March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims by Numbers Show - Winner announced!

Comments

• Ace0fJacksAce0fJacks Posts: 58 Member
    Cant wait to see this develop!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,632 Member
    edited September 2014
    @Ace0fJacks Thanks!

First disappointment - will cause me a couple extra hours. I said I equipped the house and it was all prepared for the show. Then I obviously moved out the sim allowing me to check it out. It now turns out that moving a household will remove all furniture etc, leaving it completely empty. In TS3 they normally left stuff behind, and you could choose whether you wanted to keep it once someone moved in. Arg! I will need to redo everything. Hopefully I will remember it all. Unique stiff like paintings will be gone, but hey-ho...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    While you wait for the first report; here's a picture of the project house. Right now the 8 contestants are moving in, and I realize this will be quite hectic :lol:

house.jpg
    edited September 2014
    Hello! And YAY, the 8 contestants moved in, and their very first day (actually day 0) has been reported on my blog! The first report is very long, but that is because much of the day was about introductions and getting to know each other etc. The coming reports will be much shorter! :)

I'll keep the full reports on my blog, Simmerville's Sims. In case there is another top case when you stop by (I do several stories there too, both TS3 and TS4), just look for the Sims by Numbers tag.

day-00-01.jpg

This morning the 8 contestants arrived safely at the house located at Willow Field of Gloomville, but there was nobody to welcome them, just a note on the door telling them to find the FUN room to watch the welcoming video.

day-00-03.jpg

From left to right you might recognize Ochana, Sissela, Ona, Quatore, Fiona and Toby. Sitting there but not seen, are Fabian and Otto.

These 8 contestants will stay in this house for 20 simdays. The goal is to observe their relations and activities when they run mostly on free will. They will get chores as well as opportunities, and it will all be reported here. The first chore to decide is the group's Manager.

day-00-04.jpg

Quatore accepts the Manager chore. At every meeting there will be set another chore, until all of them have chores to do. Each should accept a chore that they find interesting, not just because it might pay more points.

To keep track on the group's common finances, the group now needs an Accountant. Ochana accepts this chore.

day-00-10.jpg

Then it's time to get to know their room mates a little better. Even with no free will Ochana and Ona keep chatting for hours.

day-00-17.jpg

Quatore serves them all lunch. Including some nasty stuff from his ear...

day-00-20.jpg

They all try to build some skills related to aspiration/traits. There is a library in the house, but at the moment there are no skill books there.

Okay, this gets too long (again) - 5 pics on this board must do. If you want to see more head over to the blog, or just wait for another report tomorrow :)
    Just to let you know I've spent the entire weekend on the Sims by Numbers show :) It's more fun after a few days though, because then the contestants begin to build their relations and skills, and they will also get one main chore each, one by one. The second report will be up in about two hours :)

Meanwhile, here's a few more pics from their arrival day:

day-00-25.jpg
    Group gathers in the main hall before leaving for an event.

day-00-32.jpg
    Hmpf, what the...?

day-00-27.jpg
    There was a welcoming event in the local picnic area...

day-00-13.jpg
    Floorplan showing their bedrooms upstairs. Note that the standard varies a bit :lol:

Again, the full reports can be found at my blog, Simmerville's Sims. Some pics and info will also be posted in this thread.
    It's the first full day of the project, and a new report from the Sims by Numbers Show is up! Ceck it all at my blog Simmerville's Sims, or just see some pictures here :)

Today was Sim in Spot day, and a new chore was up for grab!

day01-04.jpg

day01-08.jpg

day01-12.jpg

day01-17.jpg

day01-22.jpg

Expect the next report tomorrow night.
    edited September 2014
    One more day has gone at the Sims by Numbers house! The report from day 2 is now available! Today there was a fire, and there was a group outing to Gloom Garden. Most of the time the 8 contestants go by free will, and it's an interesting way to learn about the new game :)
    Here are some pictures, more in the report.

day-02-02.jpg

day-02-09.jpg

day-02-10.jpg

day-02-17.jpg

day-02-20.jpg

Next report will be posted in about 24 hrs :)
    Post edited by Simmerville on
    I'm reporting daily from the ongoing Sims by Numbers Show! If you missed previous reports, they can all be found on my blog.

Here is the report from their 3rd full day, and the theme for today is Knowledge.

A few pictures:

day03-03.jpg

day03-06.jpg

day03-12.jpg

day03-16.jpg

day03-18.jpg

The report covering this project's 4th day is up! The 8 contestants are doing just fine (for the most), they roam about on free will 24/7 except the morning meetings, and except when there are chores they must do, or challenges they accepted to do. They are pretty good at taking care of themselves, the only thing that is a tad stupid is that they seem to get up to socialize in the middle of the night - I wish the clock would keep them in bed at least until 6 AM...

As usual, the full report is on my blog (way too long for a forum post I think), but I'll keep posting a few pictures here in case you don't care a lot to check all the details :)

day-04-02.jpg

day-04-06.jpg

day-04-13.jpg

day-04-16.jpg

day-04-19.jpg

day-04-22.jpg

The 5th day report is now up, and today there is a party!

The Sims by Numbers Show will have almost daily reports all September. Most of the events include free will, and it's interesting to see what personalities and relations they form. The winner of the show wins the house they are in, and becomes the founder of my new TS4 legacy :)

Read the detailed reports with score ranking and more on my blog, or just see some of the many pictures here. Next report will be up on Saturday!

day-05-05.jpg

day-05-07.jpg

day-05-09.jpg

day-05-13.jpg

day-05-17.jpg

Have you got any favourites among the 8 contestants? Who do you think would be a good legacy founder?
    It's day 6 in the Sims by Numbers Show, and everyone is doing just fine. The 8 contestants are collecting points over the 20 days period, and the winner is the founder of my TS4 legacy.

The 6th report is up on my blog. The reports are too long to post here on the forum, but the pictures below gives you a hind about some of their activities.

day-06-05.jpg

day-06-08.jpg

day-06-16.jpg

day-06-18.jpg

• CabsCabs Posts: 127 Member
    Hey, I just came across this yesterday and just wanted to say this is a pretty interesting read! Actually, I had been planning to something similar (not documented and not as well-structured, just as an experiment for myself), because I'd like so see how this 'emotional' Sims form relationships on free will, when they deliberately don't match. Now I made Sims with pretty different traits and everything, but I'm having trouble finding a house on the Gallery that I find really suitable. I tried building myself, but I'm horrendous and fear my Sims may all have to sleep without a roof. :# So I was wondering if you perhaps woudl offer your house for download. I understand if you won't as it's yours of course and I'd probably redecorate etc. but like I said it's only for myself. ;)
    Cabs wrote: »
    Hey, I just came across this yesterday and just wanted to say this is a pretty interesting read! Actually, I had been planning to something similar (not documented and not as well-structured, just as an experiment for myself), because I'd like so see how this 'emotional' Sims form relationships on free will, when they deliberately don't match. Now I made Sims with pretty different traits and everything, but I'm having trouble finding a house on the Gallery that I find really suitable. I tried building myself, but I'm horrendous and fear my Sims may all have to sleep without a roof. :# So I was wondering if you perhaps woudl offer your house for download. I understand if you won't as it's yours of course and I'd probably redecorate etc. but like I said it's only for myself. ;)

@Cabs Hello! Glad you like the project! It's quite interesting, but I must say I was expecting more relations and more variety. There isn't many of them. Yet.

I just uploaded the house to the gallery. Forgot to tag it, but search my ID = Simmerville, and it's the only house I uploaded. Feel free to adjust it to match your project :)
    And we had day 7 of the Sims by Numbers Show today, and the report is up on my blog. Theme for the day is Romance.

Here are some pictures from the report in case you don't mind all the details.

day-07-04.jpg

day-07-09.jpg

day-07-14.jpg

day-07-18.jpg

day-07-19.jpg
  • PyliathesunelfPyliathesunelf Posts: 949 Member
    Wow! I'm really enjoying this and not only that I checked out your blog and I'm amazed! I'm going to have to do some serious major reading! I just checked out Seagull cottage B&B and gasped! What fantastic screenshots and story! I only ready chapter one so far but I'm hooked! You do some amazing stuff! Looking forward to more of Sims by numbers and your other stories as well! Great stuff!
    @Pyliathesunelf Oi, thanks! :) You made my day! I love creating all kinds of sims stories (and other stories too for that matter), and it's extra fun when someone actually read them :)
  • PyliathesunelfPyliathesunelf Posts: 949 Member
    I'm very picky about what I read or what I can tolerate to read! Your stories is definitely my cup of coffee (or tea)! You can tell you have put a lot of work into and had a lot of fun as well. It's very enjoyable and I'm savoring every chapter because it's hard for me to find stuff I actually like to read. ^.^ Thank you so much for sharing these stories with us!
    Yet another day has passed in the Sims by Numbers house - we're already on day 8, almost half way through! Today there was a group outing to the Gym, and lots more. Every day the plumbob decides who will be Super Sim and who will be the Loser. Many decisions are made based on numbers and most of the time all 8 contestants roam about on free will.

The full report 8 can be found on my blog, but in case you don't care so much about all those details, here's a small selection of pictures :)

day-08-04.jpg

day-08-07.jpg

day-08-10.jpg

day-08-13.jpg

day-08-17.jpg
    The Sims by Numbers Show goes on, and the daily report is ready - report from day 9. The full report is on my blog, and below are a few pictures to indicate some of today's happenings. It's Sim in Spot day, and there is also a house warty!

day-09-03.jpg

day-09-07.jpg

day-09-13.jpg

day-09-16.jpg
  • CabsCabs Posts: 127 Member

@Cabs Hello! Glad you like the project! It's quite interesting, but I must say I was expecting more relations and more variety. There isn't many of them. Yet.

I just uploaded the house to the gallery. Forgot to tag it, but search my ID = Simmerville, and it's the only house I uploaded. Feel free to adjust it to match your project :)

Thanks a lot. That house is amazing, well done! I might as well keep it for when my legacy family has saved up (might take a few generations ;)) Basically I just wanted to see what happens when I stick Sims with different personality traits together without intervening much. I'm only three days in thus far, because I play my usual family as well, but I'm finding it quite interesting thus far though I have to say they all barely have a relationship so far so I get what you mean.

Well, I see you've been proceeding quickly with this project so I will have to catch up on a bit now. :)
  • Pooky21365Pooky21365 Posts: 114 Member
    Hi Simmerville! I stumbled upon your postings here and have been reading your blog. I am amazed! The thought and creativity you put into it is great. Clever and detailed. I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Thank you so much for sharing! ~ Pooky
    Hi @Pooky21365 ! Thanks so much!:) I love to tell those stories, just wish I could spend more time on it :)
    Cabs wrote: »

Thanks a lot. That house is amazing, well done! I might as well keep it for when my legacy family has saved up (might take a few generations ;)) Basically I just wanted to see what happens when I stick Sims with different personality traits together without intervening much. I'm only three days in thus far, because I play my usual family as well, but I'm finding it quite interesting thus far though I have to say they all barely have a relationship so far so I get what you mean.

Well, I see you've been proceeding quickly with this project so I will have to catch up on a bit now. :)

@Cabs Glad you like the house. I think it can be adjusted in many ways, depending on your needs.

About building relations, I found something strange that I'm not sure is intentional from the developers. In the Sims by Numbers house, there are a few green relations, but they are only just about green, not reaching friendship yet. But when I checked on non played households, those sims have lots of FRIENDS. Those sims were created by me, so it's not something that was already in the game. So, it seems sims not being played actualy builds relations easier than those that you play, ha!
    Report from this project's day 10 is up! Today the group visits the Crumpletons at the top notch hood, Upperton.

Again, full report can be found on my blog, while some of the pictures are posted here. Expect day 11 to be reported tomorrow :)

day-10-01.jpg

day-10-05.jpg

day-10-10.jpg

day-10-16.jpg

edited September 2014
    I'm very picky about what I read or what I can tolerate to read! Your stories is definitely my cup of coffee (or tea)! You can tell you have put a lot of work into and had a lot of fun as well. It's very enjoyable and I'm savoring every chapter because it's hard for me to find stuff I actually like to read. ^.^ Thank you so much for sharing these stories with us!

Hello again @Pyliathesunelf ! Thanks again! If you want more stories, I recommend the SimBasic story, it's completed with about 100 chapters, and continues in the Greench Farm story. Both on separate blog accounts, but linked from my main blog :)

Can't wait to get started with Gloomville Diaries October 1st, as soon as the Sims by Numbers Show has ended.