Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this EP worth getting?

I'm only 1 expansion pack away from getting the Llama statue thing for TS4,

Is it worth $40? does it really add anything really exciting? I've watched videos, but I want people who own it to give me some feedback. If you don't mind.
Huge Sim Fanatic

Comments

• Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited August 2014
    I recently bought it for $20 and was OK with paying that. Would not pay full price, personally.

I'm enjoying it a lot, especially the plumbots and the interactions that my nerdy, techy Sims can have with them. I wish the future world was a whole separate neighborhood and not just a sub-hood, so I could play the other families.
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited August 2014
    pc452000 wrote:
    I'm only 1 expansion pack away from getting the Llama statue thing for TS4,

Is it worth $40? does it really add anything really exciting? I've watched videos, but I want people who own it to give me some feedback. If you don't mind.

Yes, I love this expansion. :thumbup:
  • aprlmaprlm Posts: 660 Member
    edited August 2014
    I think it's a good EP, not my favorite but it's alright.
    I also got in on sale, otherwise I probably wouldn't have purchased it,
    well at least not the full price.
    Some things I like about ITF is the new traits, and the new food & drinks,
    I like the futuristic tombstones and the fact that they can buy the lottery tickets.
    I haven't traveled yet but looks like it'd be fun xD
    I didnt care too much about the hair or clothes though.
    a.k.a *April* My Sims 3 page
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2014
    ITF is the best EP of all imo but of course it's a matter of taste. If you don't like scifi stuff then better leave it.
    This space is for rent.
  • seadramonseadramon Posts: 1,072 New Member
    edited August 2014
    plambot gardener for me :mrgreen:
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited August 2014
    Oh, and plumbots can make great maids and nannies, with the right chips. Which is great in my game since EA borked Bonehilda and she no longer takes care of babies.
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited August 2014
    I love this EP, it's the only game I pre-ordered. I thought it was well worth the price. But as others have said, it's very specific.

I have seen it as cheap at $14.99 so don't pay full price for it. In fact I bet after Sims 4 comes out, you'll be able to get it even cheaper. In any case don't pay more than $20 for it, as if you look a bit, you'll find someone selling Sims's EP for sale.

One thing this EP, like Island Paradise, Seasons and especially Pets is very demanding graphically speaking. So if you don't have a dedicated graphics card you will probably have issues with this EP.
  • RubiesandRainbowsRubiesandRainbows Posts: 197 Member
    I love it personally. I guess it depends on your playstyle. I find the food thingy really useful, as it is a lot faster than normal cooking, and you can get better food with it than you probably could without it (unless you focus on getting a high cooking level.) Also, the dream bed is really useful, especially for my sims who don't talk to people much as they can easily get their social skill up.

And as mentioned, the plumbots are epic.

But yeah, if you're not sure, try to look for a cheaper price for it. Worst come to the worst, you can always sell it second hand and not lose as much money or get your money back for it, if you're lucky.
  • BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    It's one of my favorite EP's. :) But I will never pass up an opportunity to find anything for a cheaper price. lol Btw I used a lot of ITF objects to make my custom world based off of a TV show called Eureka. ITF's objects/furnitures and plumbots are a lot of fun.
  • MaddiesamaMaddiesama Posts: 23 Member
    I think it is worth it - more than most EP. I find it brings a lot more thinga and add-on to the game and it can make it quite interesting. However like many people here, I'd still suggest getting it on sale rather than paying the full price.
    CQgJ6Ci.jpg
  • pc452000pc452000 Posts: 347 Member
    :D Thanks for the feedback. I'll not get ITTF. It's released to close to TS4 for me to really give a hoot about it. I'm getting TS4 day one.
    Huge Sim Fanatic
  • AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    All sims 3 expansions are worth it if you really like the sims 3 and your computer handles the game well. it really adds alot to the game.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    It was a new theme for EA but honestly its something I've wanted since TS1. Not bad for their first try.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • amakeuploveramakeuplover Posts: 84 Member
    Seems like I'm alone here but Into the Future was in my opinion the WORST Sims 3 Expansion pack. It was too unbelievable and every single game you play the time portal appears which is kind of annoying.

It just wasn't great and in my opinion a missed opportunity. Maybe I didn't like it because I paid $49.95 for it. It was so laggy and I hated the fact that if you went into the bad/destroyed time and then went to another time you'd have meteors everywhere. Plus every time I go to play it and I have the disc in it tells me I need the disc to play.

Overall pretty disappointing although I will admit that I loved the lack of rabbit holes and that you could make a restaurant using plumbots. The Lottery aspect is cool too but if I had my chance I have to say I wouldn't buy it again unless I saw it on a clearance table for $5
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    I think it's definitely worth getting. It's one of the best expansions out. And also Oasis Landing is one of the most stable worlds for TS3 (Community center is laggy but after I buy a future home and moved my family to there it stopped lagging.) Also the stuff came with this EP look amazing. Houses are pretty good. I just love it's theme :D
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • slade520slade520 Posts: 44 Member
    No its not worth it. Wait. Ik that getting a llama satue is great, but does a portal have to show up every time??? Its a horrable ep
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    You can change the future to be a dreamy utopia or nightmare-ish apocalyptic one! Unfortunatly, no time-traveling DeLorean (lol), but it's still very fun EP!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • hyperbolehyperbole Posts: 197 Member
    It's a close call between ITF and Supernatural to be my favorite EP.......although I kinda feel bad saying that, as much I love the pieces the others contribute, lol. The plumbots are really cool, really handy, can be made to do pretty much anything......with the trait chips, you can give them instant max skills, or give them the Limitless Learning chip, and learn whatever, faster than normal sims (though not as fast as vampires). I'm still coming up with new ideas for customizing them........every home needs a plumbot! Lol