Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Running list of confirmed features, 201 and counting!

Comments

• bludhoundbludhound Posts: 297 Member
    edited August 2014
    Wedding Arches

http://simfans.de/?subaction=showfull&id=1407160800&archive=&start_from=&ucat=36&

In Sims 3, it came with Generations EP.
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    edited August 2014
    Seamoan wrote:
    Check out the bolded part of what you quoted. I said the same thing.

I had already edited that part out before your post.
    Seamoan wrote:
    I'd also venture to say that if I spent the next hour compiling figures, TS2 would still come out higher than TS3.

Well if that's the case I say Sims 3 would have higher sales figures so :P !
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited August 2014
    Most of what's on the list, CC creators made those items for both Sims 2 and 3. Another useless thread for useless arguments. Nothing to give me hope for Sims 4. SMH
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Moonbarker wrote:
    As long as it's the Sims, people will still buy it.

And yet I see many posts from many angry people claiming they are either not going to buy the game or are going to wait for it to go on sale.

Yes and there are those people that will buy it just cause it's the new Sims game. Many people aren't even aware of the missing features that those people are angry about. Not everyone catches up on Sims news or stay on the forums or twitter. I still see people asking if the Sims 4 is an open world or if there's create a style lol. So those people may be in for a surprise when they get the game September 2nd... We'll just have to see.
  • rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    edited August 2014
    if you consider that a list of major features for a game i'm sure you'll enjoy Sims 4, and I hope it runs smoothly for you.
  • CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2014
    I kinda like this thread. I mean yeah there're missing features but it's always nice to know the positives too.
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Seamoan wrote:

Why are do you keep editing your posts after the fact? You've done it to me three separate times on this thread alone. That seems kinda suspect friend.
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Seamoan wrote:
    I'd also venture to say that if I spent the next hour compiling figures, TS2 would still come out higher than TS3.

Well if that's the case I say Sims 3 would have higher sales figures so :P !

Okay. That just proves my point about your list being lacking in reality.
  • knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited August 2014
    Seamoan wrote:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Seamoan wrote:

Why are do you keep editing your posts after the fact? You've done it to me three separate times on this thread alone. That seems kinda suspect friend.

*snip*

“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.”
    ― George Orwell
    edited August 2014
    blewis823 wrote:
    Most of what's on the list, CC creators made those items for both Sims 2 and 3. Another useless thread for useless arguments. Nothing to give me hope for Sims 4. SMH

"Most" of whats on the list CC creators made?

And you talk about other people making useless arguments :wink:
    Moonbarker wrote:
    Yes and there are those people that will buy it just cause it's the new Sims game. Many people aren't even aware of the missing features that those people are angry about. Not everyone catches up on Sims news or stay on the forums or twitter. I still see people asking if the Sims 4 is an open world or if there's create a style lol. So those people may be in for a surprise when they get the game September 2nd... We'll just have to see.

So the answer is yes...yes EA would make more money if they made a game people like
    rebekah512 wrote:
    if you consider that a list of major features for a game i'm sure you'll enjoy Sims 4, and I hope it runs smoothly for you.

Who said it was a list of "major" features? The "omitted" features thread listed things like no aliens or newspapers; did you make sure you corrected the original poster over there that those are not "major" features by any stretch of the imagination?
    Seamoan wrote:

Correcting mistakes on my part makes me suspect? I guess I could go the route most people do and when it's pointed out that I'm wrong just shove my fingers in my ears and scream really loudly.
    Seamoan wrote:

What in the world are you talking about?

This is how this conversation played out:

You: Sims 2 sold more copies than Sims 3.
    Me: Here's a link saying Sims 3 sold more copies.
    You: Here's a link that says 100 million copies of Sims 2 were sold and only 10 million copies of Sims 3 were sold in 2009.
    Me: The link says 100 million copies of ALL Sims games had been sold, you still have not posted anything saying Sims 2 sold more copies than Sims 3.
    You: Yeah well I just know Sims 2 sold more!
    Me: Yeah well I just know Sims 3 sold more!
    You: You just proved my point that your list is lacking in reality.
    Me: ???
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    Seamoan wrote:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Seamoan wrote:
    That's why you'll see, with some google work, that the numbers for TS2 blow the numbers for TS3 out of the water.

According to this site:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_games

Sims 3 actually sold almost twice as many copies as Sim 2.

According to my numbers -
    Sims 2, as of April 2008, 100 million copies of TS2 had been sold worldwide
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_2

Sims 3, as of 2009, 10 million copies of TS3 had been sold worldwide
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_3

Your list baffles me because I've never seen such a low number attributed to TS2 sales. I'd be interested in seeing more updated TS3 sales figures since 2009 isn't long enough to properly gauge anything, but your list gives the same 10 million number.

Seamon, quoted from that Wikipedia article you linked to about TS2:
    During April 2008, The Sims 2 website announced that 100 million copies of The Sims series had been sold.
    That doesn't say The Sims 2 sold 100 million copies. It says the whole series sold 100 million copies.

ETA: Also, the dates for those numbers are 2012, not 2009. They were taken from a list on Tom's Hardware in March 2012.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Moonbarker wrote:

So the answer is yes...yes EA would make more money if they made a game people like

I edited my other post before this one but incase you missed it, they were going to make the Sims 4 online which people clearly did not want. But after the disaster that happened with Sim City (which was also online) they scrapped it and turned it into a single player, offline game. If that disaster had not happened, they would've stayed with the online idea.
    edited August 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    I edited my other post before this one but incase you missed it, they were going to make the Sims 4 online which people clearly did not want. But after the disaster that happened with Sim City (which was also online) they scrapped it and turned it into a single player, offline game. If that disaster had not happened, they would've stayed with the online idea.

So you're saying EA does care if people enjoy a game or not?
  • rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Moonbarker wrote:

So you're saying EA does care if people enjoy a game or not?

As long as it translates to money in their pockets, yes.

While any business has to make money, so that's not a bad thing in and of itself, if they can make the same money out of crap, what do they care?
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Seamoan wrote:

Correcting mistakes on my part makes me suspect? I guess I could go the route most people do and when it's pointed out that I'm wrong just shove my fingers in my ears and scream really loudly.

You are deleting whole sentences from your posts. If you don't want to look suspect, then leave your text and edit to say "I made a mistake, I just saw that I misread your post, oopsie.". That's how it works. Deleting chunks of text makes it look like you are trolling.
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Seamoan wrote:

What in the world are you talking about?

This is how this conversation played out:

You: Sims 2 sold more copies than Sims 3.
    Me: Here's a link saying Sims 3 sold more copies.
    You: Here's a link that says 100 million copies of Sims 2 were sold and only 10 million copies of Sims 3 were sold in 2009.
    Me: The link says 100 million copies of ALL Sims games had been sold, you still have not posted anything saying Sims 2 sold more copies than Sims 3.
    You: Yeah well I just know Sims 2 sold more!
    Me: Yeah well I just know Sims 3 sold more!
    You: You just proved my point that your list is lacking in reality.
    Me: ???

All I'm saying is that it is disingenuous to only compare features from TS3. The majority of players on this site have played previous versions and are comparing the series as a whole. People can read through the thread and make their own assumptions or do their own research on who has the best math, but to say that since TS3 is the best selling game ever in the history of the world and we should only compare TS4 to that doesn't seem based in reality when there were 2 other base games before TS3 that lots and lots and lots of simmers play instead of TS3.
  • AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    edited August 2014
    Conversing with sims while eating/watching TV was always in The Sims games, however multitasking is add to include far more things.

From Simply Ruthless Website she qoutes:

"The level of multitasking is a delight. I had a sim child do homework and chat with a friend at the same time. She would alternate between doing the school work and looking up to joke with her friend...earning relationship points with the friend at the same time she was finishing her chore. Fantastic! Sims can chat with the person on the treadmill next to them while watching a cooking tv show and develop a relationship, earn fitness skills, and cooking skills all at the same time. I love this."

http://getsimplyruthless.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-sims-4-hands-on-review.html

Sims were never able to up multiple skills at a time.
  • Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited August 2014
    blewis823 wrote:

I considered linking to all of those CC things when I was finding sources, but there is a large portion of Sims players who do not want CC in their game, either because they're afraid of corruption or because CC can slow down game function.

I'm starting to wonder whether this thread exists to showcase "new" TS4 features or provide a platform for OP to argue.
    rifJadC.png
    edited August 2014
    I'm starting to wonder whether this thread exists to showcase "new" TS4 features or provide a platform for OP to argue.

It's option #2. I got sucked in. Never again.

edited August 2014
    rebekah512 wrote:
    While any business has to make money, so that's not a bad thing in and of itself, if they can make the same money out of crap, what do they care?

So you think if EA made a bad game it would make just as much money as a good game? Why did they even bother with making this an actual game with interactions between the player and the game; they could have just made it a 10 hour movie of a Sim's life.
    Seamoan wrote:
    You are deleting whole sentences from your posts. If you don't want to look suspect, then leave your text and edit to say "I made a mistake, I just saw that I misread your post, oopsie.". That's how it works. Deleting chunks of text makes it look like you are trolling.

I am editing posts before anyone has replied to them when I notice I made a mistake. What you are suggesting is quite simply ludicrous; that I should leave posts up with wrong information and then just add something in saying "I was wrong" otherwise I'm trolling? I can't help but notice you have yet to say you were wrong about your 100 million figure...now THAT is "suspect."
    Seamoan wrote:
    but to say that since TS3 is the best selling game ever in the history of the world

Talk about being "suspect", when did I ever say this?
  • SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited August 2014
    Aoralys wrote:
    Conversing with sims while eating/watching TV was always in The Sims games, however multitasking is add to include far more things.

"The level of multitasking is a delight. I had a sim child do homework and chat with a friend at the same time. She would alternate between doing the school work and looking up to joke with her friend...earning relationship points with the friend at the same time she was finishing her chore. Fantastic! Sims can chat with the person on the treadmill next to them while watching a cooking tv show and develop a relationship, earn fitness skills, and cooking skills all at the same time. I love this."

Um what my sims3 sims do that already.My sims children talk look up at each other joke as they do their homework and they even help each other do their home work this is not new not at all.How you all get this is new is beyond me.Also my sims in my sims3 games can already do everything like this while watching tv or working out.
  • ArachneArachne Posts: 238 Member
    edited August 2014
    Forgive me if this has already been mentioned. (I'm trying to avoid the arguing.)

Mixology as a base game skill/career.
    A willingness to help modders as much as legally possible.
    edited August 2014
    As far as careers being more hands-on than just going off to work, or chance cards, this comes from Pinstar:

"However, maxing performance is not the only item needed for a promotion. In the Sims 3, having the required skills or friends would *help* your performance bar, but in the Sims 4, they are required items. And they are very diverse too, even within the same career. For example, to get a promotion in my first level of the writing career, I needed to practice writing for three full hours AND overcome writer’s block once, in addition to maxing out performance.

I had to actually use the ‘practice writing’ action on the computer; diving into my first book wouldn’t count. Writer’s block is something that came up after a few hours of writing. It gave my Sim a writer’s block moodlet that made them tense and unable to write again. Now, the moodlet wasn’t permanent and would expire on its own over time, but my job wanted me to ‘overcome’ it."

He also adds:

"There is one last item that the career wanted, though this seemed optional. Every career has a daily task it wants done. For the writing career, it was to write. For the entertainment career on the comedy route (my Sim’s husband had this job) it was to write jokes. It did not seem to be strictly required, but doing it help your performance a little and not doing it can hurt your performance."

http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/sims-4-creators-camp-careers-and-school/

So the careers in TS4 will be more dynamic than other base games.
    edited August 2014

Uh? We've been showcasing a lot of features in The Sims 4 here. People are taking it upon themselves to be argumentative towards me in this thread, I have not started any arguments with anyone.

So I guess the more apt description for this thread would be a place to showcase new Sims 4 features and also people who hate Sims 4 to come in here and claim those features don't count or they suck so Sims 4 still sucks :mrgreen:
    Seamoan wrote:
    It's option #2. I got sucked in. Never again.

Still waiting for you to acknowledge all of the times you've been wrong in this thread; otherwise according to your own statements you are trolling. Please don't troll in this thread :(
    edited August 2014
    Aoralys wrote:

Um what my sims3 sims do that already.My sims children talk look up at each other joke as they do their homework and they even help each other do their home work this is not new not at all.How you all get this is new is beyond me.Also my sims in my sims3 games can already do everything like this while watching tv or working out.

There have been some situations where sims can talk and do other things. But skilling up multiples at a time are not, and they have ENHANCED the multitasking a lot - so an enhancement is a new feature of the game.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    My input:
    Change Visitable Venues to Open Venues (included in TS2, not in TS3) or delete it.

Add (info on all of these can be found at--http://simsvip.com/2014/08/06/the-sims-4-build-mode-lessons/):
    Windows--can be added to an entire room at once
    Curved fences
    Spandrels
    Friezes
    Roof trim
    Ability to move the whole house
    Ability to move a whole decorated room and have it snap-to the house
    Ability to rotate a whole room
    Search function in Build/buy mode
    Styled rooms (pre-decorated rooms)

Add:
    You can make useable and decorative objects out of wood (musical instruments, furniture, plumbing, statues) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q6bBBfbMQxM
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
    edited August 2014
    ebuchala wrote:
    My input:
    Change Visitable Venues to Open Venues (included in TS2, not in TS3) or delete it.

Add (info on all of these can be found at--http://simsvip.com/2014/08/06/the-sims-4-build-mode-lessons/):
    Windows--can be added to an entire room at once
    Curved fences
    Spandrels
    Friezes
    Roof trim
    Ability to move the whole house
    Ability to move a whole decorated room and have it snap-to the house
    Ability to rotate a whole room
    Search function in Build/buy mode
    Styled rooms (pre-decorated rooms)

Add:
    You can make useable and decorative objects out of wood (musical instruments, furniture, plumbing, statues) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q6bBBfbMQxM

Done :mrgreen: