Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The "Thank You" Lottery: Winners Announced!

ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
edited September 2014 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Adrian's "Thank You For Helping" Lottery

Winners Announced! :)

There are some awesome people on the Sims 3 forums, willing to share their knowledge to help you get more enjoyment out of the game, or fix that frustrating building problem you're having, or showing how to get a bargain from the Store. And there are those who have created something amazing, a totally awe-inspiring build, a fabulous Sims based story or video that has inspired you to do something you never thought you could.

To these wonderful people I want, in my own small way, to say ...

tumblr_nas8kfUGVn1sgcmqgo3_r1_500.jpg

The Waffle-y Explanation Bit
I have been on the Sims 3 forums for several years now and loved it! I have found so many fellow Simmers who have been eager to help, encourage, and inspire me and I, in turn, have tried to do the same where I can.

It has been great to hear from those I have been able to help or encourage. Whether it's enabling someone to get a good deal on the DD, helping a newbie understand how something works, or encouraging someone's creativity; there are few better feelings than knowing you have been able to help or improve another person's experience.

What I didn't expect was the incredible generosity of the Sims community; I have been truly humbled by the gifts I have received that have enabled me to get so much more out of this game that we love.

Now, as a result of those gifts and zealous stalking of the DD and Sales I am very close to now "owning the Store" (just a couple of odd set and a few individual items) and, it turns out, I have Simpoints left over! I want to put them to good use by returning some gifting love to a few of those who have contributed so positively to the community by helping and inspiring others.

The Prize Fund
In addition to the prize fund of 2400sp that I am offering, I have two very generous co-sponsors - @loobylou1985 adding 200p and @JACKIEMALEK2 putting in another 500sp to make a total prize fund of 3100sp!!

We have agreed to share these points around by means of a prize draw as follows:
  • six winners for me to gift:
    • One gift of 1280sp
    • Two gifts of 320sp
    • Three gifts of 160sp
  • one winner for loobylou1985 to gift 200sp
  • one winner for JACKIEMALEK2 to gift 500sp

Rules of the Draw
  1. This is a lottery for which EIGHT prizes will be drawn by random selection. The first winner drawn will be gifted up to the value of 1280sp. The next two winners will each receive gift(s) up to the value of 320sp. The following three winners will each receive a gift of up to 160sp. Two further draws will be made; one for a prize of 200sp sponsored by loobylou1985, and finally a prize of 500sp sponsored by JACKIEMALEK2.
    • If a prize value cannot be fully gifted to the respective winner, I will draw additional winners until as much of the fund as possible has been spent
  2. All entrants must be nominated, you can NOT nominate yourself
  3. Each person submitting an entry may nominate up to FOUR names
  4. Each nomination must give the following information:
    • The username of the person being nominated
    • A reason for the nomination, this reason must be one of either:
      • Help or assistance (such as help with understanding the Store, or a feature of the game)
      • Inspiration (such as excellence in story telling or building)
    • A link to a forum post that illustrates the help or inspiration given
    • A link to that person's wishlist (please make sure they have a wishlist!)
  5. A person can be nominated twice; once for help and once for inspiration
  6. Only one prize will be awarded to any one nominee. On winning a prize that person will be removed from the draw for any subsequent prizes.
  7. If a winner does not have a wishlist, their prize will be forfeit and passed to the next person drawn. Further draws will be made so that all eight prizes can be gifted.
  8. Nominations will close at 11pm (British Summer Time) on Monday 8th September 2014
  9. The draw will take place on Tuesday 9th September 2014 and winners announced by Wednesday 10th September 2014 or as soon thereafter as possible
  10. I will use random.org to select the eight winning nominees

FAQ
1. Can I enter/nominate myself?
No. You must nominate someone else

2. How many people can I nominate?
You can nominate up to FOUR people, if a person has been both helpful and inspirational they can be nominated twice

3. How can someone be nominated twice?
Prizes are for people who have been either helpful or inspirational. If someone has been both, they can be nominated for both reasons, though you will need an example of each.

4. So what should a nomination post look like?
Ideally, something like:
I would like to nominate @username because they helped me understand how the Store worked.
Example Post: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12199985/#Comment_12199985
Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=username

or
I would like to nominate @username because they created something awesome that inspired me to try.
Example Post: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/912188958/#Comment_912188958
Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=username

5. Why do I have to link to a forum post?
Firstly, it just helps to confirm that the nominee is eligible for the draw but also, more importantly, it allows others to make use of the help your nominee has given, or draw inspiration from what they have done - to spread the love! :)

6. How do I get the link to a forum post?
If you right-click on the date at the top of the post it should show a menu with a 'copy link' option.
tumblr_nas8kfUGVn1sgcmqgo2_400.gif

7. What if the person I nominate doesn't have a wishlist?
If you can, ask them to create one, but I will check with each winner after the draw and if they really don't have a wishlist their prize will pass to the next nominee drawn. I will check each nomination and will indicate on the list of entrants if there is a problem (or not).

I am excited to host my very first lottery to pay back and say thank you to, in a small way, all the people here who have helped and inspired me and so many other Simmers.

24 August: Base Prize fund increased to 900sp + 125sp donated by @loobylou1985
25 August: Base Prize fund increased to 1005sp
27 August: Base Prize fund now stands at 1500sp + 625sp donated by @loobylou1985 and @JACKIEMALEK2
30 August: Base Prize fund now stands at 1800sp + 625sp donated by @loobylou1985 and @JACKIEMALEK2
5 September: Base Prize fund now stands at 2400 + 700sp donated by @loobylou1985 and @JACKIEMALEK2
9 September: Winners Drawn! :D
Winners Announced!
Post edited by ajaxpost on

Comments