Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Accurate list of new and not returning features in Sims 4

Comments

• IconicIconic Posts: 427 Member
    No cars? I just saw a screenshot today of a few Sims gathered outside of a house and on the street, there was a car driving by.
    Yes, I am the one obsessed with Michael Myers.
    Origin ID: iRetr0
    tumblr_ph50sjUexV1r2aobgo3_540.gif
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    No cars? I just saw a screenshot today of a few Sims gathered outside of a house and on the street, there was a car driving by.

I think the argument is your Sims can't drive/own a car. Which to the best of my knowledge is true.
  • MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    Moonbarker wrote: »
    Will Wright isn't a sim (or is he?)

He was a Sim in Sims 2 and that's why he's listed as a "missing feature."

No lol, the reason he's listed as a "missing feature" is because he's the creator of the game and he's the one who gave the Sims charm. Ever since he left I don't think the game had that charm anymore. I think the last game that had that was the Sims 2. There seemed to be something missing in the Sims 3, the whole heart of the sims I guess you can say and as for Sims 4, well I know it's not released yet but from what I've seen and heard, I can't say I'm excited for it. But Will Wright isn't on that list merely because he's just a sim in one of the games, it's a lot more than that.

• meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    meggiewes wrote: »
    I know for a while that part time jobs were questionable. English Simmer posted a little Sims 4 lets play she was allowed to do and it had part time jobs for her teenager in the family.

One of the part time jobs was babysitting, but I don't know if that means that sims will be able to hire babysitters or if those babysitters would come to your house or not. I just thought it was interesting.

Can't you download a babysitter from the gallery then just take her out when your adults come home? That's what I'm going to do.

You probably could. But what will you do with that babysitter after you are done with her? Will she be part of the family from now on?
    Moonbarker wrote: »
    No lol, the reason he's listed as a "missing feature" is because he's the creator of the game and he's the one who gave the Sims charm.

I'm much too lazy to find the part where it was mentioned he's on the list because he was a Sim but this is close enough:
    bflury wrote: »
    There is no "Official" Cinemas in The Sims 2, you had to make those yourself.
    Its in the wiki, a second source will need to confirm this to be removed.
    Also Will Wright is a game designer not a "Feature", Unless you mean this Link - http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Will_Wright, But even then that was for an expansion.
    Its the "Easter Egg" in the list :). Someone suggested it and I thought it was funny :)

Either way he basically admitted it was more of a joke than anything. Anything to pad them numbers I guess ;)
  • Alli-beagleAlli-beagle Posts: 111 Member
    Some of these are not right there are 3 floors same as sims 3 just now basement i think...

And... why is everyone looking at the stuff thats not in the Sims 4 and not at what is
    Some of these are not right there are 3 floors same as sims 3 just now basement i think...

I actually thought you could build higher in Sims 3? I dunno, don't think I ever tried but I seem to recall seeing videos of people building higher houses.
  • Alli-beagleAlli-beagle Posts: 111 Member
    There is a whole bunch of new stuff (I like how your list is factual and not hateful like not pools not buying it now that is just mean)
  • Nicktyelor2Nicktyelor2 Posts: 25 Member
    edited August 2014

I actually thought you could build higher in Sims 3? I dunno, don't think I ever tried but I seem to recall seeing videos of people building higher houses.

You can definitely build higher in TS3. The max I believe is 5. I don't really understand why they would limit it to 3. I'm guessing more limitations from the engine... :\
  • Nicktyelor2Nicktyelor2 Posts: 25 Member

And... why is everyone looking at the stuff thats not in the Sims 4 and not at what is

Because even though they are adding in some niffty features, for some people, it's not balancing out. What they're taking out is more valuable to what they're adding. Particularly for builders and such. They seems to have gone in a different direction, away from customization and unique modding, towards making the game more approachable and accessible. It's just not what a lot of people were looking for in a new Sims game.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2014
    Clothes shopping or any kind of shopping without buying store content was not in the Sims 3 until ITF. Seeing we don't even have any idea of any eps - never mind patches that make changes for sims 4 - it is very misleading to even put clothes or any kind of shopping on a base game list. Only 1 of the series had clothes shopping. it is not unusual for any of the series thus far to include some things from previous series as well as omit some things. The point is to not be a carbon copy or just a do over of the game with just improvements. For people bored to tears by Sims 3 - I can assure you they did not want just a better Sims 3 - they wanted an all new experience.

It is part of the excitement of sims - wondering what you are going to get and watching it all unfold in the game. I will never count anything that was just in 1 or more previous series as a game staple. A staple is something that has been in every game - like it or not that is the way it is.

Many of us did not like CASt after we saw what happens even on very high end computers if you save everything you recolor. I don't know about you but I did not like sitting there 6 hours waiting for parts of the catalogue to come up to make a family of 3 - and the tons of recolored patches I already had - as i was guilty of saving every single one thinking it would save me time. Never was i more wrong. It was just another thing to slow down the game over all. The more it was used the bulkier it grew. By the time Sims 3 was done and I owned every last thing out there for the sims 3 - even my supercomputer was not responding as I wanted it to because of CASt. I proved it by reinstalling every last blasted thing - including the entire store, and not readding any pattern or any of the things CASt held - and the game played nice for about a week or two until I reverted back adding patterns in. Wasting 2-3 days every couple of weeks just to keep CASt under wraps was getting beyond tedious. I am glad it is gone -

But for those of you who are big time creators I really do hope you get at least a color wheel - as I do have lots of creator friends and I honestly do feel their pain too. I guess it is not their fault I save every last thing - so to be fair - I would appreciate seeing something for the creators who do such beautiful work that benefit us all. Maybe even a seperate tool installed like CAW so it was an option for those who want it - might be a solution for all of us. I would be extremely happy to see EA at least consider doing this for all our wonderful Creators. Have a heart EA.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• rk800rk800 Posts: 541 Member
    kovu0207 wrote: »
    Don't we already have a thread like this?

This is an accurate list though.

Accurate to yourself? You took out 50% of the items on the not returning list and then tried to use your own opinion to back it up.
    2cr3bs9.png
    rk800 wrote: »

Accurate to yourself? You took out 50% of the items on the not returning list and then tried to use your own opinion to back it up.

You consider zero evidence that ghosts, aliens, burglars, etc aren't in Sims 4 as "my opinion"?

Okay...

I mean heck, if we're just going to make stuff up without providing evidence why don't we just say there is no elder life state to see how fast we can spread that rumor.
  • rk800rk800 Posts: 541 Member

You consider zero evidence that ghosts, aliens, burglars, etc aren't in Sims 4 as "my opinion"?

Okay...

I mean heck, if we're just going to make stuff up without providing evidence why don't we just say there is no elder life state to see how fast we can spread that rumor.

Let's put it this way. Your "improved" list has a ton of bias in it. I can clearly tell your side, which is wrong when your trying to simply inform somebody and let them make their own opinion.
    2cr3bs9.png
    Let's put it this way. Your "improved" list has a ton of bias in it. I can clearly tell your side, which is wrong when your trying to simply inform somebody and let them make their own opinion.

Wait wait wait. My information is wrong due to my bias but the other list is perfectly legit even though half the things on the list are mere rumors instead of facts?

Okay...
  • I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited August 2014
    They really should have given TS4 forum a separate site. We will forever be battling with nay sayers.
    Post edited by I_am_bean on
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited August 2014
    You can build five levels in TS3 plus the attic and the three basements (that is since WA the first EP), we have now just three levels, and assuming that the foundation counts as one level as it has always been in sims series, that leaves only two stories houses... and no terrain tools, ponds etc, I know one can say, I couldn´t care less I never build houses... but thousands of simmers do build beautifull houses with torrets and all... and hundred thousand download them on the Exchange so I think it is something that counts like a big big step down
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    junceda wrote: »
    You can build five levels in TS3 plus the attic and the three basements (that is since WA the first EP), we have now just three levels, and assuming that the foundation counts as one level as it has always been in sims series, that leaves only two stories houses... and no terrain tools, ponds etc, I know one can say, I couldn´t care less I never build houses... but thousands of simmers do build beautifull houses with torrets and all... and hundred thousand download them on the Exchange so I think it is something that counts like a big big step down
    I'm pretty sure you can build 3 stories high, not counting the foundation, plus an attic floor. Plus we have the added ability to make the walls taller, major changes in adding and adjusting the roofs and a few other great building tools. Missing terrain tools right now is disappointing, though, so hopefully they'll address that in a patch or EP pretty early on.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • AngelicScotAngelicScot Posts: 125 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Clothes shopping or any kind of shopping without buying store content was not in the Sims 3 until ITF. Seeing we don't even have any idea of any eps - never mind patches that make changes for sims 4 - it is very misleading to even put clothes or any kind of shopping on a base game list. Only 1 of the series had clothes shopping. it is not unusual for any of the series thus far to include some things from previous series as well as omit some things. The point is to not be a carbon copy or just a do over of the game with just improvements. For people bored to tears by Sims 3 - I can assure you they did not want just a better Sims 3 - they wanted an all new experience.

It is part of the excitement of sims - wondering what you are going to get and watching it all unfold in the game. I will never count anything that was just in 1 or more previous series as a game staple. A staple is something that has been in every game - like it or not that is the way it is.

Many of us did not like CASt after we saw what happens even on very high end computers if you save everything you recolor. I don't know about you but I did not like sitting there 6 hours waiting for parts of the catalogue to come up to make a family of 3 - and the tons of recolored patches I already had - as i was guilty of saving every single one thinking it would save me time. Never was i more wrong. It was just another thing to slow down the game over all. The more it was used the bulkier it grew. By the time Sims 3 was done and I owned every last thing out there for the sims 3 - even my supercomputer was not responding as I wanted it to because of CASt. I proved it by reinstalling every last blasted thing - including the entire store, and not readding any pattern or any of the things CASt held - and the game played nice for about a week or two until I reverted back adding patterns in. Wasting 2-3 days every couple of weeks just to keep CASt under wraps was getting beyond tedious. I am glad it is gone -

But for those of you who are big time creators I really do hope you get at least a color wheel - as I do have lots of creator friends and I honestly do feel their pain too. I guess it is not their fault I save every last thing - so to be fair - I would appreciate seeing something for the creators who do such beautiful work that benefit us all. Maybe even a seperate tool installed like CAW so it was an option for those who want it - might be a solution for all of us. I would be extremely happy to see EA at least consider doing this for all our wonderful Creators. Have a heart EA.

Actually, both Sims 1 and Sims 2 had shopping for clothes.
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member

List of features/game play missing from Sims 4 launch that were in previous Sims games at their respective launch:
    --Babies are mere objects
    --Clothing shopping:
    --Fewer floors/levels
    --No acne
    --No animated hair
    --No aspiration failures
    --No bikes:
    --No bookstores
    --No cars
    --No cemeteries
    --No changing tables
    --No cinemas
    --No color wheel
    --No create a style (CAST)
    --No diseases or illness
    --No dish washers
    --No eyelash length slider
    --No gardeners for hire
    --No grocery stores
    --No move object cheat
    --No multi-tone hair color
    --No open world; loading screens between lots
    --No random deaths
    --No story progression
    --No swimming; no pools and no swimming in other bodies of water.
    --No terrain tools other than paint
    --No toddlers
    --No tragic clown or social bunny
    --No trash compactors
    --Smaller lots: lots are limited to 50x50 instead of 64x64
    --Smaller worlds

OMG!

Thank you.

Unbeliaveble!

Terrible, shoddy, lacking game.

No need to buy it.

So many huge deal-breakers. Nothing that makes up for it.
  • bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    Wait wait wait. My information is wrong due to my bias but the other list is perfectly legit even though half the things on the list are mere rumors instead of facts?

Okay...
    Joe, Joe, Joe. Oh wow. Dude, we have had this discussion at least ten times with you. There aren't any rumors on the other list (well besides the rumor section clearly identified at the bottom). There are a few minor mistakes which we identified last week, some sources that need to be updated, and some debatable duplicates. That's it! The only reason it hasn't been updated is due to a bug on the forums, but I am planning to address it in the next day or two anyway.

For the most part I have stayed clear of your new feature list. I CERTAINLY haven't been bashing it in other threads as you just did to mine above. The fact is there is ABSOLUTELY no way you can provide a credible list of features missing, just as I'm sure most people (unfortunately) doubt I could provide a credible list of new features in the game. It just can't happen given our opinions on the game.

Will you please just do the mature thing and close this thread? Its just confusing people.
    Post edited by bflury on
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.

Okay...
    Joe, Joe, Joe. Oh wow. Dude, we have had this discussion at least ten times with you. There aren't any rumors on the other list (well besides the rumor section clearly identified at the bottom). There are a few minor mistakes which we identified last week, some sources that need to be updated, and some debatable duplicates. That's it! The only reason it hasn't been updated is due to a bug on the forums, but I am planning to address it in the next day or two anyway.

For the most part I have stayed clear of your list. I CERTAINLY haven't been bashing it in other threads as you just did to mine above. The fact is there is ABSOLUTELY no way you can provide a credible list of features missing, just as I'm sure most people (unfortunately) doubt I could provide a credible list of new features in the game. It just can't happen given our opinions on the game.

Will you please just do the mature thing and close this thread? Its just confusing people.
    27717-Zelda-Abandon-thread-gif-LwhD.gif

Let's just hope he's telling the truth this time.

You broke my heart :(
  • simlishmorksimlishmork Posts: 6 New Member
    Has this been said? You can also "add wedding topper" to any cake, similar to birthday candles. If I find out where I saw it, I'll link. Hopefully someone else remembers seeing it too.
    Has this been said? You can also "add wedding topper" to any cake, similar to birthday candles. If I find out where I saw it, I'll link. Hopefully someone else remembers seeing it too.

That sounds pretty fun :D
  • averee90averee90 Posts: 448 Member
    edited August 2014
    Don't forget to add 'no more family trees' to your list, since that was just recently confirmed by a simGuru. ;)

Family trees were in both TS3 and TS2. Not sure about TS1.