Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Install the Sims 3 on another computer?

So.. I bought a lot of the Sims 3 games around Christmas in a gamestore. I installed it on my only laptop (the laptop was almost brand new, but it was not a gaming laptop,) and the computer worked fine in the beginning. I only used my laptop to play Sims, but after a while the computer slowed down and in the end it would not start.

SO, I bought a new computer, but when I tried to install the games again, it says that the code is already used. I use the same account on Origin as on the Sims 3 website, but I just can't install the games again!

Can I only install the game once? (Because many of my friends have used one thesims3-CD on multiple computers?)

Please help, I don't have the budget to buy every game again.. :-(

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited August 2014
    You can have Sims 3 on up to 5 computers at the same time. I currently have it on 3 or 4, all with the same Origin account.
    You shouldn't need the code again at all. You should be able to simply be able to install Origin on the new computer and log in. When you go to the MyGames tab, your games should be there ready to download and install. It shouldn't be asking you for anything.

I just re-read your post. You installed from disks? But, you still should be able to simply put them in, type in the code on the paper when it asks, and install it. I've installed from disks too numerous times. I've never had it on more than 3 or 4 computers at once, but I've had it on God knows how many over the years if you count Sims 2 and 3. The only thing it should prevent you from doing is registering the games on this site again, since it's already done.
    What exactly happened before it asked you for a code? Where was it asking you?
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • LizzyBee1989LizzyBee1989 Posts: 4 New Member
    I am having the exact same problem. I bought this game for my mom, installed it on her computer, and she decided she didn't like it so she uninstalled both it and Origin (the only reason she would need Origin). The game sat for about a year and I got a new computer. With her permission I attempted to install the game on my computer. Origin loaded but the game would not load because the code has been used before. It is the exact same game and is not being used elsewhere. Futhermore it has only ever belonged to me, so why can't I load the game on my computer? I bought it with my own money so why is Maxis acting like I stole it or am trying to run it on multiple devices?! I just need a code that works, but I can't find that either, since Origin refuses to recognize the one I have.
  • LizzyBee1989LizzyBee1989 Posts: 4 New Member
    And yes I am using the same Origin account.