Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bon Voyage vs. World Adventures.

Comments

• ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    World Adventures was my absolute favorite EP in 3, and I'd love to see a more free-handed version of it in 4. But I would also like to see a vacation resort where sims can just go & have fun.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Honestly I don't even remember Bon Voyage. World Adventures was very enjoyable. I liked it, just wasn't really a thing you bring the whole family along for. I ended up leaving everyone else on free will and just controlled one sim letting him explore.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I like both. I wasn't crazy about WA, but china and Egypt were awesome, but idk if it would be the same without open world
    21mbz47.jpg
  • PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    Bon Voyage. One of my favorites from TS2.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    A little bit of both. I want my sims to be on vacation but still explore and find random and bizarre things
    giphy.gif

• buydebugbuydebug Posts: 197 Member
    I would much rather have a bon voyage vibe, but I'd also be very interested in having my Sims go on vacations to Paris, China, etc., just not as archaeologists. I'm also looking forward to a beach vacation, Vegaslike vacation?, and an amusement park.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Bon Voyage was everything I wanted in a vacation EP even now after all these years. Going on a honeymoon, a fun exploration of cultures without the worry of doing weird "missions" just to be able to get a vacation house! (ugh WA felt like I was playing one of my husband's games :lol: ). A getaway for family and friends to just go and enjoy themselves...not run around to their death lol.

With that said, I thought the worlds themselves (china, paris, Egypt) were nice places. But I actually just wanted my sims to relax and explore freely...not go on a wild adventure, most of my sims bring their kids. Plus the last thing my newlywed couple want to do is go into a smelly old tomb x_x unless they just have a thing for it :lol: .

Mostly I just got really bored from it from the missions in WA, At one point I made the decision to just uninstall it lol. For Ts4 though, I'd love a pretty combination of Bon Voyage and Island Paradise <3.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I enjoyed both, so I would like a combination of both, but I would settle for either one. :smile:

I personally would prefer something like Island Paradise, though, with beaches, hotels/resorts (some of which we can create, own, and run ourselves), swimmable oceans, and mermaids, etc. :blush:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    I prefer Bon Voyage once I fell it had a better vacation vibe. I don't like that we can't choose a hotel to stay in WA, but I liked the peculiar activities that we can do in each destination, like to make nectar and practice martial arts.
  • determigdetermig Posts: 75 Member
    I would love both to be introduced in TS4. I just loved the option to learn and explore other cultures and bring it home to teach other sims. I really liked the panel to see the different things you could do in BV and the vibe of vacation and relaxation itself.

At the same time, adventures/exploration is needed so it is not always about relaxing. I always make some of my sims to be more explorative and adventurous. WA was a new way to explore a location. The only thing I didn't like was the grind.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I prefer World Adventures over Bon Voyage, but I also prefer TS3 over TS2 in general, so there is that. I found Bon Voyage boring and, while I do admit WA was quite unexpected for a sims game with the quest like feel to it, I thought it brought a breath of fresh air to the sims series.

I believe it ultimately comes down to what type of player you are in terms of which one you would prefer.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • PositivibeePositivibee Posts: 52 Member
    A good mashup of both with some of castaway mixed in is what I'd like.
  • lunapball32lunapball32 Posts: 98 Member
    Bon Voyage was a vacation pack for sure.
    World Adventures was an adventure pack.

I would rather, at this point in the game, have more vacation worlds that are relaxing and have games and souveniers. I enjoyed WA and wouldn't mind something like that again in the future but not right now.

Granite Falls is lonely!!!
  • lornalexlovelornalexlove Posts: 106 Member
    edited July 2017
    I had Bon Voyage but I barely remember a thing about it, other than only using it maybe once or twice. It is the least memorable Sims 2 expansion for me, and sometimes I forget it happened. So it's hard for me to compare them. World Adventures is much more memorable to me, and I used it with every family and even made specific families for it. I always wanted to be Indiana Jones :) - Indiana Jones with a wine cellar.
    But I definitely see why other people prefer Bon Voyage. Just different types of play.
    I really like fullspiral's cruise ship ideas!
    happily simming since 2000
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I think the main reason why I wasn't a total fan of WA was because I kept treating it like it was meant to be a vacation pack but it was more of an "adventure" pack and it was fun for a while but I guess I couldn't get into it. Bon Voyage I will say was great. It's been a while since I've played TS2 but I do remember some things about it. It actually felt like a legit vacation for my sims. And the little mementos they could bring back with them were cool too.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    I think the main reason why I wasn't a total fan of WA was because I kept treating it like it was meant to be a vacation pack but it was more of an "adventure" pack and it was fun for a while but I guess I couldn't get into it. Bon Voyage I will say was great. It's been a while since I've played TS2 but I do remember some things about it. It actually felt like a legit vacation for my sims. And the little mementos they could bring back with them were cool too.

If we get a vacation pack, I hope we get the souvenir stand back again. I. too, loved the little mementos you could bring home. If they do, they need to add GF mementos to the stand so we can add the stand to GF.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Bon Voyage. I sent my Sims on 🐸🐸🐸🐸 all the time. WA not so much.
  • UglierPlacebo69UglierPlacebo69 Posts: 54 Member
    Personally, I loved the exploration of WA. I understand it was extremely quest based, but I was able to ignore that and go exploring by myself. I loved Bon Voyage as well, however. Both hold a special place in my heart. :D
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    Bon Voyage and Bon Appetit !!!
    I want beaches, mountains, hotels.
  • kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    Although I like elements of both, it definitely is Bon Voyage for me. I wasn't into the adventure part of WA. I did like learning the songs though, that was like the dances of BV :) (both were something my sims would teach each generation). And I liked that it was going to another country. But I'd prefer a much more vacation-type feel.
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I personally loved the quest style of World Adventures, however I agree that it wasn't exactly a vacation. I'd love to see that style of gameplay in more places in the Sims, but maybe not vacation.

My only complaint was that the puzzles didn't reset, so the gameplay didn't last as long as it could have.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    I liked both. I think they should have differn't places for differn't things. Some pure vacation like, some more adventure. That way you can do whatever you feel like at the time.

I agree with that idea and why my cruise ship as one of the destinations would fit in. Have a couple for exploration adventures, and a couple purely vacation destinations.
    I didn't see the World Adventures as the TS3 equivalent for Bon Voyage, though they did share some similar elements. I enjoyed both of them for different reasons. Adventuring isn't necessarily vacationing. I actually did enjoy the adventures quite a bit, and in Bon Voyage I really didn't like the 'text' style adventures. I preferred buying a vacation home in BV over having to earn Visa status and buying homes in WA.
    Apparently I'm in the minority here, but I enjoyed the exploration and puzzle solving aspect of tomb exploration in World Adventures. I didn't play Bon Voyage, so can't comment on that. I have the Sims 2 Ultimate now, but haven't gotten around to doing that yet. I would like another World Adventures type expansion pack, only less buggy.

I never got to play Bon Voyage. I love WA. I mostly went to China. It didn't bother me that the exploration was basically the same as every time different things happened to my sims. The only thing I hated about WA was that small animals could get away from you and there was no way to stop it so I rarely made it back with the little creatures that I caught; hated that. Also, I hated having to level up and run from person to person. The only thing that made that better was to load up on elixirs. I cheated that way with WA and University. I bought tons of shower in a cans and loaded up on best friend potions.

Personally, I hope that we get both WA type hoods and a vacation on a liner. I'm sure they won't do it, but I would love to have an airport where you can pick out the place you want to go from the lady with the computer like in the hospital. :)

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Bon Voyage. My sims could use a break. As much as I liked WA, I think we have enough goal-oriented activities in the game as is.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Bon Voyage was an absolute favorite of mine!!! :smiley:
  • jedipwncesjedipwnces Posts: 85 Member
    I actually LOVED World Adventures, but got frustrated because it seemed to break my game at the time-- long loading screens, frequent crashes, routing issues. I'm sure my equipment just wasn't up to the task, but it made it hard to enjoy it. I thought the tomb exploration gameplay feature was stellar, though. I get bored with the monotony of the Sim day - go to work, level skills, maintain home, try to keep friends, sleep, don't die. The tombs and vacation worlds in World Adventures were such a great change of pace and really added an element of player engagement that I'd argue we really hadn't seen prior and have yet to see since.

I appreciated Bon Voyage, but it's been so long since I've played that version of the game that I don't remember much, other than three distinct world types and activities to accompany each (winter vacay, beach vacay, camping vacay?). I think some of those elements were incorporated into the festivals in Seasons for TS3, but not all. I'd like to see a sort of combo of the best of both worlds - a little WA, a little BV, a lot of new content.