Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• boopishboopish Posts: 143 Member
    > @Acarb90 said:
    > For the record, here's what i have tried so far:
    >
    > messaged the sims on facebook
    > wrote on Simguru Drake's wall here
    > emailed EA
    > DM'd SimguruDrake on twitter
    > Messaged someone in charge on the EA forums
    >
    > I hope this doesn't get me in trouble, or that they think I'm a troll. I just really think this issue should get fixed! I've only been waiting a week or so to become a member. I feel more bad for everyone that has waited over a month =(

I did all of this a month ago, and at that point it had already been going on for a while, and then I just left the forums. Nice to know they still haven't fixed this very simple issue. @SimGuruDrake told me the forum team was working on it, but I know from personal experience with Vanilla forums that it wouldn't take this long to fix.
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Yea I'm starting to get the feeling that they just really don't care enough about the forums

I will still try to contact ea. I understand that they are busy or whatever, but they could easily just fix it or appoint moderators. There are plenty of people here that should be trusted to moderate.
    THIRTYT(2).png
    Currently live chatting with EA

*fingers crossed*
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • SimGuruSteveSimGuruSteve Posts: 125 SimGuru
    Hey, I was searching for some other stuff on the forums and stumbled into this thread and the New Member issues. SimGurus have a few elevated permissions including to the forum management dashboard and I THINK in some convoluted way I found the right setting that MIGHT need to be changed.

However I don't think we (the dev team) have ever normally dealt with forum settings before - we probably just ship it to the Vanilla developers, so I'm going to wait for some feedback before I go flipping switches. I mean, for all I know there's a reason these settings are that way, but as an engineer I really just wanted to poke around to see if it was something I could fix.

Best case, I get some emails back and am given the green light to muck with the settings.

Worst case, I'm given the green light and I royally plum up the settings... ...

Either way, we're in for a ride, right? Sorry it hasn't been fixed yet - here's hoping I can escalate it a little. If you don't get fixed by next monday (when people are absolutely, definitely back in office), then someone tag me here or on twitter to remind me.

@Acarb90 @boopish @SchnapsPeach @MirkaKaroliina @reanseih @CitySimmer16 @samemie @zombiesue @somethingstellar @LadyLilySophia @superkyle221 @PatchouliNitt @SimlishPopstar @Goldilock @John4est @Katiekinsie @JENNIFERZ77 @meerkattime @RinieSilme .... I'm gonna stop at 3 pages back.

@rosemow @lisasc360 @SimQARobo for visibility.
    Guess it worked!!!!! :)

Thank you Jaycee on live chat and @Simgurusteve!!!!!!!
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • PatchouliNittPatchouliNitt Posts: 78 Member
    Thanks @SimGuruSteve I hope it gets fixed soon
    39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
    Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • minjee_kangminjee_kang Posts: 285 Member
    @SimGuruSteve Awesome! Hope it gets dixed soon :)
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    @SimGuruSteve Thank you! Really reassuring to see that it's actually being looked into.
  • SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    @SimGuruSteve
    Well that's horrible, I'd love to have my account as a proper member, despite me not remembering the exact requirements. I believe it was 50 points right? When I first came to these forums I immediately left due to me finding it so complex!
  • SchnapsPeachSchnapsPeach Posts: 58 Member
    @SimGuruSteve
    Thank you so much, you're awesome! <3
  • reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    @SimGuruSteve well that is awesome news indeed. In the meantime I did find myself a foreign forum but well... I'm better at typing English lol. Hope you manage to fix it! If not, still thanks, someone cared and that's enough for me. :)
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    @SimGuruSteve thank you so much for giving light to this forum issue <3 It's so great that gurus do listen and care about us the fans and though it is a little frustrating at first but I have confidence in you as an engineer and that you will be able to fix the problem :D
    FFCOojX.gif
  • TsukihasbeenhereTsukihasbeenhere Posts: 46 Member
    @SimGuruSteve Thanks for giving us an update. It's been pretty depressing coming back every day and seeing nothing new. We appreciate hearing from you!
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Yaaaas thank you @SimGuruSteve I'm glad to know some eyeballs are on this now
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • AnduarAnduar Posts: 156 Member
    I'm not sure why it took a month or it to be noticed at all, but, can't wait.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Anduar wrote: »
    I'm not sure why it took a month or it to be noticed at all, but, can't wait.

SimGuruDrake was notified of this not too long after it happened and someone claimed that she was having someone looking into the issue after she had gotten posts made on her page and from PM's from other users. These things take time as they need to find out actually where the system was broken from the update last month which is probably why it hasn't been fixed yet...
  • zombiesuezombiesue Posts: 148 Member
    @SimGuruSteve I appreciate you looking into this, even if nothing comes of it =) I want to share stuff!
  • AnduarAnduar Posts: 156 Member
    > @lisasc360 said:
    > Anduar wrote: »
    >
    > I'm not sure why it took a month or it to be noticed at all, but, can't wait.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > SimGuruDrake was notified of this not too long after it happened and someone claimed that she was having someone looking into the issue after she had gotten posts made on her page and from PM's from other users. These things take time as they need to find out actually where the system was broken from the update last month which is probably why it hasn't been fixed yet...

That's nice. But an official forum post from the Gurus would have been great, if they had seen it this whole time.
    Instead, they let a bunch of confused new members drag up old threads every which way in utter confusion and did nothing about it. This whole thread is a testament to how information is extremely important.
    They could have handled this much better than they did.

Does this forum have mods?
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Have to say I agree. Even if they have been working on it for the entire month I thought they'd given up and forgotten about it because I hadn't heard anything since SimGuruDrake's twitter reply. And of course, many people wouldn't have known that anyway, I only stumbled on it by chance. But regardless it's nice it's been acknowledged here now with a little more explanation than 140 characters can give haha.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    @SimGuruSteve You are the best! Thank you so much!
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    @Anduar

That's why I had to go to ea about the issue. No-one here was acknowledging the issue
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • vickyloovickyloo Posts: 134 Member
    I really hope this is sorted by Monday as i have kinda not bothered too much with the forums. Its annoying when you have the points been on here for like ever and can't join in discussions by showing screenshots/making posts of your own etc
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top