Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Accurate list of new and not returning features in Sims 4

Comments

• JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    As to the world size, again, I'd say that it is not misleading to say that the world is smaller. Your response that the worlds are smaller but you can travel is a reasonable example of how the Sims 4 may attempt to compensate for this, and it's something people can consider. But the worlds are indeed smaller than they were in TS3.

Alright, I think you're making a good point. The worlds are indeed smaller but I'm going to add a note stating your Sim can travel to other worlds so they aren't limited to just 25 lots.
    Moveobjects is MIA. Maybe they're working on getting it in at launch. But until it's confirmed that it is in, I don't see the problem with it being on the list.

Wouldn't it make more sense to include it in the list when it's confirmed it's not going to be in the game? :/
    Clothes shopping and unlockable clothing are not the same thing. Clothes shopping is out. In your opinion, unlockable clothing could make up for that, and it's all right for you to think so and to point out that it's possibly an alternative. Same thing goes for fewer traits. But to say that there is no clothes shopping and that there are fewer traits than there were in TS3 is not an opinion. It's confirmed.

Clothes shopping and unlockable clothes are just different systems, they aren't necessarily missing.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    As to the world size, again, I'd say that it is not misleading to say that the world is smaller. Your response that the worlds are smaller but you can travel is a reasonable example of how the Sims 4 may attempt to compensate for this, and it's something people can consider. But the worlds are indeed smaller than they were in TS3.

Alright, I think you're making a good point. The worlds are indeed smaller but I'm going to add a note stating your Sim can travel to other worlds so they aren't limited to just 25 lots.
    Moveobjects is MIA. Maybe they're working on getting it in at launch. But until it's confirmed that it is in, I don't see the problem with it being on the list.

Wouldn't it make more sense to include it in the list when it's confirmed it's not going to be in the game? :/
    Clothes shopping and unlockable clothing are not the same thing. Clothes shopping is out. In your opinion, unlockable clothing could make up for that, and it's all right for you to think so and to point out that it's possibly an alternative. Same thing goes for fewer traits. But to say that there is no clothes shopping and that there are fewer traits than there were in TS3 is not an opinion. It's confirmed.

Clothes shopping and unlockable clothes are just different systems, they aren't necessarily missing.

It is confirmed by multiple sources that moveobjects is not in the game. So, for now I'd argue that it has a place on the list. It makes more sense to remove it when/if they confirm that they've added it.

Clothes shopping (going to a shop, choosing an outfit, and paying for it) is not in the game. It's your opinion that unlockable clothes makes up for that. Other players miss the experience of taking their sims to a shop. Again, while you may have presented a possible alternative to clothes shopping in TS4, shopping itself is out.

IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Kimmert111Kimmert111 Posts: 27 Member
    I think that there are many new features in the sims 4 which will make the game a new experience for the fans.
    I am sure people will find the game despite the lack of toddler or pool.
    It is confirmed by multiple sources that moveobjects is not in the game. So, for now I'd argue that it has a place on the list. It makes more sense to remove it when/if they confirm that they've added it.

When was that confirmed? Wasn't it also confirmed at the same time that they are trying to get it in the game? :/

It's not the same as toddlers where they came right out and admitted it's not going to be in the game.
    Clothes shopping (going to a shop, choosing an outfit, and paying for it) is not in the game. It's your opinion that unlockable clothes makes up for that. Other players miss the experience of taking their sims to a shop. Again, while you may have presented a possible alternative to clothes shopping in TS4, shopping itself is out.

Alright, I'll do the same as I did for the smaller worlds bit.
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    I find your list to be very inaccurate and actually it seems like instead of trying to post about information about missing products that you're trying to promote the sims 4 game.

Open world and loading screens are two different things. You know this because an open world can have loading screens. Sims 4 is not an open world game it is closed world because it loads by lot to each new lot. There is no large space to roam and explore which clearly distinguishes why it is not an open world and it justified it being on the list as two separate.

Traits choices are less because that is a fact. What you prefer has nothing to do with the fact there are fewer trait choices. I find bflurry's list to be more accurrate because it is less about his opinion and more on what the game lacks. You should have stuck to doing the list for what is in the game rather than what is not. But it's clear both lists are highly opinionated that you made and less about providing accurate information.
    Anavastia wrote: »
    I find bflurry's list to be more accurrate because it is less about his opinion and more on what the game lacks.

I agree, if you prefer to read a list of rumors about things missing from the game then that is the thread to read.

If you wish to have an actual discussion about new/missing features then I think this would be a better place to have said discussion.
    edited August 2014

When was that confirmed? Wasn't it also confirmed at the same time that they are trying to get it in the game? :/

It's not the same as toddlers where they came right out and admitted it's not going to be in the game.

It was in some of the camper's reviews. I could hunt it down, but I have to go to work in a few hours. :p
    EDIT: Ok, so it was easier to find than I thought it would be. This is from Ruthless_KK's blog:
    http://getsimplyruthless.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-roofthe-roofthe-roof-is-on-fire.html

Basically, my argument about leaving the MOO cheat on the list is that right now we know that it is not in the game. That is neither misleading nor inaccurate. Now, it does seem like they are considering a way to bring it back. But "considering it" does not mean that it absolutely will happen, and it if it does, it does not mean that it will happen at launch. So, if I were the one making a fact sheet, I'd leave "No moveobjects" on, until something changed.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
    Basically, my argument about leaving the MOO cheat on the list is that right now we know that it is not in the game. That is neither misleading nor inaccurate. Now, we do have confirmation that they are considering a way to bring it back. But "considering it" does not mean that it absolutely will happen, and it if it does, it does not mean that it will happen at launch. So, if I were the one making a fact sheet, I'd leave "No moveobjects" on, until something changed.

Okay you win :p
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    My input:

random deaths--from what I understand, there are random deaths (I believe only for sims you've played before since they say there are no life-changing events for non-played sims) but you get a pop up giving you the chance to avoid the death. I seem to recall Graham explaining the pop up thing. So, they might randomly attempt to kill your sim but you'll have the opportunity to save them. There are no unavoidable random deaths, apparently. Also, there is currently no death by satellite but a guru mentioned that it will likely make a return at some point because it was a favorite of the devs.

Babies--I believe (I don't have a source for this right now, so I wouldn't change it yet) that the babies do have needs but you can't see them so you'll have to figure out what they are as you go.

Cemeteries--when a sim dies, Grimmy leaves an urn. You can place the urn outside to turn it into a gravestone. I'm assuming you essentially have to kill of a bunch of sims to make a cemetery but since you can make any lot whatever want, you can raze a lot in use or use an empty one to set up a cemetery if you want. Not exactly the same thing since I'm not sure a gravestone is a mood enhancer so it might not affect other sims to walk through a cemetery you've created (if that makes sense). I believe that's what the guru meant when he said that.

You may want to edit "No modifications to plum space" to "public" (I'm guessing you misspelled public the first time and it got censored :D ). Ok, so apparently the word p.u.b.l.i.c. is censored? Seriously EA, can you not get the censor set up to not be so sensitive?

You should include:
    --Limited open world with loading screens since TS4 does NOT have an open world like people are used to OR remove the loading screens from the list and list it as "No open world; loading screens between lots"
    --Smaller worlds with perhaps a qualification that moving between worlds has no impact like it did previously so eventually we could have a larger world.
    --No swimming/swimwear--your logic is faulty; just because there's no pool does not automatically mean to me there's no swimming. They have some gorgeous water areas and without knowing about it, I might expect to be able to swim in them since there are no pools.
    --I would leave the Move Object Cheat with the qualification that they're working on getting it back in the game and remove it when they announce it's back in.
    --No story progression (it's not optional and people are used to it from TS3)
    --No newspapers (it doesn't matter that it's an opinion whether it's liked or not, it's been in every base game)
    --No color wheel should be noted specifically under CASt if not listed separately since it's something that could be done separately
    --No dinner proposals (I'm pretty sure I saw a guru confirm this; if I find the link I'll post it)
    --No hot tubs (there are no swimsuits; I think it's a no-brainer to include no hot tubs)
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
    I find bflurry's list to be more accurrate because it is less about his opinion and more on what the game lacks.

I agree, if you prefer to read a list of rumors about things missing from the game then that is the thread to read.

If you wish to have an actual discussion about new/missing features then I think this would be a better place to have said discussion.

There was information they've founded about from the dev's tweets, interviews on twitter, from links of people who played the game and have show cased it, things of just plain common sense when you watch the trailers and play throughs. When there is an announcement on features he goes back and corrects them when things change. However the ones that he has not verified have gone under unverified list. You however have gone through the list and just reading yours have posted your personal opinion all over. It's not about what you find unnecessary or not if it's information it goes on the list. Simple as that.

You can't call a list accurate if you ommit information because you feel it's not relevant or up to your snuff.
  • Staple_SaladStaple_Salad Posts: 474 Member
    I don't know why people are so upset about CASt, open worlds, and story progression. Even with a higher-end or newer computer they made TS3 run pretty terrible. I avoid certain neighborhoods (even though I love the gameplay they add) just because the strain on my system is too much with all the routing issues, stuck sims, cars, etc. Even when those 'hoods aren't an issue, it's not very fun to spend 30min between launching the program and creating a new save file, only to have to wait another few minutes for textures to load any time you visit a new lot. TS2 plays like a dream and played like a dream (besides bugs) on what would have been an average-decent computer on launch.
    ebuchala wrote: »
    My input:

random deaths--from what I understand, there are random deaths (I believe only for sims you've played before since they say there are no life-changing events for non-played sims) but you get a pop up giving you the chance to avoid the death. I seem to recall Graham explaining the pop up thing. So, they might randomly attempt to kill your sim but you'll have the opportunity to save them. There are no unavoidable random deaths, apparently.

Hmm...so in a sense it works exactly like previous Sims games except instead of carrying around a death flower all the time you just say you don't want the Sim to die. Basically the same thing.
    Cemeteries--when a sim dies, Grimmy leaves an urn. You can place the urn outside to turn it into a gravestone. I'm assuming you essentially have to kill of a bunch of sims to make a cemetery but since you can make any lot whatever want, you can raze a lot in use or use an empty one to set up a cemetery if you want. Not exactly the same thing since I'm not sure a gravestone is a mood enhancer so it might not affect other sims to walk through a cemetery you've created (if that makes sense). I believe that's what the guru meant when he said that.

I have to admit if that's what the Guru meant then it's not really the same thing. While it's still a cool thing to be able to do it just doesn't seem the same.
    You may want to edit "No modifications to plum space" to "public" (I'm guessing you misspelled public the first time and it got censored :D )

I probably forgot the L, that's too funny.
    You should include:
    --Limited open world with loading screens since TS4 does NOT have an open world like people are used to OR remove the loading screens from the list and list it as "No open world; loading screens between lots"
    --Smaller worlds with perhaps a qualification that moving between worlds has no impact like it did previously so eventually we could have a larger world.
    --No swimming/swimwear--your logic is faulty; just because there's no pool does not automatically mean to me there's no swimming. They have some gorgeous water areas and without knowing about it, I might expect to be able to swim in them since there are no pools.
    --I would leave the Move Object Cheat with the qualification that they're working on getting it back in the game and remove it when they announce it's back in.
    --No story progression (it's not optional and people are used to it from TS3)
    --No newspapers (it doesn't matter that it's an opinion whether it's liked or not, it's been in every base game)
    --No color wheel should be noted specifically under CASt if not listed separately since it's something that could be done separately
    --No dinner proposals (I'm pretty sure I saw a guru confirm this; if I find the link I'll post it)
    --No hot tubs (there are no swimsuits; I think it's a no-brainer to include no hot tubs)

Man, putting me to work :(

edited August 2014
    However the ones that he has not verified have gone under unverified list.

This is not true at all. Everything in the list so far has been directly in response to that very list. I used the sources found in that thread as well. For example "no burglars." At this point it's merely a rumor that burglars don't exist in Sims 4 yet it's listed as a "missing" feature on that thread and it's been pointed out to him several times.

My reasoning are simply why I placed items in their respective categories. It's not my opinion that these items are not important or are inaccurate.
    I don't know why people are so upset about CASt, open worlds, and story progression. Even with a higher-end or newer computer they made TS3 run pretty terrible. I avoid certain neighborhoods (even though I love the gameplay they add) just because the strain on my system is too much with all the routing issues, stuck sims, cars, etc. Even when those 'hoods aren't an issue, it's not very fun to spend 30min between launching the program and creating a new save file, only to have to wait another few minutes for textures to load any time you visit a new lot. TS2 plays like a dream and played like a dream (besides bugs) on what would have been an average-decent computer on launch.

My computer runs TS3 fine. The only world that I have major lag problems in is Isla Paradiso. I admit that stuck sims and cars are a pain, and I eventually had to turn to mods for that. But, honestly if a modder could make neighborhoods run easier, couldn't the devs?

Anyway, maybe open worlds and story progression came with their share of issues. But TS3's base game came out in 2009. I think a lot of simmers were anticipating that they'd try to optimize these features since they were working with new tech. I know that a lot of people say that they're willing to trade these things if the game runs smoother. But, we don't know how much smoother it runs yet. We don't know what it will be like after a few expansions. I don't think of myself as a pessimist, but I believe that the proof is in the pudding. TS4 could still be laggy. We don't know.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    edited August 2014
    Haven't you heard? Improve, don't remove. All those things could have been improved on for better performance and/or made optional. That is why people are upset. Sadly, I think they could have done all this and more if they had the time, but they didn't. \:
    We don't know what it will be like after a few expansions.
    I forget where it was mentioned or if it was by a guru, regardless, someone made a good point. Since you're only loading individual lots, those load times should never change based on how many expansions you have. The initial start-up will probably be longer, that's a given, but it wouldn't add time to each individual lot, if that makes sense. If I find the exact words I'll edit this post.
    However the ones that he has not verified have gone under unverified list.

This is not true at all. Everything in the list so far has been directly in response to that very list. I used the sources found in that thread as well. For example "no burglars." At this point it's merely a rumor that burglars don't exist in Sims 4 yet it's listed as a "missing" feature on that thread and it's been pointed out to him several times.

My reasoning are simply why I placed items in their respective categories. It's my opinion that these items are not important or are inaccurate.

Yes your opinion which is what makes the list inaccurate. Like i said you're ommitting things deliberately. Which makes your list inaccurate as well.

Do you know what missing means? It means the feature has not been identified yet or found. When it is found guess what he doesn't he takes and it off the list? How is it wrong that it's in the missing features if no one has seen or found burglars yet. Than the feature is missing. Like i said you want him to write the lists according to your opinion. He won't do it so you create another thread that is misleading and inaccurate. You can't say this list is accurate when it is not.
    Yes your opinion which is what makes the list inaccurate.

/forehead smack

I meant to say it's NOT my opinion.
    Like i said you're ommitting things deliberately. Which makes your list inaccurate as well.

Okay you've said this several times without elaborating. Please elaborate or stop saying this.
    Do you know what missing means? It means the feature has not been identified yet or found.

Again not seeing something in a version of the game that is not the official release of said game does not mean that feature will be missing from launch.

If you have nothing further to add I think we're done here because we are just arguing in circles now :)
  • DemyanoSlavDemyanoSlav Posts: 581 Member
    A feature can't be 'missing', if it wasn't promised in the first place..
    Alourra wrote: »
    We don't know what it will be like after a few expansions.
    I forget where it was mentioned or if it was by a guru, regardless, someone made a good point. Since you're only loading individual lots, those load times should never change based on how many expansions you have. The initial start-up will probably be longer, that's a given, but it wouldn't add time to each individual lot, if that makes sense. If I find the exact words I'll edit this post.

I guess I was talking more about lag and bugginess in general than load times. However, it's good news that the amount of expansions may not affect load times.

IHJCfa6.jpg
  • deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member
    Hey Joe I love this thread, a few things i want to point out though. I did not see you mention multitasking in the list of new features, that is one of the big new things we are getting. Multitasking for example allows our sims to not only do more things at once but also fulfill more than one need at a time, for example your sim child can do their homework, talk to their friend (filling their social need), and listen to music (filling their fun need) all at once. I also wanted to add that you can choose to change your sims aspirations at anytime, and the game will save the progress you made if you choose to change it back, so you can literally have your sims achieve any/every aspiration if you want. I could be wrong but I didn't see these things listed on this thread.
  • northfieldnorthfield Posts: 38 Member
    Why can't we just look at the positive aspects of the game!? Instead of just pointing out what's wrong/missing from the game
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    northfield wrote: »
    Why can't we just look at the positive aspects of the game!? Instead of just pointing out what's wrong/missing from the game
    Here's a link to the thread with just the features and additions listed.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
    edited August 2014
    northfield wrote: »

I think that comparing the game to its predecessors is inevitable. People are always interested in knowing what's new, what's different, and what features from previous games no longer exist.

I don't think that it's always a negative thing to point out that something from a previous iteration of a game hasn't made it into the most current version. To me, it's compiling info. You take that info for what it is and you're the one who decides if the changes have a positive or negative impact on you. Anyway, there is a list of confirmed new features as well. (ebuchala beat me to posting the link. :) )

IHJCfa6.jpg
    deibreak wrote: »
    Hey Joe I love this thread, a few things i want to point out though. I did not see you mention multitasking in the list of new features, that is one of the big new things we are getting. Multitasking for example allows our sims to not only do more things at once but also fulfill more than one need at a time, for example your sim child can do their homework, talk to their friend (filling their social need), and listen to music (filling their fun need) all at once. I also wanted to add that you can choose to change your sims aspirations at anytime, and the game will save the progress you made if you choose to change it back, so you can literally have your sims achieve any/every aspiration if you want. I could be wrong but I didn't see these things listed on this thread.

Multitasking is listed under Sim Life :D

Also it is in the list about being able to complete all aspirations but I'll add a note about it saving your progress if you switch to another aspiration and switch back. That's kind of nifty. Thank ya :)
  • bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    Was this really necessary? Your never going to have an accurate list of features missing, just as I would have a hard time having a list of features that were included. Lets keep them separate.

For Christ sake you had to be told to add "No Open World"?

The original list has a few (arguable) duplicates, but even these are arguable at best. Everything else was accurate, except for the one single Easter egg I included which was at the suggestion of "Will Wright" which was a lot kinder than what some other posters asked for me to say.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.