Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    @Laebeth thank you for your words of wisdom.
    @BuildnShare what is the cheat code for testingcheats, and what exactly does it do?
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    CHALLENGE #88: A Fairy Tale Cottage
    FORUM ID:CaramelLibra29
    ORIGIN ID:CaramelLibra29
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert) Established
    HOUSEHOLD: (Link to where the household can be found with on The Gallery) here
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by) here
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry) Louise is an avid book reader and dreams of one day living in her own fairytale cottage. She also enjoys cosplaying fairytale characters with her bookclub. This "nerd" has an active imagination and is always open to making a new friends. Maybe one day she'll meet her Prince Charming
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry) Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry) Nocc
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    S8A7yEl.png
    tPYeoqG.png
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited February 2018
    @Karababy52

Right, well yes MOO only works within a room or on the outside of a room. Placing anything with MOO outside of that, like typically in a garden, will make it drop when you place it.

There are a few ways to avoid this. Most common will probably be to make a room in the basement, under where you want the item placed. Then you place it in that room and use the rise cheat and rise it up through the roof and into what will then be the garden above it.

Similarly you can also create a room in the garden itself and delete all the walls individually. As long as the floor is there, the room is technically there and you can MOO things within in. The draw back on this option is that you need to keep the floor, so integrating the floor naturally with the garden can be tricky. You'd then probably want to use this for an area with stone tiles or something of that sorts.

Oh and another thing, it's always smart to do the bulldoze test. Meaning, when you are done, save it to the library and then bulldoze it. Replace the lot and see if anything drops. That way you ensure everything is the way you want, and anyone downloading your lot also won't have any issues :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    thank you @Pirate I used several packs. If you don't own them all you can go to the gallery you can click on the item and then show used content, there can you see if anything is really necessary for the build. From the wellness pack I just use a towel (haha really don't necessary).
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Pirate wrote: »
    @Laebeth thank you for your words of wisdom.
    @BuildnShare what is the cheat code for testingcheats, and what exactly does it do?
    @Pirate the testingcheats tool allows a multitude of aids, SimsVIP has a great article on all the different things it can do.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    edited February 2018
    FORUM ID: liel88
    ORIGIN ID: Liel88
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/67671460142911E88E5DDDE269F0224D
    LOT COST: 2,000
    LOT NAME: Daisy Hovel
    BUILD COST: 22,931
    TOTAL COST: 24,931
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/bLjbl
    ENTRY DETAILS: Since Louise loves to read i created a nice little seating area inside, but also outside. Louise loves the outdoors so i made sure to make her a seating area in the garden as well. Here she can curl up on the loveseat with a good novel in a fairy-like ambiance.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    JBS7sCZ.jpeg
    g2pvgJw.jpeg
    Post edited by liel88 on
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Laebeth Thank you so much for answering my question! Those are some great tips and tricks for using MOO. I've never bulldozed and replaced a lot to see if anything will drop on my builds before. I hope any builds I've uploaded to the gallery and used MOO haven't had problems and disappointed anyone. o.O I'll be sure to do that from now on though. Thanks again! <3

Almost done with my entry, just need to do a few tweaks here and there now and finish the landscaping. Hope nothing drops, have a feeling I might have to do a major design overhaul on the chimney area though. Wish me luck! *crosses fingers*

Have a great rest of your weekend everyone! :)
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    edited February 2018
    FORUM ID: Abelhinha35
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Streamlet Single - Willow Creek
    LOT COST: 1500
    LOT NAME: Once upon a time
    BUILD COST: 23 489
    TOTAL COST: 24 989
    GALLERY: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/24E328B4148611E88E2CDDE269F0224D?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Issabella14&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/149417332@N07/albums/72157691830187941

ENTRY DETAILS: Once upon a time is a quaint and magical cottage. Surrounded by woodsy landscaping you will feel secluded and could easily get swept away to a faraway place, when reading a book. Don't be alarmed when things are magically repaired. A magical gnome will see that your home will be well maintain.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None ony MOO and SHO

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

0KjkYaJ.png
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
    @Karababy52 I wouldn't worry about your past builds :blush: You built them with the best of intentions and created something for others to enjoy. You also had no idea this could even be a problem. I was the same. I built for quite a long time before I had any idea this could happen.

Our past builds show our journeys as we learn new things and grow :smile: I think others will see that and not be disappointed.

Good luck on your build! Hope everything goes well from now on! Will look forward to seeing it :blush:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• masajomasajo Posts: 6,006 Member

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3D8A9ECA14DF11E88B604884F3E51D50?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=Cevans1962&sortby=newest&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Streamlet Single in Willow Creek
    BUILD COST: 23,481
    TOTAL COST: 24,981
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/A8qhy
    ENTRY DETAILS: Fairy tale cottage set in the woods surrounded by pretty plants. Cosy interiors in earthy tones and a reading room in the tower where there is total peace and privacy.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

A73wm8X.png

FxoSNgL.jpg
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: liel88
    ORIGIN ID: Liel88
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A3A41B1A14E611E8856849DCFA92130C
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/qyIGg
    ENTRY DETAILS: Louise Ehrmantraut is a humble and shy person, though cares deeply about the wellbeing of others. She does a lot of volunteer work to help those in need, loves to read and loves the outdoors. She recently inhereted 25000 simoleons from an elderly man at the nursing home, she bought a lovely little fairy tale cottage in Willow Creek so she can walk from home to work. Louise is very happy with her new home.
    psqz2CH.jpeg
    OHRlJjo.jpeg

gZJwNIt.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @FidgetyAtom - Great Louise - you managed to make her look smart and what a cool website!
    @caramellibra29 - oh my gawsh that Elsa costume is awesome! VERY cute Louis!
    @liel88 - what a lovely home! Love that 'turret' on the tree stump and such pretty landscaping! And adorable Louise. Really like your clothing choices!
    @abelhinha35 - Wow, that's so pretty - and I love the little step up/rounded front patio - awesome!
    @masajo - Absolutely lovely, as usual! Love that private reading tower.

• JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #88: A Fairy Tale Cottage.
    FORUM ID: Netxpre2.
    ORIGIN ID: JosieAnglin.
    LEVEL: Established.
    LOT: Here.
    LOT COST: $2,000.
    LOT NAME: Asphalt Abodes.
    BUILD COST: $22,958.
    TOTAL COST: $24,958.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here.
    ENTRY DETAILS: Well, I made a tower in the back of the home but I couldn't fit it in the budget to put items in the top tower so it's empty. It was going to become a bedroom. There is every basic need (technically) in the home. There isn't a full bed, but there are 4 benches on the lot a sim can use to "nap" I'm not sure if it still qualifies or not, so even if I'm entered as an unofficial it's fine, it was fun working with a strict budget. :) The home its self is extremely small so the pictures were super hard to capture (sorry) hopefully you get the overall view I was going for. I wanted to make the home feel very earthy and have a lot of natural elements in it (such as flowers). There's a few trails around the lot to add dimension and detail.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

uwGI1fs.jpg
    LPTQHwm.jpg
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    @BnS88

how much is that in dollars??

BUDGET: §25,000 = Lot Cost + Building Cost
    285JXDb.jpg
  • linzlulubelllinzlulubell Posts: 93 Member
    edited February 2018
    FORUM ID:linzlulubell
    ORIGIN ID:linzlulubell
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BAB78B67159F11E88353DDE269F0224D?fb_action_ids=1955014591193252&amp;fb_action_types=simsfour:share?fb_action_ids=1955014591193252&amp;fb_action_types=simsfour:share
    LOT NAME: Rindle Rose
    BUILD COST: 23,090
    TOTAL COST: 24,590
    LiNK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/DCdoj
    ENTRY DETAILS: This lady just screamed lonely cat lady at me. I almost gave her a single bed along with a betta bowl, loneliest fish of them all! I struggle to build on a small scale with a starter budget but find I enjoy making it work. This house was tons of work, I moved it this way, redid the roof that way, shrunk this, made that larger. I gave the lot romantic/haunted/cat hang out traits. I saved a good bit of my budget for landscaping but the small lot allowed for beautiful gardens at the budget price. I created a secret reading nook with the bookcase door so she can privately read her romance novels away from prying eyes (or potential boyfriends). Added half bath on the ground floor for guests and nice potted plant patio for petting kitty's and reading. Furnishings are simple and a little mismatch to reflect her budget. The gallery deleted my last entry, I guess because of the CC so please let me know if that happens and I'll fix it. Or go ahead and verify my lot cost if you see this :) super enjoyed this one. Got everything tagged this time.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: be gentle
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: kardofe, deedee, js boutique,the numbers woman, simcredible, iyas, severinka, Kansas city rose, axiatos, yaazoo, mel brewer
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 3S5cCXt.png
    y4lREA2.png

SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID:linzlulubell
    ORIGIN ID:linzlulubell
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2558A49115A011E884E3DDE269F0224D?fb_action_ids=1955040557857322&amp;fb_action_types=simsfour:share?fb_action_ids=1955040557857322&amp;fb_action_types=simsfour:share
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ggr8x
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted to have her look be nerdy yet soft and pretty. also like a lady who might like a cat. Pale with lots of pink blush/make up and raven hair. Her traits are bookworn, cat lover, romantic and gregarious, friend to the word.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 5ctPNbI.png
    9HogJyy.png

Post edited by linzlulubell on
    @BnS88

@maryjane2joe - budgets for BuildnShare are always quoted in Simoleons, which is the currency in the Sims. I would have no idea how that would translate into dollars.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BnS88

@maryjane2joe - budgets for BuildnShare are always quoted in Simoleons, which is the currency in the Sims. I would have no idea how that would translate into dollars.

Thank You.. I figured it out... I just wanted to make sure I was going to build in the budget zone... I get it now ... silly me :smile:
    285JXDb.jpg
    FORUM ID: maryjane2joe
    ORIGIN ID: 88th-bombgeek
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B7854D6E167B11E882924F32FBA7C62C?fb_action_ids=1996216024032593&amp;fb_action_types=simsfour:share?fb_action_ids=1996216024032593&amp;fb_action_types=simsfour:share
    LOT COST: §1500.
    LOT NAME: Willow Creek - Crick Cabana
    BUILD COST: §23,454
    TOTAL COST: §24,954
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/vS19m
    ENTRY DETAILS: Louise was thrilled when the contractors were able to build her a Fairy Tale type Cottage at such a low price that her budget was just enough to cover everything she ever wanted. A beautiful yard; A cozy place to relax and read. A kitchen the perfect size for her needs. She is continually grateful for Frank O'Pinyon with making her dreams come true by willing to her such a generous amount; although she does miss his gentle spirit, quite often.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.

YRPOW8X.jpg

bGb1c61.jpg

285JXDb.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Yay! I made it in time, a new record for me! hehe I am absolutely LOVING everybody's builds and will be using some of them in my game. I love starter homes and especially cozy cottages. Tough competition, y'all are so good! I just hope a few people like my build now compared to all these masterpieces. Wow! o.O lol I had a blast though, that's all that matters, right? :)

Anyway, without further ado...

FORUM ID: Karababy52
    ORIGIN ID: Karababy52
    LOT: Storybook Cottage
    LOT COST: 2000
    LOT NAME: Daisy Hovel
    BUILD COST: 22999
    TOTAL COST: 24999
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/kb9N9
    ENTRY DETAILS:

First, I want to thank @Laebeth for her tip on bulldozing your build and placing it again on the lot to check for MOO'ed objects dropping. Thanks to this, I was able to fix some major issues I was having with decorations on the chimney. It's all good now! *wipes brow* :)

I imagined Louise, being a romantic, loves the colors pink & purple. Therefore, the landscaping and interior of her new home features a color scheme of pink & white with purple accents. I desparately wanted a chimney/fireplace for the design I had in mind, but the chimney wasn't working out and she couldn't afford a fireplace. So, I did the next best thing, I custom made both for her home!

The fireplace ended up being in her bedroom, so I also included lots of candles and mood lighting in there. It sets a very romantic and cozy atmosphere. Too bad there's only a single bed, for now. Hopefully that will change in the future. ;) The landscaping features a pond with pink lilies and a fountain, an intimate gazebo for two and a lighted bench underneath a tree for reading and dreaming.

There isn't too many skill objects, it's a very small starter home, but she does have the pond for fishing, a bookcase and a television. I hope Louise enjoys her new home. And I hope y'all like it too. Thanks for looking and Happy Simming! <3

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please and thank you!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC

nX3l7bZ.png
    0bi68BS.png
    Don't forget the current challenge closes tonight.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @Karababy52 Thank you :blush: I'm just happy I could help!

I love your little cottage, it's super cute! Especially love the plants climbing up the chimney! :smiley:

@BuildnShare I am sure happy I got my entry in early! With so many entries this time, and at such a high standard, I would have been feeling like I couldn't possibly build anything to top them all! :lol: You will for sure have a hard time judging I reckon :wink:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @BuildnShare I have many issues with the gallery (and the budget lol) this time. But finally here is my entry :#

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: emere
    ORIGIN ID: osiazul
    LOT: Little Cottage
    LOT NAME: Streamlet Single (Willow Creek)
    BUILD COST: 23,151
    TOTAL COST: 24,651
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/u5oV0
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is a wood cottage, with a porch and a front yard. They are different nooks for reading. But also they are other activities like painting, gardening and music. There is a PC for Louise to buy new books or even start writing thir own.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: non

Hc4G0Cu.png
    WOuccM3.png
    Morning all!! #BnS88 A Fairy Tale Home is now officially closed.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited February 2018
    #BnS89 - The Hawthorne Project - VIII

You are sat at your desk, just staring into space when Karl's knock brings you back to the present. He brings in today's post and your first cup of coffee. You leaf through all the usual circulars and bills until you find an envelope with your name styled in fancy calligraphy, curious, you open it. It's a thank you card from your previous client, Louise Ehrmantraut.

"That's so very sweet of her." You think to yourself, so much of life these days is electronic, it's lovely to have thankyou that you can hold in your hand.

Speaking of electronic, you wonder if the email you were expecting arrived while you were daydreaming. Taking a sip of the coffee that Karl bought you, you open your email client and there it is, sat at the top of your emails.

We have the next Hawthorne Legacy candidate's details for you.

Name: Abagail Unruh
    Traits: Neat, Family oriented, Perfectionist
    M/F/TG: F
    Aspiration: Super Parent (or Big Happy Family if you do not have the parenthood game pack)
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation): Stay at home mom/housewife

Spouses Name:
    M/F/TG:
    Traits:
    Aspiration:
    Occupations (Or Former Occupation):

Child 1 Name: Lily Unruh
    Child 1 M/F/TG: F/Teenager
    Child 1 Traits: Creative, Music Lover
    Child 1 Aspiration: Musical Genius

Child 2 Name: Byron Unruh
    Child 2 M/F/TG: M/Teenager
    Child 2 Traits: Active, Loves the Outdoors
    Child 2 Aspiration: Bodybuilder

Child 3 Name: Chloe Unruh
    Child 3 M/F/TG: F/Child
    Child 3 Traits: Genius
    Child 3 Aspiration: Whiz Kid

Further children please list below:

Please tell us a little bit about yourself, and your family if appropriate, and why you are applying to The Hawthorne Project.

Hi. I am Abagail Unruh. I met my husband Micah in high school. He was captain of the football team and I was captain of the cheerleading squad. It was expected that we would date. I feel head over heels for Micah, who was so loving and kind and gentle. There were no signs of the man I now know. We were married right out of high school. Lily and Byron were born within a year of our wedding, and are now 15. Chloe was born when the twins were 7. When the twins were 9 and Chloe was 2, Micah got injured on the field, and could no longer play football. He started drinking and has been so angry ever since. He drank his way through all the money he earned playing football. When the money started to run low he got even angrier. The first time he hit me I was so shocked I didn't know what to do. I thought it was just a one-time thing because of the stress he was under. Then it happened again and again. He never did anything in front of the kids. It was always when we were alone, or in our room. I stayed because I didn't want anyone to know. I was so ashamed and was sure I had done something wrong every time. Then one day Byron got caught cheating on a test and was suspended for 3 days from school. Micah was so angry and started pushing Byron around. Lily screamed at him to stop and called the police. I was picking Chloe up from school. Micah was charged with assault, and I reported him for abusing me for the last 5 1/2 years. That was 6 months ago. He is now in jail and our divorce was just finalized. After Micah got charged the police took the kids and I to a transition house. After Micah went to jail I found out he had taken out a loan against the mortgage and had been gambolling away everything we owned. The mortgage went into foreclosure and we lost the house. We had to sell everything to pay off his gambolling debts. I am applying to the Hawthorn Project to get a fresh start for me and my kids. I just want to be the best parent I can be to them, and teach them that when life gets hard, there is always a reason to hope. We have been going to family and individual counselling, which is really helping. Since leaving the transition house 3 months ago we have been living with my sister and her husband. They have a basement apartment that we have been using, but they need to rent it out for income since my sister will be on maternity leave soon. I have a job interview as a dishwasher tomorrow, and I am pretty sure I will get it. I have always been a good cook.

Tell us about your ideal home space: (You can use images if you wish)

Well, we don't need anything elaborate. We just need a roof over our heads. We need at least three bedrooms. The girls can share a room if they need to. I know Lily would really like her own room, with a small space to practice her music, but she understands that we all have to sacrifice sometimes. Chloe is very smart and wants to be a dr someday, so will need a place to study and work on her logic. Byron should have his own room being the only boy. He is athletic just like his dad. He wants to join the football team and needs a place that he can work out. For me, I just need a small bedroom with a small 3 piece bathroom attached. I would like a nice kitchen with a table where we can sit and have our meals together. A family room with games and a tv would be good. We really need a space to be able to spend some time together and be able to just sit and talk if we need to.

THE BRIEF:

Create a new home for the Unruh's, the style and lot size is up to you completely. You can download the family here.
    Each home/homes must include a computer, a vegetable garden, a chess table, an easel, at least one musical instrument, at least one piece of fitness equipment (not including a TV or a yoga mat) and a bookcase.

BUDGET: §45,000 = Lot Cost + Building Cost

Hint: when building a starter home, terrain paint and the debug menu (cheat: bb.showhiddenobjects) are your friends!

SIM CHALLENGE: No Sim challenge this time around, but if you want to, create a sim or group of Sim's for the next round of the Hawthorne Project, enter them here.

ROOM CHALLENGE: Create a family room for the Unruh's, your budget is $15,000..

A reminder to use the entry form as is. If you are adding any pictures, please limit them to two per entry post and place them at the bottom of the entry form.

The deadline for this challenge is 7th March 2018
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    @Laebeth how do you move the objects up and down again? Isn't it 9 and 0 or something like that? I can't figure it out. I'm pretty sure @BuildnShare told me once before but I can't find it in my posts....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top