Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CONFIRMED: NO Family Tree in Sims 4

halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
Update: 15th August 2014

Sims 4 will ship without a family tree!! How more awful can it get for family and legacy players?
It has been confirmed in EA conference (Gamescom). It has been tweeted as a reply to SimsVIP by Sims Times!!

https://twitter.com/SimTimes/status/500043951169363968

What can I say now? Is this a Sims game I want to play? What is the reason for removing family tree?:
1- did they forget to add it as they forgot about adding still life and portrait paintings due to lack of time?
2- does a family tree coding takes that much time or effort from them?

I cannot think of any reasonable excuse for them to make this move!!
Now my only question to EA is why are you even calling this game as The Sims 4?

Older updates:

With the removal of so many family side of the game I would not be surprised if family tree is also removed. We do not consider the family tree as a feature but part of the core game of any sim game.
Would be glad to read a confirmation from someone who attended the creators camp

07-Aug-2014: Tweeted the question to 14 Sims Gurus on twitter, hopefully we get a reply.

11-Aug-2014: no reply from any of the gurus. Even though one of them replied one question about the forums but when I thanked her and asked her about the family tree there was no answer!!

14-Aug-2014: every Sim guru has been tweeted with a link to this thread to see how many simmers do still want the Family Tree in their game. Hopefully one of them will click the link and read it.

Update:
So far three simmers who attended the creators camp do not know the answer:

1- SimsVIP replied to a tweet:
"Sorry, I do not know the answer"

2- Simslegacychallenge.com replied:
"I did not look for one while at the camp, so I cannot confirm or deny this… I should have."

3- The English Simmer replied on her video:
"I have not seen one when I played"
Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
giphy.gif
Post edited by halimali1980 on

Comments

• Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited August 2014
    You got me wondering, so here's a bump!
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'll bump you too, I would like to know about family trees.
  • Options
    sasha9861sasha9861 Posts: 97 Member
    edited August 2014
    oh no i didn't think about that, now i'm worried
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ohh I really hope there's a family tree. I'll tweet some of the campers on twitter and see if they know. I'll report back if I get any responses :)
  • Options
    munchmedmunchmed Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2014
    bump
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited August 2014
    I've been wanting to know this for a while. Haven't gotten a reply yet.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited August 2014
    Oh man that will be really upsetting if there isnt.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited August 2014
    just guessing here, but they said something about having family in different towns, and that you would remember who was and was not. So I am thinking family tree or something similar will be in game.
  • Options
    JackVerhaegJackVerhaeg Posts: 317 New Member
    edited August 2014
    if there isn't it might push me over the edge
  • Options
    crayzeehappeecrayzeehappee Posts: 676 Member
    edited August 2014
    I would like to know this as well...So hopefully someone who posts here went to the camp, or at least knows someone who did.
    Origin Username: crayzeehappee
    funny-game-glitch-sims-baby-leave.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    This thread needs continued attention.

bumpty bump bump.
  • Options
    loosmaloosma Posts: 372 Member
    edited August 2014
    there is no way they would get rid of that, that just seems...very mandatory O_o
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'd like to know this too so I'll bump the thread back up to the very top. :D
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    If there is no family tree I will not be getting this game.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    sirona66 wrote:
    just guessing here, but they said something about having family in different towns, and that you would remember who was and was not. So I am thinking family tree or something similar will be in game.

I just hope they did not mean WE have to remember who is who!! :)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2014
    Bump.

I'm curious as well.
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited August 2014
    Me too, especially since I've been suggesting for them to put in a way to export GEDCOM file. Which would be useful for people to make family trees with on sites like familyecho.
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    MenshleeMenshlee Posts: 219 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm curious too.
  • Options
    mpatty02mpatty02 Posts: 480 Member
    edited August 2014
    if there isn't it might push me over the edge

Agreed.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited August 2014
    It's crazy that it's come to this. We're actually stressing over something that was a no-brainer in Sims 3. It never crossed my mind to wonder if Sims 3 would have family trees, because OF COURSE THEY WOULD BE THERE, I MEAN REALLY, WHAT ARE THE DESIGNERS, IDIOTS!?

Now, who can even tell what's in and what's not? Now you have to ask the most basic questions, like, "Do sims sleep lying down?" I mean, for all we know, there's a loading screen when they reach the bed and then BANG! it's the next day and sims don't actually sleep at all and the bed is just a decorative object. :roll: Or sims just pass out on the ground like frat boys. Or hang from the ceiling like bats. I mean, who can even tell with these people anymore?!
  • Options
    15MagPies15MagPies Posts: 416 Member
    edited August 2014
    Still no answer? I checked this a few hours ago. They wouldn't really take out family trees would they? .....would they?

I'm still excited for a new sims game and a fresh start, but the lack of features is dampering it a bit.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Halle_M wrote:
    It's crazy that it's come to this. We're actually stressing over something that was a no-brainer in Sims 3. It never crossed my mind to wonder if Sims 3 would have family trees, because OF COURSE THEY WOULD BE THERE, I MEAN REALLY, WHAT ARE THE DESIGNERS, IDIOTS!?

Now, who can even tell what's in and what's not? Now you have to ask the most basic questions, like, "Do sims sleep lying down?" I mean, for all we know, there's a loading screen when they reach the bed and then BANG! it's the next day and sims don't actually sleep at all and the bed is just a decorative object. :roll: Or sims just pass out on the ground like frat boys. Or hang from the ceiling like bats. I mean, who can even tell with these people anymore?!

If TS4 has Sims that hang from the ceiling like bats to sleep, I would seriously consider getting this game. That sounds awesome. :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    No mention about family tree
    No simmer who attended the camp even have any screenshot
    It seems nobody even talked about it.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited August 2014
    Seamoan wrote:
    If TS4 has Sims that hang from the ceiling like bats to sleep, I would seriously consider getting this game. That sounds awesome. :lol:

Okay, that would be kind of cool. :P
  • Options
    AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    edited August 2014
    Wow, I hadn't even thought of that. You'd think since they have the memory system confirmed that surely family trees are included. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at this point.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top