Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Proposal: New Members Shouldn't Be Allowed to Make New Discussions

Comments

• plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Hey chikiames, what's my Uptime?
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited August 2014
    Wow the same troll over and over. No ,I will go with ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ instead. Considering the pics the person keeps on uploading. There are people with kids that could see your garbage. Keep your creep to yourself, no one wants to see it.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Wow that guy has 400 dislikes. "Impressive." :P
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SmileyGoobSmileyGoob Posts: 112 Member
    edited August 2014
    > @munchie885 said:
    > The thing is these trolls are super determined! They participated and EARNED their points all day long just to screw with the forums 10 hours later...

They sounds sadly like no lifers >:

tumblr_ms1q1af1HH1rjjzhgo1_500_zps5f4a636a.gif
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    I know I'm still a new member, but that won't solve the problem, as Candyr277 said. Don't punish the rest of the new members for one troll.

It's not just for one troll. It's for this one and any future trolls. It's been a big problem lately. Brain bleach all around everybody

• JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    Initial suggestions will certainly enhance site security. Shame to lose out of the avis though :(
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    I propose my mac address banning... Nobody responds. It works very well. It isn't too hard with the new programming they're using on the forums.
  • KrisPerfectlyMeKrisPerfectlyMe Posts: 68 Member
    > @Legendary said:
    > KrisPerfectlyMe wrote: ยป
    >
    > Why?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > To stop them from doing what chikiames has been up to; posting lots of spam threads.
    >
    > And yeah, we need stickied threads for discussion.

I understand, but just because one person is doing it doesn't mean all new member should have to suffer because someone wants attention.
  • LegendaryLegendary Posts: 390 Member
    Not being allowed to have custom avatars isn't suffering; they can still have nice premade ones.

Likewise, not being able to make new threads isn't suffering either. LOTS of forums do it, and if the forum had proper stickied discussion threads for the basics they wouldn't be harmed by it at all.
    I'm just here to see how the fandom reacts to the game coming out.
  • LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member
    I can understand your reasoning. The trolls are having a field day on this forum.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Not being allowed to have custom avatars isn't suffering; they can still have nice premade ones.

Likewise, not being able to make new threads isn't suffering either. LOTS of forums do it, and if the forum had proper stickied discussion threads for the basics they wouldn't be harmed by it at all.

I've been on plenty of Forums where you need to post a certain amount and/or being on the forum for about a week before you can even creat your own thread.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Thread is self-explanatory.

Why? That's pretty stupid.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    I don't think that's a good idea. The moderators seem to be able to kill discussions faster than they can kill comments within discussions.

However limiting the use of custom avatar seems to be a good idea.

And some form of banning the mac address of repeat offenders.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited August 2014
    Thread is self-explanatory.

Why? That's pretty stupid.
    Were you on the boards for the avalanche of Sonic the Hedgehog does Mario marathon or maybe it didn't bother you, idk?
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    I think membership here should have two groups. First, those who register a Sims 3 or 4 base game should be allowed to have a custom avatar and be able to post pictures. All others may have an account, but may not have a custom avatar nor may they post pictures. Anyone who registers a game and abuses the avatar and picture posting privilege should have their base game code banned for membership use. At least it would cut down on the number of times a person could abuse the avatar and picture privileges and would still allow membership without game ownership. Of course, this Idea may be difficult or time consuming to do.
  • DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    Hm. I think no discussions, whilst it would work, might be a little awkward especially if a rare poster likes to ask for lots of technical help :o
    Unless there were stickies around or FAQs to help.
    Some forums only allow new members to post in technical or support forums. Those are more heavily trafficked by mods and devs and so abuse gets caught faster.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
    > @Legendary said:
    > Not being allowed to have custom avatars isn't suffering; they can still have nice premade ones.
    >
    > Likewise, not being able to make new threads isn't suffering either. LOTS of forums do it, and if the forum had proper stickied discussion threads for the basics they wouldn't be harmed by it at all.

I love having my own avatar, I just don't think every new member should be put in a box because there are people on here looking for attention. I agree there maybe should be a limit to how many times a new member can post per day. And if they ban this person he/she can make another account so it really doesn't help with the problem, not in less you have to register a game.
    > @jessathemessa said:
    > KrisPerfectlyMe wrote: ยป
    >
    > Why?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Because of the trolls that are posting large quantities of ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ images over the past couple of days. In threads, creating new threads, in their avatars, on peoples' profile pages, etc.

Yea, I just seen, it's the same person. He/she must not have anything better to do with their time.
  • lolastarlolastar Posts: 6 New Member
    why do you all not want new members to post?
  • JellibugsJellibugs Posts: 7 New Member
    New members need to be able to post since they are usually the ones who need the most help with their game. Punishing everyone for this one persons bad acts won't solve this. He/she/it needs to be banned or they need to give us the ability to block other users so it becomes a non-issue for everyone.
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    I am going to go out on a limb and say this particular troll isn't new at all and has a main account in all of this. Somethings he/she has posted are starting to add up.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited August 2014
    Consider letting the moderators moderate, and not feeding trolls the negative reinforcement they're so desperate for.

I agree with everything else you said, but...
    Does it looks like the moderators are moderating, for you?
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    I guess now that I think about it it wouldnt be fair to punish all new members because of some plum decided to make things awful for everyone. Still I hope something is done soon.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • DatkidDatkid Posts: 430 Member
    edited August 2014
    There should be post limit on new members in my opinion. And also a set of avi's they can choose from. Once a member then they can upload their own.
    Have a look at my gallery yeah? JUMANJIKID
    ap2le.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top