Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MYTHOS: cycle one.

spackichanspackichan Posts: 1,183 Member
edited October 2015 in The Sims 3 Sims and Modeling
2hhk4kx.png

Hello and welcome to Mythos!

The first cycle of a mythological-based competition, we'll be focusing on the popular global legends of old - Greek, Norse and Egyptian myths alongside local folklore surrounding various parts of the world. From creepy creatures to god-like figures from history, your picture will be rewriting their stories!

All of the assignments will give you a lot of free reign on what you'd like to portray, as requirements will only give you very basic pointers in the right direction. I aim for this to let your creativity really shine through, so mostly anything goes in your shots. You retell these legends!

Prefer fantasy over fashion? Sign-ups below! I'll be accepting 10 models with 8 rounds, but if more would like to enter, the mock will be an elimination round.
I'll be leaving these open for a short while, as I'm aware everyone has alot going on.

2v0kh9g.png

•No negativity whatsoever, it simply won't be tolerated.
•Custom content and editing is highly recommended.
•No face plastering or photo-skinning.
•I use GMT time to set deadlines and such - please plan accordingly.
•Each assignment lasts seven days total.
•Three extensions may be granted, at five days maximum per extension.
•Any nudity and/or graphic content, please post to tumblr and reference here.
•If you feel you need to drop for whatever reason, let me know rather than not show.
•Please enjoy yourself!

34tbh4w.png

2jd1k5y.png25z3tq0.png1si000.png

f03dkm.png

2n0sh01.png

23m5sut.png

Scoring will be out of a possible 100.

Creativity ?/20: Did this shot really wow you? We're looking for who really took our breath away with impact.
Lore-friendly ?/20: I'll be keeping assignment briefings short and sweet, but who really read that over, and took in the clues? Who did their research?
Model Styling ?/20: Self-explanatory. Are Medusa's snakes looking as clean and fresh as they should be? Is that beer I see on your heroes shoes? Keep your model looking good and fitting their style!
Setting ?/20: Just what does that Sphinx think it's doing in the middle of the jungle? Get back to the pyramids! - Be sure your setting fits what you're looking to portray.
Overall ?/20: Putting all of the above requirements together, did everything work in harmony?

(◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
Post edited by spackichan on

Comments

• spackichanspackichan Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited October 2015
    66f4w6.png

I want to thank you all for competing! You're all so talented and thankyou all for being so patient with how slow this has ran/how quickly I've had to end it.
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
    edited October 2015
    15s1t1j.png

FINALE

First place: MIZZIE WITH SANTANA RIVERIA.

21217000523_79e084ea65_o.png

2jd1k5y.png
    Creativity: 19/20
    Lore-friendly: 20/20
    Model Styling: 20/20
    Setting: 19/20
    Overall: 19/20
    Total: 97/100

Wooooow Mizzie! I’m so blown away with this entry. The posing and how immaculate your editing skills are in terms of armour. Everything is meshing together so well in this photograph, and I like that you’ve chosen to have Santana overlook the battleground. She screams Valkyrie, and this is probably my favourite entry this round.

25z3tq0.png
    JOE:
    Lore-friendly: 19/20
    Model-styling: 19/20
    Setting: 20/20
    Total: 96/100

1si000.png
    MAGGIE:
    Lore-friendly: 20/20
    Setting: 18/20

Mizzie, this is amazing! This literally blew me away, you are getting so good! Your model, I’m infatuated with, and she looks AMAZING here! Great use of hair stocks, and amazing armor choice. I love the skirt you drew, and the wings are fantastic. I love the set AND the addition to Valhalla in the distance, and I love that she is looking at it! I love the detail you added with the color highlighting on the wings and and to your model, it really sets her IN the background! I just really love this battle scene, this was my favorite this round! This is an amazing finale entry and I loved how far you’ve came!

Second place: ELIA WITH CELESTRE EXODIA

qzgmZZf.png

2jd1k5y.png
    CHAN:
    CHAN:
    Lore-friendly: 19/20

Mega, super impressed with your editing yet again girl! I love the attention to detail you always bring to the table, your highlighting and shadowing is to die for. I really like that you’ve kept true to Celestre throughout, and I feel her blue hair really fits in well here. I wish I had something I could advise you on in terms of improvement but this shot is just gorgeous. Well done. :kissing_heart:

25z3tq0.png
    JOE:
    Lore-friendly: 18/20
    94/100

1si000.png
    MAGGIE:
    Creativity: 18/20
    Model Styling: 19/20
    Total: 93/100

I just love this. I love the look of your model and I love that she’s mounted. I love the glowy/magical feel of your photo, and I love the styling and setting. Although she is wounded and in armor and holding a weapon, I don’t really get ‘battle’, I know it wasn’t a set requirement more like a wish, but it would have been cool to see your battlefield, or someone she’s selecting to go to Valhalla. Overall though, I think is is a strong entry and a great finale photo!

Third place: BEECH AND JANELLE ASHTON.

20771595264_4960dd4b95_b.jpg

2jd1k5y.png
    CHAN:
    Lore-friendly: 16/20
    Overall: 18/20
    Total: 89/100

Beech, this is absolutely stunning! I love how everything flows together really nicely, and the colour scheme is just right for a shot like this. I’d have loved to have seen a little more in terms of the fallen warrior she’d chosen to take to Valhalla with her, but I think the shadow gives a certain air of mystery. My only qualm is the shading on Janelle – it’s super harsh, and while I suppose it’s because of the moon being her backlight, I feel it could’ve been a little less in your face. Overall though, I adore this.

25z3tq0.png
    JOE:
    Model Styling: 18/20
    Total: 92/100

1si000.png
    MAGGIE:
    Lore-friendly: 17/20
    Setting: 17/20
    Total: 89/100

Wow Beech! Janelle is looking so amazingly fierce in this image! I love all the armor and her hair, I think you did a good job with the stock and incorporating more fly-aways and hair chunks over her arm to really make it feel “flowy”. My biggest issue with your photo is the harshness of the shading. I think a bigger brush, or more blur along with a different blending mode would have made it more realistic and less ashy. The feel of Valkyrie isn’t as strong as I would have liked to seen, if the warrior in the corner were perhaps clearer, or if there were more than one, it might have had more of an impact. Overall though, I feel this was an excellent entry for a finale!

Fourth place: LADY WITH HARLEY BLAND
    21539831492_c0b859de19_h.jpg

2jd1k5y.png
    CHAN:
    Model Styling: 18/20
    Total: 92/100

This picture is probably my favourite in terms of diversity. It’s clear you’ve had to do quite a bit when it comes to the backdrop, and for some reason I’m really taken with her ‘wings’, though they’re not classic Valkyrie. The colour scheme is beautiful, but my only fault being I don’t particularly like how futuristic the city looks amongst it all. Really, really well executed though.

25z3tq0.png
    JOE:
    Total: 91/100

1si000.png
    MAGGIE: MAGGIE:
    Creativity: 15/20
    Lore-friendly: 10/20
    Model Styling: 15/20
    Setting: 15/20
    Overall: 15/20
    Total: 70/100

Although a pretty picture, I feel like you missed the mark with this photo. I feel like her armor is the wrong style and colors for a fierce Valkyrie, neither do the wings. The set does look like it’s depicting a battle, but some of the components feel mashed together, especially the castle/city in the center looks almost futuristic.

(◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
    edited August 2014
    Sign-ups open! :mrgreen:
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • TheAyaseFanaticTheAyaseFanatic Posts: 205 Member
    edited August 2014
    Please reserve me :D

Would a1 be due before september 4/5th? Because I am in England from the 17th until then and that could make things difficult :D

200TH POST! WOOO
    edited August 2014
    it really depends on how many sign-ups this will get. c: if we get enough people and you're away until then, i can give you a little extra time if you want?
    oh and reserved!
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    Hmm I'm not sure I'll get kicked out of a recent competition (because I'm a loser and I forgot my deadline :'( ) Either way, I'll probably want to participate here <3! Reserve moi Chan ^^!
    reserved mon cheri! silly silly, missing deadlines :p
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • CyazuraiCyazurai Posts: 1,284 Member
    One of my comps got cancelled, so I'm getting even closer to asking for a reserve.. not quite yet, but it'll probably happen soon.. XD
    I believe something's can't be explained
    They are hidden in the mist and in the silver rain...
    *waves comp around seductively* ;) haha, no problem cyan!
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
    bump!
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • simscouturesimscouture Posts: 35 Member
    I love myths and such. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience editing, but I'll definitely be lurking. :)
    that's fair enough, sign-ups will be open for awhile so if you change your mind your welcome to join! lurkers are always good too :p
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
    edited August 2014
    bumpitybump
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • bestfrienemies14bestfrienemies14 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Oh I love this... I can't model for it because I have a crap computer that doesn't run my game well but I might possibly apply for a judge position... currently I'm on my phone though so I'll just have to wait and see
    that'd be great! c: no problemo, lemme know if you fancy it!
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
    I've decided that I'll definitely put in a judge application when I get home to get my pictures
    alrighty!~
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
    Judge Application
    Preferred name: Lady Kay
    Experience: Sadly I don't have much experience. No one really wants a new judge but a few years back I competed in a few modeling competitions before I had to drop out because my computer crashed.
    Availability: I got to school and I work but I'm literally available whenever. I don't really sleep. Anyway I'm on my computer whenever I'm not working and at school.
    Method of contact (e-mail, unbound, tumblr ect.): Hmmm... Best method of contact would probably be either my email(if you want that one then I'd ask for you to message me please) or unbound which is the exact same username from here
    Headshot on black background, bare shoulders:
    Screenshot-2_zpsae2831fa.jpg
    thanks lady kay, i'll pop you on my judges list! and don't worry about the lack of experience! :D
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • RikizziaRikizzia Posts: 648 Member
    Reserve me please! I love mythology and stuff :D
    YqMyRUI.png
    No problem! :3
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • RikizziaRikizzia Posts: 648 Member
    Bumpy ^^
    YqMyRUI.png
  • MayIHaveACookieMayIHaveACookie Posts: 20,488 Member
    This is still going, right? May I reserve a spot?
    sb2cck.gif
  • MayIHaveACookieMayIHaveACookie Posts: 20,488 Member
    edited August 2014
    Sorry if the bodyshot's weird... The in-game camera was being a mega douche. u_u

Preferred name: Bebs will do :)
    Models first and last name: Paloma Sarin
    Headshot:

nzhpco.png

Bodyshot:

30iugl1.png
    sb2cck.gif
    edited August 2014
    Of course, bebs c: I'll pop you on the models list and your body shots fine!
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)