Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Babies are a joke

Comments

• xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    spackichan wrote: »
    Darchitect wrote: »
    I don't understand why they are chained to the bassinet. If they are just objects, why can't you carry them around, like a book?

Here's a little something for you to think about...
    When you interact with your new little bundle of joy, the '++'s' do not emanate from junior himself, but from the bassinet. Nurse your baby and the bassinet gets a better relationship with you. Cuddle and coo your precious little, and the bassinet feels all the emotions. If the baby is indeed, separate from the bassinet, not an object itself but only tethered to it, then why would the bassinet be feeling the love and not the baby?

Hey, bassinets need love too.

Really? They have emotions too?
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited August 2014
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    They don't even look different ... so no toddlers and now babies all look the same. Well how boring what the hell am i suppose to do with the baby there is nothing fun about it
    Chimp2678 wrote: »
    I agree genders should not based by colors of blue/pink.

No but they could have different baby clothes

You do realise babies in The Sims 2 had no clothes. Most babies just have nappies/diaper's after being born.
    Also, in The Sims 3 your baby didn't even have a body.

So I can understand the tied to the crib thing, but the baby itself is a MUCH bigger step up from The Sims 3.

Can we please stop comparing the Sims 4 to a freaking over 10 year old game? Your argument of "well the sims 2 didn't have it either!!" doesn't make sense. It has been a DECADE and so we shouldn't settle for what the Sims 2 had or didn't have. You don't see people saying when the new battlefield came out "Well battlefield 2 didn't have that either" no one does that because the next iteration of the game is meant to be an IMPROVEMENT not the same, not worse, but BETTER....that is the point.

If this wasn't so sad it would be funny.

The fact that people are clearly telling EA that they loved TS2, a game that is 10 years old and yet is still adored should be a clear cue to the developers. In 10 years I doubt that anyone will be as attached to TS3 or from the looks of it thus far, TS4.

OH and BTW, the comparisons would stop if ea stopped revamping the same EP's. It's the same game generation after generation with things added or in this case taken away. If you don't like them being compared take it up with the devs.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • spackichanspackichan Posts: 1,183 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    spackichan wrote: »
    I don't understand why they are chained to the bassinet. If they are just objects, why can't you carry them around, like a book?

When you interact with your new little bundle of joy, the '++'s' do not emanate from junior himself, but from the bassinet. Nurse your baby and the bassinet gets a better relationship with you. Cuddle and coo your precious little, and the bassinet feels all the emotions. If the baby is indeed, separate from the bassinet, not an object itself but only tethered to it, then why would the bassinet be feeling the love and not the baby?

Hey, bassinets need love too.

Really? They have emotions too?

Apparently. I see no down-side to this.
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • alwslaughinggirlalwslaughinggirl Posts: 244 Member
    I'm pleased with the babies and toddler changes. I couldn't STAND the toddlers in previous Sims games....and babies are kinda boring as well. I like that they have a few cute interactions for a few days, and they change into children. I would GLADLY sacrifice toddlers to have more personality to the adults.
    I've been playing since TS1. My favorite games are TS2 and TS4.
    Origin ID- manda102784 <3
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    When you name the bay it tells you if it is a boy or girl and you name it girls name, boy name. I don't think you will forget the baby is a boy, and who else is going to be in your game to wonder if it is a boy or a girl, I don't think that other sims care. :D
    When my sim has a baby, I am the only one who will know that. Unless I tell you, then you'll know.
    These post are getting sillier and sillier not being mean, just laughable.

If you are a story teller it does matter to be able to identify each sim and even like that I want my babies to look different cause that is just what I want it is 2014 and we get ugly babies that look like objects are are clearly poorly made so yeah im upset
    21mbz47.jpg
  • MegansleiaMegansleia Posts: 259 Member
    I wonder if you will be able to bathe babies and toddlers in Sims 4. You couldn't in Sims 3, but could in 2. I didn't play the first one so I don't know about that.
  • alwslaughinggirlalwslaughinggirl Posts: 244 Member
    They don't even look different ... so no toddlers and now babies all look the same. Well how boring what the hell am i suppose to do with the baby there is nothing fun about it
    Chimp2678 wrote: »
    I agree genders should not based by colors of blue/pink.

No but they could have different baby clothes

You do realise babies in The Sims 2 had no clothes. Most babies just have nappies/diaper's after being born.
    Also, in The Sims 3 your baby didn't even have a body.

So I can understand the tied to the crib thing, but the baby itself is a MUCH bigger step up from The Sims 3.

Can we please stop comparing the Sims 4 to a freaking over 10 year old game? Your argument of "well the sims 2 didn't have it either!!" doesn't make sense. It has been a DECADE and so we shouldn't settle for what the Sims 2 had or didn't have. You don't see people saying when the new battlefield came out "Well battlefield 2 didn't have that either" no one does that because the next iteration of the game is meant to be an IMPROVEMENT not the same, not worse, but BETTER....that is the point.

Exactly!! People need to look at Sims 4 as its own game and stop comparing it to the past. There are going to be GREAT features that never appeared in previous versions. They simply cannot cram everything from ALL these games into one base game, and frankly, if they never add toddlers, I won't even care.

I've been playing since TS1. My favorite games are TS2 and TS4.
    Origin ID- manda102784 <3
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited August 2014
    Megansleia wrote: »
    I wonder if you will be able to bathe babies and toddlers in Sims 4. You couldn't in Sims 3, but could in 2. I didn't play the first one so I don't know about that.

No to both.

Reasons being, A: Babies are now Crib-Critters who can't be detached from their pod, um, bassinet and B: Toddlers do not exist in TS4 in any way, shape or form--you go from baby straight to an elementary school-age child.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited August 2014

:o what the heck??? are you kidding me????

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Meg1_B2 wrote: »
    kirby356 wrote: »
    Oh and can we take a moment to talk about the ridiculous "pregnancy test"? EA is so lazy, they don't even make a separate kind of animation for it, to differentiate it from the peeing animation. Literally the sim just pees, looking straight ahead, and POOF, she's suddenly pregnant. What's the point of adding it in, if it isn't even a special animation? Were they too lazy to make a little pregnancy test for the sims to look at? They got rid of the iconic baby bell, over THIS? Shameful.

I thought it was stupid how right after WooHoo she just went to pee and it came up in a snap. We could't even wait a day?!

Don't forget, in games past there was that baby music that told you if 'try for baby' worked

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited August 2014
    Seriously. I'm getting worried that babies all have the same outfit... is there absolutely no way to tell boys and girls apart?

Babies were an even bigger joke in the Sims 3, or have you forgotten the "burrito babies" everyone kept complaining about?

Sims 4: Babies with Limbs Petition! SIGN FOR BABIES' RIGHTS [288 signatures] XML
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/675368.page

Image of a Sims 3 baby from someone's blog.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sucmbOmAVzk/SkwUTBpApfI/AAAAAAAACH0/B0xUmgWMDb4/s400/sims000624.jpg
  • reni344reni344 Posts: 362 Member
    As long as I don't have the creepy glitches with the babies like I did in sims 3 I can live with eternally crib bound babies
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    My worry about them is the fact that they're tied to the crib and basically just objects. I didn't really like the blue and pink blankets in TS3 to tell boys and girls apart, I don't find that divide necessary.

For the last time they are not objects lol.
    The crib is separate in Buy Mode, and we had it confirmed months ago that the needs the baby has passes over to the child life stage.

People just assumed because they are tied to the crib, it's like Sims 1. It's not. The Crib is an object in the buy catalogue.

It's pointless buying a bassinet because one appears when the baby is born, i.e, it's impossible for the baby to exist without it. Delete the bassinet, wave goodbye to your newborn.

Except you can't delete an object when a Sim is using it.

In The Sims 3 you don't have to put your baby in a crib. Sure, it's usually a good idea unless you like leaving newborns on the kitchen floor fr three days, but you're not forced to have one. The fact that babies in 4 are undoubtedly tied to their bassinets proves that they're just an object. And don't get me started on having to put them back after every plumming interaction.

They aren't an object.

A Sim can be tied to an object without being an object.

It's already confirmed baby Sims have motives that carry over to when they are a child. An object doesn't have motives/needs.

Let's just say there's not a whole lot you can do with the new babies. Who wants an infant that can't leave the nursery without the bassinet. I want a baby I can carry from room to room. Having to do every action at the bassinet pretty much says to me that the baby is little more than an object. You have to breast feed standing up at the bassinet, which is stupid. You have to change it in the bassinet which is stupid. It's just ridiculous that the babies are tied to the bassinet. I don't care how many actions they may have. It's stupid. :\

6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • sddormesddorme Posts: 269 Member
    My worry about them is the fact that they're tied to the crib and basically just objects. I didn't really like the blue and pink blankets in TS3 to tell boys and girls apart, I don't find that divide necessary.

The crib is separate in Buy Mode, and we had it confirmed months ago that the needs the baby has passes over to the child life stage.

People just assumed because they are tied to the crib, it's like Sims 1. It's not. The Crib is an object in the buy catalogue.

It's pointless buying a bassinet because one appears when the baby is born, i.e, it's impossible for the baby to exist without it. Delete the bassinet, wave goodbye to your newborn.

In The Sims 3 you don't have to put your baby in a crib. Sure, it's usually a good idea unless you like leaving newborns on the kitchen floor fr three days, but you're not forced to have one. The fact that babies in 4 are undoubtedly tied to their bassinets proves that they're just an object. And don't get me started on having to put them back after every plumming interaction.

They aren't an object.

It's already confirmed baby Sims have motives that carry over to when they are a child. An object doesn't have motives/needs.

Let's just say there's not a whole lot you can do with the new babies. Who wants an infant that can't leave the nursery without the bassinet. I want a baby I can carry from room to room. Having to do every action at the bassinet pretty much says to me that the baby is little more than an object. You have to breast feed standing up at the bassinet, which is stupid. You have to change it in the bassinet which is stupid. It's just ridiculous that the babies are tied to the bassinet. I don't care how many actions they may have. It's stupid. :\
    But honestly, what could they have even been able to do? They're infants, the only entertainment they provide is that they must be taken care of. I feel like this saved us from those really annoying times when the parent would just put the baby on the floor instead of in the crib.
    _sidebar7.gif
  • RyckRyck Posts: 214 Member
    edited September 2014

They aren't an object.

Post edited by Ryck on
  • XaneritheXanerithe Posts: 275 Member
    It is very disappointing that there isn't more you can do with babies and that toddlers are taken out. When I first played Sims 3 my sim loved his son very much, and always held him and watched tv or took him out for a walk in is stroller, his son was the world to him and always had the thought cloud of his son all the time, When he became a toddler he taught him to walk and talk and potty trained him, I am really going to miss that, To this day now that his son is an adult they still are very close and see each other every day, that was the magic TS3 had, I didn't have to force interactions they always saw each other, ugh sorry I am rambling.
  • Mouse1996Mouse1996 Posts: 269 Member
    sddorme wrote: »

They aren't an object.

But honestly, what could they have even been able to do? They're infants, the only entertainment they provide is that they must be taken care of. I feel like this saved us from those really annoying times when the parent would just put the baby on the floor instead of in the crib.

Ok first of all, love your sig image lol. And second, I just had that issues with the Sims 2 thinking my baby was in it's crib only to find out the parent put it on the floor and went to play video games. So frustrating. But with the Sims 2 baby stuff from the Sims store, you can see how much they could have done with the baby. The baby interacted with it's toys and the parents could play with them with their toys. I am sad they didn't do the same with 4, but I'm going to try to remain hopeful on that. I'd like to see more interaction with the babies.
    ed_zpsyclgaymk.gif
  • sddormesddorme Posts: 269 Member
    edited August 2014
    Mouse1996 wrote: »

They aren't an object.

Ok first of all, love your sig image lol. And second, I just had that issues with the Sims 2 thinking my baby was in it's crib only to find out the parent put it on the floor and went to play video games. So frustrating. But with the Sims 2 baby stuff from the Sims store, you can see how much they could have done with the baby. The baby interacted with it's toys and the parents could play with them with their toys. I am sad they didn't do the same with 4, but I'm going to try to remain hopeful on that. I'd like to see more interaction with the babies.

Thanks! I love getting compliments about it, that show was 🐸🐸🐸🐸

And from what I heard, babies are supposedly meant to have more interactions than before. Is that accurate...? Well none of us really know.
    _sidebar7.gif
    Mouse1996 wrote: »

They aren't an object.

Thanks! I love getting compliments for, that show was 🐸🐸🐸🐸

And from what I heard, babies are supposedly meant to have more interactions than before. Is that accurate...? Well none of us really know.

Yes, one of the best shows for sure. LOL! And yeah, seems there are more interactions, and that it leads to when they turn into kids, but right now it just doesn't look like much. How much interaction can they have when they are stuck to either holding the baby or putting it in it's cradle? But I am going to wait until I play the game before I pass full judgement. I'll only pass slight judgement for now. :wink:
    ed_zpsyclgaymk.gif
  • Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    This is the biggest 'problem' to me about the new game. Babies & story progression.

I am all about the family play. I really feel that MY playstyle has been more 'gimped' than anything else to do with the game and all the 'bros' 'Goths' and other 'shiny' things does not change that.

This is not hate or negativity at all. Not going to go on a rant. I just want to focus on familes like I have since I first played 'The Sims' (vanilla). I'm sure others feel the same. :|
    Jimboola11 wrote: »
    This is the biggest 'problem' to me about the new game. Babies & story progression.

I am all about the family play. I really feel that MY playstyle has been more 'gimped' than anything else to do with the game and all the 'bros' 'Goths' and other 'shiny' things does not change that.

This is not hate or negativity at all. Not going to go on a rant. I just want to focus on familes like I have since I first played 'The Sims' (vanilla). I'm sure others feel the same. :|

Very family oriented player here, and when I learned about the toddlers I at first said I didn't want anything to do with the game, so I get it. Which is why I really hope babies have more than what they did in the Sims 1. Fingers crossed.
    ed_zpsyclgaymk.gif
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    Meg1_B2 wrote: »
    kirby356 wrote: »
    Oh and can we take a moment to talk about the ridiculous "pregnancy test"? EA is so lazy, they don't even make a separate kind of animation for it, to differentiate it from the peeing animation. Literally the sim just pees, looking straight ahead, and POOF, she's suddenly pregnant. What's the point of adding it in, if it isn't even a special animation? Were they too lazy to make a little pregnancy test for the sims to look at? They got rid of the iconic baby bell, over THIS? Shameful.

I thought it was stupid how right after WooHoo she just went to pee and it came up in a snap. We could't even wait a day?!

Don't forget, in games past there was that baby music that told you if 'try for baby' worked

The baby music is all it ever needed to be. We don't need it made gritty especially if they can't even do it right. The perspective father should have been there hanging out waiting. It should have been a shared intimate moment, not just 2 second hooray and back to business.

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    To me, the babies in sims 3 were boring at first. First time I saw the way they got their diaper changed, it was upsetting. But the babies became more interesting once they came out with things for them to do. The swing set, baby monitors, and play mat made the baby more interesting as far as interacting with it.

Sims 4 babies are fine for now. I like how they move. Too cute. I do hope for more things to do with them later.

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Oneice27Oneice27 Posts: 314 Member
    Honestly, I've always stuffed my sim baby back into it's crib, so honestly them having to stay there is no real big issue for me, just means I won't have floor babies anymore. I see no reason to carry it around, in all games all the baby did was just lay there, I didn't get the baby stuff, no clue if I have it in my sims 2 game. would be nice to know! But yeah, I like the way the new babies sound, just so adorable! I like their little arm and leg wiggles!

My biggest reason for liking that they don't leave the crib is:

1: My sims wouldn't leave them alone!! In all games, the baby would be asleep, then the parent would come in, pick them up, set them on the floor AND LEAVE! And then the baby would be unhappy because the &@$ sim couldn't leave them be

2. @%$&! Stranger sims picking up my baby! My sim in sims 2 has this obnoxious co-worker that comes to their house everyday (I may kill him -m-) and he came in and picked up the baby when it was sleeping! And stood there holding it! The baby started crying and he was standing there like a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 holding the baby! I was freaking out because he wouldn't put the baby down and I've heard a few people saying they have actually had sims take their kids home with them! So after cursing at him continuously he finally put down the baby and left!

3. Popcicle babies, sims loooved to leave them in the snow!

My two cents on the matter
    Keep calm and sim on friend-os!

**Icon image is of my character, drawn for my by fellow artist ^^ I always play out him and his gal's story in the sims, going to be exciting to bring it to the sims 4!**
  • SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    I just don't like the fact that the baby is confined to the crib. It leaves the door closed for growth to the baby. I can't take that crib to the park. I can't put the crib in a stroller. I can't put the crib in a little play thing on the floor. I can't sit and watch tv while holding the crib. I can't bring the crib to the kitchen to make a bottle for it.

The fact that the baby is stuck in a crib, I feel is going to vastly limit the potential that babies could have in this game and I fear that they won't be able to be expanded upon because this crib is basically the baby. I feel that all we will ever have with the baby will be what we have in the base game and there's no room for growth or potential with them because they can't do anything without that crib.

At least in Sims 3 there were different things that gradually came out with different expansion packs and store obkects that helped the baby become a more rounded and fun sim to play with.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif