Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

honestly, are you ok with the fact no color wheel to create varied clothing in sims 4?

So there's clothes but you can only choose few predetermined colors. And there's not that many clothes. THey make it seem like there will be tons of clothing but i doubt it. No more than 20 items for females. I bet you there's not 100.

If thedre was a color wheel , i wouldn't mind but it's gonna be so limited in color choosing that sucks bad.

Are you realy gonna be happy with that or are you just sayin that you are cause there's no way to change this fact? :roll:

Comments

• Options
    mhoblermhobler Posts: 299 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yes, I've never been much bothered by what my sims are wearing anyway. Besides, I usually end up gravitated to the same few clothing pieces anyway.
  • Options
    wooters2014wooters2014 Posts: 186 Member
    edited August 2014
    vesvezDat wrote:
    So there's clothes but you can only choose few predetermined colors. And there's not that many clothes. THey make it seem like there will be tons of clothing but i doubt it. No more than 20 items for females. I bet you there's not 100.

If thedre was a color wheel , i wouldn't mind but it's gonna be so limited in color choosing that sucks bad.

Are you realy gonna be happy with that or are you just sayin that you are cause there's no way to change this fact? :roll:

I never bothered with CAST, i always used EA defaults so it doesn't bother me at all. I 'm not really fussed about what my sims wear
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2014
    yea, I'm ok
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited August 2014
    No. Not happy, Cannot recolour Sim's clothes or recolour stuff in your house. I preordered last August but the base game may be the first and last Sims 4 I buy since all EA has done since then is take stuff out of the game. If you can still call it a game, I'd call it Create-A-Sim with death by laughter.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited August 2014
    It's the only thing about the game that I'm not happy with.

I don't care about missing toddlers, I don't care about absent pools...but the absence of CaSt is a tragedy, imo. That was the best thing about The Sims 3.

I'll manage though, everything else about the game looks good to me in gameplay videos and there seems to at least be a decent variety of color options for most of the stuff in the Create-a-Sim demo.

When I fired up the demo and looked in the gallery at all of the wonderful creations people are putting up already the variety seemed decent enough to me. As time goes on and the game gets expansions/stuff packs/store stuff, whatever there will be plenty more choices. Rome was not built in a day.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited August 2014
    Don't know until I play the demo or actual game but I'm sure it would be much more amazing having a color wheel.

I see you're excited for ts4 with all the threads you've made. :wink:
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited August 2014
    No. I am not ok with it.
    I thought at least in CAS I would be fine with it since I didn't put a lot of thought into why my sims wore, but it turns out in the demo I find myself extremely frustrated and very disappointed.

I can't even imagine how much it will bother me when building homes.
  • Options
    Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited August 2014
    I thought it wouldn't matter to me much until I started playing TS2 again. Then I remembered having thousands of CC recolors in my old TS2 game - and without them all of my houses end up looking the same. I don't like to match things when I'm decorating a house, and I used CASt a lot to find complementary patterns and colors, so it will definitely be missed if I ever buy TS4. Hopefully by that time someone has figured out how to include it in a mod.
    rifJadC.png
  • Options
    samasllstarsamasllstar Posts: 163 Member
    edited August 2014
    No one minded in the sims 2
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited August 2014

That's a silly statement. There wasn't even a color wheel to have been missed, hard to miss something that hasn't yet existed.

If people were ok with the presets in Sims 2, why did they stuff up their games with CC just to get a different color on the couch?

I could give plenty of examples regarding today's technology not being missed years ago because it didn't exist. But I think you understand what I am saying.
  • Options
    vesvezDatvesvezDat Posts: 491 Member
    edited August 2014

Really? That's like saying no one should care in Graphic Converter or Photoshop whether we have a color wheel/color selector. That would be boring as hell if all we had was 4 predetermined choices to use in Photoshop/or any graphics Image editing program
  • Options
    PixelatedPlumbobPixelatedPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    edited August 2014
    Stop making threads and yes I'm more than Ok with that.
  • Options
    Littlebigthings0Littlebigthings0 Posts: 131
    edited August 2014
    I don't really care.
    I always end up downloading CC.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited August 2014

I had a ton of recolored objects and clothing for sims 2 and after experiencing the joys of casT I never want to go back to the Dark Ages. So no, I'm not okay with casT being removed, I think some folks at EA are just... out of touch and maybe should stick to developing FaceBook games.

Mid-way though playing sims 3, I discovered that all the folks were right when they said that playing without cc resulted in a much smoother game. I bought Store stuff so still had the same amount of content but the game was more enjoyable without the vast amount of time wasted looking for cc, fiddling with the cc files, updating the cc with each new patch or figuring out which cc was corrupt. CasT made all that go away.
  • Options
    aware210aware210 Posts: 151 Member
    edited August 2014
    I liked the color wheel in The Sims 3. I'm perfectly fine with it not being in The Sims 4. This is a new game, a different game. If I wanted everything the sims 3 had.. I would just play the sims 3.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm fine with it. I also play TS2 and after seeing a detailed video of the TS4 CAS demo it looks like there are going to be more choices than TS2 has. Game play is more important to me than what color a dress might be.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    edited August 2014
    honestly, i am ok with the fact no color wheel to create varied clothing in sims 4
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2014
    No. That was one of my big deal breakers. I don't want to go back to downloading CC just so that I can have a sweater in a different color. I tried to play TS2 again, and I just can't. I literally use CASt at least once every single time I play TS3. Being able to easily customize things and decorate rooms or style my sims is a big part of my gampeplay.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    edited August 2014
    aware210 wrote:
    I liked the color wheel in The Sims 3. I'm perfectly fine with it not being in The Sims 4. This is a new game, a different game. If I wanted everything the sims 3 had.. I would just play the sims 3.

This^

I don't want TS4 to just be a remake of TS3, I don't care about any of the features that weren't included because I want a new game. I'm looking forward to the more social Sims, new build tools and new CAS as well.
    So no, I'm not bothered in the slightest that the colour wheel isn't in the game. :mrgreen:

Edit: You can't find clothes in every colour, in real life, can you? They've provided more than enough colour variation in the pre-sets.
  • Options
    aware210aware210 Posts: 151 Member
    edited August 2014
    There actually do seem to be a lot of choices, and I know expansions and stuff packs will eventually lead to more. I've been playing with the CAS quite a bit, and I have been able to make several uniquely dressed sims. The clothes really look better than previous Sims incarnations. In the sims 3, I could recolor everything, but some stuff was just to ugly to use at all, so I was stuck recoloring the same 5 shirts or whatever. So the color wheel was almost needed in the Sims 3 because the quality of the clothing was lacking. In the Sims 4 as far as I've seen, the clothing is good quality, so I'm I'm likely to use more different outfits, and they do have good color options. It isn't like everything comes in one color. There are still several really good options. So I can make so really great outfits. Definitely more than I could make in the Sims 3 base game.
  • Options
    Littlebigthings0Littlebigthings0 Posts: 131
    edited August 2014
    aware210 wrote:

This^

I don't want TS4 to just be a remake of TS3, I don't care about any of the features that weren't included because I want a new game. I'm looking forward to the more social Sims, new build tools and new CAS as well.
    So no, I'm not bothered in the slightest that the colour wheel isn't in the game.
    :mrgreen:

I do agree that it is a new game but I think they should build upon their features from previous games.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited August 2014

00020070.gif

Oh, so wrong and missing the point. :thumbdown:

Simmers recolored in TS2 using Photoshop and SimPE. It was a tedious process.
    greendress.png

Mia2grid13.jpg

We also had Bodyshop and Homecrafter. Create-a-style was EA's in game solution, and it is a brilliant solution.
    Now that a lot of simmers have experienced Create-a-style, they mind even more.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited August 2014
    It doesn't bother me. I never use CASt in Sims 3, I don't care about decorating or recoloring, I don't get a lot of custom objects or clothes.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited August 2014
    Im not ok with not having color wheel. I can understand their reasons for the removal of CASt but not the color wheel.

But what can we do? We will use custom contents

Even if we had the wheel I would still use CC
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited August 2014
    aware210 wrote:

This^

So no, I'm not bothered in the slightest that the colour wheel isn't in the game. :mrgreen:

Edit: You can't find clothes in every colour, in real life, can you? They've provided more than enough colour variation in the pre-sets.

You can find clothes in every color in real life. There are tons and tons of different stores selling every color of shirt or dress you can think of and on top of that, there are tailors who can make custom clothing for you in whatever fabric you want. Same for furniture - there are custom furniture makers who will upholster your couch and stain the wood however you want. EA-made presets will never be able to match the endless variety of color choices you can buy in the real world - only CASt can do that.

And yes, it does bother me.