its going to have bugs and bugs like this they will fix. Gotta have some patience it was just released 2 hours ago :)

I strongly disagree with this statement - When you are paying for something you expect to get a product that does what it says on the tin. It is not acceptable for the consumer to have to put up with bugs and glitches and it is certainly not acceptable to tell people to 'chill' when they are unhappy with what they've paid for. It's a basic consumer right to complain if the product is not up to the standard you've been spoon-fed to believe it will be.
    Andrew - UK Fan and player of the Sims since the year 2000
  • LaughingGirls139LaughingGirls139 Posts: 31 New Member
    It may just be an NPC, because in the sims 3, my sim tried to marry the proprietor from showtime, and it did the same thing as this. Check if he/she has a home lot, and go visit.
  • SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    If this is how the game is supposed to be then I think that's a major issue, so hopefully it's just a bug. I know it's the modern day and all, and so many people (at least where I am) are kicking up a fuss about how spouses shouldn't have to take each other's names any more, but I still think it's an important thing to do and I want my simmies to have the same surname!
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    every game I have ever played had glitches when first ran. nothing unusual.
  • simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    Nope. My sims have been married a while and still have two separate last names, lol. Each time I have a child I can only change their last name which automatically chooses the mother's even though they both come from CAS. I didn't even know how to change the relationship status in CAS. I'd like to be a bit more traditional but it seems its another bug.
  • CutiePie550CutiePie550 Posts: 406 Member
    edited September 2014
    @BWpunisher I found this in one of the videos of sims getting married.
    Capture2_zps27f7c366.png
    "You can have your married Sims move in together by using the Split and Merge button in the Household Management section of Edit Neighborhood."
    Check out my Cartoon Character CAS Creations (C.C.C.C.!) Thread --> http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/772908/cartoon-character-cas-creations-c-c-c-c/p1
    image_zps2aefd295.png
    I play The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, and The Sims 4 all on PC!!!
    I also play MySims and MySims Party on Wii!