Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Year did you start Playing The Sims 2?

r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
For me it would be back in 2004. What about you guys/girls?
Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)

Comments

• residentevilobresidentevilob Posts: 141 Member
    2004 is when I played it for the first time. It was fun. I had actually been introduced to the series in 2003 with The Sims Bustin Out, and got The Urbz in 2004 and then in fall 2004 The Sims 2.
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    2014. -_-
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    I think in 2003 or 2004 :P
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    The Sims 2 came out in 2004 so that's when I started. Was in line to get it- at the register, there was no Sims 2 line. :D
  • coralbinocoralbino Posts: 63 Member
    I got the Sims 2 sometime in 2004 I was hyped after seeing the disk about it in my Makin' Magic case, I remember collecting cans for weeks to get enough money to buy it. I then got to the cash register to purchase it and this old hag told me that I needed to be a teenager to purchase it, even after I lied to her and told her that I was, I guess that as a 9 year old I didn't look the part. There was no way I was going to stop this evil lady from stopping me from getting my game though so I got my older brother, who was a teenager to get it for me. She must have recognized me from fifteen minutes ago because she complained about me paying almost entirely with change. She then gave me the game and I went home to my ancient computer to go install it.

I am pretty sure that that install took a few hours. I remember playing the install's matching game for some time before it finished. I then got to start it up. Now starting up the game on my computer took forever too, it didn't take as long as it took to install the game but it did take quite some time, I would later begin a ritual of sorts where I would prepare myself a pot of tea while the game was loading. I would be stuck with this computer until December 2007. It didn't matter it was only a little choppy on the lowest graphical setting, and the graphics still blew my mind. I thought that it was so cool that you could tilt the camera. I remember seeing foundation and thinking that it was cool. I remember having more than two floors and how cool that was.

I really enjoyed the Sims 2, I would sometimes leave my computer on overnight to avoid having to start up the game again. I probably spent time that would amount to weeks drinking tea during those loading screens.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    In 2004 when it 1st came out.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Oh... I remember in 2006 when I got a better computer and I saw that the counters had texture and there was really grass and not green blurr. That was when I started having more fun! Lol :)
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I knew about it coming out when I got MM, but I hadn't actually played it until mid 2005 when my neighbor got it. She told me that "oh my gosh, this is the best game ever! You have to come over and watch/play with me!". Later I found out that my older brother had it hidden in his room and he let me play it, but only if he was watching. It had Woohoo in it, and a little 11 year old girl totally doesn't know where babies come from...while I did know exactly what it was, I couldn't play it on my own until I was 13.
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    I got TS2 when it came out. I had been playing TS1 religiously before that, so TS2 really did overwhelm me :P I don't know how I got so much amusement out of just the base game.. I just can't do that now! You'd think jumping from TS1 with all its brilliant expansions to just TS2 base game would be difficult... but nope!
  • MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    My mum got it for Christmas in 2005, and she introduced me to it. Then I sort of took the game over as I became obsessed. :D
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Sebbe_Debbe123Sebbe_Debbe123 Posts: 129 Member
    2009, yeah I know it was a bit late but I was introduced to the Sims series by a friend who started playing TS2 and I loved that game so much but I didn't have a computer back then so I got it a bit later. However I played that game until 2011, when I got TS3. Still I liked TS2 more because of the awesome gameplay.
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    January 2005, got it for my (14th) birthday. Welp, how time flies!
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    2004 the day it came out. I pre-ordered it via Amazon and stayed up until midnight playing. When I realized how graphics intense the game was, I researched upgrading my stock Dell...who would have thought The Sims 2 would be why I became an IT tech?
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• meggera007meggera007 Posts: 382 Member
    I started playing in 2004 when it came out. And I just went back to it now that I have the Ultimate collection on Origin. :D
  • pinkstar6206pinkstar6206 Posts: 63 Member
    2014!! :)
  • GummiBearxGummiBearx Posts: 317 Member
    I remember my mom showing me promotional pictures of Sims 2 before it came out. I wanted it sooo bad, but our computer was an old Windows 98. I wasn't able to play until 2007. I played Sims 2 on console first, in 2005.

I also want to express how jealous and heartbroken I am that people got the free ultimate collection on Origin last month. Cannot believe I missed that.
    2m2dkr9.jpg
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    It was either late 2001 or early 2002.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I got TS2 for Christmas in 2005 and started on our family computer until I got my first laptop and started playing on that and I still have that computer and can still play it on that one.I've to the UC waiting for my current computer to get another hard drive to clear out the internal one.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • TrishAKingTrishAKing Posts: 275 Member
    2004, I was 11 (or it could have been 2005 but I'm pretty sure it was 2004). I remember when I heard that it was coming out, I had a notepad filled with family ideas! I was so excited to have toddlers, teens and elders in the game!
  • intransitmattintransitmatt Posts: 1 New Member
    Summer 2005... I can still remember that day I got it at Best Buy being somewhat doubtful that my laptop could run it.
  • DrusillaDrusilla Posts: 155 Member
    2004, when I was 14ish XD
  • PeachesnDucksPeachesnDucks Posts: 1,537 Member
    2004 when it was first released. Still play it to this day.
  • elinorablyelinorably Posts: 301 Member
    Definitely on release day, 2004. I had played TS1 from it's release day, and I remember being so excited for the release of TS2, that I took the day off work. Our UPS guy at the time came early in the morning, so it was up and running by 10am that day. I remember the little mini-game that you could play while it was installing. Ah, that was a fun day! :)
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    I can't remember the year exactly... I was so young, I think either late elementary school or junior high. My friend got the base of TS1 and introduced me. I was immediately hooked. I convinced my parents to get it and had to share with my sister on the family computer. We were always fighting over who's turn it was. :) Both of us have been playing ever since :p