Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims by Numbers Show - Winner announced!

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    It's day 11 in the Sims by Numbers house, and the show is more than half way! I'm quite exciting because I'm starting to like most of the contestants! The winner will be my TS4 legacy founder.

The full day 11 report is available on my blog. Here's a few pictures:

day-11-01.jpg

day-11-07.jpg

day-11-09.jpg

day-11-15.jpg

day-11-21.jpg
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    I am loving reading your blog for this challenge. It is so interesting. Great storytelling. :smile:
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 Thanks! :) I think it's fun to explore a new game this way. I was expecting there would be more controverses though, when they all go by free will. Maybe the personalities are just not enough diverse.
  • Options
    > @Simmerville said:
    > Rainydayz179 Thanks! :) I think it's fun to explore a new game this way. I was expecting there would be more controverses though, when they all go by free will. Maybe the personalities are just not enough diverse.

I know in my legacy if I have a mean or evil sim than there are lots of fights when I'm not paying attention. Both traits drive me crazy!
  • Options
    > @Simmerville said:<br />
    > Rainydayz179 Thanks! :) I think it's fun to explore a new game this way. I was expecting there would be more controverses though, when they all go by free will. Maybe the personalities are just not enough diverse.<br />
    <br />
    I know in my legacy if I have a mean or evil sim than there are lots of fights when I'm not paying attention. Both traits drive me crazy!

It's fun though, when sims interact without our directions, and maybe even cause some unexpected situations :smile:
  • Options
    It's already day 12 in the Sims by Numbers house - here's a new report. Today the 8 contestants visit Muggerdale Fair, a community lot I built for the poor district. Full report is on my blog, just a few pictures follow:

day-12-02.jpg

day-12-07b.jpg

day-12-09.jpg

day-12-12.jpg

day-12-16.jpg

day-12-17.jpg

Another report tomorrow! :smile:
  • Options
    Oops! Sorry that I forgot to upload another report yesterday! It was on my schedule, but being out of town it's a bit harder to keep track on everything :) Anyway, here is the report from day 13!

The link goes to the full report on my blog, there you can also find the previously posted reports. The Sims by Numbers Show will last for a total of 20 simdays, and we're there in another 7 reports! Yay! The contestant with the highest score wins the place and becomes my legacy founder! Here's some pictures from day 13 - Literature day!

day-13-03.jpg

day-13-09.jpg

day-13-14.jpg

day-13-16.jpg

Tomorrow is another day - day 14 to be precise!
  • Options
    Report day 14 is now up on my blog! Today there's a cupcake contest in the Sims by Numbers house!

Here's a few pics from the report in case you don't care for the entire report:

day-14-02.jpg

day-14-04.jpg

day-14-07.jpg

day-14-09.jpg

day-14-16.jpg

Top 3 contestants are now:
    1. Ochana Mox, 2350 points
    2. Quatore Virton, 1630 points
    3. Ona Rosewood, 1580 points

I wonder who will win the place and be my legacy founder on this project's 20th day? Will it be Ochana? On September 30 we'll know, as I plan a new simday report every day...
  • Options
    Report from the project's day 15 is up on my blog! I can't believe there are only 5 more reports to go! 5 more days, if I manage to produce one new report every day.

I think it's getting more exciting, and of course there will be more group outings and events for the last 5 days, and more points to win.

Here's a few pictures from the latest report:

day-15-04.jpg

day-15-09.jpg

day-15-10.jpg

day-15-15.jpg

day-15-20.jpg

Tomorrow is another day! And report, of course :smile:
  • Options
    PyliathesunelfPyliathesunelf Posts: 949 Member
    I'm very picky about what I read or what I can tolerate to read! Your stories is definitely my cup of coffee (or tea)! You can tell you have put a lot of work into and had a lot of fun as well. It's very enjoyable and I'm savoring every chapter because it's hard for me to find stuff I actually like to read. ^.^ Thank you so much for sharing these stories with us!

Hello again @Pyliathesunelf ! Thanks again! If you want more stories, I recommend the SimBasic story, it's completed with about 100 chapters, and continues in the Greench Farm story. Both on separate blog accounts, but linked from my main blog :)

Can't wait to get started with Gloomville Diaries October 1st, as soon as the Sims by Numbers Show has ended.

Wow, so much to read! :D That makes me a happy lil' elf! I can't wait to see what Gloomville has in store for us! Also, loving your Sims by Numbers!

• Options
    Oh the suspense! I can't wait to find out about the bills tomorrow. :wink:
  • Options
    Thanks @Pyliathesunelf & @Rainydayz179 :)

Today's report is up in a second!
  • Options
    So, here's the report from day 16 of the Sims by Numbers Show! This report is pretty massive, because there's new info about the remaining 5 days of the show, and there was 2 outings!

And - you might wonder how much those bills were? Is Sissela still in?

Here's a few pictures to sum up day 16:

day-16-02.jpg

day-16-08.jpg

day-16-15.jpg

day-16-21.jpg

day-16-27.jpg

day-16-29.jpg

Another report is up tomorrow - day 17. Drama ahead...
  • Options
    PyliathesunelfPyliathesunelf Posts: 949 Member
    Off to go read right now with a cup of coffee in hand! ^.^
  • Options
    Another awesome report. Poor Sissela, lol.
  • Options
    Pooky21365Pooky21365 Posts: 114 Member
    Really enjoying your "show!" I like how you narrate. Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to Day 17! :D
  • Options
    KAKM61newKAKM61new Posts: 13 New Member
    Hi, Simmerville--

I'm fascinated by this series. Would you consider a post giving us more info about the scoring and how you decided things (like who chose which chores, how much control and how much free will was used, which tasks went with which days, etc.? I'd love to try one of these, but there are lots of details I'm confused about! Thanks for the fun, and I'm on tenterhooks to see which contestant might win the house and the position of Legacy Founder!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @Pyliathesunelf @Rainydayz179 @Pooky21365 @KAKM61new
    Thanks for your comments! It's a lot more fun knowing there are readers out there! :)

KAKM61new wrote: »
    ...Would you consider a post giving us more info about the scoring and how you decided things (like who chose which chores, how much control and how much free will was used, which tasks went with which days, etc.? ...

Sure! Before it all started I set up a rough schedule covering the pick of chores, outings, parties, painting deliveries and a few more details, just to make sure it got spread all over the 20 days. I used a spreadsheet to keep track on both this and the scores.

Thanks to the voting prior to the show, there was already a certain rank on day 1. The rank was important when deciding stuff within the group, like picking today's chore. SuperSim (the one with the greenest plumbob at end of previous day) gets top rank for one day no matter score. The Loser (red plumbob previous day) gets the lowest rank for one day, no matter score. This way there is a certain rotation no matter how big the score wise lead is.

When picking chores, it was mostly based on their aspiration and traits. Adding a little personaly strategy (had to use my imagination), like Toby hoping for a music chore coming later (which did not), and Ona hoping for some athletic chore coming later. And they assumed that he later chores would be the less worthy, as Manager and Accountant was the first 2 and paid very well point wise. When one passed on today's chore option, the next in rank got the chance to accept it.

Same goes more or less for the Sim in Spot that took place every 2nd day for the first half. For the 2nd half I chose to rather follow Super Sim's whims for most of the day, because it seemed less complicated + it would involve the others more.

I must admit that I used each contestant's personal number less than I planned. When a Super Sim chooses whim, it will be affected by the number, but because whims don't change often, it normally turns out that both whims are performed anyway. When contacting a stranger, either on location or based from contact list, the number is used as often as possible. If number is 4, alternative 4 is used. Chef Fabian has number 5 and will normally cook meal number 5. This varies a bit though.

Free will is actually used most of the time! I turn it off only for the morning meeting, mostly because I need a few pictures from the meeting and don't want anyone to get up. The rest of the day free will is on full, even for the Super Sim, but I do of course direct actions for her/him according to whims etc. Also for the chores session, I will direct everyone to 1-3 actions at 10 AM, but if they quit I will let them, and except Fiona spending hours on the garden, most chores are done within 1 hr and free will ticks in. I am a tad disappointed that there are so few intrigues when free will is on 22 hours of the day. I would expect more relations, too. Most of them have 2-3 contacts in the house, but the relations are only 5-10% full, so there's no bold relations. When I check on my other non-played Gloomville houses, most sims have several 50% relations. So I don't think the game balances this in a good way, there seems to be 50% relations out there just added, not based on actual meetings and actions like they were in TS3.
    Like, one day Ona had a love bird relation to a non-household guy (50% friend + 50% romantic). I realize it must have happened because I switched to play the von Kaching house for 24 hours, because they wee supposed to have a 2nd child. So, game created Ona's new lovebird relation while I was "gone". I wish this did not happen, or could be turned off.

Phew, hope this made some details a bit clearer. Please ask more if you like, I'll just stop now while this text block is still not setting a length record, LOL.
  • Options
    I made my Roleplay Challenge with your Sims by Numbers in mind. I love your challenge so much I just had to do something similar.
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 Yay, glad to see you got it started already! I'll check out your reports later today. Seems like your schedule will be good!
  • Options
    I couldn't wait to start. The only problem is I have no idea what to do with the sim with the highest points when the challenge is done. 2 of them rolled hates children so it would be hard to do much of anything with them if they win!
  • Options
    Thank you for the details, Simmerville! That's really helpful. I really wondered about whether you were rolling a die or something to see if a sim accepted a chore or a Sim in Spot. I like that it's not just random, it allows you the freedom to think about their personalities and what they would be likely to think and do.

If I do one, @Rainydayz179, the "prize" is going to be moving into my legacy neighborhood as a free, unplayed but "in the world" sim. It would amuse me to see the winner tooling around town, free as a bird, enjoying the fruits of his or her labor. What draws me so much to this idea is that I'm normally such a controlling sim Goddess, in my other 'hoods no one makes a move without my consent. I would enjoy seeing what they get up to on their own. It's why I get a kick out of ISBI challenges, too.
  • Options
    I couldn't wait to start. The only problem is I have no idea what to do with the sim with the highest points when the challenge is done. 2 of them rolled hates children so it would be hard to do much of anything with them if they win!

LOL, that's a bit crazy, having contestants hating kids. Hopefully they won't be sent to a baby challenge, or you'll be up for a real challenge :)
  • Options
    Okay, I'm working pretty hard on this show, LOL, I had now idea how time consuming it would be. But now there's only 3 days left, because report from day 17 is now up on my blog!

The current scores are like this (not including Toby's surprise):
    1. Ochana: 2250 points
    2. Toby: 1686 points
    3. Ona: 1285 points
    4. Quatore: 965 points
    5. Fiona: 744 points
    6. Fabian: 481 points
    7. Otto: 286 points
    8. Sissela: 136 points

And here's some pictures from day 17 in the Sims by Numbers Show:

day-17-01.jpg

day-17-03.jpg

day-17-07.jpg

day-17-13.jpg

day-17-21.jpg

day-17-25.jpg

day-17-26.jpg

Tomorrow is another day, and another report - 18 of 20!
  • Options
    Can I ask for more details on how you handled the money? I know you did a conversion from points to $, but how did that work? What did they start with? How did you manage the whole thing? I'm using your show and Rainydayz179's Roleplay Challenge to come up with a plan for my own, but not sure what to do about the money.