Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gameplay options

Here are some game play options. I like them

Gameplay
•Autonomy (Off / Full) – Adjusts the level of free will that Sims demonstrate. When Off, Sims will only react to events in order to preserve heir own lives.
•Disable Autonomy for Selected Sim – Disabled Autonomy for the selected household member, while other Sims roam free with Autonomy On.
•Auto Age (Played Sims) – Yes no Only Active Household. – Enables Sims to age over time. If disabled your Sims will not age up.
•Auto Age (Unplayed Sims) – Tick – Enables unplayed Sims to age over time. If disabled your Sims will not age up.
•Sim Lifespan – Long Normal Short – Adjusts the lifespan of your Sims. The higher settings the longer your Sims live.
•Traditional Social menu (tick/untick) – Enables legacy style pie menu, grouping actions by type rather than by contextual relevance.
•Memories Helper (tick/untick) – Enables visual prompts to capture memories.
•Fill Empty Homes (tick/untick) – Toggle the automatic NPC population of Empty Homes in the Neighborhood.

I especially like the Fill Empty Homes with my own sims.

Comments

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2014
    The Sims 4: Game Options (Menu)

Graphics
    •Sims – Adjusts the level of detail of Sims.
    •Objects – Adjusts the level of detail on objects
    •Lighting – Adjusts the quality of lighting and shadows.
    •Reflections – Adjusts the quality of reflections on water and mirrors.
    •Visual Effects – Adjusts the quality of swarm particles
    •Edge Smoothing – Adjusts the anti-aliasing. Higher settings make edges appear softer, but also reduce game performance.
    •3D scene resolution – Adjusts the 3D object resolution without reducing UI resolution.
    •View Distance – Controls how far out the world is drawn.
    •Uncompressed Sim Textures – Enabled using uncompressed Sim texture (tick box)
    •Post processing effects – Enables global focus, lighting, and shadowing effects
    •Laptop Mode – Enables faster rendering and reduces visual quality.

Music
    •Electronica
    • Pop
    •Romance
    •Alternative
    •Blues
    •Classical
    •Retro

Gameplay
    •Autonomy (Off / Full) – Adjusts the level of free will that Sims demonstrate. When Off, Sims will only react to events in order to preserve heir own lives.
    •Disable Autonomy for Selected Sim – Disabled Autonomy for the selected household member, while other Sims roam free with Autonomy On.
    •Auto Age (Played Sims) – Yes no Only Active Household. – Enables Sims to age over time. If disabled your Sims will not age up.
    •Auto Age (Unplayed Sims) – Tick – Enables unplayed Sims to age over time. If disabled your Sims will not age up.
    •Sim Lifespan – Long Normal Short – Adjusts the lifespan of your Sims. The higher settings the longer your Sims live.
    •Traditional Social menu (tick/untick) – Enables legacy style pie menu, grouping actions by type rather than by contextual relevance.
    •Memories Helper (tick/untick) – Enables visual prompts to capture memories.
    •Fill Empty Homes (tick/untick) – Toggle the automatic NPC population of Empty Homes in the Neighborhood.

Controls and Camera
    •Edge Scrolling – Enables the camera to move when the mouse cursor is near the edge of the screen
    •Sims 3 camera – Set the camera to use The Sims 3 settings such as middle mouse button pitch control
    •Invert Horizontal Rotation – Inverts the horizontal camera Rotation
    •Invert Vertical Rotation – Inverts the vertical camera rotation controls.

Video Capture
    •Capture Size – Small Medium Large
    •Capture Quality – Low Medium High Uncompressed
    •Capture UI (tick/untick) – Add/Remove UI for recording

Music
    •Voices
    •Sound effects
    •UI Sounds

Memories and Pictures
    •Capture UI (tick/untick) - Add/Remove UI for screen capture

Other
    •Online Access
    •Online Notifications
    •Auto Reconnect
    •Share User Data
    •Mods – Script/Non-Script (Popup) “Maxis does not pre-screen or support Mods. Please use with caution – Supports mods

• deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    edited August 2014
    You know that you can do all of this in Sims 3 right? Just go to options and click on the different tabs.
    edited August 2014
    You know that you can do all of this in Sims 3 right? Just go to options and click on the different tabs.

Yea I know, but do you know I will not be playing Sims 3, this is about Sims 4, and that is what I will be playing. :D
  • phineas1920phineas1920 Posts: 935 Member
    edited August 2014
    How can you "like" them? I mean, they're just game options. What's to like or dislike?
    5fhzzo.jpg
    edited August 2014
    How can you "like" them? I mean, they're just game options. What's to like or dislike?

This, I see what you don't see, I see my game play

I am so happy about the Sims 4.
    One of the things is that I can play my game the way I always play.
    After hearing.
    Collecting plants and rocks, growing and selling produce, writing and publishing books, and many more ways to make a living are available to you.

First I want to say that I am not comparing Sims 4 with Sims 2 or 3.
    Each of these games were all the same, except that each had there own theme. I remember when Sims 3 was advertised, it was all about the open world. Well Sims 4, is the same only it is all about THE SIMS, there emotions, Aspirations, their gameplay. It is about them. The Sims themselves. that is what I like, no more dead sims, but sims that react to one another like they should.

I can still play the game the way I want, only this time around they have emotions also. A lot of things I like.

My sims do not work, so RH mean nothing to me. Now that I know they can write and paint, fish, garden and sell there things, I am happy.
    I do not know if my kids will have to go to school, if so, then I can live with it. I there is no consequence for not going to school, like the social worker, then they will not. And they will learn skills at home.

Another thing is the map, I do wish it had been all in color because I am a visual person. I think that it is in color, but when you click on a place to go, then the rest is whitened out.
    Regardless I am not playing on that map. and the town is very colorful.
    There are three worlds, Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and another one that is hidden. that sounds neat.
    I must say that I might be living in Oasis Springs as I love the colors.

the worlds are small and I am happy about that, as I love small worlds. Large worlds overwhelm me, so I do not play them much.

I see Sims alive at last, It's all about Sims and how they act.

there is so much more that I see that I like, I laughed at the two old men in the park, when the one had to go to the bathroom, the way he walked was so funny. Also I see where you can make two sims with different personality and they don't agree all the time would be funny.

I am still looking for more info, would like to see some family gameplay, and more about the school, would like to see more of Oasis Springs. All in all I am so glad that I pre ordered.
    edited August 2014
    Ah love the music to build buy, could build all day to that.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm with you, Evalen. Really looking forward to discovering a new style of gameplay. It's very nice to see some positive commentary.