Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited February 2018
    @Pirate I do believe this will sometimes depend on the keyboard (it does for the enlarge/shrink cheat), but it should be Ctrl+9 to move it up, and Ctrl+0 to move it down :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    First off..congrats to @nhuband for winning the Hawthorne Sim challenge! Yay!
    I guess I'm first out the gate again

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #89 - The Hawthorne Project VIII
    FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LEVEL:Expert
    LOT: Affordable Family Home
    LOT COST: 2000
    LOT NAME: Garden Essence, Willow Creek
    BUILD COST: 42993
    TOTAL COST: 44993
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/a29YB
    ENTRY DETAILS: Trashed 4 builds before I went looking for house images on google to base my build on. It has 4 bedrooms and 3 baths, game console in family room as well as toys. I wanted to keep the lawn lean and green but succumbed to a few rocks, aloe plants, flowers and extra trees. I'll add more notes to the slide show.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: absolutely
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:jZ9L2R0.png
    7e1Qr4r.png
  • Options
    maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    CHALLENGE #BnS89 - The Hawthorne Project VIII
    FORUM ID: maryjane2joe
    ORIGIN ID: 88th-Bombgeek
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT ; https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A4391EFD19C311E886A1669D2BDA5436?fb_action_ids=1998718247115704&fb_action_types=simsfour:share?fb_action_ids=1998718247115704&fb_action_types=simsfour:share
    LOT TOWN: Brindleton Bay
    LOT COST: 3000
    LOT NAME: Dewdrops & Whispers
    BUILD COST: 41,962
    TOTAL COST: 44,962
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ixujv
    ENTRY DETAILS: I felt it was important for Abagail and her children to have a home as upscale as possible within the budget and yet a feeling of happiness in the home for the entire family in hopes they can begin healing and living a life full of joy. I decided it was in good faith to allow them each a bedroom for complete privacy in the difference of their goals and personalities. Therefore it is a 4 bedroom 2 bath spacious home with a fireplace and completely ready to move into.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

eMUI4lp.jpg

nFzMntA.jpg

285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited February 2018
    @Ainsleyf well done, you got a lot into your build on such a tight budget. 3 bathrooms....WOW! I also did 4 or 5 attempts before deciding to go with my current build.
    @maryjane2joe beautiful home, however you may want to take some time and work on your budget. Gallery cost is your build cost and does not include the lot cost. So your lost cost is 3000 and your build cost is 44962 putting you at 47962. I just thought I would mention it, so you would have time to fix it.
  • Options
    maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    edited February 2018
    gmcrozier wrote: »
    @Ainsleyf well done, you got a lot into your build on such a tight budget. 3 bathrooms....WOW! I also did 4 or 5 attempts before deciding to go with my current build.
    @maryjane2joe beautiful home, however you may want to take some time and work on your budget. Gallery cost is your build cost and does not include the lot cost. So your lost cost is 3000 and your build cost is 44962 putting you at 47962. I just thought I would mention it, so you would have time to fix it.

@gmcrozier Thank You!! I never knew that before so i'll keep it in mind on my next build. At this point, i'll just allow myself to be disqualified; if it comes to that. I am happy with the build itself and i'll count it as a learning experience mostly because even if I drop it on a cheaper lot it would still be over the budget and I did everything so cheap that.. there really isn't anything I could delete and not be happy with my build. Once again tho... thank you very much for bringing this to my attention!! It was absolutely kind of you because this is important news!!
    285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited March 2018
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/311D7C831D9511E882250B3BD110552B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=gmcrozier&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Cottage Am See, Windenburg
    BUILD COST: 43,322
    TOTAL COST: 44,822
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/xkTky
    ENTRY DETAILS: Location, location, location. This charming country home is nestled in between the trees and surrounded by water on 3 sides. Ideal for Byron's love of the outdoors and inspiring views for Lily's creativity. Not to mention the quiet so Chloe can study to become a doctor.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    YwbwP9A.png

UyhBiwm.png
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS88 A FAIRY TALE COTTAGE

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    FORUM ID:Xraygrl2004
    ORIGIN ID: Xraygrl2004
    LOT:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FCF0015C1E1C11E889F33353F6B8CB24
    LOT NAME: Havisham House, Windenburg
    BUILD COST: 43,481
    TOTAL COST: 44,981
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/yV1PV
    ENTRY DETAILS: Nestled in the heart of Windenburg, this 4BR 2 BA home just screams charm. Beautifully landscaped with a small vegetable/herb garden in the back, this home is close to many activities perfect for those family outings. Each room has been decorated for each family member's personality. The only thing missing is a pet, but have no fear, there's plenty of room for all the pet care essentials.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    iC5yUDD.png
    B3TBvTm.png
    Rke3QSo.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks so much @gmcrozier!!!! AND you are so right about location...I love building on that little lot! Such a pretty family ranch! Love all the dark blues and the kids rooms and the great shingled exterior with white trim - great landscaping! Wonderful family home!
    @maryjane2joe - love the splashes of bright color against the white brick. Cool wrap around porches and upper level gazebo too!
    @xraygrl2004 - Great choices for wall patterns and furniture..really like the sim created art and use of debug clutter. Nice!

• Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Hi all! It's been awhile since I posted here...

FORUM ID:Mannanna
    ORIGIN ID: Mannanna
    LOT: Windenburg Tudor
    LOT NAME: Old Quarter Inn, Windenburg
    BUILD COST: $43,483
    TOTAL COST: $44,983
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: here
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is a build I redid to fit my game and had no intention of entering until I read the new challenge and thought I might get away with staying within the budget. The outside was all done and I wanted to keep it close to the way it was so interior decorating suffered. Been a long time since I even felt like building so this is good for me :)

ptLOaK6.png?1
    cGLIF4T.png
  • Options
    leochick123leochick123 Posts: 78 Member
    @Laebeth Thanks for the tips, hoping I can actually make everything go a bit smoother this time around :) [Edit] Okay so I think the main problem I had with the pics wasn't the [img] tags it's that I can't post links so technically it still reads it as a link first, gotta love not posting much, right?

@BuildnShare Thank you so much! Sorry it took so long to respond but thank for making the pics "live" xD :)

@Ainsleyf Thanks for the comments on my last entry, it meant a lot and it helped that you pointed out specifics too :)

FORUM ID: Leochick123
    ORIGIN ID: Leochick123
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: ea[dot]com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/779442E31E7811E88B10E32AF1FE294B
    LOT COST: 2,500
    LOT NAME: Riverside Roost
    BUILD COST:42,342
    TOTAL COST: 44,842
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur[dot]com/a/DNiKe
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decided to make sure that Lily could have her own room so from the very start I knew I wanted 4 bedrooms. I tried to add in some decor to really show off each Sim's personality, although I was at a loss for what to do with Abagail's Room. I also tried to make the home a decent size but still feel cozy and family oriented, I decided blue as an overall color theme was a nice choice aesthetically. This was also my first time using hiddenobjects so I tried to make more use out of those items.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Just moveobjects and hiddenobjects, no CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: i[dot]imgur[dot]com/Z4ttLui[dot]png
    i[dot]imgur[dot]com/fn4URjZ[dot]png

And again, I still can't post links so apologies in advance, replace the [dot]'s with "."s, and because of that (or so it would seem due to trial and error) I also still can't post the actual pictures with the [img] tags myself, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
    SLpPUp.png
  • Options
    Hey @leochick123 - You're so welcome!!! Nice new entry! Love that upstairs long hall shot - and the office room is great with the bright blue folding chairs! Nice open space kitchen too and I really like how you used the terrain paint to make a cheap garden!! Cool!!

@Mannanna - TOO pretty! Amazing landscaping and just a gorgeous build!

I've still got to get back and look at the last of the (WONDERFUL) fairytale cottages. What an amazingly creative group of people we have here!

• Options
    ChaosSimmer86ChaosSimmer86 Posts: 65 Member
    Everyone's builds so far have been lovely! Thanks for this cool challenge!

FORUM ID: ChaosSimmer
    ORIGIN ID: ChaosSimmer86
    LOT: (Link to where the build can be found on The Gallery)
    LOT NAME: Cottage am See (Windenburg)
    BUILD COST: 42,979
    TOTAL COST: 44,707
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/9fBfA
    ENTRY DETAILS: I've never completed an entire house build on a budget, but this challenge really inspired me so I wanted to give it a go. I wanted to give the Unruh family a beautiful, peaceful home, where they could be together and really enjoy spending family time. I knew from the start that all the kids should have their own bedroom, so the budget would be even tighter. That's when I decided to spend most of the money on building the home and not as much on furnishing it. I wanted to make sure they had enough space and a nice, open layout as well as many windows for a light and airy feel. I figured it was better to give them a nicer home to start off with and have them redecorate or add on over time. So that's why I kept the interior pretty simple. I still tried to add some color with different wallpapers and I hope the family will love their new home!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Absolutely!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: CC-free
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    YvD1iGW.jpg
    qJFwvxY.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2018
    @leochick123 - trying to sort the links on your entry form, but the site is behaving weirdly, I'll get it sorted....

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    FORUM ID: Leochick123
    ORIGIN ID: Leochick123
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/779442E31E7811E88B10E32AF1FE294B
    LOT COST: 2,500
    LOT NAME: Riverside Roost
    BUILD COST:42,342
    TOTAL COST: 44,842
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/DNiKe
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decided to make sure that Lily could have her own room so from the very start I knew I wanted 4 bedrooms. I tried to add in some decor to really show off each Sim's personality, although I was at a loss for what to do with Abagail's Room. I also tried to make the home a decent size but still feel cozy and family oriented, I decided blue as an overall color theme was a nice choice aesthetically. This was also my first time using hiddenobjects so I tried to make more use out of those items.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Just moveobjects and hiddenobjects, no CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Z4ttLui.png

fn4URjZ.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Awe, thanks @Ainsleyf , your build is cute too, as always, and I can't believe how much you got for the budget!
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    FORUM ID: linday
    ORIGIN ID: iamlinday
    LOT: Riverrest
    LOT COST: §1500
    LOT NAME: Crick Cabana, Willow Creek
    BUILD COST: §43 491
    TOTAL COST: §44 991
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Album link
    ENTRY DETAILS: From the start, I knew I wanted to give the kids their own rooms. Lily got a room where she can practise her music in peace, Chloe got a room where she can read her books, but still also be a kid, and Byron got a room where he can exercise too. The three of them will have to share a bathroom though, you can only do so much with §45k :D

I kept mum's rooms on the ground level, separate from the kids.

I wanted a lot of open space, where the family could be in the same room and yet separate if they wish. Downstairs is the living room with a console game, and that is open to the kitchen and dining area. Upstairs is a family room, with a game table, chess table, reading nook and a computer desk.

The back garden has fruit trees, herbs and vegetables (evolved to nice quality), as well as an easel and a basket hoop.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no CC.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    25740618697_b1c0617fd7_z.jpg
    25740441187_f9743f9be8_z.jpg
  • Options
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS88 - A FAIRY TALE COTTAGE

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    CHALLENGE #BNS89 IS NOW OFFICIALLY CLOSED
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    #BnS90 - East Meets West

“I’m getting hungry!” Karl says to you, even though it is only an hour after you’ve both had lunch.

“Huh?” you respond.

“Your two o’clock appointment: they're both renowned chefs,” he winks.

You have been looking forward to meeting this husband and wife team, who are opening a new restaurant in Willow Creek. When Tiàowu Songshu and Clotilde St. Honoré walk in, you are struck by what an elegant pair they make.

“We met in Paris,” Clotilde tells you, “when Tiàowu was studying at the Cordon Bleu. I had a little pâtisserie in Caen and had come into town for the day. I won’t say it was love at first sight, but rather love at first bite. I knew I wanted this man the moment I tasted his rice flour crêpes filled with five-spice pork!”

“And she had me the first time I tasted her tarte Tatin,” her husband laughs.

“So what kind of restaurant are you looking to open,” you say, getting down to business.

“A pan-Asian fusion restaurant. We want to serve the best of Asia and Europe combined!” Tiàowu says enthusiastically.

“Of course, all the desserts will be French,” Clotilde inserts.

“Sounds wonderful!” you say. “What will you call it?”

Tiàowu answers, “Clotilde suggested ‘The King and Pie’, but Thai is only one of the Asian cuisines we will be referencing in the menu. So we’re open to suggestions.”

You discuss the budget and details and work out a building schedule.

“We’re eager to open up!” Clotilde tells you as the couple leaves.

“And I guarantee I’ll be your first customer!” you reply.

“Not if I get there before you do!” Karl interjects.

THE BRIEF:

Lot: demolish the Blue Velvet Nightclub in Willow Creek and build on that 20 x 30 site. The cost of the lot will not be part of the budget. The lot may be uploaded to the gallery as either a restaurant or a generic lot, and you, therefore, do not need the Dine Out pack to enter this challenge.

Architecture/Interior style: let the menu inspire your choices—a sophisticated combination of Asian and European influences!

Minimum requirements:

• kitchen (counter, stove or chef station, refrigerator, dishwasher and sink)
    • tables and seating for at least 10 people
    • host station (create one if you don’t have Dine Out)
    • clearing area (waiter’s station if uploading as a restaurant)
    • 2 toilets
    • customer waiting area
    • waste disposal

BUDGET: §80,000 (building cost alone)

SIM CHALLENGE: Create Tiàowu Songshu and Clotilde St. Honoré. They are both young adults and have the Master Chef aspiration. Their traits are up to you. Show them in their restaurant or enjoying another night spot in your game.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR #BNS88 - A FAIRY TALE COTTAGE

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    by waste disposal, you do mean trash can, right?
  • Options
    Pirate wrote: »
    by waste disposal, you do mean trash can, right?

Yes, that is correct @Pirate, you need to have at least one rubbish bin on your lot.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    ...and what is a clearing area?
  • Options

I am SO hoping to be able to make time for this challenge! I remembered the movie, Indochine, so I've been researching French colonial architecture in Vietnam! I'm going away next week so, if I can't get it done, I wanted to at least share the name I've chosen. Decided to name the restaurant after a very popular Vietnamese torch song called "muốn yêu" or 'Want to Love'. I'm going to call it 'Chez Muon Yeu'!

Haha - I kill me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top