Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP idea Sims 4: Families

i know its Early to Guess what the First EP will be but hers my Guess it should be.

Sims 4: Families

Life Stages: Toddlers , Pre-teens,
Npcs: Burglar
Occults: Imaginary Friend,Ghost
* House Alarms are added
*Law Enforcement career is added.
*Laundry Returns.
*Dish washing Returns
*Hangouts spots Arcades for pre-teens and teens
*Toy making - make toys including Imaginary Friends as Dolls
*Middle School is added for Pre-teens
* Pre-School is added for parents to drop off there toddlers.
*Babysitting job Expanded.
*Schools are no longer rabbit holes.
*Ep Bonus Toddlers and Pre-teens can have space suits if Sims 4 Spaced is installed.
* Hobbies From Sims 2 : Freetime Return.
*Family Trees Return

Anyone have any ideas what features you want or if is this a good idea.

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    edited August 2014
    Well as of now, there are no rabbit holes in the game as your sims will disappear off of the map when the go to school/work like they did in TS2. So there really isn't any need for separate schools in the game.
    http://simsvip.com/2014/07/02/the-sims-4-no-grocery-store-work-or-school-lots/

Now in the tweet about the "no schools", it states not at this time. So who knows if they will add them later or not. But if they do, I really don't see them adding in separate schools for the kids.
  • Options
    winterclaritywinterclarity Posts: 183 Member
    I really don't want to see a family EP first. I'd rather have something different and interesting like farming or even extreme sports.
  • Options
    Carmen0908Carmen0908 Posts: 2,721 Member
    Sounds like an interesting idea :-)
    Just wondering because I didn't follow the first two Sims games - does anyone know if lifestages have ever been added in an EP before?
    Also if more than one occult has been added to a single EP (with the exception of EPs dedicated to occults)?
    carmen4s.jpg
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Hi, I really hope you get what you want, but why is everybody so obsessed with toddlers and children and pre-schools and middle schools and pre-middle schools?? I want the Sims to be a more mature game. If there really must be a Family EP, I would like to have more adult drama like dirty divorces, fights for money and much more romantic options. If I could add an age group, it would be between adults and elders because that's the biggest gap in the game.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Hi, I really hope you get what you want, but why is everybody so obsessed with toddlers and children and pre-schools and middle schools and pre-middle schools?? I want the Sims to be a more mature game. If there really must be a Family EP, I would like to have more adult drama like dirty divorces, fights for money and much more romantic options. If I could add an age group, it would be between adults and elders because that's the biggest gap in the game.

I'd like to see more for Elders too, including for active Elders. But also seniors' centres and seniors' homes, a chance to change a trait, something that encourages them to give their things away and make wills, ... There's a lot more to being in your later years than hobbling about with a cane, being a free babysitter, and reminiscing about the good old days. I'm really hoping to see more thought into this age group in Sims 4 than before, when the whole age group seemed like basically an afterthought.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    @luthienrising Seniors' centers or younger adults having to care for their old parents would be great. But I fear that the game's teenage fanbase would not be amused by this kind of reality.
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    i wanted a middle age life state but someone told me that Adults are middle age.
  • Options
    March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member
    edited August 2014

Occults: Imaginary Friend,Ghost I hate IF they were so annoying and disrupted my game play all the time and when ghost constantly haunted and some even I guess "glitched" and stayed around even after the sun came up >_<

* House Alarms are added

*Laundry Returns. In TS3 i tried to make a sim use the pick up all laundry and she'd go around picking it up only to randomly stop and throw a big pile of laundry on the floor, I had this problem A LOT.

*Dish washing Returns I honestly don't care if they use a dish washer or just hand wash it. I own a dishwasher and don't even use it. Lol I feel like hand washing ensures everything gets cleaned and scrubbed

*Hangouts spots Arcades for pre-teens and teens I agree

*Schools are no longer rabbit holes. A lot of people complain about Uni EP being boring to just watch them sit in class and get lectured. I think it would be hard to try to manage so many sims at different places, especially if I have to encounter a load screen from one sim to the other.

*Ep Bonus Toddlers and Pre-teens can have space suits if Sims 4 Spaced is installed.
    *Family Trees Return
    5DG72Tj.gif
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    I'd probably buy a family pack eventually, but aside from the sleeping bags, I really had no use for the Generations EP for Sims 3. I don't usually play families. I'd much rather see a hobby pack (like Free Time), Open for Business, or Supernatural pack first.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member

I have to totally disagree with you on the 'maturity' level of the game. Why do you think it's less mature to have toddlers in the game? We were ALL toddlers in our lives, you know those ages between 1-5, commonly referred to as the toddler age? Going from infant to child creates a gap so wide we might as well call it the Grand Canyon. I haven't known a single person who ever jumped from infant to eight year old. As for the gap between Adults and elders, it's a more nuanced time of life, middle age. I know I'm there, currently. While I'm old enough to eat off of the "senior" menu at most restaurants, I'm not old enough to collect my full Social Security, yet. I also don't really look that old. (I was blessed with some really great genes, thank you, Mom.) My hair has (only in the last few years) developed a few streaks of white/gray and mostly on the underneath side, so it hardly shows. Crows feet only really show whenever I smile, and aren't etched too heavily into my skin, either. Even my hubby doesn't sport too many wrinkles, and although his beard is mostly gray, his hair doesn't have any streaks at all that I've seen. We're eleven months apart in age. If you want to show the process with your Sims, they've given us facial features we can add in the new CAS, such as creases in the forehead and nasal 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (the () that stretch from the nose to the mouth area) that sometimes appear in later life. (Others, like Leonard Nimoy had them always.)

If you wish to cause discord in the lives of your Sims, you're the one in charge. You can break up that marriage and make it acrimonious all you want. I had two Sims fight terribly in Sims3, because she kept placing the infant son down on the front lawn of their home in the pouring rain! Hubby got home from his gig and gave his wife the what-for, after taking baby safely inside. Apparently, they didn't get over the fight, because when she did it again (for the third time autonomously, no I'm not a Monster), I sent him home right after his gig again. They fought, of course, but what surprised me was the 'break-up' action was suddenly in the menu. I did what any sane person would do and clicked on it. Then I immediately went into Edit Town and moved the *itch out into her own apartment. Yes, my singer got flack for the break up from both family and friends, but I sent him to court for slander and guess what? He won. If he was the bad guy, why did he have custody of the infant … . So, you see, you are in charge of the story. My Sim autonomously placing the baby in the yard merely sparked it.

As for schools, since our Sims are going to 'walk off the lot into the ether' I see no reason to have buildings in the neighborhood.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    LOL, okay, now I get where the word plum is coming from. :open_mouth: I used the proper word for nasal l*a*b*i*a (we'll see if this goes through) but just because another part of the female anatomy uses the term suddenly, it's plum? Oh, grow up! :p What a hoot.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member
    I think this would be a pretty cool expansion pack. The generations EP was my favorite EP from the Sims 3 I hope they have one for the Sims 4.
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales
  • Options
    VampirspiegeleiVampirspiegelei Posts: 704 Member
    Hmm... I wouldn't care much about burglars, laundry and dishwashers... I'd rather have them make Kids and teens more fun to play with than in previous installments.

The Arcade is already a good idea. Summercamp would also be neat.
    Costumes, castles and hideouts made from "stuff", cardboard rockets to play pretend.
    We already have a base for lots of fun interactions I bet those can be expanded.
    ... jinkies oO
  • Options
    SilentSpy0SilentSpy0 Posts: 197 Member
    I really don't see the point in Pre-Teens. In reality, there is a big distinction between a Child and a Teenager, but a Pre-Teen is really just a brief transitional stage that is mostly noticeable to the person as they become more aware of themselves growing up. From a gameplay perspective, I don't think there is enough to make things different.
  • Options
    SilentSpy0 wrote: »
    I really don't see the point in Pre-Teens. In reality, there is a big distinction between a Child and a Teenager, but a Pre-Teen is really just a brief transitional stage that is mostly noticeable to the person as they become more aware of themselves growing up. From a gameplay perspective, I don't think there is enough to make things different.

i see it as a way to Bridge the gap of Child and teen and to make up for the Tall Teens.

Deal with it.
  • Options
    Cynel1 wrote: »

i see it as a way to Bridge the gap of Child and teen and to make up for the Tall Teens.

Deal with it.

I've always played "pre-teens" in the past as just children or teens who are styled older or younger. It's just a state of life where you body and mind go through some changes, but your life isn't any different - there's no reason to make a new life stage in gameplay. It's also just about a two year period in your life which is really...nothing in the long term.

I know when I was a pre-teen that I felt it was an important stage of life, but it's really a small, small chapter.

As for the tall teens, given how negative the feedback is, I expect there to be a handy mod for slightly shorter teens within the first week or two.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Yes, yes and yes. I wish it wasn't T for teen. I've always wanted an age group between adult and elder.

• Options

Deal with it.

I've always played "pre-teens" in the past as just children or teens who are styled older or younger. It's just a state of life where you body and mind go through some changes, but your life isn't any different - there's no reason to make a new life stage in gameplay. It's also just about a two year period in your life which is really...nothing in the long term.

I know when I was a pre-teen that I felt it was an important stage of life, but it's really a small, small chapter.

As for the tall teens, given how negative the feedback is, I expect there to be a handy mod for slightly shorter teens within the first week or two.

So what others might like the idea of Pre-teens.
  • Options
    March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member
    edited August 2014

Deal with it.

@SilentSpy0 was trying to express his opinion... Do you not want us to express opinions if they differ from your own? Alright nobody else post unless you agree completely. Come on guys... we're not welcome here.
    5DG72Tj.gif
  • Options
    I don't see the point in Pre-Teens, and without any gameplay differences from Child stage beyond looking slightly older or going to "Middle School" instead of "Elementary School," I don't think that Maxis would see a purpose either.
  • Options
    March306 wrote: »

Deal with it.

@SilentSpy0 was trying to express his opinion... Do you not want us to express opinions if they differ from your own? Alright nobody else post unless you agree completely. Come on guys... we're not welcome here.

i wasn't trying to Force @SilentSpy0 to like Pre-teens its just a opinion.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited August 2014
    i know its Early to Guess what the First EP will be but hers my Guess it should be.

* House Alarms are added
    *Laundry Returns.
    *Dish washing Returns
    *Family Trees Return

I actually like most of your ideas. I really want the burglar and playable ghosts to return. I'd also like having a law enforcement career back in the game. I'd also really love to have an arcade with arcade machines in the game. However there are a few things I'd like to point out.

1. It makes no sense to have npc burglars without npc police officers, since someone else is going to have to arrest the burglars if mom and dad aren't cops

2. I'm not sure, but I think Dish washing is still in the game. We just don't have dishwashers.

3. Schools in the Sims 4 aren't technically rabbit holes to begin with. They're off screen careers like in the Sims 1 and 2. Are you saying you think there should be an Ambitions style school venue in the game.

4. Not that big of a deal, but if they're going to add toy making, I would really like them to add toy stores as well.

5. As much as I like the idea of them adding pre teens, it might be a bit much to ask for if they're going to add toddlers, and I think I might prefer they bring back toddlers, if its one or the other.
  • Options
    Damienf519 wrote: »

* House Alarms are added
    *Laundry Returns.
    *Dish washing Returns
    *Family Trees Return

I actually like most of your ideas. I really want the burglar and playable ghosts to return. I'd also like having a law enforcement career back in the game. I'd also really love to have an arcade with arcade machines in the game. However there are a few things I'd like to point out.

1. It makes no sense to have npc burglars without npc police officers, since someone else is going to have to arrest the burglars if mom and dad aren't cops

2. I'm not sure, but I think Dish washing is still in the game. We just don't have dishwashers.

3. Schools in the Sims 4 aren't technically rabbit holes to begin with. They're off screen careers like in the Sims 1 and 2. Are you saying you think there should be an Ambitions style school venue in the game.

4. Not that big of a deal, but if they're going to add toy making, I would really like them to add toy stores as well.

That doesn't mean Cops can be NPCs too.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member

Deal with it.

There might be such a mod, eventually, however, I would expect that when they interact with other age groups, the animations won't look right, since they will have original been designed for them being the same height as adults.
  • Options
    Damienf519 wrote: »

There might be such a mod, eventually, however, I would expect that when they interact with other age groups, the animations won't look right, since they will have original been designed for them being the same height as adults.

Yeah, for sure - I could see that. I would imagine it'd have to be a really slight difference rather than a very distinct difference like the past games.

(I also somewhat suspect that in one of the EPs, we will eventually see an official height slider with some limited range - this game has been pretty big on customizing body types, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that. It would take a bit of work on Maxis's end, but I could see it!)