Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Dynasty of Foals - 50 Foal Challenge - 10/50 Reared - UPDATE 8/20

LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
Heyo everybody! In an attempt to keep my Sims 4-want-it-NAO-cravings under control, I started playing a 50 Foal Challenge. I wasn't going to post anything about it at first, but no matter how much of a pain it is to keep track of images and upload, it's much more fun to share. So I'm going to find a happy medium and post a bare minimum of images to catalog the journey. Just in case anyone at all is interested . . . .

Pff, of COURSE you're interested! But before we get to the adorbablez horses, a few notations and whatnot.
  • I'll be following most if not all rules that have been posted here - 50 Foal Challenge Official Rules
  • I've not used any money cheats for my BENEFIT, but I have had to use them in order to 'pay' bills that bugged on me for a while (I didn't want to get a free No Bills Ever reward), as well as pay for a 'cheat.' My sim aged up into an adult before I could discover the Young Again potion on the Chem table. I had the Age Freeze potion from LTHP, so I deleted 5000 simoleons from the household funds (how much it'd cost to make on the Chem table) and then used a mod to give her the LTHP to buy the Young Again potion that way.
  • All foals and adopted sires will be sold after they're grown/used for stud. But ONLY after they've been successfully trained.
  • And finally, I'll be using the 5 mares with 10 foals each alternate rule, for the biggest amount of variety in foals.

Alright, enough with that nonsense. STATS TIME! (And then adorbablez horsies to follow, which is the REAL reason why you're here. It's ok, I understand. :P )

LeFey Stables Breeding Registry

Owner : Sarah LeFey

Screenshot-222_zpsc9e55c95.jpg

Stats : Equestrian, Brave, Loves the Outdoors, Friendly and Ambitious

Founding Mare : Applejack

Stats : Brave, Fast and Friendly / Trained : Agile, Playful, Gentle

Description : A 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Vanner body-type with a unique palamino-style coloring.

Screenshot-19_zps16c6ddc3.jpg

Applejack's Foals

1. Blaze - Colt, sired by Cascade (EQC Stud)
2. Balin - Colt, sired by Breaker (EQC Stud)
3. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 - Filly, sired by Shadowfax (wild Unicorn)
4. Chaser's Folly - Colt, sired by Chocolate Sprinkles (Adopted Wild Horse)
5. Caramel Dream - Colt, sired by Dusk Dancer (Adopted Wild Horse)
6. Smokey - Colt, sired by Bandit (Adopted Wild Horse)
7. Lady Freckles - Filly, sired by Drifter (EQC Stallion)
8. Ajax - Colt, sired from Dauntless (EQC Stallion)
9. Solitaire - Colt, sired from Dauntless (EQC Stallion)
10. Twilight Eclipse - Filly, sired from Sleipnir (EQC Stallion)

2nd Mare : 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Rose

Stats : Ornery, Agile and Neat

Description : An Appaloosa Friesian (coat and build designed by LittleV based off a real horse, Mystic Warrior).

Screenshot-7_zpsc11136d5.jpg

🐸🐸🐸🐸 Rose's Foals

The Ranch
(its current incarnation after several thousand simoleons earned. It definitely didn't look this good in the beginning, lol)

Screenshot_zps18c9cfae.jpg

Images of the foals and some bonus pics to follow! Stay tuned!
Post edited by Lynnwood on

Comments

• LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    edited August 2014
    Foals 1-4

Our first sire was from the questionable bowels of the Equestrian Center, as many are. I went with the all-white stallion with decent traits, Cascade. A few days later this adorable colt was the result. Meet Blaze! (Picture taken at night because I R FOTOG GENIUZ) Born with the Gentle and Brave traits.

Screenshot-210_zpsa15eaa9b.jpg

After a few days of rearing and following his mama round faithfully, Blaze grew up into a handsome stallion. After he was successfully trained he was sold for a couple thousand simoleons. I don't have the exact amount because I didn't think I'd be sharing at this point.

Screenshot-211_zps517e1230.jpg

Our second sire was, yet again, an Equestrian Center stud-muff.in, this time Breaker. Not as good on the traits because we were running low on fundage, but I liked his dark colorings. A few days later and a unique little colt Balin was born! (Die-hard Middle-Earth Fan that I am, I squee'd when the game suggested the name Balin). (Also, ANOTHER night-time photo because GENIUS!) Balin was born with the Fast and Brave traits.

Screenshot-215_zps6c5588ca.jpg

And here he is all growed up. SO CUTE. I love his diagonal white face-stripe. (I failed to get an in-game pic of him before I sold him, because that's just how I roll. Painfully and generally downhill.)

Screenshot-13_zps25591991.jpg

Once it was time for the third foal to be 'pollinated,' Sarah--horse BAWSE that she is--managed to adopt a wild unicorn into the household. I re-named him Shadowfax, and he soon sired this little beauty. AJ's first (and only, to date) filly, 🐸🐸🐸🐸. She was born with the Brave and Agile traits.

Screenshot-219_zpse1aa2ffa.jpg

And here's 🐸🐸🐸🐸 once she was grown. I dunno why she has a beard in this picture, she doesn't in CAS/CAP. -_- Very annoying. Being a unicorn with a lot of points in racing and jumping thanks to her mom being maxed in both, she sold for a LOT of simoleons. LeFey Stables is the house that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 built, for realz.

Screenshot-220_zps14aaa78d.jpg

Our fourth foal is sired by a wild horse that Sarah managed to adopt into the household, which I renamed Chocolate Sprinkles. I like chocolate . . . Ahem, back on topic. It was a little colt I named Chaser's Folly. Chaser was born with the Fast and Friendly traits, and later picked up Noisy from nickerin' at his mama all the time.

Screenshot-221_zpse44abc6c.jpg

And here he is all grown up! I like his color variations, a nice change from AJ's palomino-dominant coat.

Screenshot-223_zpscb3dfcf4.jpg

BONUS PICS

I said that LeFey Stables was the house that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 built, but in reality this little trooper contributed to much of their starting funds. A blue-tick hound named Rusty, a Friendly, Loyal Hunter. He's since been adopted out of the household to make room, but I'll always love and be grateful.

Screenshot-212_zpsff189004.jpg

BRAMBLE FOX - Um . . . who're you?

CHASER'S FOLLY - OHAI! Don't mind me, just gettin' a little drink here. Doodeedoo . . .

SARAH - Don't look at me, I just train 'em.

Screenshot-17_zpsa659482e.jpg

And a nice day-time ride along the river, training Chaser's Folly. Watching the horses be ridden is giving me a unique opportunity to actually see a lot of the town I'd never see otherwise. I tend to stick to the home-lot.

Screenshot-16_zpsd356a3e7.jpg
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited August 2014
    Awesome story! The horses are looking wonderful! Your touches of humor while you write is very entertaining. I'll be lurking. Can't wait for more!

P.S. I LOVE your ranch!
    Yay! Thanks so much for checking it out and leaving a comment! I have to be silly when I write, otherwise I imagine how boring it'd be trying to read it . . . lol. And thanks on the ranch compliment! I usually don't build well, but I'm quite happy/proud of LeFey Stables. I keep adding to/tweaking it so I'll probably add an updated pic eventually. :D
    You're very welcome. Thanks so much for sharing! If you upload the ranch to the exchange I won't complain if you shared a link in the rules forum. (hint hint) :D
    edited August 2014
    Foals 5-7

Update time! This installment we'll be showing off Applejack's # 5, # 6 and lucky # 7 foals. Shall we get started? We shall!

First up we have the adorable--and adorably named, if I do say so myself--Caramel Dream. A handsome colt born from an adopted wild stallion I named Dusk Dancer. Caramel was born with the Quiet and Neat traits, first time that a foal didn't get one if not both traits from super-mama.

Screenshot-20_zpsa48424e1.jpg

And here we have Caramel all grown up, strikin a pose amongst his birthday sparklies.

Screenshot-23_zpsa569dcdd.jpg

Next up, foal # 6, another colt (are you sensing a pattern?) named Smokey. Smokey was sired from an adopted Wild Horse named Bandit (See what I did thar? Smokey and the Bandit? Hur hur hur). This will be the last of the wild stallion studs because adopting them is a pain in the patootie and I only did 3 for the skill challenge. >_< At any rate, Smokey was born with the Agile and Playful traits.

Screenshot-22_zpsc339c813.jpg

And Smokey, all stallion-ified.

Screenshot-32_zpsef601da1.jpg

And last but not least, foal # 7. Lucky because AHMAHGAH I finally got another filly. -_- And she's ADORBABLES!! I give you Lady Freckles! Born from a stallion bought at the EQC named Drifter. Lady Freckles was born with the Brave and Friendly traits.

Screenshot-34_zpsbe6573e2.jpg

And Lady Freckles, all grown and workin' those braids.

Screenshot-42_zpsa17f50ff.jpg

BONUS PICS :

The celestial salt lick is a popular item on the ranch, and as a result I've probably gotten about 20-30 of these guys pop up. I usually sell them but 1k a pop is becoming a bit ridiculous. I think Sarah has about 45k in the bank right now . . . I might just let em be. See how many we can collect. My 100 BC challenge got taken over by gnomes after all, why not my 50 Foal challenge . . .

Screenshot-21_zps665392e1.jpg

Caramel Dream getting broken in. I couldn't figure out why some of my horses were taking forever to get trained and some weren't. Then I realized that they needed to actually be wearing a saddle to un-gain the Untrained trait faster. -_- Fail. SO MUCH FAIL.

Screenshot-24_zps4d97db26.jpg

Smokey scratchin his back in the dirt. This was seriously his absolute favorite past-time. He would roll around over and over again, I found it adorbs. Also, yay for having an entirely black under-carriage. VARIETY!

Screenshot-25_zps1f7434bb.jpg

Being Brave it doesn't happen often, but poor Applejack got spooked pretty badly in a thunderstorm on the way home from a race. Sarah does her best to calm the mare back down. Poor bb.

Screenshot-26_zpse6d643c8.jpg

Lots of horses drinking--and splish-splashin--in your water trough and constantly wearing it down? UPGRADE THAT 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Auto-fill ftw.

Screenshot-29_zps078afeaa.jpg

Sarah DOES do things that don't involve the horses . . . sometimes . . . *shifty eyes*. Enjoying some Gardening channel in her PJs one night before bed.

Screenshot-35_zpsf7e40bb8.jpg

This filly is named LADY Freckles for a reason. She's got all kinds of personality, I love her.

Screenshot-37_zpsf54a3366.jpg

While training Smokey, Sarah decided to take a trot through the festival park grounds.

SARAH - Oh look . . . this must be what normal sims do . . . *whistful sigh*

Yeah, I'd believe your melancholy if every other wish you rolled didn't involve your equine brood. You ain't foolin' me missy.

Screenshot-36_zps569d65d2.jpg

An upright, in-the-sun shot of the Lady. Favoritism? What? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Screenshot-38_zps35eec156.jpg

And finally--hey! Bramble! What're you doing eating our grass?

BRAMBLE FOX - You drink my water, I eat your grass!

. . . fair enough, I suppose.

Screenshot-30_zps0d749429.jpg
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    If I can stop giggling long enough to type, I'll tell you what I think of your Dynasty. I love the foals you're getting, and especially Smokey's face. The game does seem to go on colt kicks at the start of these - I had two fillies in the first seven and only three out of ten. Eventually it evened out though. And yes, upgrading that trough is critical!
    Hahah! Giggles, that's what I like to hear. :) I love to entertain. I was also quite pleased with Smokey's colorings. Still mostly palomino but he got enough of his dad's dark spots to make him interesting and unique. Ty for reading and commenting!
    *comes out of lurking to comment* Thrippa isn't the only one giggling. :D
    My studio's been updated with a copy of the ranch lot, for those interested. There's also a link in the first post, where the picture of it is. I THINK it might still have my sims/horses in it . . . if so, just evict and delete, lol. Sorry about that, I'm not proficient in saving lots.
    @Lynnwood - Rec'd it and downloading the ranch now. :D
  • cmxoxcmxox Posts: 864 Member
    Lynn is doing another challenge?!

READ READ READ READ READ READ READ.

You make me gigglesnort. ^_^
    Hahaha :D Good to see ya! I'm glad I still inspire the giggles. And the snorts. :P
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited August 2014
    SO. MUCH. CUTE. IN. ONE. THREAD.

I love horsies. So much. SO MUCH. GAAAAH.

Of course I'm ALWAYS happy to see you around here, and I've been missing your writing something fierce! Glad to have you back in our world, and I cannot WAIT to see what you come up with for TS4!!!
    Post edited by a_niles06 on
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

I'm still lurking. Looking forward to your next update. :)
  • DweiathecatDweiathecat Posts: 1,005 Member
    edited August 2014
    Awesomeness! And the Lady is gorgeous! I might steal her for my challenge. ;)

Btw, if you get tired of the plastic wrapped horsies... this might interest you. ;)
    3j2i.jpg
    @ A_Niles - ASHLEY!!! *glomp* I've missed you guys as well. I am SO stoked for Sims 4. SO SO MUCH OMG, I can't wait. I already have plans to restart the Goth-ISBI and perhaps some of my other challenges . . . mwuahaha. But as for horses, I'm right there with yah. <3 !!

@ Rawla - Yay! :D Update will be soonish! Applejack is almost finished with her 10 foals, I can't believe it went by so quick! XD

@ Dewiathecat - Halloooo! :D Good to see you found me! I would be SUPER happy and honored if you were to use Lady Freckles in your challenge, I will squee. For realsies. And oooooo . . . *downloads mod* Ty!! The plastic-wrap is getting kind've annoying . . . lol
    Bwahaha....glomp! Yaaaay I'm excited...I saw/liked all your uploads in the gallery so I am excite to restart any of the stories you choose to restart :)
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

Foals 8-10

It's time for yet another update! This time we'll be rounding out the end of Applejax's 10-foal-stretch. I'm surprised at how fast that went. O_o Lets hope we can keep the steam going. On that note, lets get to it shall we?

First up we have foal # 8, a(NOTHER!!) colt, named Ajax. Ajax was sired from an EQC-bought Stallion, re-named Skyfire Ash. He was born with the playful and fast traits.

Screenshot-45_zpsccb51de7.jpg

And Ajax, all grown up. A handsome little guy indeed.

Screenshot-49_zpsfd8ac1b1.jpg

Next up, # 9 is yet ANOTHER colt (omg game), this time named Solitaire. Yay for non-palomino coats! He still managed to get some of mama's white paint markings tho. Solitaire was sired by an EQC stallion named Dauntless, and was born with the Fast and Playful traits.

Screenshot-52_zpsc83fed8f.jpg

Here he is all grown.

Screenshot-54_zps97d6275e.jpg

And finally we have colt # 10, finallyyyy another filly. I named her Twilight Eclipse. She was sired from yet another EQC stallion named Sleipnir (I kept the default name, Viking-respect-yo). She was born with the Friendly and Obedient traits.

Screenshot-55_zpsd4ea492f.jpg

And here's the big girl, all grown. I like the randomness of her coat.

Screenshot-2_zpsda0cf376.jpg

Well then, that marks the end of Applejack's rein as brood-mare. She'll spend the rest of her days on the ranch, doing competitions and/or lazing about in well-deserved retirement. Instead, we hand the torch over to our next super-equine-mama . . . *drum roll* . . . .

Introducing 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Rose!

Screenshot-7_zpsc11136d5.jpg

The first post will have all her particulars listed, if you're interested in them. Here's hoping for some adorable spotted babies!

BONUS PICS :

Applejack and Ajax rolling around in the grass/dirt. Like mother like son.

Screenshot-46_zps26a4636c.jpg

Some updated shots of the ranch. During the day . . .

Screenshot_zps18c9cfae.jpg

And at night . . .

Screenshot-6_zpsf8dfe5b0.jpg

The awards that Applejack managed to accumulate so far. She's won Beginner and Advanced in all 3 categories, but so far I've only managed to win International in Racing. I can only get up to 2nd place in the others. -_-

Screenshot-4_zps8ef3e196.jpg

Just Sarah, training Twilight on the jumps. Like a bawse.

Screenshot-3_zps75e86bd5.jpg

Sarah finally found something to spend her ridiculous amount of simoleons on. Introducing the newly minted LeFey Regional Equestrian Center. That's right, she bought it out. BAMF.

Screenshot-60_zps5c1147aa.jpg

And finally . . . it's a full-scale invasion. O_O The pony-gnomes are named the following ; Seabiscuit, War Admiral, Secretariat, California Chrome, Man o' War, Seattle Slew, Genuine Risk and Seldom Seen (the last 2 of which aren't pictured, they're in hiding). And the two bunny gnomes are Flufflebottom and Floppster. Official count - 9 Zenyattas, 2 Easter. Watcher help us all.

Screenshot-59_zps7769db86.jpg
    Hahaha and the gnomies make a comeback....yay! Love it.

Your horses are all soooo pretty! Unique coats, love 'em all. Can't wait to see 🐸🐸🐸🐸's bbs!!
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

The gnomes . . . I just thought I could escape them. How wrong I was . . . lolol. Yay, I'm glad you like them! I think they're pretty darned cute my own self. I can't WAIT to see 🐸🐸🐸🐸's bbs either, I just know they're gonna be cuties.
    Now, knowing your luck, this challenge will go way too fast and you'll be done with, like, a week left before TS4 releases and you'll be dying haha.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

LMAO, I know . . . that would be so horrible. XD I already can't wait til TS4, like . . . for reals.
    I'm getting a lot more excited the closer it gets. I'm still pretty sour over the toddlers/pools thing (I know, I know, I'm lame.) But I'll get over it, I think, because all the gameplay footage I've seen I love. And I can't wait to get my hands on that build mode. Gosh.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

Yah, I might finally be able to build decent houses! Yaaaay! Lol, I'm not as angry about the toddlers or pools, myself. Pools especially, I very rarely actually used them lol. And toddlers . . . I dunno, they were fun but in the long run didn't really add much to the game-play. But EEEE I love all the neat little things like walking up the stairs at the same time, the multi-tasking, the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 DANCE!!! Lolol. CAN'T. WAIT.

Btw, my Goth-Sanity ISBI . . . I'm gonna have Alexander be my founder. :P Since he wasn't the heir last time, and he's child age (just like Morty was). :D