The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would a preteen Sim be like anyway?

Comments

• BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited August 2014
    I thought newspaper delivery was removed.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,465 Member
    From my RL experiences with this age group, complete with RAGING hormones, is a lot of toe-tapping, arms crossed over chest, hating their best friends one moment and then best buds the next. Talking back to adults, being mean to their siblings, cranky, tantrum-throwing (yes, they ARE a lot like toddlers at this age), and generally very sweet when they wish to be or when they WANT something. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Children with makeup and an attitude
  • VampirspiegeleiVampirspiegelei Posts: 704 Member
    Mostly people want teens which are smaller than adults - that's pretty much the only reason why people now want pre teens.

I'd laugh my plumbob off if they would actually introduce preteens... at the same hight of normal teens XD
    ... jinkies oO
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I think the preteen would be pointless.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,465 Member
    Mostly people want teens which are smaller than adults - that's pretty much the only reason why people now want pre teens.

I'd laugh my plumbob off if they would actually introduce preteens... at the same hight of normal teens XD

Actually, that would work.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    chider1234 wrote: »
    Basically teens, except still kinda children (I guess) but they still wanna act all grown up and like kiss someone and stuff idk lol.

With pre-teens you could have "crushes" and introductory romantic interactions. And they'd want to act older than they really are, but still occasionally do kid stuff like play on the play equipment or with toys, and get really embarrassed if anyone catches them.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I feel a preteen stage would be a waste, it would significantly cut the child and teen days to make this new age group but there wouldn't be much else for them to do. I rather expand on Teens so they can do more than just mess around and date, work part time jobs and excel in school.
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    BreeSasha wrote: »
    I feel a preteen stage would be a waste, it would significantly cut the child and teen days to make this new age group but there wouldn't be much else for them to do. I rather expand on Teens so they can do more than just mess around and date, work part time jobs and excel in school.

oh Please it would Bridge the gap of Child and Teen.
  • MariposahMariposah Posts: 249 Member
    edited August 2014

hahahaha @Kelly_Blake That's brilliant.
    TS4-Signature.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiraehd
  • AmmalineAmmaline Posts: 113 Member
    Crushes, if acne were to ever come back this is when, embarrassed easily, all stuff people have mentioned!

Sleep away camp, first school dance, first crush, maybe learning to use makeup or something funny like that! I don't feel preteens are vital to the game, but it could be fun if they have enough unique life opportunities!

I feel like they need to separate the young adult stage a little more personally. Make it really feel like just starting out in life on your own for the first time! Not sure how to do that though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    > @Simpkin said:
    > I think the preteen would be pointless.

No, they aren't pointless. Actually, people asked for preteens because of teens are the same height as young adults.
    edited March 2015
    > @BreeSasha said:
    > I feel a preteen stage would be a waste, it would significantly cut the child and teen days to make this new age group but there wouldn't be much else for them to do. I rather expand on Teens so they can do more than just mess around and date, work part time jobs and excel in school.

Preteens aren't pointless! We have them in real life, so why can't we have them in a simulation game?
    Post edited by sydwilgirl23 on
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    > @Simpkin said:

No, they aren't pointless. Actually, people asked for preteens because of teens are the same height as young adults.
    They should just make the teens shorter.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    > @Simpkin said:

They should just make the teens shorter.

that would be hard with the Animations.
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    My reaction when useles same-as-kids preteens are suggested:
    v78g3s.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    This is the 4th time this week someone has bumped an old thread...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    In real life there is certainly a difference between someone who is 7 and someone who is 11-12, but I just don't think the sims needs a pre teen lifestage. As far as gameplay for a game like this goes, I just don't really see how they would make that stage worthwhile. I think they just need to work on the teens a little more.
    > @Simpkin said:
    > sydwilgirl23 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    > They should just make the teens shorter.

It's possible, but it could mess up animation depending on how short they make them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bdoebdoe Posts: 53 Member
    > @Simpkin said:
    >
    >
    >

I don't know about you all, but my teenage sons are actually taller than the both of us!
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    bdoe wrote: »
    > @Simpkin said:
    >
    >
    >

I don't know about you all, but my teenage sons are actually taller than the both of us!

Yeah, but teens in real life, regardless of their height, don't facially look like they are 30 like they do in the sims 4. If they weren't going to do anything at all to make teens look more youthful then they could have at least made them shorter. I think in the world of the sims shorter teens make sense since it's a quick and obvious visual cue telling the player the age of the sim and it makes it feel more "real" in the game and more like each stage is a bit different than just plastering "teen" over their heads.

• kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    I find the whole idea of a preteen life stage to be pointless. Sounds to me like a filler life stage, and I can't really see anything interesting (gameplay wise) coming out of it. People who want the preteen stage for crushes, is not a good enough reason for them to make a brand new life stage, when they just add those cute innocent crushes to the child life stage. I interpret the child stage to be 8-10 year olds, and I know when I was that age I would have valentines, and crushes. It's completely innocuous and natural.

Back to the topic at hand, preteens seem a bit extra. It's just not needed.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    pre-teen would be that child that jumps out of the baby. - Pre-teen is considered 10-12.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top