Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something better than firefighters ( we get sprinklers)

Just discovered this jem over on twitter, so they have really put the effort in, i promise, instead of having firefighters stand around your house for an hour before doing anything the sims 4 team have replaced them with sprinklers, you place the box outside and whenever there are fires the sprinklers appear above the flames and save the day now instead of dreamy firemen your simmies can dream of sprinklers ;)

image.png

image.png

Comments

• ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    Why do they have an outdoor grill inside their house?

And curtains on the wall with no window behind them?
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • panapopspanapops Posts: 429 Member
    So is it only cooking appliances that catch fire now, or are you expected to place sprinklers over your electronics in case they ignite whilst your sim is trying to fix them? 'Cause that'd be a lot of ugly sprinklers to install.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Do you have a link to the tweet that talked about these pics?
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    @ebuchala I was just about to ask that.

Sprinklers! I hated waiting on the Fire Dept. so I'm really excited about this development.
    My Sims || My CC Creations || My Simblr || OID: MomGinny
  • CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »

Maybe they don't want their perfect grass to get singed and would much rather have their house burn down.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Cause everyone has sprinklers like that in their home.

Who doesn't? Sims 4 is moving forward... who need laptops when we got tablets? Newspapers? pfft! Phones
    Firemen... didn't have time to make them so SPRINKLERS !!
  • GojoebotGojoebot Posts: 59 Member
    Pretty cool item. I would like to see a very slow firefighter option and for progression you could pick up the sprinkler.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited August 2014
    ebuchala wrote: »

Glad I'm not the only one that was wondering

Maybe it's the new intuitive system at work :P
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Well as long as something puts out the fire so none of my sims die then Im ok with it.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    Cause everyone has sprinklers like that in their home.

I'm pretty sure the EA execs do with all the money they make/extort/whatevs. My place isn't nearly as nice but I do have sprinklers.

"The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• phineas1920phineas1920 Posts: 935 Member
    Do the security alarms automatically arrest the burglars because we have no cops? Oh wait, we don't have burglars either.
    5fhzzo.jpg
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    So fires are less fun? What if I want them to spread before they're extinguished (for the effect of the fire), but I don't want sprinklers covering my ceiling?
  • UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    panapops wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Mmmm but you can't Woohoo with a sprinkler

Depends where you put them.

Well sure, and if it gets hot enough there will even be a big finish....

even so i'd prefer a firefighter
  • ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    panapops wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Mmmm but you can't Woohoo with a sprinkler

Depends where you put them.

google.gif

keep on keepin' on
  • wormofthebookwormofthebook Posts: 176 Member
    Does that mean they can potentially be adding the sprinkler prank back from TS2 university? A person can dream :D .
    ldauop39735.png
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    So fires are less fun? What if I want them to spread before they're extinguished (for the effect of the fire), but I don't want sprinklers covering my ceiling?

You buy that sprinkler control panel and, in the case of a fire, that's when you'll see the sprinklers and see them in action. They're not going to be all over your ceiling.

My question is, if we have this sprinkler box to save the day, why would we need fire alarms?

• ErisineErisine Posts: 156 Member
    I never had firemen just stand around outside my house. :neutral_face:

Sprinklers are cool and all, but as another poster sarcastically stated, nobody has sprinklers in their homes like that. Not unless you're some sort of frou-frou millionaire with a multimillion dollar house and three kitchens and modern contemporary decor. Firemen are a significantly better feature.

Tongue-in-cheek: I guess we can expect a "Service-People Expansion Pack." Hire a maid, a butler, or a babysitter! Accuse your repairman of stealing! Sue the gardener for killing the roses! Become a hotel manager! (Wait, that might actually be fun, so nevermind.)