Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Running list of confirmed features, 201 and counting!

Comments

• JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    edited August 2014
    jus1nickie wrote:
    Basketball courts...where?

Sources for basketball court and many other things listed are found here:

http://simsvip.com/2013/05/07/the-sims-4-fact-sheet/
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited August 2014
    Anavastia wrote:
    aspirations are not improved they're the same as they were for sims 2 and sims 3

In TS2 we had five aspirations: popularity, family, knowledge, fortune, romance. Later we got pleasure through an expansion. They all came with a lifetime want we could not pick ourself in CAS.(I think there was an object later on to help with that) If we fulfilled it we got into permanent platinum mood.

In TS3 aspirations were changed to Lifetime Wishes. I honestly don't remember much about how they worked because I didn't play TS3 very long. Feel free to fill me in with any details.

In TS4 we have a total of 10 aspirations (athletic, creativity, deviance, family, food, fortune, knowledge, love, nature, and popularity) with several lifetime wishes within each aspiration that we can pick in CAS.

We can also change these aspirations at any time. Children also get their own set of aspirations while before it was just to "grow up".

To me, that is an improvement. Also improvement in this case may be subjective, but I do count it as one.

Edit for more spelling fails for today. (Obviously can't type today)
  • AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    edited August 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:

They definitely said no unexpected pregnancies. At first they said that sims have a chance to get pregnant when they woohoo but then they "de-confirmed" it and said no they can't.

I mentioned unexpected pregnancy lengths (duration) - qoute from SimsVIP site:

"At Creator’s Camp I managed to make my Sim pregnant and fast forward to her giving birth. Once she hit her trimester, I was basically playing the waiting game. Twice in my game a Sim was pregnant, but each time the pregnancy time was different. Once was 4 days, the other was 5. Its not predictable at all."

This is new - all pregnancies had the same days of durations in previous games.
  • samasllstarsamasllstar Posts: 163 Member
    edited August 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Yes, but his list isn't exactly factual. He's counting No random deaths and that isn't yet confirmed.

It has

"Speaking of which, EA have changed their philosophy on death for Sims 4. They realized that some things in previous games made death almost not fair and as funny as it was to die by having a satellite land on you from above, it just wasn't right. In Sims 4, death will only ever be a result of your actions, or age, and before a Sim does die from your actions, there will be plenty of warning signs before the event occurs! One thing for sure though; depressed Sims will not commit suicide! EA had no desire to 'gamify' tragic events."

Thanks but if you read my other posts I had already said I do remember something of this.
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Moonbarker wrote:
    Yes and many people were upset that those things that were in Sims 2 didn't carry over to Sims 3.

And yet Sims 3 was very successful and I'm assuming most (all?) people here have bought and played the Sims 3.

So if your point is missing features from any previous game is going to ruin the next iteration of the game then you just destroyed your own argument by admitting that Sims 3 was a huge success even though it was missing features from Sims 1 and 2.

Some of us went straight back to TS2 because TS3 cut too much stuff. That's why you'll see, with some google work, that the numbers for TS2 blow the numbers for TS3 out of the water.
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Anavastia wrote:
    Multitasking

Where was this possible? I don't recall being able to talk to a Sim while my Sim was on a treadmill.

By your own admission verything else on your list was not available at launch of Sims 3.

No, but in TS2 - that you are conveniently/disingenuously not putting on your list - we were able to multitask. My sims ate dinner together and talked. My sims watched tv together and talked. Just because there was no text popping up to say "YOUR SIM IS NOW MULTITASKING" doesn't mean they weren't doing it. We were able to tell by the animations and social needs bumps.
    edited August 2014
    Anavastia wrote:
    i could of sworn dev's said there are no unexpected pregnancies on twitter. Anyway going to need some confirmation for that as well

Perhaps I just missed it on the list but the only thing I saw pertaining to unexpected pregnancies was this one:

unexpected pregnancy lengths

To me that meant a Sim could be pregnant for 4 Sim days or 8 Sim days, not that Sims could unexpectedly get pregnant.
    Aoralys wrote:
    Moonbarker wrote:

They definitely said no unexpected pregnancies. At first they said that sims have a chance to get pregnant when they woohoo but then they "de-confirmed" it and said no they can't.

I mentioned unexpected pregnancy lengths (duration) - qoute from SimsVIP site:

"At Creator’s Camp I managed to make my Sim pregnant and fast forward to her giving birth. Once she hit her trimester, I was basically playing the waiting game. Twice in my game a Sim was pregnant, but each time the pregnancy time was different. Once was 4 days, the other was 5. Its not predictable at all."

This is new - all pregnancies had the same days of durations in previous games.

You beat me to it :P
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited August 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Ohh really? The other thread didn't mention; garage doors, bikes, changing tables, dish washers, trash compactors, hot tubs, pool tables, among other objects?

His list is categorized. The objects list has 6 things in it.
    bflury wrote:
    MISSING OBJECTS: (Were in base versions of Sims 1, Sims 2, or Sims 3. Could certainly return as Premium Content or with Expansions)
    No bikes (x)
    No changing tables (in Sims 2) (x)
    No dish washers (x)
    No hot tubs (x)
    No pool tables (in Sims 1 & 2) (x)
    No trash compactors (x)
    Yes, but his list isn't exactly factual. He's counting No random deaths and that isn't yet confirmed.

I remember the sim gurus said that there are no random deaths in Sims 4 so sims would get a warning when they're about to die like if they were about to get struck by a meteor or something.
    Now that you say that, I too recall it. Thanks! :)

yeah they did they said it on twitter and in an article

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/709633.page (link to the discussion)

going to take me a while to find the article she's referring to
  • samasllstarsamasllstar Posts: 163 Member
    edited August 2014
    Anavastia wrote:
    Moonbarker wrote:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Ohh really? The other thread didn't mention; garage doors, bikes, changing tables, dish washers, trash compactors, hot tubs, pool tables, among other objects?

His list is categorized. The objects list has 6 things in it.
    bflury wrote:
    MISSING OBJECTS: (Were in base versions of Sims 1, Sims 2, or Sims 3. Could certainly return as Premium Content or with Expansions)
    No bikes (x)
    No changing tables (in Sims 2) (x)
    No dish washers (x)
    No hot tubs (x)
    No pool tables (in Sims 1 & 2) (x)
    No trash compactors (x)

I remember the sim gurus said that there are no random deaths in Sims 4 so sims would get a warning when they're about to die like if they were about to get struck by a meteor or something.
    Now that you say that, I too recall it. Thanks! :)

yeah they did they said it on twitter and in an article

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/709633.page (link to the discussion)

going to take me a while to find the article she's referring to
    Thank you
    edited August 2014
    Seamoan wrote:
    That's why you'll see, with some google work, that the numbers for TS2 blow the numbers for TS3 out of the water.

According to this site:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_games

Sims 3 actually sold almost twice as many copies as Sim 2.
    Seamoan wrote:
    My sims ate dinner together and talked. My sims watched tv together and talked.

That is not what multitasking is referring to in Sims 4.
  • MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Moonbarker wrote:
    Yes and many people were upset that those things that were in Sims 2 didn't carry over to Sims 3.

And yet Sims 3 was very successful and I'm assuming most (all?) people here have bought and played the Sims 3.

So if your point is missing features from any previous game is going to ruin the next iteration of the game then you just destroyed your own argument by admitting that Sims 3 was a huge success even though it was missing features from Sims 1 and 2.

Well to me the success of a game is determined by how satisfied the customer is with their product. There were many complaints on the sims 3, especially of how robotic the sims were and the "pudding" faces of the sims and no open restaurants. Some people even called it boring and couldn't keep their engagement when playing like they could with Sims 2. Just because a game raked in a lot of money doesn't mean that it was truley successful. Maybe to the company but you can't beat the satisfaction of the person who bought it (and some people even claimed they went back to Sims 2 after playing Sims 3). Also, I think they went too far this time with removing things.. So far that it caused WW3 to happen on the forums and now people are more worried about what has been taken away more than anything which I have never seen happen with any game. There's a whole thread asking if there's still a family tree in the Sims 3. We shouldn't even have to ask something like that. It should be a given but because of everything they're taking away such as toddlers (who expected toddlers to be removed?), pools that have been there since Sims 1, ghosts that have also been there since Sims 1, and many other features that you wouldn't even expect they would remove in the next iteration of the Sims it's causing people to ask the simplist of questions that should be a no-brainer (and I'm sure a pc game coming out in 2014 could handle a simple color wheel..)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:

It has

"Speaking of which, EA have changed their philosophy on death for Sims 4. They realized that some things in previous games made death almost not fair and as funny as it was to die by having a satellite land on you from above, it just wasn't right. In Sims 4, death will only ever be a result of your actions, or age, and before a Sim does die from your actions, there will be plenty of warning signs before the event occurs! One thing for sure though; depressed Sims will not commit suicide! EA had no desire to 'gamify' tragic events."

But....how can the devs not know their own games. In TS2 death by satellite is due to players making the Sim stay out too long looking at clouds. Totally avoidable if the player cancel the action they choice themselves. It was iffy you had to be careful, just like looking at stars through expensive telescope, don't leave them out too long.

See, it was not 'random' in TS2, it was due to the odds' ratio, you knew it would happen if you made them look at clouds too long.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited August 2014
    meggiewes wrote:
    Anavastia wrote:
    aspirations are not improved they're the same as they were for sims 2 and sims 3

In TS2 we had five aspirations: popularity, family, knowledge, fortune, romance. Later we got pleasure through an expansion. They all came with a lifetime want we could not pick ourself in CAS.(I think there was an object later on to help with that) If we fulfilled it we got into permanent platinum mood.

In TS3 aspirations were changed to Lifetime Wishes. I honestly don't remember much about how they worked because I didn't play TS3 very long. Feel free to fill me in with any details.

In TS4 we have a total of 10 aspirations (athletic, creativity, deviance, family, food, fortune, knowledge, love, nature, and popularity) with several lifetime wishes within each aspiration that we can pick in CAS.

We can also change these aspirations at any time. Children also get their own set of aspirations while before it was just to "grow up".

To me, that is an improvement. Also improvement in this case may be subjective, but I do count it as one.

Edit for more spelling fails for today. (Obviously can't type today)

The only that's changed about aspirations is the fact that you can now fulfill more than one. The aspirations are still the same as they've always been.

We don't have more to choose from we actually have less, along with less traits to choose from. Lifetime wishes are just aspirations renamed. They chose to go back to the same name as sims 2. While it may be more aspiration choices than 2 it is not more than 3. Along with the fact that all of the above are choices we've already had. As far as the additional trait that's gained from choosing an aspiration and 3 traits that's not an selectable lifetime wish, it appears when trying to match your traits to the aspiration and is a trait.
    edited August 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    Well to me the success of a game is determined by how satisfied the customer is with their product....Just because a game raked in a lot of money doesn't mean that it was truley successful.

They would not be making a Sims 4 if Sims 3 wasn't successful and people didn't enjoy the game.
  • bludhoundbludhound Posts: 297 Member
    edited August 2014
    Do TV stands count?

http://sarademoorgames.blogspot.be/2014/08/my-sims-4-screenies-from-creators-camp.html

Not just that - I spotted a TV being placed on an end table.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    I wouldn't even say the fulfilling more than one aspiration is new. I did that in TS2 all the time, even when they had already reached perma plat, they rolled a new one, no need to put them in an old folk's home, early.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Seamoan wrote:
    That's why you'll see, with some google work, that the numbers for TS2 blow the numbers for TS3 out of the water.

According to this site:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_games

Sims 3 actually sold almost twice as many copies as Sim 2.

According to my numbers -
    Sims 2, as of April 2008, 100 million copies of TS2 had been sold worldwide
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_2

Sims 3, as of 2009, 10 million copies of TS3 had been sold worldwide
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_3

Your list baffles me because I've never seen such a low number attributed to TS2 sales. I'd be interested in seeing more updated TS3 sales figures since 2009 isn't long enough to properly gauge anything, but your list gives the same 10 million number.
    edited August 2014
    bludhound wrote:
    Do TV stands count?

http://sarademoorgames.blogspot.be/2014/08/my-sims-4-screenies-from-creators-camp.html

Not just that - I spotted a TV being placed on an end table.

You mean like you can place TVs on top of other flat surfaces? Sure sounds like a new feature to me!
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Moonbarker wrote:
    Well to me the success of a game is determined by how satisfied the customer is with their product....Just because a game raked in a lot of money doesn't mean that it was truley successful.

They would not be making a Sims 4 if Sims 3 wasn't successful and people didn't enjoy the game.

EA couldn't care less if we enjoy the game or not. All they care about is money.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    I'd rather have pools and toddlers than cupcake machines, voodoo dolls, and rocket ships..

Ditto -- those could have waited for an expansion.

And I'm not sure I'd consider the "bro" trait (as it's currently applied in game) as a "feature". :roll:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • bludhoundbludhound Posts: 297 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    You mean like you can place TVs on top of other flat surfaces? Sure sounds like a new feature to me!

Look at the picture under the captions "This here has to be my favorite item in the game. He's so cute. Chompy the Monsta, but he wants to be friendly."

A female sim is sitting on a sofa, watching a small TV which is placed on what appears to be an end table.

The TV stand is 2 pics below that.
    edited August 2014
    Seamoan wrote:

Your list baffles me because I've never seen such a low number attributed to TS2 sales. I'd be interested in seeing more updated TS3 sales figures since 2009 isn't long enough to properly gauge anything, but your list gives the same 10 million number.

Yeah I thought 6 million copies of Sims 2 seemed kind of low.

Also your "100" million copies of Sims 2 sold...what the link says is "The Sims 2 website announced that 100 million copies of The Sims series had been sold."

100 million copies of the Sims series being sold is not the same thing as The Sims 2 selling 100 million copies.
    edited August 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    EA couldn't care less if we enjoy the game or not. All they care about is money.

Yes all they care about is money. Are they going to make more money by selling a product people like or selling a product no one likes?
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Moonbarker wrote:

Yes all they care about is money. Are they going to make more money by selling a product people like or selling a product no one likes?

As long as it's the Sims, people will still buy it. EA thinks that they can get away with anything as long as it has a Sims logo on it. Plus, they have no competition and it's a one-of-a kind game.

Also, Sims 4 was gonna be an online game when clearly the majority of people did not want that. So after the disaster that happened with Sim City (which was also online) they scrapped that idea and turned it into a single player, offline game. If that disaster had not happened, EA would've went along with the online idea anyway.
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Seamoan wrote:

Yeah I thought 6 million copies of Sims 2 seemed kind of low.

A couple of things wrong with your list though...why are you including sales of Sims 2 up until a year before the release of Sims 3 yet only including sales from Sims 3 for the year it was released?

Also your "100" million copies of Sims 2 sold...what the link says is "The Sims 2 website announced that 100 million copies of The Sims series had been sold."

100 million copies of the Sims series being sold is not the same thing as The Sims 2 selling 100 million copies.

Check out the bolded part of what you quoted. I said the same thing.

I'd venture to say neither one of our wikipedia based lists are correct, I'd also venture to say that if I spent the next hour compiling figures, TS2 would still come out higher than TS3. Lots of simmers bought the TS3 base game and never bought anything else, that can't be said for TS2.

Either way, I still think it's disingenuous to eliminate features from what was arguably the most popular version base game of the Sims franchise from your list. I understand you want to show the favorable things from TS4 and that's all good, but you are trying to make it seem as if simmers are only comparing TS3 and TS4 features, which is no where near correct.
    edited August 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    As long as it's the Sims, people will still buy it.

And yet I see many posts from many angry people claiming they are either not going to buy the game or are going to wait for it to go on sale.

Wouldn't EA make more money by making a game people liked ?
    Moonbarker wrote:
    Plus, they have no competition and it's a one-of-a kind game.

There are lots of life simulation games.