Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Accurate list of new and not returning features in Sims 4

Comments

• JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    averee90 wrote: »
    Don't forget to add 'no more family trees' to your list, since that was just recently confirmed by a simGuru. ;)

NEVER!
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Sims can cry real tears when death takes a family member - new (saw in video by SimsVIP.
  • deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member
    Unfortunately ghosts need to be added to the list of missing features. Here is the link with video proof from Alexis of simsvip.
    http://simsvip.com/2014/08/06/the-sims-4-death-by-hunger-no-ghosts/
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    I can't believe you called Will Wright a Sim in your first post. *facepalm*
  • deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member
    Sorry for the double post, but here is the source for the aspiration tidbit I gave you before about being able to keep your aspiration progress even when you switch to another one. The very handsome SimGuru Argus gave an interview to simsvip about the aspirations, he talks about them at the 2:50 mark. http://simsvip.com/2014/08/04/the-sims-4-interview-with-argus-hulin/
    I can't believe you called Will Wright a Sim in your first post. *facepalm*

I can't believe people don't know he is a Sim in Sims 2.

facepalm
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Waitttt, what the !@#$!?? No cars???
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
    edited August 2014
    I'm pretty sure there was no Will Wright Sim in the Sims 2. There was one in the Sims 1, but it came with the Makin' Magic EP. It also wasn't exactly a Sim. He was a sleeping giant. Since that was supposed to be a base game only list, I assumed they meant him as a developer, as he developed both The Sims 1 and 2.
    EDIT: And sorry for the "*facepalm*" in my post. It came across a bit ruder than I intended.
  • ErisineErisine Posts: 156 Member
    edited August 2014
    You know, scrolling through the list of removed features, it just seems like Sims 3 is still going to be a more advanced and modern game than Sims 4.

It's like, they did Sims 3, and some stuff didn't work out, so come Sims 4, they just decided to go back to the late 1990's and just add better graphics and two or three major gameplay elements (namely, EMOTIONS, as they constantly remind us). It's like they know we won't be happy, because they've been very careful to showcase only a FEW features. Sims 3 had great ideas, and I don't understand why they couldn't BUILD on that, and take advantage of newer technologies. Like 64bit. It's great the game runs on 'older computers', but geeze, I can go out and get a basic computer from Microcenter for 300 dollars that has at least 8 gigs of RAM and a fairly dependable CPU -- that's less than a console.

Wait -- are they dumbing this game down so they can later release Sims 4 directly to consoles, HMM?
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,655 Member
    AngelEb95 wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. How are they getting about, walking and taxi's? I love the cars :|
    MLgj4Vx.png
    February11 wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. How are they getting about, walking and taxi's? I love the cars :|

I'm pretty sure they teleport using a map.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    February11 wrote: »

No taxis. They teleport.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
    edited August 2014
    Bummer :|
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • MuglsMugls Posts: 39 Member
    I came here expecting a short list, but...

WOW!! It's such a long list of cut features :S
    ccuoe4L.gif
  • dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    (*)

I glossed over cut features because that will just depress me, and I hate being depressed x_x

I did however read intently on the included features. I needed motivation to buy Sims 4, and I'm now certain this game will grow over time, hopefully faster than Sims 3.

Thanks much for this list, I will check this a lot until game is released and give it a once over to determine my final stance on whether or not I will cough up 70 simoleons for this game. ;)

(*)
  • Nomad20Nomad20 Posts: 124 Member
    I haven't read replies yet, but there's one feature I didn't notice in the original posts. The fact that relationships now have a dedicated romance and friendship bar ought to make relationships more interesting, and I'm looking forward to it.

Also, on the topic of teens being the same height as adults, I think it's worth mentioning that this makes it much easier for the developers to animate. I know they've said somewhere that Sims 4 will ship with WAY more animations, and I think this might have something to do with it. So there's a hidden benefit to making them the same height, I think.

Nice post. I really felt like the other ones are just compiling reasons to dislike the game, and were caught up in overenthusiastic doom and gloom. This is a new game, and it deserves our attention on the lost features AND the added stuff.
  • TinaGFTinaGF Posts: 16 Member
    I am just patiently waiting for the game to come out. Then any rumors will be squashed and people can actually see the positive side about the game. I agree too many people focus on the negative aspects. when we should have all learned by now that more is always released with expansions. Just remember when had EA ever released a game and told us everything to expect. there is only a limited time left before we can play it
  • MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited August 2014
    Nomad20 wrote: »
    I haven't read replies yet, but there's one feature I didn't notice in the original posts. The fact that relationships now have a dedicated romance and friendship bar ought to make relationships more interesting, and I'm looking forward to it.

Also, on the topic of teens being the same height as adults, I think it's worth mentioning that this makes it much easier for the developers to animate. I know they've said somewhere that Sims 4 will ship with WAY more animations, and I think this might have something to do with it. So there's a hidden benefit to making them the same height, I think.

Nice post. I really felt like the other ones are just compiling reasons to dislike the game, and were caught up in overenthusiastic doom and gloom. This is a new game, and it deserves our attention on the lost features AND the added stuff.

I believe the friendship and romance bars were already in the Sims 2 though so it's not exactly a new feature. And this is just my opinion, but I really don't think there's a benefit to making them the same height, especially when you can't distinguish them from adults. It's easier for the developers to animate but this just shouts out "laziness" on their part and them just cutting corners. Plus I don't think having more animations in the game has anything to do with the teens being the same height.. It mostly has to do with this game being rushed (hence no toddlers, no ghosts, no family trees, etc). Besides, they say a lot of things. Animations may still be recycled from previous sim games, who knows but I wouldn't take their word for it. They also said routing issues have improved in the Sims 4 but I saw routing issues on one of their gameplay videos.

No dishwashers? I usually kill off unwanted Sims by fixing dishwashers!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Tinkerbelch26Tinkerbelch26 Posts: 647 Member
    What really gets me about some of the things people are complaining about the game NOT having are the ones they complained about Sims 3 having. Like Rabbit holes, the entire time of TS3 people complained about how they didn't like the rabbit holes, take them away! so they did and then everyone gets mad! like really? I just don't understand it sometimes.
    What really gets me about some of the things people are complaining about the game NOT having are the ones they complained about Sims 3 having. Like Rabbit holes, the entire time of TS3 people complained about how they didn't like the rabbit holes, take them away! so they did and then everyone gets mad! like really? I just don't understand it sometimes.

You can't expect people to make sense all the time.
  • DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    This post is SO MUCH better than the other one that is circulating by bflury. I do appreciate his list and taking the time to go and see which features are removed, but it soon became very apparent that he started adding every little thing he could and started padding the list to make it seem longer and longer, and like more things are missing. I said in a post on that forum that multiple things in his list could be part of the same category, but I didn't get a response from him. It is very obvious that that list is just trying to make it seem like things are worse than they actually probably are.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    This post is SO MUCH better than the other one that is circulating by bflury. I do appreciate his list and taking the time to go and see which features are removed, but it soon became very apparent that he started adding every little thing he could and started padding the list to make it seem longer and longer, and like more things are missing. I said in a post on that forum that multiple things in his list could be part of the same category, but I didn't get a response from him. It is very obvious that that list is just trying to make it seem like things are worse than they actually probably are.

As has been explained at least ONE HUNDRED TIMES before, the list has been compiled by countless numbers of people telling bflury what is out of the game. People wanted the things that they would miss in the game to be added. Who is bflury to say that someone's suggestion is less important than another?
    rifJadC.png
    As has been explained at least ONE HUNDRED TIMES before, the list has been compiled by countless numbers of people telling bflury what is out of the game. People wanted the things that they would miss in the game to be added. Who is bflury to say that someone's suggestion is less important than another?

Just because you have an explanation doesn't mean it's a good explanation; no matter how many times you repeat it.
  • koapsychocorekoapsychocore Posts: 342 Member
    Is there something about fossils somewhere? And the museum? Anyone know anything about those? If they are there, I am VERY excited for it.
    You can call me Corby.
    tumblr_n643b5yyHO1rdbefdo1_500.gif
    OriginID: cehall86