Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim can't interact with other sims. SOLVED!!

This bug just started happening today. My simself cannot interact with her fiance or any other sim, but she CAN interact with the cats in the household. When I do click on another sim, nothing happens, there is no "No interactions avaliable" message. I did have mods installed (master controller, error trap, overwatch and traveller) but I took them out to see if they were the culprit... nope. I've had the mods installed for this entire game, I can't play without them.
I've tried resetting the sim, the entire town and moving them out and then back in to their home, and still nothing. :roll:
I've done a bit of looking around online for solutions, and there is a work around, where you have to move your sims to another town first and then back to their original town, but I can't do that either, as I have some WA challenges and vacation homes already in the save.
I'm kind of at a loss of what to do next...
Any help would be fantastic!

Comments

• chucles70chucles70 Posts: 176 Member
    edited August 2014
    I think I may have found a solution, crossing my fingers.
    I sent them to Egypt, to see if maybe that could help fix my borked simself. At first, I still wasn't able to interact with her fiance, but then she had a adventure to complete, so I thought why not? And sure enough, she is now able to interact with the world again :mrgreen: Hopefully when I take them back home, she will still be able to interact with everyone.
    edited August 2014
    Such a false hope that was... Now this is truly starting to aggravate me! :evil:
    edited August 2014
    So apparently, my simself CAN interact with everyone but her fiance. :roll: Of course, the most important person in her life, she can't interact with. I don't know what to do... :cry:
    edited August 2014
    Bump, cause I really would like a solution.
    edited August 2014
    I was able to figure this one out on my own! :mrgreen:
    I went to nrass and checked their forum and what do you know, someone had the same problem and found a solution.
    The problem was that there was jam in the sims inventory that messed up their social interactions. Not sure how jam can do that much damage :? but I guess the solution isn't always easy to see.
  • NejioranaidNejioranaid Posts: 748 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hey chucles 70,

Thanks for your solution! I had the same problem and had already tried so many things! Who knew jam could be such a pain! ;)
    Thanks again and happy simming!
    Post edited by Nejioranaid on
  • Doxiedog6Doxiedog6 Posts: 47 Member
    I am having same problem, can't wait to see if it works for me
    It's the weirdest glitch I have ever had. And hopefully this works for you as well.
  • Doxiedog6Doxiedog6 Posts: 47 Member
    It did, thanks! I also noticed when I had thevproblem if I put their relationship to totally disliked they could. Definatelyvweird.
    That is weird, but glad it worked for you too! :)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2014
    It's not making jam that causes the problem, it's your sims carrying it around in their inventory. Since setting jam and preserved goods jars all over the house on the limited number of slots that counters and coffee tables can provide gets old real quick, a better storage system might be in order.
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=432534
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    I have heard about that storage shelf, but I do not use cc, myself. So I just make sure, that if my sims are travelling, that their inventory is free of jams and preserves.
  • LadyJadeLadyJade Posts: 41 Member
    You are a lifesaver! I've been looking for a fix to this for AGES and indeed, my sim had Jam in her inventory. Removed the jam and she's back to being able to interact with people. Weird. Very weird. But I'll gladly take not being a social outcast over delicious, fruity confections. Thanks again, chucles70!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2014
    This happened to me once and I restarted the game :( (that did help fortunately; it only happened at university btw)
    And now when my sim goes to Oasis Springs I can't click on him anymore.
    I don't think he has jam in his inventory though.. I didn't even know they can make that.
    They can? How?
    5JZ57S6.png
    This happened to me once and I restarted the game :( (that did help fortunately; it only happened at university btw)
    And now when my sim goes to Oasis Springs I can't click on him anymore.
    I don't think he has jam in his inventory though.. I didn't even know they can make that.
    They can? How?
    It's a bug with products that have been made with the canning station and left in sims' inventories rather than set down or put up on a shelf. The station was part of the Tea Time store set that was released earlier this year. None of my sims with jars of jam in their inventories have suffered from this yet, but it's been so widely reported that I'm guessing it's just a matter of time.
    http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:72837&categoryId=11488&section=UpSell

Sounds like your issue must be a different one, then.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Yes, because I didn't buy the tea time set (yet...; self-discipline prevented me ;)).
    I'm afraid it's the travelling in my case, because it's the same sim and the first time it was university and the second Oasis Landing.
    Thanks.
    5JZ57S6.png
    Yes, because I didn't buy the tea time set (yet...; self-discipline prevented me ;)).
    I'm afraid it's the travelling in my case, because it's the same sim and the first time it was university and the second Oasis Landing.
    Thanks.
    Issues such as that with traveling are quite common without mods to step in and smooth things out, unfortunately.

But despite the jam jars in inventory bug, I would still recommend the tea set if you can swing the purchase. My sims really enjoy it at home, which is surprising considering that the player controlling them tends to gulp down coffee by the potful most of the time. My only other complaint with that set is that on a community lot there is no way to charge for the tea and scones/toast unless you put the table behind the Barrier to Entry doors and charge for tickets required to enter. Free tea for everyone who stops by a public place seems kind of silly.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    There goes my self-discipline lol. I love the cream tea tradition in England, so I'd really love to have it (also because it has this 'the Shire' LOTR atmosphere to it).
    The free tea is kind of a disappointment, but to be honest we're used to things not really functioning properly in Sims 3 concerning businesses.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Ken_Carson_SimKen_Carson_Sim Posts: 54 Member
    Thank you Chukles70 for posting not just your problem the solution. I started to have this problem today and I used google to search for a solution. I got the link of this topic and it help me to solve the problem. I had four jars of jam on my sim inventory and he is on a dorm in the University. I tried to use them but they were unavailable. I just sold those for nothing in order to erase them.

After that I was able to talk to other Sims again.

Thank you for posting this useful topic. :)
  • auntmichelle9auntmichelle9 Posts: 87 Member
    chucles70 wrote: »
    I was able to figure this one out on my own! :mrgreen:
    I went to nrass and checked their forum and what do you know, someone had the same problem and found a solution.
    The problem was that there was jam in the sims inventory that messed up their social interactions. Not sure how jam can do that much damage :? but I guess the solution isn't always easy to see.
    Thanks for this. Today was the first time I'd ever had this problem and your solution worked like a charm!!
    I'm glad this helped you simmers out aswell. :)
  • lunapinkdoglunapinkdog Posts: 1 New Member
    i have the same problem but i dont have the tea time set or jam with my sims what should i do pleasssse helo :'(
    I suggest you look into your sim's inventory and see if there are any blank items in there. Try resetting the sim and seeing if that works. If not, I don't know how to help you, since the problem I was having was a result of the canning station.
  • magiconearthmagiconearth Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you soooooooooo much! For days, I've been searching for a solution to this and today just happened to come across this forum.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top