Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims by Numbers Show - Winner announced!

Comments

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    KAKM61new wrote: »
    Can I ask for more details on how you handled the money? I know you did a conversion from points to $, but how did that work? What did they start with? How did you manage the whole thing? I'm using your show and Rainydayz179's Roleplay Challenge to come up with a plan for my own, but not sure what to do about the money.

I'm leaving money completely out of mine. I used the motherlode cheat, lol.

• KAKM61newKAKM61new Posts: 13 New Member
    @Rainydayz179--I like that idea very well. That way the points can just be for points, and no worries about paying the bills or how to handle paying for food, etc. Thanks for the suggestion! I'm working hard on setting up some rules and a schedule for mine, and considering blogging it. Says something about the game, I think--I haven't blogged a sims challenge since Sims 2. Never felt like it with Sims 3 at all. This one I sort of feel inspired to blog, though.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    @KAKM61new @Rainydayz179
    KAKM61new wrote: »
    Can I ask for more details on how you handled the money? I know you did a conversion from points to $, but how did that work? What did they start with? How did you manage the whole thing? I'm using your show and Rainydayz179's Roleplay Challenge to come up with a plan for my own, but not sure what to do about the money.

Hi again! I too leave out all money aspects. That is, the house was fully equipped from the start, and the group got tons of money in order to move in. I had just a small amount on their common account, say they started off with §1000 or §5000 (not sure), but this was spent for bills only. You can of course chose to keep bills out of the picture too, just pay but without affecting them. My common account was according to a spreadsheet, and not according to the game's cash account, which I totally ignored.

Guess it all depends on what rules you set from the start.

My group missed a coffee machine, especially after visiting the Crumpletons, but I assume coffee would rather disturb them as going to bed later and needing to sleep away more of the day. Would probably require top quality beds to limit that effect.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    My group missed a coffee machine, especially after visiting the Crumpletons, but I assume coffee would rather disturb them as going to bed later and needing to sleep away more of the day. Would probably require top quality beds to limit that effect.

There was a coffee machine already in the house. I never even noticed it until I saw coffee cups everywhere! I guess it adds a bit of a twist.

Sure does, I love the coffee chats etc, have not played a lot with it so I don't know for sure if it's as much of an action trigger as the espresso machines were in TS3. The good thing in TS4 is that sims communicate more, so it would probably be nicer even if takes lots of their time :)
    Thank you both for your suggestions. I have started mine--just created the sims and done day 0 at this point, but I'm excited to play with them more later today. I think I'm going to blog them-- @Simmerville, would it be okay for me to mention it in this thread, in case anyone wants to take a peek at my guys? I can't post an URL (I'm considered a new member despite having had a Sims forum account since there was a forum) but I can let people know where to copy and paste if they are interested.
    @KAKM61new Sure, please post the url here, I'll gladly add it to my blogroll too, as soon as you get going :)
    Yay, report from day 18 is up on my blog! Only 2 more days to go, and I'll let you know I'm done with day 19 (report to be ready for tomorrow), and I still don't know who will be the founder of my legacy! This is getting quite exciting. I had a favourite since the last 4-5 days, but now I realise that almost anything can change, and not knowing who will start my legacy in just 2 days is a bit strange. Hm... well guess I said too much... look out for the day 19 report, :lol:

I'll post top 3 in a separate post after this, meanwhile, here's some pics from day 18:

day-18-06.jpg

day-18-09.jpg

day-18-13.jpg

day-18-16.jpg

day-18-22.jpg

day-18-29.jpg

Only 2 more days oh the suspense!
    edited September 2014
    I feel like Ochana has worn that hat more than anyone else! I put it on my Super Sims too, to honor yours. I have started on my challenge and posted it at simsbynumberschallenge.blogspot.com/ I gave credit to you, @Simmerville, and also to @Rainydayz179's Roleplay Challenge. If you feel like there's anything else I should do to make sure people know these are your ideas, please let me know! I don't want to steal your great ideas.

I have posted an Intro, plus days 0 and 1. Hope you will stop in!
    @KAKM61new Cool, I added your project to my blog roll. I liked your adjustments too :)
    So, report from day 19 is up on my blog!

Today it's the boys' scavenger hunt, the girls' interviews, and it's getting quite exciting score wise as Satisfaction Score was added to everyone's show score! Nothing is decided yet and there is only one day left of the Sims by Numbers Show!

I can't wait to see who will be my legacy founder, I have the legacy contract ready, but I don't know whether it will be Ona, Ochana or Toby. Personally I don't think the other 5 will catch up score wise, but not sure about Fiona... I'll post the legacy contract/rules on the Gloomville Diaries thread in a few minutes.

Well, here's some pictures from the day 19 report. Check out the blog post if you care to read it all!

day-19-02.jpg

day-19-07.jpg

day-19-11.jpg

day-19-15.jpg

day-19-17.jpg

day-19-16.jpg

Report 20, the very last day at the Sims by Numbers house, will be posted tomorrow!

What a surprise with Ona! I can't wait for tomorrow. :smiley:
  • CabsCabs Posts: 127 Member
    Finally got to catch up on this today, and it's been a good read as ever! I can't wait for tomorrow, although I have to admit neither Ochana nor Ona were my favourites. I think I was actually rooting for Toby, but don't think he can go in fora surprise swoop after that last day. :(

Just a random thing I noticed, did the girls gain weight quite a bit while the guys didn't? I'm just wondering because people were saying it might be a bug that sims gain weight and muscle extremely quickly and I noticed with the family I'm playing that the husband is gettin fatter and fatter while the wife isn't (so the reverse case) and I have no idea why as they have very similar lifestyles.
  • Pooky21365Pooky21365 Posts: 114 Member
    I am totally enjoying the show. I'm hoping that Fiona can still surprise us! ;)
    @Rainydayz179 @Cabs @Pooky21365

Thanks guys! I finally know the winner, and it feels a bit weird focusing on starting a long term legacy based on a sim created with a random number, and not actually chosen by me. LOL. But that will be a new kind of start to me, and maybe it's even more interesting when I need to learn that sim to know, too. Founder's personality was there before my imagined backstory, if you see what I mean :)

Report is not ready yet, and you will of course need to wait until tonight, about 10 PM Central European Time - CET :)

@Cabs About gaining weight, YES, you are definitely right. I have been thinking that most of the women gained weight, even Ona who actually worked out a bit. And Fiona who worked so hard in the garden. Now I checked with the day 0 report, and wow, look at how thin Ochana and Sissela were back then! It seems like the game think these sims are 20 years older, while I played with aging off, and there shouldn't be lots of weight gained over just 20 days...
    Winner will be announced in 20 minutes! Report is ready, just not uploaded yet, Yaaay! :)
    The Day 20 Report is up! This means, winner of the Sims by Numbers Show has been announced! I won't reveal the winner here, because the rport got quite exciting, and it will probably ruin the read if you knew before reading. I could never have planned a more exciting voting, haha, randomness rules! :)

If you don't care to read the report, you can check out my new TS4 Legacy called Gloomville Diaries tomorrow. Then you will meet the winner there as my legacy founder :)

Here's some pictures from the final day in the Sims by Numbers show house. PS: house can be downloaded from the gallery!

day-20-04.jpg

day-20-07.jpg

day-20-11.jpg

day-20-13.jpg

day-20-22.jpg

day-20-25.jpg

Congratulations to the winner (I don't want to spoil the surprise!) Thank you for sharing this blog with us, Simmerville. I thoroughly enjoyed the daily read. :D
    @Pooky21365 Thank you! I enjoyed it too, but will hopefully enjoy the legacy even more :)
    Wow, that was a cliffhanger right up to the end! I'm looking forward to hearing about the legacy soon--definitely going to keep following your sims.

I have days two and three up on my House of the Rising Sim blog, too-- simsbynumberschallenge.blogspot.com. We have disagreements, mockery, and FIRE!!!
    @KAKM61new Thanks, glad you enjoyed the excitment, LOL. Great about your new chapter, I just found that I was behind with 2 chapters, will try to find time to check it out tonight, soon midnight here though.

Btw, Gloomville Diaries is alive, just click my signature to get there :)
    Hi Simmerville! I read the first two chapters of Gloomville Diaries and I'm looking forward to more. :D Thanks for sharing!
    @Pooky21365 Thank you! Btw, did you have a link to your legacy in your signature? Somehow it looks wrong that it's empty, LOL, because I wonder if I'm behind on reading :)
    Oh, poor Ochana! That empty house! And selling off the stairs, yikes--that's true desperation. I cracked up at the stalker in the shower, too. Great start--I can hardly wait to find out the rules.

I've got days 4-6 up at House of the Rising Sim-- we haven't had any more fires, but we've got quarreling, cancelled outings, and allegations of corruption!

simsbynumberschallenge.blogspot.com/