Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Wiki: Video Preview (10 minutes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udEpejLQwjg

Another video preview for you to watch. :mrgreen:

Comments

• KeziahTKeziahT Posts: 968 Member
    edited August 2014
    Fangirl scream!!! Thanks for sharing!

Edit: There are actually other sims on the lot apart from the sim you're playing with and the bartender lol
  • AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    I still need to go back and watch the last one you posted, but thank you for for keeping up with all of these!
    You are awesome! :D
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    Man, those sleep portraits are kind of silly looking!
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Wonder why she rejected him at the end? I didn't even see the relationship bar for them when they were interacting.

That was fun to watch. I know some people are going to be annoyed but it definitely looks like they solved some of the routing issues by having sims walk through each other.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    now why was the food sparkling?
  • koapsychocorekoapsychocore Posts: 342 Member
    I assume because it's fresh.
    Like the odor and flies when it's old?
    You can call me Corby.
    tumblr_n643b5yyHO1rdbefdo1_500.gif
    OriginID: cehall86
  • MoonShadowMoonShadow Posts: 129 Member
    Oh wow I really like that hoodie the one guy is wearing. I don't believe I've seen it in the demo?
    You can call me Sanne if you like. I really dislike my username.
    Origin ID: CrazyCuddle
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Im sorry but did I just read "Take a thoughtful shower?"
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    peoinee wrote: »
    now why was the food sparkling?

Maybe directly from Garden? I know in TS2 food sparkled if it was directly from the Garden or caught fish.
    edited August 2014
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Im sorry but did I just read "Take a thoughtful shower?"

Yep. If you take a brisk shower, it will give your sim the energized emotion. If you take a thoughtful shower, it will give your sim the inspired emotion. Brisk shower takes less time but also "wears off" faster (IOW, I'm not sure it fully fills up your hygiene bar). The thoughtful shower takes a long time.

Promotions for your careers have additional requirements in TS4 to achieve them and having your Sim go to work with a particular emotion will help them. Each career will have an emotion requirement appropriate (I guess) for that career (so a writer would want to go to work in an inspired mood) to help with your performance and get a promotion. But, of course, it will also help in other situations. Apparently, there's a steamy shower that gets a sim in the flirty mood or a cold shower if you want to get a sim out of the flirty mood.
  • xtinagaga97xtinagaga97 Posts: 600 Member
    Wait... why were there only 3 other people in the 2nd bar? I thought they were supposed to be full now. Slow night I guess lol.
    giphy.gif
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Wait... why were there only 3 other people in the 2nd bar? I thought they were supposed to be full now. Slow night I guess lol.

The other sims were feeling very emotional and were stuck at home lol. Maybe it was just a slow night.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

The first bar had seven other sims however. Also wasn't it like 2 in the morning when he went??
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    Zerbu, I like your sim. Is he available in the gallery?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

It also looked like Pancake Bob showed up at the second bar, when he had just been working the bar at the first one. But I wasn't really paying attention to the times so perhaps there was a reason he'd gone from one world to the other to be at both bars?
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member

I think the Creators camp people said something about time of day so maybe the game has a smart clock on it giving you the effect of time....think going to the store at 2 am versus 2 in the afternoon....(i dont know that for sure but thats what i gathered from the players meaning)
  • GarvelleGrantGarvelleGrant Posts: 390 Member
    Thanks Zerbu, always on point with info
    Sexy Socialite

1KuFGd.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    I love those loading screens. 12 second loading screens? I think I can deal.
  • dadnboydadnboy Posts: 323 Member
    The parks name was Desert Bloom...

NOT MORE BLOOM I'M BLIND HALP
  • SimsesWithJakeSimsesWithJake Posts: 441 Member
    @JoeWow1003
    Well, that does seem to be the case, but who knows if this guy has a super computer?
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    @JoeWow1003
    Well, that does seem to be the case, but who knows if this guy has a super computer?

True. True. It's just nice to know it's possible.

I remember loading screens from Sims 1 days. I had a pretty good computer for the time and even back then I remember the loading screens seemed to take 1+ minutes.
    dadnboy wrote: »
    The parks name was Desert Bloom...

NOT MORE BLOOM I'M BLIND HALP

Have you seen in the load screens, one of the loading actions is "Boosting Bloom." Makes me cringe every time I read it. XD
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Apparently, there's a steamy shower that gets a sim in the flirty mood or a cold shower if you want to get a sim out of the flirty mood.
    Wait, wasn't a cold shower a bad thing back in TS3? Random bad moodlet, left your Sim cranky for a good while. It was better to buy the cheap tub than the cheap shower.

I had forgotten that. I believe that was because the shower wasn't working properly, though. In TS4, it's...well...because...you know.