Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forum Points System, what is it for?

Click your avatar, at the lower left of that page you will see the total points you have earned through badges or elsewhere (?).

Click the Globe on the top menu bar, then click All Notifications below on its drop down menu. You will see how many points the badge you have earned is worth. This is the only way I know to see the points earned so far, additional info about it is welcome here ^^

So what is it for? I gave the forum a quick search about it but nothing came up.
cnc4pew3.gif

Comments

• CirthwenCirthwen Posts: 512 Member
    I wondered the same thing.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I don't understand it... it's an attention thing for people who are entertained with little things. >.> *cough*

Maybe it's the new badges for the site and more will come with the Game, like in TS3. :)
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    I was wondering the same thing. For a second I thought maybe it was Store Points, but like EA would give them away that easily. ;)
    44444.gif
  • skittlejgskittlejg Posts: 155 Member
    I didn't notice that, but I'm not sure.
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Popularity points #meangirls #plasticsimmers
  • pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    I NEED A BURNBOOK NOW!!
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    Is it different from the "like" or rating features in any other social media platform? :pensive: No better, no worse.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I don't think it's about popularity. It's an optional thing and since so many like Options.. . :lol:
  • katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    edited August 2014
    Maybe for bragging rights.
  • MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    I don't really understand what it's based on other than on badges.. Likes/Agrees/LOLs?
    23u1xdu.gif
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    If you don't have enough points then you can't sim with us .... plain and simple as that xD
  • Aotearoa14Aotearoa14 Posts: 155 Member
    It's all just to make everyone feel insecure and neurotic.
  • AnimaagAnimaag Posts: 319 Member
    edited September 2014
    I don't understand it either. I mean, there should be some purpose to it, right? Or is it really just for popularity gaining, to be the first on the list in the Activity section?
  • HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    > @MelanieSimlish said:
    > I was wondering the same thing. For a second I thought maybe it was Store Points, but like EA would give them away that easily.

Agreed. LOL.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• bill_th_89bill_th_89 Posts: 77 Member
    Maybe it keeps us commenting and that's how the forum grows.
    i2vjte.jpg
    Origin ID: CandiAndi
  • JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Well, I don't have many of them regardless! (28)
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    edited January 2015
    I have over 400 - Yay :D !
    So what does it mean :o ?
  • Fire Air & EarthFire Air & Earth Posts: 7 New Member
    @MiffoShort:
    Maybe the points represent how much money Origin have taken from you...?
  • MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    Ah its you again, good to see you back :)
    If funds hadn't been so tight last year I might have well thought that the 400 represented £400.00! ;)

Matthew.
  • AnimaagAnimaag Posts: 319 Member
    edited January 2015
    It really isn't for anything. I think it just shows how frequent poster you are, eventually if you post enough you can make it to the top of the list in "Best Of..." "Activity" section.

Somebody correct me if I'm mistaken.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    nobody knows. its a ea mystery.
  • friendsivemadefriendsivemade Posts: 44 Member
    Currently I think the point system has to do with maintaining "real" members. Currently my rank is "new member" because I need like 50 points and 30 posts. It's a bit annoying but whatever I suppose. There are "badges" so it's like some fun game or something. Who knows. It's just a bit weird that the forum is set up this way.
  • smoesiesmoesie Posts: 267 Member
    It's just a bit weird that the forum is set up this way.
    The entire new forum is weird... :p EA should never have merged the forum of The Sims 4 with the one of The Sims 3... I'm still not used to it after half a year, and still don't understand why they don't show the total number of posts for example, but just the number of posts you posted on the forum of 1 language... I look like some kind of noob now with 100 posts, but in reality I have posted over 2100 posts. :p

Onderschrift_zps7b5c38ca.png
    ༼ つ ͡◕ Ѿ ͡◕ ༽つ My website ~ My page ~ My TS3-houses ~ My TS4-houses ლ(́◕◞Ѿ◟◕‵ლ)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    So I fully agree w/ @friendsivemade‌ no botz but, has anyone here ever even seen any botz here? Any vacation offering,member enlarging,free subscription to w/e Botz? Me either... If for a moment we entertain the idea, that someone found a bot,and liked the plum outta it.

What would happen? Im thinkn gremlinz, feedn the bot likez after midnight than throwing it in a thread to comment and do the digital backstroke.... I bet this is how Skynet startz uh huh yea lol. I realy need to sleep, no more coffee for me. "Sorry folks"
  • zkettellzkettell Posts: 33 Member
    Can I get a few likes please I really want to be a member, I have some ideas I want to post in the idea section but I can't because I'm still a new member!! Please help me out!!