Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Running list of confirmed features, 201 and counting!

Comments

• pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    If you don't see the problem with your very own argument then there is nothing I can do to help.

And there you have it.
    pguida wrote:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Thank you pguida; you were the last hold out of haters in this thread to prove my point for me :mrgreen:

Your point was we'd make a correct argument and stand you corrected in your foolishness, basicallly.

I now claim you'll post something idiotic later on.
  • kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:
    But it's not the sims who are left or right handed, it's to do with object and animations, which is exactly the same in sims 3 as some animations were left handed whilst others were right. So really it shouldn't count.

Okay, I clarified this to state "ambidextrous" Sims :P

Also I've updated the list with new things people listed as well as removing things that were indeed in Sims 3 at launch.

But ambidextrous sims were in sims 3 at launch, it's the same feature to do with animations/ objects, it's not new.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2014
    In TS3 Sims are able to join a conversation and afaik they can do it since the base game. So I suggest you scrap "Group social interactions" from that list.

About "being able to travel between towns": Keep in mind that one "town" in TS4 is just the size of the very center of many worlds in TS3. Take Sunset Valley for instance. I think that base town in TS4 (what's it's name again?) is roughly the same size as the area around the central park in Sunset Valley (school, grocery, theater, book shop, town hall, library, park). That being said it's no big deal to "travel from that part to any other part of Sunset Valley and that even without loading screens. :lol:
    This space is for rent.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited August 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    MVWdeZT wrote:
    astronaut career

That was in sims 3, level 9 of the military career :)

Actually, it was level 10,where it was one day a week, and your sim went to work in an astronaut suit. You did get the ability to go into space with Seasons, but that was not in the base game.
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    edited August 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    But ambidextrous sims were in sims 3 at launch, it's the same feature to do with animations/ objects, it's not new.

Fine! Ruin all my fun :(
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited August 2014
    Children sims can play musical instruments (can in TS2, can't in TS3)
    Emotions come with unique interactions that are unavailable outside the emotion
    Ability to move pictures/windows up and down a wall to make a design feature
    More realistic bills
    Bigger detriments to not paying those bills (water getting shut off)
    Chimneys separate from fireplaces
    Ability to resurrect loved ones by writing epic poems
    Improved aspirations (more detailed than just family or knowledge)
    The ability to place columns in fences without a cheat
    The ability to place columns in walls without a cheat

And a minor one: grand piano

...that's all I can think of right now, but they did stand out to me.
    edited August 2014
    MVWdeZT wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:
    MVWdeZT wrote:
    astronaut career

That was in sims 3, level 9 of the military career :)

Actually, it was level 10,where it was one day a week, and your sim went to work in an astronaut suit. You did get the ability to go into space with Seasons, but that was not in the base game.

Ah thank you for clarifying. :) I couldn't remember if it was 9 or 10 :D
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:

Fine! Ruin all my fun :(

I'm not ruining your fun, but you can't list inaccurate things. :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
    edited August 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    In TS3 Sims are able to join a conversation and afaik they can do it since the base game. So I suggest you scrap "Group social interactions" from that list.

I'm going to keep it on the list because the group social actions in Sims 4 is much, much, much improved upon. Just like emotions.
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited August 2014
    The weight of losing CASt and Open World drowns out most of the positive, at least for me. If Sims 4 turns out to be easy (or easier) to mod than was Sims 3, that would be agenuine feature, in my book. Won't know for quite some time, though.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
    edited August 2014
    Alright everyone. Feel free to point out anything on the list that was indeed in Sims 3 at launch or if I accidentally listed the same thing more than once.

Also keep on listing them new features.
  • AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    edited August 2014
    *curved roofs/more dynamic roof options
    *different color roofs on same lot
    *can order more than one type of pizza
    *two different cooking skill types
    edited August 2014
    I expect to see someone say "Sims 4 has a sim named 'x',", and then tote that as a feature. Hey, make up enough unique sims, and it will truly be a 'feature' filled game.

In the "omitted" feature list it has four different NPCs all listed as separate "features" removed from the game.

If it's good enough for the goose and all.
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited August 2014
    Please put this on the list: Cheat that makes things bigger or smaller
    source: http://simsvip.com/2014/08/04/the-sims-4-cheats-hot-keys-controls-list/#more-39719 (last cheat)
    :wink:
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited August 2014
    I just thought of another one.

Technically all of the careers in TS4 are branching careers that have two career paths.

There were limited careers in TS3 that branched off and I think only one or two in TS2 that did that. I am pretty sure I am remembering that one right. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that one since it has been a while since I played TS2 or TS3)
    edited August 2014
    I expect to see someone say "Sims 4 has a sim named 'x',", and then tote that as a feature.

TS4 is so bad he's really having to reach, admiting himself he's adding itens actually in TS3...
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    I expect to see someone say "Sims 4 has a sim named 'x',", and then tote that as a feature. Hey, make up enough unique sims, and it will truly be a 'feature' filled game.

In the "omitted" feature list it has four different NPCs all listed as separate "features" removed from the game.

If it's good enough for the goose and all.

I wasn't talking NPCs, I was talking user created sims. HUGE difference. So, good for the goose, maybe, but I'm talking chickens.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:

I'm going to keep it on the list because the group social actions in Sims 4 is much, much, much improved upon. Just like emotions.
    Can you please elaborate on this? I'd like to get more information.
    This space is for rent.
  • mrsnava82mrsnava82 Posts: 664 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm really excited about a few of these things that are on the list. Good to see some awesome news.
    signature.png
    edited August 2014
    *careers will have extra participation - like performing a stand up show at a venue, rather than just going to rabbit hole and dealing with chance cards
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:

It's not 4 NPCs. It's 4 different services you could hire.
    edited August 2014
    pguida wrote:
    admiting himself he's adding itens actually in TS3...

Uh? I have admitted no such thing. Do please try to read along with the thread and keep up. It's not a hard thing to do.
    So stupid for stupid?

I believe in playing fair; don't you?
    edited August 2014
    pguida wrote:
    It's not 4 NPCs. It's 4 different services you could hire.

Aliens, burglars and firefighters were services you could hire?!?!

Well I do feel silly now.
  • bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    Oh I see what you did there ;)

You don't seem to like searching do you? There is already a list of confirmed features available here.

Also... not that care enough to search myself (ironic, I know), but where are basketball courts confirmed?
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
    edited August 2014
    sorry, two different cooking types is already covered on the list under gourmet cooking.