Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Rules - 50 Foals Challenge (Sims3)

Comments

• ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    Some people might consider any mods as cheating, but a lot of people consider at least some mods mandatory to playing the game. I use Master Controller myself (and a lot of people do as well). It's not an official competition, so people use mods or bend the rules as they find fits their playstyle best. I think the main rule is, if you upload a horse with a mod, be sure to give credit and let people know where the mod is from, otherwise, have at it!

The challenge is a lot of fun. I switch neighborhoods every ten foals to help clear excess memories/conflicts/ what-have-you, and also to change the game up a bit. The first time I moved, the family mounted up on the horses and rode to the new world, with the last foals following behind. The second time, the horses took a boat offscreen and the humans took a taxi! :D Welcome to the challenge!
  • Animal_SimmerAnimal_Simmer Posts: 79 Member
    Thank you! I have been working outside today so I didn't see this earlier. Also, I have been in Birmingham. I just wondered if that would be frowned upon. I wanted to know before I started my 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th? Gameplay of this. Lol
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Thank you sooo much @Thrippa for answering. :heart: I have not been feeling well lately and have been on semi-hiatus.

@Animal_Simmer Welcome to the challenge! What @Thrippa said is correct. Happy Simming! I can't wait to see your progress. :smiley:
  • madhu_vatimadhu_vati Posts: 406 Member
    I know I completed my challenge a few years ago so this might not be relevant here, but my foals challenge has a new home here https://prairieanddesi.blogspot.com in case anyone wanted to read it. I put it on the blog last year, so it would be easier to navigate the story, then earlier this week fixed all the pictures after discovering that photobucket broke them all :s . I don't think I will fix the pictures in the original thread as it will take forever, and I doubt anyone has seen it in years. I have been really out of the loop for a while though, and need some time to catch up with some of the other challenges that people have going.
    Rainbowcy: story home, forum thread
    Completed 50 foals challenge: Prairie and Desi
    I remember Prairie and Desi! I can understand not wanting to repair photos twice; I'm redoing my own thread which was up to over a thousand pictures. I'll have to look up the blog and revisit your story.

• madhu_vatimadhu_vati Posts: 406 Member
    edited September 2017
    Thanks Thrippa :) . At least the blog let me upload screenshots directly there so I could just paste the pictures in where they were supposed to go. As long as I just worked through one post at a time, uploading them in batches once I figured out which ones I needed, it wasn't too bad. Honestly, I mostly fixed the blog because my daughter wanted to reread it lol. I don't think anyone would get anything out of me fixing the original thread, being over four years old by the time I finished it. I don't think I got to read any of your story before my rather long break from the forums/the sims, but I am working my way through it now. Your starting stallion is gorgeous, and I think your starting story for why your sim is attempting this challenge is very creative :) . About how many more pictures do you think you need to fix?

edit: Nevermind, hit the last of the pictures on page three....now to decide if I want to wait to keep reading so I can see the pictures too, or just keep going so I can find out what happens :D
    Post edited by madhu_vati on
    Rainbowcy: story home, forum thread
    Completed 50 foals challenge: Prairie and Desi
    I'll put some more up today; I had to go to the dentist this morning which held things up. Thanks for the compliments, and I will get them all up. I have two new foals to add, as well.
  • bebasimbebasim Posts: 581 Member
    Hi all new to sims3 (after playing sims 2 for some time) but i'm in love with sims 3 especially the horses, found this 50 foals challenge and wondering if it's still running? It sounds like a bit of fun to try.
    Welcome @bebasim! Some are still playing this I believe. Enjoy the challenge! Feel free to share your screenshots and progress here if you like.
    Thank you Rawla. I am new to all this especially writing on the forum. I have done a lot of reading and just started playing Sims3 it's soo much more to learn than sims2. However it's the horses part that got me going.
    I have started my blog page (which i only found out tonight I had opened years ago but forgot about. There i have started the story and progress of the challenge. Mainly for my personal records but anyone who wishes to read is more than welcome.
    https://www.blogger.com/profile/17142742612490589365
    I am apologising in advance as this is all so new to me, i might end up asking silly questions :)
    I have added your blog to the list. I love the mares you've begun with! Questions are never silly. Have fun!
    Thank you Rawla - How do i find the list? Or is that you personal list? I would love to follow others who are doing this to see how they are coming along too?
    Also i saw somewhere during my hours of reading, (which got me wanting to try this challenge) from other members that you can buy or get horses to use at stud eventually? But I'm not actually sure how to do this or how to find members who have stud available? I still haven't worked out how to upload my sim profile picture *blushes with embarrassment*

Thank you in advance and thank you I do love my girls too, i'm so excited foal number 2 was born yay. Story is unfolding. so exciting lol
    bebasim wrote: »
    Thank you Rawla - How do i find the list? Or is that you personal list? I would love to follow others who are doing this to see how they are coming along too?
    Also i saw somewhere during my hours of reading, (which got me wanting to try this challenge) from other members that you can buy or get horses to use at stud eventually? But I'm not actually sure how to do this or how to find members who have stud available? I still haven't worked out how to upload my sim profile picture *blushes with embarrassment*

Thank you in advance and thank you I do love my girls too, i'm so excited foal number 2 was born yay. Story is unfolding. so exciting lol

The list is on the first page. 2nd post I believe, right under the banner code.

Sounds like you're making good progress already. One way to buy a stallion is at the center. Or you can adopt one via phone/computer, I think. Its been a long time since I've played. I'll have to refresh my memory.

As for uploading your sim profile picture, 1. click on your name. 2. Hover over the current avatar. You'll see a "change picture" option at the top of that avatar. (Not sure if you can change your avatar or not if you aren't a full forum member yet. But that is how I can change mine. Hope it helps.
    Thank you so so much Rawla, I can't find that option so maybe because i haven't posted enough or I'm new, either way thank you i'll have to bookmark this comment and use it at a later date :)

Thank you for all your help it's very much appreciated! :)
    Thank you so so much Rawla, I can't find that option so maybe because i haven't posted enough or I'm new, either way thank you i'll have to bookmark this comment and use it at a later date :)

Thank you for all your help it's very much appreciated! :)

Its my pleasure! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Happy Simming!
    @bebasim For stallions, go to (or place, if your world doesn't have one) an Equestrian Center and you can buy horses, or take a mare and breed her to one of the Center's stallions. Adoption is another option. You can also make horses to add into the family, or download horses from the Sims 3 forum; many of us have a list of horses we've uploaded, with links. Mine, for instance, are here, about 7 posts down. I have a stallion for my challenge, so I don't get to breed at the Equestrian Center; all of my mares are either handmade or borrowed.

(Adding horses into a family from the Town screen adds funds, same as with any addition. This can either be removed with cheats or ignored, as you please. You can't play a family of only horses, but you can make a family of just horse(s) and add it to your house of humans.)
    Thank you Thrippa I did read somewhere some people put uploaded horses up, some of the horses in the EC are a little bland :( so i wondered where else one could go. Thank you. Once i have used all the horses in the EC at stud and brought a few i might look into some uploaded ones for sure.
    Just an updating note, I have had some issues with my pc and the game i was playing, some of the horse script error went all weird on me, and caused me to start again. I am just working on updating the blog before i continue game play, which means re writing everything, but thanks to hubby it seems to be working now. As I have had to make some changes to characters... I will release more in the blog. I have Sadly due to both mares i had and the stallion all went a little blah I'm starting from scratch sigh, non the less it makes for an interesting story i may add :wink: . Non the less it's kept me on my toes, and thank goodness i didn't lose my main character :smiley:
    @bebasim Its sad that you had troubles and have to restart. It could make for an interesting story twist, that's true. I'm also glad you did not lose your main character. Hang in there.
    @Rawla no thank goodness, yes the twist is great i actually took a screen shot of one of the horses, it turned into a custom horse and lost all it's spots until the script error crashed the game. It was funny in a way as my sim just got to mount the horse and has this funny expression looking at it, as if she knew the horse crashed too. When i can post photos I'll have to share it lol
    I am grateful my hubby is very computer savvy and actually managed to save my world and character but not the horses. Non the less the story can go on *grins*
    A Silly question but @Rawla or anyone who can help with the answer?
    I am wondering if i need to start again with my foal count or just keep going? As I have different mares now and as mentioned before my earlier game crash issues
    sorry for the silly question but just curious.
    Thank you in advance :blush:
    Your choice. If you've completely started over - people and horses - it's probably better to restart the story. If, say, you saved the main Sim character, you could have them trying to continue a project after disaster struck. It all depends on how you want to work it into your story, or start the story from scratch. (Or maybe, new Sim had heard about old Sim's goal and wanted to commemorate it by succeeding where they'd failed, or something.)
    A Silly question but @Rawla or anyone who can help with the answer?
    I am wondering if i need to start again with my foal count or just keep going? As I have different mares now and as mentioned before my earlier game crash issues
    sorry for the silly question but just curious.
    Thank you in advance :blush:
    Thrippa wrote: »
    Your choice. If you've completely started over - people and horses - it's probably better to restart the story. If, say, you saved the main Sim character, you could have them trying to continue a project after disaster struck. It all depends on how you want to work it into your story, or start the story from scratch. (Or maybe, new Sim had heard about old Sim's goal and wanted to commemorate it by succeeding where they'd failed, or something.)

Like Thrippa said, totally up to you. :smiley:
    Thanks for answering Thrippa. <3
    @ Thrippa (both of your for your replies) thank you very much for answering, yes my human sims were fine it was the horses i lost. Ok thank you i will continue as I have the story all continued on nicely after the 2 disasters, makes it almost like a tv drama series lol
    Thank you both on your replies much appreciated. I wasn't sure if there was a rule for it or not, I would prefer to continue :smiley:
    I must say i can't wait to post a thread so i can show photos i got 2 babies last night and omg they are gorgeous!!.
    Now i'm off to have my coffee and read my fellow challengers stories for a little while xo to all
    Happy simming.
    edited October 2017
    My fellow simmers,
    I don't know how you guys all do this? I am struggling here. I am up to foals number 15/16 and the amount of horses I have got now (not to mention children and grandchildren sigh) My heart is breaking to let some go.
    I have 2 unicorns (father and daughter) and i just can't part with the father, (daughter is my new breeding mare - so she's staying as she was the last one of my favorite main mare), even tho he's done his dash in the breeding i adore him, my main sim does too. He follows her everywhere. I'm watching one of my mares who is now an elder and is on her last few days too.. omg i know it's a game but... seeing the spirit of the last mare and the family dog, actually made me cry.
    Darn if i knew this was going to be so hard. Some pets are harder to get rid of than others. These latest foals i have, have so much personality and character it's tearing my heart out lol
    How do you do it? lol