Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PRELOAD - Problems/Solutions

ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
edited August 2014 in PC - Technical Discussions
Hi all please see if the suggestions help and please also add to the list as well!

IMPORTANT - If you received an email from origin about payment issue or if you cancelled your Preorder - you cant preload the game contact customer service for any payment/account issues
If I cant get the Preload to start:

-Origin - make sure is up to date

-Confirm Origin is online, if not select origin and then online
21lsccl.png

If you cant locate game make sure all games are viewable
20kupzc.png

3502vsx.png

It is possible Origin servers are overwhelmed - if so dont just keep refreshing origin, try logging out completely back in

If you are having problems downloading:
-Make sure you give it permission to download
-If you are using wifi turn off and plug system directly into router
Post edited by ceejay402 on

Comments

• sweetest85sweetest85 Posts: 194 Member
    Thanks for being so helpful as usual @ceejay402. If preload doesn't work for me later when I finally get to put my preorder in I'll give that a go!
    XiVt5EK.jpgXiVtm4.png

• CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    It could be that EA's download servers have been flooded with requests for preloading the game, which could be causing only some people to have the option available to them. Just a thought, as I imagine a number of people are wanting to preload.

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
    Yeah it'd be smart if they gave people different download times so not everything is happening at once. Servers don't generally like that lol.
    XiVt5EK.jpgXiVtm4.png

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    i agree @sweetest85 and @CodySimstein its probably just the servers overwhelmed and yea staggered preload would have made better sense :) glad i got it before the rush!
    edited August 2014
    I'll hopefully be downloading mine AFTER the rush hehe.
    XiVt5EK.jpgXiVtm4.png

• devans0714devans0714 Posts: 70 Member
    It's the servers...I just got offline with EA Support. They said it may take 24 hours to resolve.
    devans0714 wrote: »
    It's the servers...I just got offline with EA Support. They said it may take 24 hours to resolve.
    Thanks are they saying servers aren't working or are overloaded?
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > devans0714 wrote: »
    >
    > It's the servers...I just got offline with EA Support. They said it may take 24 hours to resolve.
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks are they saying servers aren't working or are overloaded?

They said the servers are not working at the moment.
    Ok thanks so much for confirmation. Well I guess it's better now then the 2nd.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    what else is new ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

> @crinrict said:
    > what else is new ?

Right!!!!!
    ok im testing now on my PC and have no issue with downloading, @devans0714 can you try again and what does it look like if you cant DL. is it greyed out? do you get an message/error, thanks
    Ceejay it's greyed out. They checked my account status and all it's fine...Paid in full. But I will try again.
    devans0714 wrote: »
    Ceejay it's greyed out. They checked my account status and all it's fine...Paid in full. But I will try again.

thanks can you reboot the system
    I just did....Still greyed out....I am going to wait a few hours and try later. Not sure if it's on eastern time or central time. That could be an issue.
    All my statuses say Unreleased.
    Try opting in the beta version of Origin and try with that.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited August 2014
    > @crinrict said:
    > Try opting in the beta version of Origin and try with that.

Crinrict - tried that too....Still no love. I am going to try tomorrow....This really stinks....Just because you pre-load the game does not mean that you can play it, correct?
    thanks for trying @devans0714 its really helpful to know if something works or not :)
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    I'm wondering how the activation is going to go with both CD/DVD as well as DD versions. :s
    I'm seriously concerned about the servers being overloaded. :\
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
    You'll be activating your game on Origin and then install from disc.
    AHQ Tutorial

IMPORTANT do look for the email by origin confirming purchase if you have not received this and your game is greyed out check purchase status, see first post.