Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Non-Default Custom Content: Information and How To

ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
Ever since it first became possible to create custom content in The Sims 4, everyone has been having issues with the game crashing when trying to create custom content that isn't a default replacement. To this day, some people are still having the problem, while others have successfully managed to create custom content. The newest version of Color Magic (http://sims4.the-prof.net/?p=265) has the most options in terms of creating non-default CC, but it still doesn't work on all content. Here is what I got:
  • Out of all the content I've tried, removing the DDS swatch from a CAS part and replacing it with a solid one can remove the crash issue. I don't know if this fixes the problem for all CAS parts since I haven't tried them all, but it works on the ones I've tried.
  • For the CAS parts that don't contain a single DDS swatch, a few of them work (for example, the male V t-shirt) but the majority of them still don't.

A lot of people are still relying on default replacements for their custom content. We're at the stage where we can make non-default CC, but our options are still limited.

Comments

• NoahBangsNoahBangs Posts: 91 Member
    Zerbu wrote: »
    Ever since it first became possible to create custom content in The Sims 4, everyone has been having issues with the game crashing when trying to create custom content that isn't a default replacement. To this day, some people are still having the problem, while others have successfully managed to create custom content. The newest version of Color Magic (http://sims4.the-prof.net/?p=265) has the most options in terms of creating non-default CC, but it still doesn't work on all content. Here is what I got:
    • Out of all the content I've tried, removing the DDS swatch from a CAS part and replacing it with a solid one can remove the crash issue. I don't know if this fixes the problem for all CAS parts since I haven't tried them all, but it works on the ones I've tried.
    • For the CAS parts that don't contain a single DDS swatch, a few of them work (for example, the male V t-shirt) but the majority of them still don't.

A lot of people are still relying on default replacements for their custom content. We're at the stage where we can make non-default CC, but our options are still limited.

I'm with you 100%. What's wrong with EA throwing diversity into the mix?
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    I've continued making CC, and unfortunately, the method of removing a DDS swatch doesn't work on all CAS part types. :(

Oh well, at least we have more options than we did before. Hopefully the tools will be perfected in the future to work on all types of CC.
  • mattyshadymattyshady Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Yeah this would be nice, I've tried to make a ym red t for a while and it just crashes everytime when you mouse over the swatch in the demo.. so there' that.

At first I thought it was because I didn't merge the layers in PS but it's not. Tried that.
  • mattyshadymattyshady Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Clothing I have tried to recolor/retexture:

Male:
    T-Shirts (first one worked) second one did not
    Polos (first one worked) second did not

Female:
    Leggings did not work
  • KektiKekti Posts: 5 New Member
    I've made several mens t-shirts all custom content non default replacements and they've worked flawlessly... I tried making a girls tank top and got the crashing while hovering issue, made girls t-shirt and it works flawlessly... so not really sure what's up with it.
  • xox_sugarlips_xoxxox_sugarlips_xox Posts: 98 Member
    mattyshady wrote: »
    Clothing I have tried to recolor/retexture:

Male:
    T-Shirts (first one worked) second one did not
    Polos (first one worked) second did not

Female:
    Leggings did not work

I've been trying to make some new non-default hair colours. It's been a hit and miss so far on which ones will work and which won't.

Everything seems fine until I get in game and click on the new swatch. Then nothing happens...
    VzmSMfi.png
    @Zerbu There is another tool available. It's called Caster (After Create-A-Style or CASt). Go check it out.
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    NoahBangs wrote: »
    @Zerbu There is another tool available. It's called Caster (After Create-A-Style or CASt). Go check it out.

Zerbu is the author of Caster ;)

NoahBangs wrote: »

Zerbu is the author of Caster ;)

I realized that after I posted.
  • LazysimmetteLazysimmette Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm getting a new computer, I was wondering how you can transfer all your CC to another computer or re download it via website that I can upload it all to, HELP !?