Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fantasy Modeling - CANCELED

BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
edited January 2015 in The Sims 3 Sims and Modeling
2wcl100.jpg

I know it's getting to that time of year where a lot of people are busy, myself included. But I hope to keep some involved simmers going with a fun, sexy, and laid back modeling competition.

I'm a huge fan of fantasy art. I really am in awe of the way people can draw and manipulate photos, graphic design, and hand-drawn images. I have no ability to do this, but I really love pushing those creative beings out there to their fullest potential.

This competition is centered around fantasy in both senses of the word. You will be asked to create images where your model will play a part in the fantasy world: elves, witches, sorceresses, queens, pirates, etc. That's one aspect of the word "fantasy". The other aspect that will be incorporated is the sexy side of fantasy. Your model must not only play the part of a fantastical being, but also pull it off in a sexy manner.

I don't mean raunchy. All parts will be covered in this competition.

Assignment deadlines will be a bit longer than normal to give those who are busier a chance to create something truly epic and beautiful. 10 days will be given instead of 7 and extensions will be granted as necessary.

To give the judges a break, scoring will be done a little more lik On Location than the typical scoring rubric. More about scoring will be explained in the scoring section below.

zv37y9.jpg
No negativity of any kind - including belittling yourself.
Don't copy another's work, please.
Editing is HIGHLY recommended.
2 Day extensions MAX will be granted if asked at least 24 hours before the deadline.
Only the person who requested the extension will receive it.
Only 2 extensions per person per cycle.
Creativity is key to success.
If you have questions about judging, ask, don't complain.
Deadlines are in PST format, so if you're in another timezone please adjust accordingly.
Please don't drop once you sign up!
Have fun!

2s8gxnn.jpg

Needs to Check In

Checked In
nwh38.jpg2dkmj60.jpg

Assignment Submitted
11sj98l.jpg2cy5yyv.jpg

Extension Granted
Kosmo ||
Chan |
Maggie |

6on815.jpg
2uhshtt.jpg2ia91z8.jpg

Assignment Archive
Mock | Results
Assignment 1 | Results
Assignment 2 | Results
Assignment 3 | Results
Assignment 4 | Results
Assignment 5 | Results
Assignment 6 | Results
Assignment 7 | Results
Assignment 8 | Results
Assignment 9 | Results
Finale | Results

Thread @ Unbound
6rj4Q13.png
Post edited by BeechNutBaby on

Comments

• BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
    edited December 2014
    domclz.jpg

I'M GIVING YOU THE NEXT TWO ASSIGNMENTS TO WORK ON SINCE WE'RE GETTING CLOSE TO CHRISTMAS. PLEASE SEE THE EXTENDED DEADLINE BELOW TO SUBMIT BOTH ASSIGNMENTS BY!

ASSIGNMENT 7: PIRATE QUEEN

Get those swashbuckling skills ready and prepare to walk the plank!!

Yep, time to be a sexy, sultry, cunning, tough, and beautiful PIRATE QUEEN! Set your model aboard a pirate ship and prepare to set sail!

Good luck!

REQUIREMENTS
    ONE Image
    Fantasy Image
    Pirate Queen
    Pirate Ship-like Setting
    FULL Bodyshot

EXAMPLE:
    img-as10.jpg
    ASSIGNMENT 7 IS NON-ELIMINATION

-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-

ASSIGNMENT 8: FIRE WITCH

For your first real elimination round, create a fierce and dangerous fire witch. Your model should appear as if she can control fire and she should also be consumed by fire. Give us a dangerous witch with a serious anger issue and set her in a setting that is fitting for a fire queen.

Good luck!

REQUIREMENTS
    ONE Image
    Fantasy Image
    Fire Witch
    Fire Seting
    FULL Bodyshot

EXAMPLE:
    tumblr10.jpg
    DEADLINE: DECEMBER 31ST @ 9PM PST
    ASSIGNMENT 8 IS OUR FIRST ELIMINATION ROUND

2howf41.jpg
    Scoring for this competition will be done differently than most of my competitions. This is to give the judges a break and making judging go quickly and smoothly.

Instead of a typical scoring rubric, we will be giving primarily comments. Then we will give you an overall appearance score and a creativity score.

You can earn bonus points by receiving Host's Choice. Host's Choice will revolve around creativity and detail. It may not be the highest scored image of the round.

Scoring Breakdown

Comments will be first. They will touch on all aspects of an image including creativity, appearance, quality, detail to model and setting, and how well it relates to the assignment.

Overall Score: /25
    Creativity: /5
    Total: /30

Host's Choice could earn you 2 bonus points.

10gjp5h.jpg
    *Judges please click on image to judge the full size. The forums resizing tends to degrade quality.

Judging for these rounds will be done differently. Bjorn and I will judge each image separately and your combined score from BOTH assignments will determine whether or not you are eliminated from the competition.

You may submit any image in any order, but both must be in by the 23rd. NO EXTENSIONS THIS ROUND

Spackichan & Bianca Belrose

PIRATE QUEEN

FIRE WITCH
    tumblr_nglc5d83Mt1t4ei86o1_1280.png

Maggie & Ivy Ellison

PIRATE QUEEN
    15953352440_96a3ca9809_h.jpg

FIRE WITCH
    15525392944_d5f77b674e_o.png

Tacha & Teagan

212crc.jpg

FIRE WITCH
    1zv6get.jpg

Kosmo & Xantha Patel

PIRATE QUEEN

FIRE WITCH
    6rj4Q13.png
    edited December 2014
    y18a0.jpg

FIRST, SOME WORDS FROM BEECH:

Nicely done this round guys! You each did something fun, but I wish you'd have pushed yourselves even further. I know it was a tough round, but you did well!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

HOST'S CHOICE
    Maggie - You've been selected as Host's Choice and are awarded 2 bonus points!
    CONGRATULATIONS!

FIRST PLACE
    Kosmo
    kosmo12.jpg
    59 points

2uhshtt.jpg
    So, I love this for the most part. I adore the glare in her “evil” side’s eye and I think the swirls at her hands were great in showing the sorceress aspect. Your backgrounds are great as well. What I’m not a fan of is how you placed them opposite each other in this manner. I wish they were side by side or connected in a way that didn’t make one of them upside down. Great work though.

Overall Score: 24/25
    Creativity: 5/5
    Total: 29/30

2ia91z8.jpg
    Smashing…fabulous…gorgeous. Xantha is most decidedly a sorceress with loads of good/light and evil/dark…wonderful backdrops too. Don’t change a thing.

Overall Score: 25/25

Creativity: 5/5

Total: 30/30

SECOND PLACE
    Chan
    chan11.jpg
    53 points

2uhshtt.jpg
    Bianca looks amazing. I love the feathers in the ear and I think the shadowy thing is a great touch. However, I have to say that if I hadn’t known what was required of you, I wouldn’t have guessed it. She doesn’t quite look like a sorceress of any kind and the good vs. evil aspect is very subtle.

Overall Score: 22/25
    Creativity: 4/5
    Total: 26/30

2ia91z8.jpg
    A stunning pic of Bianca. Were I not aware of the assignment I might well not pick up on good/light vs. evil/dark because their depictions are so subtle, and for that reason only do I feel some deductions are appropriate.

Overall Score: 24/25
    Creativity: 3/5
    Total: 27/30

THIRD PLACE
    Maggie
    maggie13.jpg
    49+2 = 51 points

2uhshtt.jpg
    I think this is stunning. I think Ivy has the obvious light and dark thing going on with her dress, but I see no other sign of it. While this is beautifully done, and does create a sorceress-like conflict in the background, I wish I’d seen more of it on Ivy.

Overall Score: 23/25
    Total: 27/30

2ia91z8.jpg
    This was one tough assignment for which you’ve created a beautiful pic. I feel it falls short, however, with regard to sorcery (to me Ivy looks more like a model than a sorceress) and conflict (I see no battle distress in her expression or pose).

Overall Score: 20/25
    Creativity: 2/5
    Total: 22/30

FOURTH PLACE
    Tacha
    tacha12.jpg
    50 points

2uhshtt.jpg
    I see the definite split here. I love that skeleton hand creeping into the shot around her hip and I understand what’s going on with the swirl in the center. I’m not a fan of the white vignette and I’m the white glowy part is a bit over-blown. Teagan also isn’t looking at us, which detracts a bit.

Overall Score: 22/25
    Creativity: 3/5
    Total: 25/30

2ia91z8.jpg
    Teagan makes a lovely sorceress. I applaud the good and evil “accessories” you’ve chosen. Technically, however, I don’t think this pic is up to your usual high standards…for example, Teagan’s glowing good side seems a bit too washed out, and I think the two-color border is a drawback.

Overall Score: 21/25
    Total: 25/30

6rj4Q13.png
    Signups are open.
    6rj4Q13.png
  • spackichanspackichan Posts: 1,183 Member
    oooooo! Reserve me!
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • CyazuraiCyazurai Posts: 1,284 Member
    If I was ANY good at editing, I would join this in a heartbeat. If I had the time to learn how to edit better, I would also join in a heartbeat. XD Hah. But I'm not and I don't, so I am going to bookmark and lurk!
    I believe something's can't be explained
    They are hidden in the mist and in the silver rain...
  • poida217poida217 Posts: 2,872 Member
    Ooh... I presume this is the comp you were referring to in dark shadowz, yes? Looks interesting. I may have to give it some consideration.

Even though I'm fairly certain I know the answer, I'll ask anyway. You have no objection if our sim isn't human? poida has never and will never use a normal looking sim in a comp (fun fact, the first comp I ever won was using this sim. For serious)
    24891575472_e27b0a3fc3_o.gif
    @Spackichan: I will reserve you. I just ask that you actually return :P you've signed up for a couple others and never came back! So please do I'd love to see your work!

@Cyan: I think you'd do just fine. Editing isn't required and I've had a lot of contestants who used in-game stuff and did very little editing. It just requires focusing on good lighting, setting, props, and posing :)

@Poida: This wasn't the exact competition I was thinking about, but it will have some darker themes to it as we go through.
    6rj4Q13.png
    @Spackichan: I will reserve you. I just ask that you actually return :P you've signed up for a couple others and never came back! So please do I'd love to see your work!

@Cyan: I think you'd do just fine. Editing isn't required and I've had a lot of contestants who used in-game stuff and did very little editing. It just requires focusing on good lighting, setting, props, and posing :)

@Poida: This wasn't the exact competition I was thinking about, but it will have some darker themes to it as we go through.

Promise I will dear, work tends to be the case when I don't show then I'm embarrassed cause of the drop :( I have my shot already taken for the mock I just need to edit! Sorry again.
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
    edited September 2014
    I'll go back into game and grab the head/bodyshot later on tonight. edit: I just noticed the settings had to portray destruction, would you rather I redid this?
    Username: spackichan (but chan works too!)
    Model Name: bianca belrose
    Clear Headshot:
    2hnugdh.png
    Clear Bodyshot:
    55ou89.png
    Mock:
    dvgcw7.png
    Post edited by spackichan on
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
    I think that your image is just fine Chan :) don't worry about the background unless you want to fix it.
    6rj4Q13.png
    Oh that's okay then! I may aswell leave it, cutting around that hair would be a niiiightmare.
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
    :P
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Mhamilton0911Mhamilton0911 Posts: 2,220 Member
    i'm trying to decide if i want to lurk like crazy, or join.... this would be the only comp i'd be in at the moment, so i'd have full dedication, and i'm feeling better, morning sickness (all day sickness for me) is subsiding, soooooo........ hmmm, maybe. i just keep thinking about it, and coming back to this page and reading it over and over... i'll sleep on it, and perhaps try the mock, if it comes easy to me i'll probably join.
    I'd love to have you Maggie :)
    6rj4Q13.png
    great! i'm actually working on it now!
    Can't wait to see. Do you want me put you down as a reserve?
    6rj4Q13.png
    yeah, sure! i'm editing the mock right now, i'm really liking how its turning out, and i'm trying new things, so i think you'll be pleased!
    edited September 2014
    ooohhh! soon, finished with the mock, taking the head shot and body shot now.... :D
    edited September 2014
    i can't figure this site out, i'm posting at Unbound!
  • poida217poida217 Posts: 2,872 Member
    Lovely picture, Chan :)

I'm still tossing up whether to join or not. If I do, I'll have something up some time over the weekend. And since you never answered my question, I'm going to assume the answer is yes, which means I would use my scabby demon skin (the thought of making a scabrous demon look sexy amuses me)
    24891575472_e27b0a3fc3_o.gif
    I'm not sure of the issue Maggie. I do know that it uses the IMG codes like Unbound does...

@Poida: I'm sorry I missed that part of the question...sigh...yes you are fine doing an unusual sim.
    6rj4Q13.png
    edited September 2014
    @Maggie: HTML seems to have issues every now and then and for whatever reason, I never see HTML images right on my computer. So it's best to get the image URL and use the IMG codes. Here's how your images look:
    [url=https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3856/15109161836_f38110b969_o.png][img]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3856/15109161836_f38110b969_o.png[/img][/url]

6rj4Q13.png
    edited September 2014
    yeah, i even had a problem at unbound posting my pictures.... i did get it, but i'm not sure how! :D The mock is FOR SURE the 650x1000, but i don't know if unbound resized anything, let me know if it did.

EDIT: i see you answered me at unbound! thanks! :D
  • bestfrienemies14bestfrienemies14 Posts: 3,629 Member
    This looks like a lot of fun
  • datscoolestdatscoolest Posts: 1,014 Member
    I just came back from a holiday so I would love to join! reserve me! :D
    I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they're like:

"what are you doing here?"

and I'm like:

"oh, you know, hunting elephants"