Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 3 vs Sims 4 in this picture

ยซ134
thesims4-3.jpg

I think the sims 4 is much much Better in this picture, the sims 3 likes lifeless and dull (especially the blonde chick sitting), but the sims 4 like alive and awesome! :)
โ€ขNew Zealand
โ€ขCollectors Edition + Headset
Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P
Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

Comments

• thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited July 2014
    Does anyone else see that bride In the backround of TS4 pic? Wouldn't it be cool if our Sims could walk on it? Oh , the machinima possibilities!

EDIT: I MEANT BRIDGE!
  • joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    edited July 2014
    Does anyone else see that bride In the backround of TS4 pic? Wouldn't it be cool if our Sims could walk on it? Oh , the machinima possibilities!

i cant remember :P but that would be cool :) this one? Weddings.png

MapiyaSims for the sims 3 im mostly pointing at the blonde chick, shes staring into space, where the the sims 4 shes actually staring at the guy :)
    โ€ขNew Zealand
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

• Ladybug889Ladybug889 Posts: 943 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nice picture! In this pic I think the graphics are better in The Sims 4 but I do like the lighting in The Sims 3 better. Who knows, maybe after I play Sims 4 for awhile it will start to grow on me but either way I think the sims themselves are going to be more alive and funner to play. To me, they have always been quirky so that doesn't bother me one bit,even if they do die of laughter.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited July 2014
    Personally I think the Sims 3 comparison pic looks better. The colours look clearer, the surroundings sharper, more lifelike, even the fence looks better.

The Sims 4 picture looks flat and lifeless, with smudgy colours, all overtaken by that hideous bloom and overly blurry depth of field. Nothing seems to have much of a texture either, as if it's all just been bucket filled.

And while the sims 3 blonde may seem expressionless ( though to me, she looks bored, which IS an expression ) the sims 4 blonde looks overly fake with surprise.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I โ™ก Pudding
  • UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    Whoa that TS3 is so ****** and dull and lifeless compared to TS4.

Major in your face improvement.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
    edited July 2014
    maybe its been improved, this was taken from a fairly old build i think as its an old Screenshot :)
    โ€ขNew Zealand

• DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited July 2014
    Graphics are improved, but not by much. The games do not look like they are six years apart. Maybe a year. Lighting is a definite improvement.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • joneswkjoneswk Posts: 270 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think I actually prefer the graphics for TS4. The graphics for TS3 seem to show a greater effort at being realistic but the surroundings and the sims don't really mesh in my eyes. The graphics for TS4 look a little more homogenous to me.

The blur is kinda annoying though - It washes out the details like astigmatism.
    edited July 2014
    joneswk wrote:
    I think I actually prefer the graphics for TS4. The graphics for TS3 seem to show a greater effort at being realistic but the surroundings and the sims don't really mesh in my eyes. The graphics for TS4 look a little more homogenous to me.

The blur is kinda annoying though - It washes out the details like astigmatism.

Yeah the blur is a bit meh, Might be to do with Bloom which we might be able to turn off :)
    โ€ขNew Zealand

• Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited July 2014
    In that wedding pic, it looks staged :P
    At least in the obvious sense given their alignment with the arc... hence any idea of altar marriages is out the window.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
    edited July 2014
    In that wedding pic, it looks staged :P

it would have been, since it was a video :P
    โ€ขNew Zealand

• alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited July 2014
    That bloom though. :shock: It looks horrible.
    edited July 2014
    That bloom though. :shock: It looks horrible.

I think we'll be able to turn it off :)
    โ€ขNew Zealand

• Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    Pary wrote:
    Personally I think the Sims 3 comparison pic looks better. The colours look clearer, the surroundings sharper, more lifelike, even the fence looks better.

The Sims 4 picture looks flat and lifeless, with smudgy colours, all overtaken by that hideous bloom and overly blurry depth of field. Nothing seems to have much of a texture either, as if it's all just been bucket filled.

And while the sims 3 blonde may seem expressionless ( though to me, she looks bored, which IS an expression ) the sims 4 blonde looks overly fake with surprise.
    That
    This space is for rent.
  • MALAiA46MALAiA46 Posts: 1,436 Member
    edited July 2014
    joop123 wrote:
    thesims4-3.jpg

I think the sims 4 is much much Better in this picture, the sims 3 likes lifeless and dull (especially the blonde chick sitting), but the sims 4 like alive and awesome! :)

I agree! In the sims 3 the sims that are sitting look stiff and robotic.

The colors in the sims 4 are more vibrant and look alive! The sims 4 graphics is also ay better as I can see in my opinion! everything looks better in the sims 4! Thats a big upgrade form the sims 3!
    edited July 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    @OP: For me the Sims 3 picture looks way better.

Crispness: The sims 3 also the sims 4 pic is Low res :)

personality: The sims 4
    โ€ขNew Zealand

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just think I should say, I really like how everyone has stated their opinions in this thread without squabbling about opposing opinions. It's nice to be able to participate in a thread about the differences, without people fighting for a change.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I โ™ก Pudding
    edited July 2014
    Pary wrote:
    I just think I should say, I really like how everyone has stated their opinions in this thread without squabbling about opposing opinions. It's nice to be able to participate in a thread about the differences, without people fighting for a change.

yeah! :) it feels awesome to not have fighting :)
    โ€ขNew Zealand

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm pretty sure that the TS4 one is a render and not from in game. If I recall correctly, that is one of the earliest pictures we saw of the game and after they were shown sitting in all different positions, it kind of became semi-apparent that they were renders.

I do however, think TS4 Sims look better, but TS3 background looks better.
    edited July 2014
    this photo is staged, but from in game i believe :) it is high def too :)

Ts4_home_lake_render.jpg
    โ€ขNew Zealand

• Larium1Larium1 Posts: 71 Member
    edited July 2014

Yes! That is so true! That's why people were very positive at the beginning :D Then all the bad news happened :/
    edited July 2014
    yeah, Im still extremely excited, even with features not appearing in the sims 4 :)
    โ€ขNew Zealand

• ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think the kissing couple in TS3 looks just as alive as they do in 4. I think the blonde in 4 looks much livelier but the two guys sitting look about the same to me from this position. There's a misty look in the background of 4 which could just be atmosphere but, frankly, the bloom--my God, my eyes! I'm being blinded! :lol: Seriously, they really better have controls for us with the bloom.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
    edited July 2014
    ebuchala wrote:
    I think the kissing couple in TS3 looks just as alive as they do in 4. I think the blonde in 4 looks much livelier but the two guys sitting look about the same to me from this position. There's a misty look in the background of 4 which could just be atmosphere but, frankly, the bloom--my God, my eyes! I'm being blinded! :lol: Seriously, they really better have controls for us with the bloom.

I cant remember correctly, but i think that one of the gurus said that you could turn bloom off :)
    โ€ขNew Zealand

• PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited July 2014
    joop123 wrote:
    this photo is staged, but from in game i believe :) it is high def too :)

Ts4_home_lake_render.jpg

Slightly off topic, but in this picture, I noticed that the bloom is a lot less prominent. I wonder if the lighting settings are global (all worlds affected) or is different per world. It could just be my imagination though.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared