Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dogs give birth to humans?

My sim's child has 2 friends from school whose skin colors are unrealistic, I investigated their family tree using the Maser Controller mod and to my shock they are siblings who are born to a dog couple, how could this happen? dogs give birth to humans?

My sims live in Moonlight falls, I have all the expansions and use lots of mods so it could be a mod's fault.

I'm considering killing the 2 sims, it is too weird :s !

Comments

• Options
    Sasso0o85Sasso0o85 Posts: 16 Member
    I found they live with a human couple, owners of their dog mother, so I will probably just make them their kids, and change their skin color in CAS

I'm not really looking for a solution, mods make everything easy to solve, but I thought it is too weird, and I had to share it ;) .
  • Options
    monia_vukmonia_vuk Posts: 121 Member
    Now that's what's weird, not these TS4 trailers that were released recently.

Never experienced anything like that in Moonlight Falls :/
    But don't kill them! Poor creatures just want to live and be loved :3

Oh, post pics here, so we could see what they look like! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Yes creepy! I took a picture of the family tree and their look in CAS before I changed them, their skin kept a weird shade till I changed their brows, even weirder.

btw they belong to the Nix family which are described in the wiki as "the most normal family in Moonlight Falls.", funny!

I'm not allowed to share links yet so I added a double quote after the http

Family Tree: http"://gyazo.com/f7d68798bea8abe758b6af8d144268ea

The girl: http"://gyazo.com/e616fad4407c6a10d76018766584e459

The boy: http"://gyazo.com/fa4fdf3bbce4fcfa5b9f4108ee67e6e6
  • Options
    My Goodness, what the hell is that?! Did you change the girl's hair or did you find her like that?
    Sasso0o85 wrote: »
    btw they belong to the Nix family which are described in the wiki as "the most normal family in Moonlight Falls.", funny
    Normally, when they write something like that, they don't mean it at all, they just want to emphasize how weird and strange the neighborhood actually is.
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    I have sims walking around completely black like that. I always figured it was some kind of CC error and ignored it. I never thought to look at their family tree.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    > @monia_vuk said:
    > My Goodness, what the hell is that?! Did you change the girl's hair or did you find her like that?

That's just a CC hair I have :smile:

and yes it is a weird neighborhood!
  • Options
    > @CamaroSycopaChic said:
    > I have sims walking around completely black like that. I always figured it was some kind of CC error and ignored it. I never thought to look at their family tree.

You never know what weird things your sims may be doing :wink:
  • Options
    Yes, I know it's a CC hair. What I wondered is, if the game generated that hair for the girl or if you manually changed her hairstyle. Something probably messed up your game big time. I'd move the entire TS3 folder from My Documents and let it generate a new one. I'm not a pro at TS3 but I know that these kind of things can cause a neighborhood corruption in TS2, which is, well, kind of a completely catastrophic chaos that often results tragically :(
  • Options
    > @monia_vuk said:
    > Yes, I know it's a CC hair. What I wondered is, if the game generated that hair for the girl or if you manually changed her hairstyle. Something probably messed up your game big time. I'd move the entire TS3 folder from My Documents and let it generate a new one. I'm not a pro at TS3 but I know that these kind of things can cause a neighborhood corruption in TS2, which is, well, kind of a completely catastrophic chaos that often results tragically

No the game picked the hair randomly, I got bored of that town and started a new one anyway :smile: I do that all the time. Thanks for the advice anyway.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Bah ha ha ha! I want to do that. Only one problem: Sims 3 no longer works for me. :(
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    That's weird! It's like something you'd find in a tabloid! "Baby Humans Born From Dogs" also "Empire State Building Is Made Of Cheese" :^)

Let the laughs begin!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    Do you use Nraas story progression? If so, you may want to check to see if you are up to date. There was an in depth conversation about this over at nraas. It was due to some blocks not being in place by EA.
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    thelovingprincethelovingprince Posts: 42 New Member
    That is some freaky stuff :O
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    > @veiledstar said:
    > Do you use Nraas story progression? If so, you may want to check to see if you are up to date. There was an in depth conversation about this over at nraas. It was due to some blocks not being in place by EA.

Yes I do use most of Nraas mods including Story Progression but I haven't updated since Twallan stopped modding. Is the fix a very recent one? I deleted that town anyway but wouldn't like to see this freaky family tree again :s
  • Options
    veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    I don't remember when the updates happened, but I assure you the updates from the new mod squad at Nraas are safe to use.
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    Saasha26Saasha26 Posts: 58 New Member
    Haha, how strange.
  • Options
    Ninja1478Ninja1478 Posts: 351 Member
    I've never seen a family tree like that before haha but the black skin like that is caused when you remove a custom skin that was being used by a sim.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I know this is an old thread, but animals on the family tree (or humans on pets' family trees) is usually an early sign of game corruption as someone suggested earlier. When encountered, it's only going to get worse much like a spreadsheet where data is displaying in all the wrong cells. The best thing to do is grab your sims and get out -- start them fresh in a new world.

And of course our updated mods are safe to use, but when Twallan retired the highest released game patch was 1.63. Many of the updated versions and new mods require Patch 1.67. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MiyacaMiyaca Posts: 576 Member
    that is so weird even for me who actually spawned a supernatural legacy. I have never imagined dogs giving birth to humans. I wish you have kept playing them just to see how they will turn out.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Miyaca wrote: »
    that is so weird even for me who actually spawned a supernatural legacy. I have never imagined dogs giving birth to humans. I wish you have kept playing them just to see how they will turn out.
    When this happens due to file corruption, it doesn't mean that the dogs really gave birth to humans. It means that the file's data pointers are all mixed up. If played forward, such a game will typically glitch up in other ways until it eventually refuses to load up. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MiyacaMiyaca Posts: 576 Member
    > @igazor said:
    > Miyaca wrote: »
    >
    > that is so weird even for me who actually spawned a supernatural legacy. I have never imagined dogs giving birth to humans. I wish you have kept playing them just to see how they will turn out.
    >
    >
    >
    > When this happens due to file corruption, it doesn't mean that the dogs really gave birth to humans. It means that the file's data pointers are all mixed up. If played forward, such a game will typically glitch up in other ways until it eventually refuses to load up.

I see so it was better to get rid of them then. it would have been really fun though if it really happened and no just because of a glitch. It can make for a really nice sims story.