Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's so amazing about The Sims 2?

13...Next

Comments

• peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I loved the sims 2 for several reasons
    1. Each sim felt unique and personality had a big impact on sims.
    2. Sims had interest and could actually find conversations boring
    3. Sims rejected interactions occasionally if they weren't good friends, in ts3 and ts4 they accept almost everything except for the occasional romantic interaction done too early.
    4. Each interaction had new animations, they didn't recycle animations but make new text for different interactions
    5. Several interactions had varying dynamic animations (such as the makeout) and being shy affected animations of certain interactions
    6. The community lots felt lively (ts4 also does this well especially with clubs)
    7. Sims had memories and they showed their emotions and feelings rather than telling you
    8. Could add custom movies to tv channels, custom music to each radio station with no hiccups (i looking at you ts4) could paint custom paintings.
    9. Family play was amazing. Parents had unique interactions with their kids, kids would cry if they saw their parents being hurt or fighting, parrnts could be encourage kids to take on a certain personality (neat, sloppy, nice, etc) sim kids would run to hug parents when they got home from work.
    10. Lots of hidden interactions that added depth. Parents would tuck kids into bed, couples that were cuddling on the couch would occasionally rub noses, bite each other's neck, etc.
    11. When sims do any type of special dance (hula, slap dance, smuggle), they would eventually synchronize with the other sims.
    12. Sims reacted to environment and sims around them. If a sim was dancing bad, sims would laugh at them, if sims were going into aspiration failure, others would do a your crazy sign, etc
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    The deepness of the game and all details. It's that make a game sims, when there is not details like TS4, TS game is meh.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    The main thing I adored in TS2 is their personality. They didn't have a buff to let you know how they felt, they showed it trough their actions. It felt more real and I actually felt bad for them if they had a lot of bad memories. TS4 only lets you know your sim is sad for 6+ hours and that's it, they never feel it again. It's just empty.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    TS2 is my first love. I even loved the PSP game, Castaway & Urbz.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    I might be the only one, but I actually liked that they could go to a community lot and go clubbing all night, or go camping, or enter a cooking contest, without worrying about normal time progressing and having to go to work or school halfway through. For special events like that, or for the micromanaging of running a sim business, the sims 3 timescale just doesn't work as well with the open world.

I also like the customization I've managed with aging hacks. The one I've got doesn't feel too much like cheating, but it makes sims seem like their ages are more consistent with their siblings, since if parents have two kids back to back they'll be toddlers together for two days, kids together for seven, etc.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    I might be the only one, but I actually liked that they could go to a community lot and go clubbing all night, or go camping, or enter a cooking contest, without worrying about normal time progressing and having to go to work or school halfway through. For special events like that, or for the micromanaging of running a sim business, the sims 3 timescale just doesn't work as well with the open world.

I also like the customization I've managed with aging hacks. The one I've got doesn't feel too much like cheating, but it makes sims seem like their ages are more consistent with their siblings, since if parents have two kids back to back they'll be toddlers together for two days, kids together for seven, etc.

I agree I liked time standing still while on community lots and holidays, especially when on a date.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2017
    Skobee wrote: »
    The main thing I adored in TS2 is their personality. They didn't have a buff to let you know how they felt, they showed it trough their actions. It felt more real and I actually felt bad for them if they had a lot of bad memories. TS4 only lets you know your sim is sad for 6+ hours and that's it, they never feel it again. It's just empty.

And those moodlets on the Sims is one reason I can't love TS3 or TS4 like I did TS2. They were represented as humans. TS3 and TS4 seem more like representing avatars. If that makes sense. I didn't need a moodlet on the screen to tell me what the heck was wrong with my TS2 Sims. Ever. I already knew by what had happened last week or two minutes ago.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member

No, you're definitely not the only one. I like that time stands still on Community Lots, too. It's why I always made sure to send them on the weekends for kids, and on days off for adults so that when they came home again, they could just sleep for a while to re-up their energy levels without crashing at work or school.
  • Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member
    I've played the Sims since the first expansion of the sims 1, and every expansion has it strengths and weaknesses. The Sims 2 was fantastic when it first came out and just got better with every expansion and all the CC. When I first bought Sims 3, I got so disappointed and bored I got straight back to Sims 2. I did eventually buy all but one expansions and played it a fair bit but some things bugged me.

First thing is all the little things, all the extra things that TS2 had, that TS3 don't. Second is the totally uselessness of toddlers and children in TS3. I love playing families, but in TS3 there is no point, Both toddlers and kids can hardly do anything, witch makes them boring to play and so families boring too. One of the main thing though is I like to make stories. Not for other people, but for myself. Also helps to keep track of the different families, after not playing them for a while and coming back. TS3 people also seem to fake, I don't like how their faces look.

Sims 3 have some good things too, like seamless neighborhoods, more exiting faction places, young adults and above all I like the new way skills are generated and used and all the new types of skills. If it wasn't for that I would never play TS3 over TS2. I tried TS4 too, but only the base game and thought that was even worse then what I thought of TS3 at first.

I don't play much any more, but when I do I switch between TS2 and TS3. TS2 is the best game, it just need to mix with a few TS3 things.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    A thing I just remembered today that I love about Sims 2, as opposed to sims 3: If you pick a boatload of vegetables and keep them in your inventory, they don't spoil! I needed them to stock a farmer's market that I built today.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]