Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Imaginary Friend

What a nightmare. I have a family of 8 and each of the kids (all 6 of them) had these stupid dolls. These things always bork my game in one way or another. I have used the delete object cheat to remove the dolls and now, I just found one of them in semi human form wondering around the house-even though the doll is gone. I deleted it too. Before I deleted them some were showing up as regular sims-some were showing up even when you didn't have the child selected, and one of them had a birthday that everyone in the family was going to see-and then the birthday que picture wouldn't go away. I can't stand these things. Hoping they are all gone now.... Am I the only one who has issues with them?

Comments

• CalvinBruce_ukCalvinBruce_uk Posts: 576 Member
    I don't have issues like you've had but they do annoy me at times!

I've started putting them in the adults inventory and giving them away to others as gifts! :D
  • CristalBlueRosesCristalBlueRoses Posts: 427 Member
    I can't stand them... I have a near phobia of "creepy dolls".... so I really really hate them... (in fact, the only way to seriously creep me out in a movie is to add weird kids and creepy dolls that come to life)
    Brian's Log: Day sixty-seven.
    Cube was quite all night. Once again
    Cube as quiet all day. As per previously.
    No movement.
    No change in measurements.
    End of entry
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I think that's awesome! It's great when the game has a mind of it's own and sends a little drama your way . And what a party with all those extras celebrating.! I once had a household over run by ghosts that didn't go back to their grave during the day. The birthday celebrations were so interesting.
    Sometimes it's better to just go along with it and enjoy the ride. :D
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Melmel2362Melmel2362 Posts: 278 Member
    Yes I've had that happen before! Where the doll just decides it's gonna hang around even after I deleted it (and after I deleted the doll ANOTHER ONE popped up in her inventory...oh my gosh). I wish you could pick and choose them. They're nice when they're toddlers, but after that...only occasionally.
  • tessabemetessabeme Posts: 226 Member
    i love those dolls, they clean my house
    Follow me on Tumblr
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I find those dolls just plain creepy.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • xxDriftingAwayxxDriftingAway Posts: 79 Member
    I've never had the imaginary friends but they sound creepy.... like really creepy.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited September 2014
    Imaginary friends came with Generations. I can't stand them and have never played with them. I used to drag them from the child's pack unto the floor and using testingcheatsenabled deleted them in build/buy mode. Now I have them turned off so they don't even show up in the mail. It's either a game option or in one of Twallan's mods.
  • veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    You can retune it with nraas retuner (instructions are on the nraas wiki) to keep them out of your game. Or you can get this mod more/less chance of imaginary friend by claudia sharon. Just get the no chance flavor.
    NraasSignature.png
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    I turn on testingcheatsenabled and delete them all the time. I dislike that every single sim baby I've had/adopted has received one of these. They're annoying because EA doesn't understand moderation. Your child sim will completely ignore everyone in the house, even friends invited over, to play with these things. Basically I hate them. They're the only aspect I can think of that came with Generations that I actually hate. I dislike the 'Free Vacation' for parents and always choose no, but at least I'm given a choice. Makes you wary of the mailbox after your sim has a child or adopts.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • SimperatrixSimperatrix Posts: 176 Member
    Some folks hate them. Some like them enough to build entire challenges around IFs.

For me, I haven't had one mess up the game too much. There was one time when the IF went back to doll form right next to the Sim's bed and in front of the door, and it took me a while to figure out why the Sim was trapped in the room. (Now that I think about it, it sounds like a horror movie!)
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited September 2014
    I've never had the imaginary friends but they sound creepy.... like really creepy.

Me neither. For some reason though, my newborn's aunt sent one in the mail! Is there any advice or tips on dealing/caring (killing would be nice) with these CREEPY looking dolls? Return to sender isn't an option for some reason!

Edit: I'll play with my other sims...for now.. until I hopefully find out...
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!