Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will this computer be ok for the Sims 3 and Sims 4?

It is a cheap computer because I will only be using it for the sims 3 and sims 4 and basic internet use so I do not need anything special.

HP Pavilion 500-300z Desktop PC

Windows 8.1 64
AMD A6-7400K processor dual-core [3.5GHz; 1MB L2 Cache]
1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 705 [DVI, HDMI, DVI to VGA Dongle]
6GB DDR3-1600 MHz [2 DIMM ]
1TB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive

Will it run ok?

Comments

• CayziCayzi Posts: 402 Member
    Yep. Seems fine! The Sims 3 just has a lot of lag and problems for even people with super computers. The sims 4 will run much much better It seems. Here's the system req's for the sims 4.
    LE45tmE.png
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I have a HP Pavillion laptop and sims 3 runs fine for me. I hear that desktops are much better for gaming than laptop, so yeah you should be able to play it
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Everything seems fine on that computer if you could get Windows 8 traded for Windows 7Pro.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Garnet_AlexandriaGarnet_Alexandria Posts: 1,201 Member
    I'd stay away from that graphics card. It's terrible. It's essentially a GeForce GT 520/GeForce GT 610 (they're the same chip) with half of it's cores disabled. What that basically means is it's a copy of the lowest end chip from the last generation, which was recycled from the previous generation (meaning the lowest end offering three generations), and now it's cut down even more. Recent Intel onboard stuff (which is infamous for being advised against) is probably better than that. I'm kind of surprised that graphics card is even there since I believe that AMD CPU has it's own, though I'm not sure how well it is (usually they're a little bit better than Intel's integrated stuff, but I'd be surprised if it's worse than that nVidia graphics card so I'm not sure why it's even in that system).

The rest of the PC is mostly okay. The RAM and hard drive is fine. The AMD processor is a bit iffy, since it's a dual core, but it should suffice I guess. That graphics card is an issue though. If you are sourcing that from HP, and can configure it with a different graphics card, do so. Alternatively, if you wish, you can list a budget and where you prefer to buy from and people can give recommendations.
  • Nugget545Nugget545 Posts: 5 New Member
    So that graphic card wouldn't play the sims 3 and sims 4 that well? The only other option this computer has is AMD Integrated Graphics , so it is that or the Nvidia one. I don't want to spend a ton of money when I am only using the computer for the sims and basic internet use.
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    @Nugget545 That computer should run TS3 fine. I would suggest the one you mentioned about the AMD graphics...all of my computers have always been AMD everything and I have had no problems. The computer I run TS3 on now is HP Pavilion 6GB RAM quad core, 1TB hard drive, with AMD processor (forget the GHZ) and graphics. Most of my graphics are on high settings in the game and I have little to no lag. Everything looks beautiful and high quality.

However, my old laptop was an HP 4GB RAM dual core, 500GB HD (or maybe it was 350, can't remember) with AMD 2.0 processor and AMD graphics. I had all TS3 expansions/stuff packs installed on there and it all still ran and looked fine.

Despite what others say, TS3 can and will run on basic/cheap computers. There is no rhyme or reason to the glitches and laggy-ness of this game. I have read plenty of posts and stories where even people with super computers experienced crashing and lag.

Luckily, all three of my computers that I have played TS3 on, all ran the game fine with little to issues. I guess I just lucked out with this game.

Good luck.
  • Nugget545Nugget545 Posts: 5 New Member
    Thanks for all of the responses. So I think it will work but the Nvidia card I mentioned above costs extra money, so would that be better than the AMD Integrated Graphics ? Thanks for the help, I don't know much about computers!
  • Garnet_AlexandriaGarnet_Alexandria Posts: 1,201 Member
    edited August 2014
    To try and make it as non-techy as possible, that nVidia graphics is so weak that is has no reason to exist other than for PCs without integrated graphics, because even integrated graphics are better. It is probably the weakest card nVidia has released in the past four or so years (meaning the absolute lowest end of two or three years ago was better!). It makes me think the only reason it's included is to lead people to believe it's much better, because they see it has an nVidia dedicated card. If you are having to pay more for it, don't go with it.