Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

building in Sunlit Tides

Hi, i have a problem and i can't seem to find the solution for, so i started playing in the Sunlit Tides and Im in love with this neighbourhood, Im so inlove that i found gorgeous resort that goes perfectly with the beach theme.
The problem is, this lot is 64x64 and to place it i have to edit the town and add a lot of 64x64 but in water because there is no space in land, i place the resort on that on water lot and it just looks so weird, either it raises from ground or goes under and the thing is this resort has 3 leves under the ground floor ( is huge I know ) is there any way to sort of create land on that neighbourhood sort of like where the Mango's military base is? So it not like the resort is in the water weirdly looking and have to nearly swim to get to it its just so ugly.
Any explanation of what to do or any idea much appreciated

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Why don't you use an existing 64x64? I believe there are 2 rabbitholes on that size Lot - the school and the city hall. You could re-build the rabbithole on a smaller Lot, cos they don't really need all that room. Then place your resort where the rabbithole used to be.
  • dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    Do you have a link to the resort you're using. It might help if we could see what your working with. I love Sunlit Tides and play there often.
  • chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    @dizzydee_k I think that is Hobart's Hideaway renovated which is available in Island Paradise.
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    it's just a matter of finding the right location with the right ratio of land to water...so you'll just have to play around until you find the right spot.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    The ground slopes much more shallowly on the shore in Sunlit Tides than on Isla Paradiso that lots from the one - especially coastal lots - place poorly. I ran into similar trouble trying to place a beachfront home I had built in Roaring Heights there.

My advice is to simply build from scratch, for Sunlit Tides, in Sunlit Tides. It is the simplest way to avoid the kind of problems you're experiencing. I never did get my beach house to fit. But I have come up with some fun new designs on site.