Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    @masajo Love your cute landscaping and colors you chose for your build!
    ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,998 Member
    Thank you very much @undressyourbones really enjoyed the landscaping part on this build :)
    Must say, all the creations for this challenge are absolutely fantastic, the Victorian theme has really produced huge creativity :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited February 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 63 - Ley Lines
    FORUM ID: folala
    ORIGIN ID: folala
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/7E9B2B8AF87311E6873AC0A5F03BDD40?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=lucky 8 victorian&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 62, 827
    TOTAL COST: 64,997
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/dr9ST
    ENTRY DETAILS: I made a traditional Victorian home and garden. I made it in Forgotten Hollow but I didn't want it to be too dark so it wouldn't look out of place in any other town either.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES: 9sb9fc.png
  • LacedMetalLacedMetal Posts: 75 Member
    @folala
    Wow. I love everything about this build. Your use of roofing is epic. :heart:

Decided to sit this one out. There are some amazing builds being shared. *passes popcorn and m&m's*
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @masajo and @folala I am loving both of your designs!

@masajo - you got sooo much into your build, you clever, clever thing you!! And that landscaping, on such a tight budget, oy!!

@folala =- some great styling there my sweet and again, some amazing landscaping! Some great work on the interiors as well.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @BuildnShare Everyone is making a vampire house and mine isn't for vampires at all. Do you think I need to start again? I think there is still time. Is it a requirement to build for vampires?
  • LacedMetalLacedMetal Posts: 75 Member
    @popettypop2012 It seems written in such a way to allude to it, but not to require it outright. If you don't have a vampire house, share anyway. I'm sure it's beautiful and worth the share :smile:
    Thank you, @LacedMetal :)
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    edited February 2017
    FORUM ID: SyddyB206
    ORIGIN ID: SyddyB206
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Victorian Vampire House
    LOT COST: 2,500
    BUILD COST: 59,141
    TOTAL COST: 61,641
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/XqJEe
    ENTRY DETAILS: This beautiful Victorian home is great for your vampire, I mean 'Victorian' sims. It has coffins for all your sleeping, I mean burial needs! Why do you need coffins to bury people? I don't know. But there is a 3rd floor that has a creepy statue. There are 4 bedrooms and 1 and a half baths.

SIM: https://tinyurl.com/z3bhoqk
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/qiTgm?
    ENTRY DETAILS: I used all the traits you told, but I gave Shingo the Romantic trait and wanted him to be a master vampire. Isabella is a foodie and wants to have a Vampire Family.

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES: N/A
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    I've finished refurbishing my home and moving it to Forgotten Hollow, now I just have to take new pictures and redo my entry form :) Hopefully I finish all of this before the due date.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited February 2017
    @popettypop2012 - no, the house didn't in any way need to be created around Vampires, we alluded that the clients may well not be quite human, but never outright stated it. I for one would have loved to see what you came up with first of all :) If you have that entry ready and waiting go ahead and submit it.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare Thanks for the clarification. I did end up changing my entry to a Vampire House but the original one is still shared in the Gallery :)
    @popettypop2012 - I'll have to go check it out!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited March 2017
    Disregard- question no longer valid- LOL!
    Post edited by Renamed2002180839 on
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited March 2017
    FORUM ID: JasonAnthonySterling
    ORIGIN ID: TonySterling
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Neo Victorian - Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/740B61FCFE1B11E682E8D17DD91519F7?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=&max=50&maxis=false

LOT COST: $2,000.00
    BUILD COST: $62,992.00
    TOTAL COST: $64,992.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.facebook.com/pg/MyWorldofSims/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1198248513623904

ENTRY DETAILS: This beautiful structure was commissioned by a family looking for the comfort and traditions of the past but outfit with the modern amenities of today. We have tried to blend these desires into a family home for a large growing family with an eclectic mix of furnishings and mementos. A wealth of activities are available to keep the busy minds and busy hands of six young children and two young at heart adults from ever growing bored. From games of chess to games of Don't Wake the Llama. art, fishing, gardening, music and a host of other pursuits this home is perfect for this family.

Downstairs is a call to a more formal, gracious era with a dining room, living and a small parlor for welcoming guests set apart from one another in privacy. There's an enclosed gardening porch off the living room that leads outside to covered beds for planting. The kitchen is well outfitted with a space designed to act as a mud room and a butler's pantry leading to the dining room for storing all the china that somehow accumulates over the years.

We consulted each of the children in the decor of their rooms and found the three year old twins just precious. They declined the use of curtains with one saying "Let the world see!" and the other following with "Yeah let the world see the faces of it's doom!" Then they hissed menacingly and went back to playing with skulls- ADORBS! The other children were more quiet, an artist, a scientist, a musician and a little lady dreaming of the heights she hopes to one day reach.

Mom and Dad have a private retreat with plenty of storage, a small artist studio and a bath of their own! Done in dark soothing tones that speak to the calming hours of the night that can be spent in quiet reflection upstairs or gathered together in the living room reading, watching tv or using the computer.

Outside is fully landscaped with mature plantings.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

ztyx4g.jpg

2mree84.jpg

Just a quick reminder that the current challenge closes out tonight. You still have time for that last minute entry :mrgreen:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Hah I got way too much to do on my build so I rather save the time to do other things instead of stressing xD
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Ah @WiggleyTuff - I'm sorry you won't be entering this time around :( But I totally understand where you're coming from.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    edited March 2017
    Challenge #63 - Ley Lines is now officially closed

Good luck to everyone who entered <3
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • lyssanlyssan Posts: 53 Member
    Wow! I have been aay for few days, but it seems like I have come back to some wonderful builds :)

@undressyourbones I love how soft-coloured the entire build is! Makes it look veyr very cosy yet refined.
    @onehummingbird The gardening space looks so good it would almost make me want to garden, haha!
    @golden_glow The sitting room with the TV must be my favourite, I love the colouring there.
    @popettypop2012 My vampires would definitely feel at home in your house!
    @FaithofKaela I am not sure if it is not too modern to be still considered a Victorian build, but still looks lovely :)
    @masajo I love how ecclectic the entire lot feels, looks very much lived in for generations and generations!
    @folala I am so impressed with how well it is decorated, given the budget! Great use of the money available.
    @SyddyB206 Now that is a house I would be scared to stay in after dark...
    @JasonAnthonySterling such a bizarre build, in a good old Victorian way :)

Also: thanks everyone for the kind words about my build!
    edited March 2017
    #64 Ryunoten, Attorney's at Home

“What a refreshing change,” you murmur to yourself as you walk up the path to the recently completed offices of the Ryunoten's. Usually your clients come to you, but since scheduling was tight, you were visiting them. Plus it was a chance to see your handiwork in action, so to speak.

You step inside, scanning the premises. With approval, you note how much better it looks with someone sitting in the waiting room and a receptionist at the desk. It projects exactly what you want it to, bringing a sense of pride and happiness to you.

“You look very pleased,” says a familiar male voice from behind you. Michael Ryunoten, Prince Charming in a lawyer's suit, smiles at you. “Sorry I wasn’t here when you got in. Dream is at the courthouse and left her wallet behind. I hope you weren’t waiting long.”

“I just got here myself,” you assure him.

“Well come on back.”

“Mr. Ryunoten? Mrs Jenkins is here to review her case with you.” The receptionist says as the pair of you approach.

Mike aims a smile at the lady, “You’re a bit early Mrs. Jenkins. I’ll be with you in just a few minutes.” Then ushers you back to his office. “Dream would be here with us if she could, but..”

You smile, remembering reading about some of her cases in the news already. “Court comes first in this case. So what can I do for you?”

“Well, we’re ready to get out of Jesus’s house. Business is good enough that we feel confident in asking you to build our home for us.” He pulls out a notepad. “We’ve got a budget of 100k to offer and would like it to be near to Jesus’s house if possible. He’s got a beautiful location and we’d like to share it or have something equally lovely.”

“That’s easily accomplished. I know of several lots for sale that have great views.”

“We’d need a decent size, since we want the house to be ready for our family to grow. We want to have children.”

“Define decent size.” you say, clicking your pen for note taking.

“Well, 4 bedrooms, 3 or 4 bathrooms. Large enough yard for a pool and room for the kids to run. The bedroom suite needs to be very much a refuge for us. Dream…needs a lot of sleep. If you could include a small workout area/ or room that would be great. I think nicely decorated and comfortable goes without saying, given how perfectly you decorated our office. My lovely wife has specifically requested soft soothing colors throughout. I’m fine with that as long as it doesn’t look like a powder puff.”

You laugh, nodding. “Don’t worry Mike. I wont make it overly girly. Anything else?”

“I think that covers it….Oh, if it helps, we both like the low country house style.”

“No problem.” You check your notes, making sure you didn’t miss anything. “I think we covered everything then. I’ll get out of your way and let you get to Mrs. Jenkins.”

Michaels smiles, walking you to the door. “Oh, Jesus and I have a friend named Reggie. He’s thinking about relocating from the city to here with his girlfriend.”

“Well, when they get here, I’ll be sure to be available for them.” You shake hands and head out, already mentally rummaging through the list of available lots.

Requirements:
    100k budget
    4 bedrooms
    3 bath
    Top notch master suite
    Low Country house styles
    Pool
    Small gym/ workout area
    Soft colors throughout (but not girly).

Note Michael and Dream were clients in an earlier challenge, you can find out more about them here

Sim Challenge: Create Michael and Dream, Michael is an Active Genius. Evangeline is an Ambitious Art Lover. The last trait and their aspirations are up to you.

Room Challenge: You have $12,500 to create a top notch master suite for Michael and Dream, it must include an attached bathroom.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

CHALLENGE #: 64 - Ryunoten, Attorneys at Home
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS64

The deadline for this challenge is 15th March 2017
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    If i managed to put in more rooms, is that okay?=P
    If i managed to put in more rooms, is that okay?=P
    @WiggleyTuff - that is fine :D

GArBA5W.jpg
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    @BuildnShare - Which lot belonged to Jesus? Just so I have an idea of where they are looking to build the lot. Thanks!
    misscbong wrote: »
    @BuildnShare - Which lot belonged to Jesus? Just so I have an idea of where they are looking to build the lot. Thanks!
    @misscbong - Jesus had his house built on Potters Splay in Willow Creek.

GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top