Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Website Question!

Hey, I didn't know where to post this question about the website... Is there a way to change my username? I thought that Sims ¤ uses your Origin name, and that isn't the same as my website username. I don't want people to be confused so it would be best to change the website username to match my Origin name. Is it possible?? Thanks :)
OriginID Starwing6
my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.

Comments

• chauschaus Posts: 61 Member
    That's weird my name was the same... I don't know if you can change but if you try to go and look on your profile maybe somewhere there.
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited August 2014
    If you mean your display name (the one we can see now here) then no. I was online chat with an EA rep and he told me display names can never be changed. I wanted to change mine here too, but no dice.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I believe you will need EA's assistance to change your user name. But right now while this board is still in transition, there doesn't appear to be anyone to help you. I'd give it a few days and try live chat or calling. This information is based on another user's attempt to do the same thing without success.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I do wish we could... The name I chose was since ages ago (12-13 years old?) and not sure what it means anymore LOL
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Agreed! It's been 10+ years since I made my original sims.com account - it would be nice to update to something more relevant. Or even just my OriginID.
  • AW35AW35 Posts: 37 Member
    edited August 2014
    A similar discussion here.

(X-Ref for convenience)
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    Wow, thanks for all the answers everyone! It would be nice to have the same username across the board, but I guess I'll have to cope with it this way for now! Perhaps when I purchase the Sims 4, I can register for a new account and use my Origin name? That would be best because it's the same as other gaming networks, and that ultimately makes it easier for friends.

Sorry for posting a discussion that has already been brought up! I haven't figured out all the website features and I should've tried a forum search *blushes* In my defense, I was too excited to make my first Sims 4 sim ;)
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    @Mylita I love your avatar. :D
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared
  • electraslittlestarelectraslittlestar Posts: 1 New Member
    I wish there was a way, as my username I screwed up because I was entering the ID for the dvd to install the sims 4 :neutral:
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    @electraslittlestar, just post over on @EA_Mage page the name that you want and she will will change it when she gets back on the site later... :)