Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mastermind: A Sims 3 Reality Show --- Challenge 2 - FIVE CROSSES ---

HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
The_Mastermind.jpg

A game that is a mixture of Trapped and The Mole!

How it’s played:

Firstly, it’s a game of lies and spies, but also a team game.
To explain how it works… I’ll have to first explain the roles of the game!

The Roles:

The Mastermind:

The Mastermind is a contestant who is not like the 8 players. Their job is to make sure each and every contestant leaves the game! They do this by making sure the challenges are failures, rather than successes. They will be working with a saboteur: a player picked by The Mastermind to help sabotage the challenges and ultimately help The Mastermind.

The Saboteur:

The Saboteur changes each challenge. They are a contestant who is picked by The Mastermind. A player cannot be picked twice in a row to be a saboteur due to the high threat of elimination! They have the biggest chance of elimination because it is their job to make sure that the other players fail the challenge.

The Saboteur WILL be eliminated if 2 of 3 things happen:
1. The challenge is won by the Team. If the challenge is won the saboteur has failed and they are eliminated instantly.
2. If the absolute majority (6/7, 5/6, 4/5 etc.) contestants identify the Saboteur in the quiz.

The Saboteur will earn immunity if they secretly and successfully sabotage and cause the challenge to be lost! If this happens… The players, excluding the saboteur who is immune, will have to take a quiz about the identity of The Mastermind and The Saboteur!

The Players:

The Players goal is pretty simple… Or is it?
It’s in the player’s best interest to win as many challenges as possible! They will survive if this is done.
However, it’s not as easy as you may think. Player’s strategies vary from person to person. Some may want to play a straight forward game, doing well on everything and hoping to watch the saboteur fall each round. Some however, may want to sabotage and make themselves look like The Mastermind and cause a fellow Player to get eliminated when taking the quiz…

Back to the Explanation!!!:

Each challenge, The Mastermind will pick a saboteur (They cannot pick themselves XD). The Saboteur and The Mastermind will then do their best to assure the challenge is unsuccessful!

If The Saboteur fails at their job, they are eliminated. If The Saboteur is successful in their endeavours and are not caught out, the players will then take a quiz, with the lowest scorer being eliminated!

The Quiz:

In the case of a non-saboteur elimination. The contestants will need to take a quiz. 10 or so questions about the identity of both The Saboteur and The Mastermind! The lowest scorer will be eliminated!

DRE's (Diary Room Entries)

Diary Room Entries will allow the players to have control of what their characters are thinking about the game, the challenges and the other contestants. Its a good way for us to know what your character is REALLY thinking!
Post edited by HayloHusky on

Comments

• HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    edited October 2014
    Contestants:

Apricot.jpg
    Turner
    The Deceitful Therapist:
    Apricot Autumn is used to finding out information and getting what she wants... But when she wants to win the game, will Apricot be able to find the Mastermind?

Callum_Eliminated.jpg
    The Snobby Geek:
    Callum Stuart is loud-mouthed and brainy; a vicious combination. He's used to making enemies... But will making enemies with the Mastermind be his downfall?

Emerson.jpg
    Ninja
    The Nice Guy Stalker Victim:
    Emerson Vosal is used to being recognised. He's famous after all... Mostly because of his many stalkers. Will everyone be able to recognise Emerson's game? Or will Emerson be able to recognise the Mastermind first?

Jessie.jpg
    Artist
    The Private Maestro:
    Jessie Cohen usually keeps to herself. She's reserved and quiet. Her passion for music is what keeps her going and she hopes to be successful one day! But will the Mastermind stop her success? Or will winning be music to her ears?!

Lazun.jpg
    Mojo
    The Dying Researcher:
    Lazun Rishkin is not from this world! He's a researcher here to collect information to save his dying planet! He loves to discover new things, from simple to complex, but will the Mastermind be too sneaky for even Lazun to discover?!

Leilani_Eliminated.jpg
    Chloe
    Goddess of Waves:
    Leilani Apuwa is the self proclaimed "Goddess of Waves". She loves the beach life and living in her humble home in the islands! She's calm and cool under pressure... But how much pressure can the Mastermind apply before Leilani cracks?

Madison.jpg
    Bean
    ***-Kicking Diva:
    Madison Campbell is what seems to be a diva! But she isn't all fun and games! She'll get what she wants and has what you need, but helping YOU will come at a price! Wouldn't it be too bad if that price was her elimination!

Mick.jpg
    Jake
    The Healthy Optimist:
    Mick Donata hopes to be the first person to live until he is 150 years old! That's a lot of days to live! But will he survive this game when his days are possibly numbered?!

Pemberley.jpg
    Tiger
    The Brute Competitor:
    Pemberley Lym is perhaps the strongest in the competition! She considers herself an unstoppable force! But what will happen when the unstoppable force meets the immovable Mastermind?

Tavi.jpg
    Alleen
    The Explorer:
    Tavi McMillan is an explorer! He has A LOT of adventurous tales to tell! He's good at finding hidden things... But will he be able to use his skills to find the Mastermind?
    edited October 2014
    Challenges:

CHALLENGE 2
    FIVE CROSSES

This is a rather... simple challenge.
    Based off the game "hangman". The contestants will attempt to answer a word puzzle by taking turns at guessing a letter. However, guess a letter that is incorrect and the team will earn an X/Cross!... Five Crosses and the word is considered a failure.

Guess a letter incorrectly will give the team a cross.
    Guess the puzzle incorrectly and you will be given two crosses.

In order for the saboteur to win, they must successfully get 2/3 words failed by getting the 5 crosses.
    For the contestants to win, they must work work to get 2/3 words correct before reaching 5 crosses.

The game will be done in a certain order via email.
    Eg. Edmund
    Callum
    Leilani

Edmund would be sent the puzzle and guess a letter eg. "A" or "Z".
    The updated puzzle with any letters filled in or a cross will then be sent to Callum.

This will be done to avoid people taking a guess or influencing others outside of their turn.
    A running total of letters used will be kept and posted for player's information.

The order (picked by randomiser) is as follows:
    1. Tavi (Alleen)
    2. Madison (Bean)
    3. Emerson (Ninja)
    4. Mick (Jake)
    5. Apricot (Turner)
    6. Pemberley (Tiger)
    7. Jessie (Artist)
    8. Lazun (Mojo)
  • ninjakid150ninjakid150 Posts: 1,219 Member
    edited August 2014
    OMG looks like the best this ever ill send in Emerson plz :D
    tumblr_inline_njsn9s6ijv1rzuis0_by_ninja_kid150-d9fk4a1.gif
    edited August 2014
    OMG looks like the best this ever ill send in Emerson plz :D

:lol: Thanks... Even though I already knew this XD
  • TurnerSims3TurnerSims3 Posts: 12,123 Member
    edited August 2014
    Me me me!!! :mrgreen:
    Sound familiar? :lol:

Saw your signature first and knew the thread was coming soon after. 8)
    edited August 2014
    If anything doesn't make sense feel free to let me know XD :lol: Its hard cause I know whats gonna happen... But I don't know if others know by what I write :roll:
  • ArtistByNightArtistByNight Posts: 9,906 Member
    edited August 2014
    This looks interesting, though what is Trapped? The only one i've ever heard of is the CBBC game which involves children though I highly doubt it's that :lol: (it's basically this)
    tumblr_static_co0j3up2xkgssgookcsc40g04.gif
    edited August 2014
    This looks interesting, though what is Trapped? The only one i've ever heard of is the CBBC game which involves children though I highly doubt it's that :lol: (it's basically this)

*cough cough* Yep its that :lol:
    6 children. 1 Saboteur each game that changes. :lol:
    edited August 2014
    HayloHusky wrote:

Oh dang :lol:
    Only they're not exactly children, though Thomas is mentally but I won't enter him
    edited August 2014
    HayloHusky wrote:

Only they're not exactly children, though Thomas is mentally but I won't enter him

Yep :lol: No kids in this game... It could get ugly! :roll:

Also... Remy is about a child's mentality :roll:
    edited August 2014
    I'm going to play this game, I haven't played it for ages and I never win so that might be saying something if I enter :lol:
    edited August 2014
    HayloHusky wrote:
    HayloHusky wrote:

Yep :lol: No kids in this game... It could get ugly! :roll:

Also... Remy is about a child's mentality :roll:

Oh lord.. :shock:
    Well that should be just as fun :roll: :lol:
    edited August 2014
    I'm going to play this game, I haven't played it for ages and I never win so that might be saying something if I enter :lol:

Is it sad I've played that before? XD
    edited August 2014
    HayloHusky wrote:

Is it sad I've played that before? XD

It's quite good actually so I guess not, though it's not as popular as it was meaning it takes forever to actually get in a game

Also, do you think the host of this show will be like this man? :lol:

448_trappedeverafter.jpg
    edited August 2014

I haven't picked a host yet :roll: But maybe a bit more serious than that XD :lol:

Are you gonna join Artist :D
    edited August 2014
    HayloHusky wrote:

I haven't picked a host yet :roll: But maybe a bit more serious than that XD :lol:

I think I will, though i'm on holiday later this month so just to let you know
    I have to go to a wedding this afternoon so I should get my application in tomorrow, I won't be back until tonight :roll:
    edited August 2014
    HayloHusky wrote:

I have to go to a wedding this afternoon so I should get my application in tomorrow, I won't be back until tonight :roll:

It's all good 8) As long as I know when you go and you don't just magically disappear into the abyss that is the world we live in! Its ok :lol:
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,722 Member
    edited August 2014
    :mrgreen: Can I reserve?
  • chloeforniachloefornia Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Hi! I'm actually interested in joining, are you still looking for more sign ups?
    edited August 2014
    HayloHusky wrote:
    HayloHusky wrote:

It's all good 8) As long as I know when you go and you don't just magically disappear into the abyss that is the world we live in! Its ok :lol:

Well, Ariel might if she's insane enough :lol:
    I'll do the application tomorrow, i'm shattered but today was cute
  • Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    edited August 2014
    ME ME ME ME! Reserve me please. I'll have my sim in this afternoon sometime.

I love the idea. Ever since I watched that show, I knew it had sims reality show potential.

Edit: I'll probably be making a girl.
    edited August 2014
    Alleenmens wrote:
    :mrgreen: Can I reserve?

Of course :3
    Tigerblu11 wrote:
    ME ME ME ME! Reserve me please. I'll have my sim in this afternoon sometime.

I love the idea. Ever since I watched that show, I knew it had sims reality show potential.

Edit: I'll probably be making a girl.

:lol: Ok! :D
    edited August 2014
    Hi! I'm actually interested in joining, are you still looking for more sign ups?

Yep :3 You can join if you like :D
    Always nice to see a new face around here :lol:
  • x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    edited August 2014
    I may submit a sim for this show btw.

Reserve me please.
    BTW, call me Jake.