Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 3 vs Sims 4 in this picture

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think The Sims 4 picture is far better. The objects and stuff in 3 are nice but the Sims are just so awful looking. AWFUL.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited July 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    sims152318 wrote:
    Sims in the background staring off into space.

To be fair, that is (most likely) an older build of the game. As you can see, Babs isn't in her signature orange top yet (if that makes a difference). Things could have changed by now. Maybe they could have given idle animations to sitting Sims, just so that they aren't staring off into space.

I doubt they would have added in extra animations after they were done animating. Those types of things are completed early on and hardly get updated beyond touch ups. At that point, what you see is what you get. The only things that are changed are whatever is in the coding.

You'd be surprised. A few years ago I backed Pathéa when they pitched their Planet Explorers game on KS. The first few builds I felt like if I had set my money on fire at least I would have been warm for a few moments, lol
    But now it looks very good and not even in Beta yet, very playable. One of the things Pathea keeps doing is revisiting the animations. While for instance the running-style didn't change, they did refine the overall animation.

The thing that's going on with TS4 is that nobody knows anything and everything is secret, while we have to beg for information like dogs begging for a treat. Maybe if we had the same access to builds like Pathéa offers their backers, we would be more enthusiastic.
    At the very least, following the development of Planet Explorers thus far has been an experience, opening my eyes to the fact that as long as the game is in development anything can and will change.
    Though at this stage in TS4's development, sweeping changes are out of the question. Thing to keep in mind though is that the screenshot with the mannequin-sims sitting in the background was a pretty early look at the game.
  • Options
    peoplespartypeoplesparty Posts: 250 Member
    edited July 2014
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that the TS4 one is a render and not from in game. If I recall correctly, that is one of the earliest pictures we saw of the game and after they were shown sitting in all different positions, it kind of became semi-apparent that they were renders.

I do however, think TS4 Sims look better, but TS3 background looks better.

Render? Yeah, that's not a fair comparison then.
    This.
    635811694122995745-1577902652_halloweenpumpkinhead.gif

• Options
    mr014mr014 Posts: 1,648 Member
    edited July 2014
    Mstybl95 wrote:

I see. Thanks for showing. Do you know what video it's from? I don't think I've seen it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    mr014mr014 Posts: 1,648 Member
    edited July 2014
    TS4 has higher quality graphics than TS3.

However, this conversation is about art style, rather than graphics. People oftentimes confuse the two terms. When someone says they don't like the graphics of TS4 and think the graphics are worse than TS3, they're actually saying - even if they don't know or realize so themselves - that they don't like the art style of TS4, that they like the more realistic look - aka art style - of TS3 better.

TS3 undoubtedly looks more realistic than TS4. TS4 has a stylized look/art style to it, which overall looks simpler and less detailed than TS3. That is the art style they picked for this game. But it looks good. Looks better than TS3 does, in my opinion. I think the stylized, more cartoony art style fits this franchise a hundred times better.

EDIT: There may be a good explanation for the 'lack of' shadowing on the TS4 pic. I notice shadowing, but it's subtle. It might have to do with settings, position of the sun, or something else.
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited July 2014
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    SimChic1 wrote:
    joop123 wrote:
    thesims4-3.jpg

I think the sims 4 is much much Better in this picture, the sims 3 likes lifeless and dull (especially the blonde chick sitting), but the sims 4 like alive and awesome! :)
    To be fair, the blonde chick isn't talking in TS3 picture. That's why the blonde chick in TS4 picture looks alive, because she was chatting. I'm pretty sure when TS4 sims aren't talking they'll look like that too, dull. Other than the blonde chick, everyone else is showing the same emotions as TS4 picture.

That is true. Plus, whoever made the TS3 Sims didn't even bother trying to make decent looking Sims or ones that look like the ones in TS4. Your naturally inclined to say TS4 looks better because the Sim looks batter. Pure psychology and marketing, really.
    Exactly! Same thing with the comparison pic with the same sim across TS1-TS4. TS3 sim doesn't seem to be made to look like TS4 sim at all.
    Here's the pic I was talking about.
    Comparison+3.png